[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it legal to 3d print an AR reciever? is it legal to buy a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1408257458645.jpg (234KB, 864x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1408257458645.jpg
234KB, 864x1296px
is it legal to 3d print an AR reciever?

is it legal to buy a milled AR reciever from joe schmo?

how fucked am I if law enforcement find unregistered black rifles in my possession?
>>
>>31623848
nothing's illegal if you don't get caught
>>
>>31623848
>is it legal to 3d print an AR reciever?

As long as you're legally able to possess a firearm (ie no felonies, no DV charges), you're legally allowed to make one for your own use.

>is it legal to buy a milled AR reciever from joe schmo?

Not without transfer paperwork. A completed receiver is considered a "firearm" for ATF compliance purposes.

>how fucked am I if law enforcement find unregistered black rifles in my possession?

Unless you live in a state/country that requires registration of firearms, you're in no legal trouble if you produced the firearms yourself. In the case of ARs, AKs, etc, the "firearms" is typically the lower receiver.
>>
>>31623926
>Not without transfer paperwork
Eh?
Private sales are still a thing, in most of the country.
>>
>>31624974
Not American so I may be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure you guys aren't allowed to sell home-made firearms in any way. You can sell manufactured firearms with serial numbers all you like, but off the book shit is verboten.

That being said how the fuck would they know anyway? Who cares.
>>
>>31625008
You are absolutely allowed to sell home-made firearms. You just can't create them with intent to sell.
>>
>>31624974
if you're manufacturing a rifle for the purposes of selling it, that is illegal without a license

I'm iffy on if you can transfer a homemade gun that you made for your own purposes and just happened to sell years down the line. Intent is screwy
>>
>>31625024
>>31625019
kek
>>
im surprised this isnt something that democrats aren't jumping on to ban, maybe its not prevalent or really just successful enough to blip on their radar
>>
>>31623848
>is it legal to 3d print an AR reciever?
It is legal to create firearms.

>unregistered black rifles in my possession?
There is no black rifle registration, unless it's a machine gun.
>>
File: 1457326791130.jpg (52KB, 650x362px) Image search: [Google]
1457326791130.jpg
52KB, 650x362px
>>31625084
Most Democrats support gun control specifically because they assume everyone else is as stupid an inept as them, and therefore unable to make their own firearm. Pointing out that any idiot can make an automatic weapon given a few hours and readily available tools can shut down literally any gun control debate. I'm Australian, it's my go-to argument. Bikies make this shit by the truckload over here.
>>
>>31625084
if they knew you could do this they would try to ban it

They know so little about guns and about their own laws that its not even on their radar
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.