[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USS MASON targeted by two anti ship missles of the coast of yemen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 18

File: USSMason.jpg (214KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
USSMason.jpg
214KB, 1024x732px
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/09/us-navy-ship-uss-mason-targeted-in-failed-missile-attack-from-yemen.html

Shitty missiles or badass EW? you be the judge.
>>
Probably a RPG or something. Doubt it was an anti-ship missile.
>>
>>31623983
>A destroyer having any reason to be within range of an RPG
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>mfw when Praying Mantis II
>>
>>31623988
If you arc it right you can get a couple of thousand meters of flight. Add in the fact that fhe rounds fell "short" and we could say they were fired within 3000m. So maybe.

My money is on some kind of guided missile system also being used well beyond its actual effective range.
>>
I bet a jew is behind all this.

It smells to much like the USS Liberty incident with everything going on right now.
>>
>>31624004
>>>/pol/
>>
It's just what happens when you fire these chink missiles at something that's not a cargo ship manned by sand niggers
>>
>>31623999
Max range on most PG7 is 920m.
Then the selfdestruct burns through from the sustainer motor and initiates the base fuze.
>thats how CIA showed the Mujahaddin to airburst against Hinds, that they showed the Somalis to drop MikeDurant and co.
It wasnt an RPG
I guess they were further offshore than the UAE Aluminium Ferry
>>
Sandniggers can't even hit with guided missiles, and they still think Allah is on their side.
>>
>>31624056
this
>>
Ship was 12 km off the coast. Kornet only has 10km range.

I'd say it was an ATGM that the ship was unable to lock on to, it could've been a disgrace to America if it was closer.

What was it doing there anyway?
>>
>>31623846
>>31623983
>>31623999

>"Both missiles impacted the water before reaching the ship," Pentagon spokesman Captain Jeff Davis said.."....

>A U.S. defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the first missile triggered counter-measures from the USS Mason.

>The USS Mason did not return fire, the official said..

So it jammed the shit out of the incoming missiles.

>adding that the incident took place just north of the Bab al-Mandab strait off Yemen's southern coast.

>Last week's attack on the UAE vessel also took place around the Bab al-Mandab strait, in what the UAE branded an "act of terrorism."

Was probably that C-802 battery crew again.
>>
>>31624067
>On 9 October 2016 Mason, operating near the Bab-el-Mandeb strait off the coast of war-torn Yemen was targeted by two missiles fired from Houthi-controlled territory, both missiles crashed into the water.[7][8] She was deployed there along with two other US ships in response to an earlier Houthi attack on a UAE high-speed ship.[9]
Hail google
>>
>>31624070
>So it jammed the shit out of the incoming missiles.
More like:
>Crew notices a shit
>missiles hit water, because the ship was out of range
>>
>>31624067
the attack was at 7PM at night

No SACLOS operator is going to be able to see even a ship from 12 km away. Not even with upgraded night sensors which they don't have.

And even if they tried, a slow moving object like an ATGM is going to be easily lit up by CIWS
>>
>>31624012
/pol/

When I know my arguments won't work and I'm afraid that my whole life I have been lied to however I refuse to see the truth in front of my eyes every time I turn on the tv or news because I'm scared of being called a word designed to shut down conversation. I respond with /pol/.
>>
>>31624131
Jews

When I know my arguments won't work and I'm afraid that my whole life I have been lied to however I refuse to see the truth in front of my eyes every time I turn on the tv or news because I'm scared of being called a word designed to shut down conversation. I respond with Jews.
>>
>>31624150
>he couldn't come up with his own retort so he had to copy and edit a response to him
Grasping at straws lol
>>
Love the shilling
Us navy btfo anti ship and all you hear
>muh out of range
>muh atgm
>>
>>31624177
Don't you know anon, only Chinks and Ruskies allowed to have equipment that work as intended. All the US shits are overprice piece of shits made by Lockheed Martin using lobby money
>>
>>31624118

>7PM
>night
>in the tropics

Nigga, you what?
>>
>>31624196
It is 30min after sunset. Gonna be pretty damn dark. Twilight doesn't last long in the tropics.
>>
File: proofs.png (66KB, 980x440px) Image search: [Google]
proofs.png
66KB, 980x440px
>>31624196
your atgm theory is retarded m8
>>
>>31624212
I doubt 15min is enough for pitch black. Especially if the sun sets near behind the vessel.
>>
>>31624229
1hr 15min
>>
>>31624234
Oh right. I typed in Saana. But the name is Sana'a
>>
>A U.S. Navy guided missile destroyer was targeted on Sunday in a failed missile attack from territory in Yemen controlled by Iran-aligned Houthi rebels

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-yemen-security-usa-ship-idUSKCN12A082

So, it was probably some old Iranian missiles that they've supplied. We won't hear any more information than this because the USN won't want to tell the Iranians that it failed because; the missile was faulty, the seeker was targeted by some sort of EW system, or that it was fooled by a decoy. As long as the Iranians are guessing, they can't refine their missiles and seekers.
>>
>>31623846
There's nothing out there yet that can realistically challenge the Arleigh Burke class on land, air or sea.
>>
>>31624269
I dunno, put a Burke on land, and I think there are some realistic options for taking it out. Especially if it tips over.
>>
>>31624406
>burke tips over
>VLS is now cannon broadside
>>
>>31624419
muh dick

When the first Arleigh Burke gets decomissioned, Id love to see some billionaire truck it out to the middle of the desert and VLS boadside into a mountain
>>
>>31624269
>mechanically steered illuminators

Sure there is, it can't handle more than 3 missiles at once
>>
>>31624447
>what is mid-course guidance

AEGIS is great
>>
>>31624457
>what is terminal guidance

Mechanically steered radars are not
>>
>>31624461
>implying AEGIS does not take slew times into account
>>
File: Cole after getting penetrated.jpg (835KB, 2100x1441px) Image search: [Google]
Cole after getting penetrated.jpg
835KB, 2100x1441px
>>31624269
JUST
>>
>>31624457
>Aegis as an acronym
Opinion instantly discarded.
>>
>>31624479
Nice photoshop.

2 rubles have been deposited in your account.
>>
>>31624481
I know it's not an acronym, but I always noticed its captalized for some reason whenever I read about it
>>
>>31624504
>I just parrot what others say and make no effort to write the proper information
Oh /k/ that's so you
>>
Chinese missiles, not even once.

http://www.janes.com/article/63815/indonesian-president-watches-failed-firings-of-chinese-made-c-705-missiles-at-naval-exercise
>>
>>31623983
about a week ago a Qatari logistics ship was sunk by a Chinese-supplied anti ship missile fired by houthis. So it's not impossible
>>
>>31624269
>There's nothing out there yet that can realistically challenge the Arleigh Burke class
>Replace it with LCS
topkek
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 800x554px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 800x554px
>>31624600
I don't think LCS was ever to replace Burkes. Pretty sure its role was to succeed FFG-7 class.
>>
>>31623846
Does Yemen have oil? If not then just withdraw the ship out the range. If yes order it to NOT deploy countermeassures or to retaliate! A few dozen sailors for country full of oil is good trade if you ask me.
>>
>>31624067
They actually stated that they were in international waters (which would be 12 miles/22 kilometers, not 12 kilometers). It's doubtful they were actually that close to shore though, that's just the closest they hypothetically could have been.
>>
>>31624673
What's your name so I can put you on the ballot. You'd make a fine addition to congress.
>>
Of course it's a shitty Chinese missile. The USA has been preparing against hypersonic missiles since the Soviet Union. Chinks can't even compare.
>>
File: Swift-702x336.jpg (43KB, 702x336px) Image search: [Google]
Swift-702x336.jpg
43KB, 702x336px
>>31624648
No, their role is to get hit with shore or swift boat launched ATGMs, have the aluminum hull catch fire, and burn their crew alive.
>>
>>31623846
>blames Saudi led coalition for 3800 civ deaths
There is no civilian over there. Its all a bunch of fighters dressed in civilian clothes. There is no right or wrong answer. Just war.
>>
>>31624131
*fedora intensifies*

But really, there is no two ways about it. This ship was hit by missile. USS Liberty, probably hit by missile. Maybe not. But it means JEWS did here, because only lowly JEW use missile againts B.O.A.T. Redpill!!
>>
>>31623846
If it did have anything to do with the EW suite we'd never know.
>>
>>31624075
US ships being deployed because the saudi ship was destroyed in a war the saudi's STARTED?
>>
>>31624184
>Russia
>working navy
You get to pick one. It's also funny that people is this thread unironically believe a modern destroyer is incapable of jamming a middle that is probably over thirty years old.
>>
All these morons. The Yemen rebels said it was a scud missile, called a "Volcano-1".
>>
>>31626107
No, that's the missile they shot at the Saudis with. AFAIK, they're denying having fired on the Mason at all.
>>
>>31624447
SM-6

Filthy non-believer.
>>
I would like to take a moment to actually thank America for putting warships in harms way to defend international shipping lanes while the rest of us just watch
>>
>>31624038
There's no evidence of what missiles were used.
>>
>>31624461
>>31624447

>What is ALL SM-2's having terminal IR and SM-6

Wew laddy.
>>
>>31626227
Who is threatening the lanes? The only ones out there with warship is the US, they are probably the ones shooting ships.
>>
>>31626257

Well a Chinese missile is the most probable.

its not like they are shooting off P-1000's.
>>
>>31626282
>The US is shooting at it's own ships

Genius.
>>
>>31626282
>Who is threatening the lanes?

Assholes with AShM's.

>The only ones out there with warship is the US

This is false, nor does it matter, ships are all over the place out there.

> they are probably the ones shooting ships.

Us...shot at its own ships?
>>
>>31624080
You are saying C-802 have less than a 12km range?
>>
>>31626282
>not knowing how narrow the mandeb strait is
Look at it, you sink a tanker anywhere near the perim and you've stopped most ships travelling through the suez
>>
>>31626293
It's not they haven't attacked themselves in the past. Remember 9/11? Pearl Harbor? Or letting "allies" getting away with intentional attacks like with the Liberty.
>>
That fucking feel with the USN's Electronic warfare is so fucking good they dont even have to shoot missiles at incoming missiles.

AN/SLQ-32 TOP TIER

O
P

TIER
I
E
R
>>
>>31624588
The article clearly states that the Indonesians fucked up.
>>
File: tin foil.jpg (414KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tin foil.jpg
414KB, 1024x768px
>>31626314
>>
>>31626324
Yeah they bought Chinese
>>
>>31626324

How does the Indonesians fuck up a missile in mid flight?
>>
>>31626311
They were definitely farther away than 12 km. They were at least 22km out, probably much further.

That said the anon is still retarded, according to the reports the Mason was tracking the missiles the whole time.
>>
>>31626227
What? We are their because the Houthis BTFO our ally.
>>
>>31624447
Mechanical is the will of the /k/ube.

Digital when unnecessary is heresy.
>>
>>31626334
>The C-802 was not properly stowed, but fired unexpectedly about five minutes later after the ship's crew failed to observe a misfire procedure.
>>
>>31624447
>it can't handle more than 3 missiles at once

People actually believe this.
>>
>>31624696
They really need to bite the bill and make an inconel hull.
>>
>>31626343
You do realize its basically broken windows fallacy
>lose tanks
>lose planes
>don't worry second greatest ally here have some more
>mfw we are the new jew
>>
>>31626363

>still missed

>the second missile failed mid flight

Im with the other anon, the failure was buying "made in china"
>>
>>31626257
or even if missiles were fired...
gotta have some excuse too deploy more ships to arabia/east med. as well as an excuse to go hot in yemen later on.
>>
File: image.jpg (500KB, 1620x2013px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
500KB, 1620x2013px
>>31626337
There were two missiles fired.

Also, just last week we saw the effects of a 1980's chinkmissile. It worked for the Houthis.
>>
>>31624269
Why doesn't it have a main gun?
>>
>>31626381
>or even if missiles were fired...

>now we have an excuse to go BACK to the middle east

Wew laddy.

Why would the USN lie? Furthermore, how will they keep an entire fucking Burke quiet?
>>
>>31626392
Rechroming the barrel
>>
>>31626378
Seeing how horrible Indonesian quality control is, and seeing that stone age Houthis used it properly>>31626389
I'd say it was more likely Chinese quality+Indonesian failure.
>>
>>31626389
>There were two missiles fired.

Yes, both missed. One did not fire on command, the other failed mid flight. A total shit show.

>Also, just last week we saw the effects of a 1980's chinkmissile

On a COMPLETELY unarmed (in any way, from cwis to EWAR) logistics vessel.

And its still floating.
>>
>>31626405
>Seeing how horrible Indonesian quality control is,

The Indonesians are not building them yet. They are completely Chinese made.

> and seeing that stone age Houthis used it properly

see

>>31626412
>>
>>31626412
>Yes, both missed

Okay? If you stow a missle so poorly it doesn't fire, and then misfires off 5 minutes later, the likelihood that it will hit the target is astronomically lower.

Explain how the Houthis used the missle successfully. Maybe it's because they aren't incompetent fuckups that stow missiles improperly?

Furthermore, there has been no evidence that it was the missiles failing and not the crew.

Don't blame the tool it you can't use it properly.

>unarmed
And so was the frigate the Indonesians were shooting at. The C-802 is a 1980's missile from 3rd world China. It is not China's frontline tech.
>>
>>31626424
>The Indonesians are not building them yet

Quality control is not just production. It is also maintenance.

The article clearly states that the Indonesians fucked up at least one missile. What's to say the second one was not improperly stowed as well?

In no way was this test conclusive evidence. Especially when we have CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE that it worked last week.
>>
>>31626438

> If you stow a missle so poorly it doesn't fire

Assumptions. All we know is the missile did not fire when ordered too.

THEN

the OTHER missile failed midflight.

>Explain how the Houthis used the missile successfully.

1/3 is hardly "successfully".

>Furthermore, there has been no evidence that it was the missiles failing and not the crew.

A missile the fails IN FLIGHT does not point to the crew.

>And so was the frigate the Indonesians were shooting at.

Except no missiles actually made it to the frigate.
>>
>>31626459
>The article clearly states that the Indonesians fucked up at least one missile.

They fucked up misfire procedure, not maintenance.

>What's to say the second one was not improperly stowed as well?

Because it made it out of the tube and halfway there.

>Especially when we have CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE that it worked last week.

And now we have more evidence TODAY that it does not work, mixed with the Indonesian experience.

What are we, 1 hit out of 5 missiles total?
>>
This board needs an autist wrangler
>>
>>31626477
>Assumptions
What>>31626363
From the article.
>>
>>31626438
>The C-802 is a 1980's missile from 3rd world China. It is not China's frontline tech.

it is their most numerous and prolific AShM. If USN vessels can kill them without fireing a shot thats a big problem for the PLAN.

The C-802 is the export of the YJ-83, and im pretty sure the YJ-83 IS the frontline AShM.
>>
>>31626389
wow good job they were able to hit a civilian transport ferry
>>
>>31626528
No its not.

The actual quote is.. 'According to TNI-AL sources, the first C-705 deployed on Clurit failed to launch upon command, but fired unexpectedly about five minutes later after the ship's crew failed to observe a misfire procedure"
>>
>>31626477
>1/3 is hardly "successfully".

The patriot missile was 8/34 in the Gulf War.
Turns out that it was computer error that made it initially so bad.

>A missile the fails IN FLIGHT does not point to the crew
If you stow it improperly, it can.

>Except no missiles actually made it to the frigate.
I never claimed that you nigger. I stated that it is odd that it worked for desert Houthis in a war situation and not for Indos in training. Maybe just maybe it has something to do with the improper stowage of the Indo missiles?
>>
>>31626528
I like how you added the "The C-802 was not properly stowed" to the quote and pretended it's the truth.
>>
>>31626491
>They fucked up misfire procedure, not maintenance.

Because of improper stowage...

>Because it made it out of the tube and halfway there.
What? Do you think that improper stowage stops all missiles from launching?

>And now we have more evidence TODAY that it does not work,
First, [Citation needed]
The US hasn't said what missile it was. Kornets and other guided missiles are used by the Houthis. For example, Iranian-designed guided missiles.

Second, today's article clearly states that the US used countermeasures against it. No wonder a 1984 missile gets beat by 2016 countermeasures.
Not the same situation at all.
>>
>>31626572
>If you stow it improperly, it can.

The chances of that is incredibly slim. For a missile to be just enough fucked up to fail in flight but not enough to fail right out of the tube or even fail to launch is fucking low.

>Maybe just maybe it has something to do with the improper stowage of the Indo missiles?

Maybe just maybe the houthies got lucky? Also, its not as if they will brag about their failures. Being as now they are 1 for 3 themselves, its not looking good.

>The patriot missile was 8/34 in the Gulf War.

If you count the 2nd missile in the 2 missile volley a miss when the first hits, which you are.

Unless you are saying 8 hits and 34 misses, if so LEL.
>>
>>31626363
>>31626592
Holy fuck it's true.

Actual quote from article.

>According to TNI-AL sources, the first C-705 deployed on Clurit failed to launch upon command, but fired unexpectedly about five minutes later after the ship's crew failed to observe a misfire procedure.

You're literally altering the article? Jesus Christ, .50 cent posters really are pieces of shit.
>>
>>31626602
>Because of improper stowage...

Nowhere in the article does it say this. Stop spreading lies.

>8-10km Korenets vs a Burke at sea

Your reaching so hard right now.
>>
>>31626536
[Citation needed]

>>31626557
Tell me why the misfire happened anon. It almost always is because of improper stowage.

>>31626592
You can read the article if you want. The Indonesians clearly show they are incompetent with using the missile.
>>
>>31626572
>>31626602
>>31626438
>>31626459

>Muh stowage

Article does not say a damn thing about stowage.

Try again, retard.
>>
>>31624479
>sitting in port, being stupid about safety and counter measures

that was under clinton, nuff said
>>
>>31626621
>[Citation needed]

Well being as how they have only used 802's, its the most obvious culprit.
>>
>>31626621
>You can read the article if you want. The Indonesians clearly show they are incompetent with using the missile.

You know, blatantly lying about what the article says and editing it's contents is not a great way to win trust in a conversation.
>>
Can someone explain to me why we dont have more ciws on ships? I look at ships and they have just a hand full when there is clearly room to put dozens on them. Do they interfere with each other or something? It seems like a higher volume of fire has a higher chance at overcoming any kind of evasive techniques that a missile might employ
>>
>>31626621
>Tell me why the misfire happened anon

Improper misfire procedure.

> It almost always is because of improper stowage.

Super cool opinion.
>>
>>31626619
I did not alter the article. I never quoted it either. I simply added my impression of why the misfire occured in my statement.

The only reason the missile would not fire initially, and then misfired 5 minutes later, is if the missile was stowed improperly and therefore the launch sequence was delayed.

>>31626620
Find me a citation stating that the Chinese missile was used.

>>31626604
>chances are incredibly slim
Gonna need a source for that.

>luck
No such thing

>1/3
Against a modern destroyer using 2016 countermeasures? They are silent because they did not realize they were shooting at an American ship.

>Unless you are saying 8 hits and 34 misses, if so LEL.
That is the fact. Only 8 hits out of 34 missiles launched at a target.
>>
>>31626621
>You can read the article if you want

I did, it very clearly says NOTHING about stowage, you fucking lair.

Why are Chinese so fucking scummy? Why?

Its like something you would see in propaganda, but its actually reality.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTNeEYlO3Iw
>>
>>31626632
Why did it misfire?

>>31626655
Speculation. I wouldn't be suprised if it was, but then again a 1984 missile operated by desert Houthis isn't likely to get past 2016 countermeasures.

>>31626656
I never lied, and I give zero fucks about an asshole anon on 4chan "trusting me".

>>31626665
>improper misfire procedure
Tell me why they had an improper misfire procedure.

>opinion
I am speculating just as much as you people claiming the 2 fired today were Chinese missiles.
>>
>>31626666
>I did not alter the article. I never quoted it either. I simply added my impression of why the misfire occured in my statement.

You added your "impression" into quotes and gave no indication that it was not verbatim from the article. The proper way to format that would have been as such.

>but fired unexpectedly about five minutes later after the ship's crew failed to observe a misfire procedure.

This occurred because the C-802 was not properly stowed.
It's blatant manipulation of information.
>>
>>31626666
>That is the fact.

There was not 34 Scuds launched at, with 8 hits.

The US shoots 3 patriots per incoming.

You are confusing success rate (what we are talking about) VS Accuracy (what we are NOT talking about, and is really impossible to figure out using current sources due to secrecy)
>>
>>31626678
I am not Chinese. Believe whatever you want though since we are all anons here.
Nor have I claimed that the article states "improper stowage".

My statements have all been that the reason the misfire occured was because of improper stowage.
You are just incapable of reading comprehension.
>>
>>31626690
>Why did it misfire?

Who knows, however, the article says nothing about stowage.

Why are you lying.
>>
>>31626660
CIWS is last resort.
>>
>>31626712
>Nor have I claimed that the article states "improper stowage".

after seeing >>31626363 and then >>31626528
(you directly stated "from the article"), you very much did.

This has zero to do with reading comprehension. It has to do with you misquoting an article to fit your narrative.
>>
>>31626696
>implying you have to use greentext only for quoting someone/something

You simply got the wrong intepretation of my greentext. The Indos clearly are incompetent with handling missiles. That much the article shows. I merely believe that has something to do with why the 2 missiles failed to hit the target.
>>
>>31626717
That doesn't really answer the question though. Surely the more of them you have, the more effective this last resort is. AA weapons in ww2 were secondary to fighter cover when it came to protecting from air threats, but they still ended up putting as many as they could reasonably fit all over everything.
>>
>>31626690
>Speculation.

Better speculation than figuring it fucking kornet anon.

>but then again a 1984 missile

1984 is not that old in military terms, and the YJ-83 is very, very prolific in the PLAN.
>>
Last week
>USA blown the fuck off

This week
>S-so who cares? The missiles were probably old anyway.

This much cognitive dissonance
>>
>>31626715
I never said the article stated anything about stowage. That was my own intepretation of what happened.

Why can't you read properly?

>who knows
Maybe just maybe it is the 1 CULPRIT THAT ALWAYS HAPPENS WHEN A DELAYED MISFIRE OCCURS, improper stowage of the ammunition.
>>
>>31626738
Then why did your greentext include a direct quote from the article with no indication? At the very least quote marks should have been used.

Especially considering this >>31626528, it's obvious you were just hoping no one would actually bother to read the article and call you out on your bullshit.
>>
>>31626738
>>implying you have to use greentext only for quoting someone/something

see
>>31626736

Where you said "from the article", when it was not.

Face it anon, you got caught being scummy.

>. The Indos clearly are incompetent with handling missiles

The only thing that is clear is their incompetency in misfire procedures, which is different from maintenance.
>>
>>31626736
From the article meant my intepretation of what occured from the article. Not the statement.

You should read the source before accusing me of manipulating information. Greentexting isn't only direct quoting.
>>
>>31626752
>I never said the article stated anything about stowage.

You are way behind anon. You were already proven to directly state this.

>Maybe just maybe it is the 1 CULPRIT THAT ALWAYS HAPPENS WHEN A DELAYED MISFIRE OCCURS, improper stowage of the ammunition.

Super cool opinion.
>>
>>31626769
>From the article meant my intepretation of what occured from the article

Thats not what "from the article" means though.

What you SAID is very clear. What you MEANT is irrelevant.

nice try, but you got caught anon. There is no weasleing out of it.
>>
>>31626749
It is complete speculation. Furthermore, the missile used on the UAE ship was an Iranian-modified missile. Not the C-802, and definitely not today's YJ-83.

>and the YJ-83 is very, very prolific in the PLAN
No. It really is not. They have been relegated to the patrol ships and ground batteries while newer ASM's took their place in almost all frontline ships.
>>
>>31626769
>b....but what i a..actually MEANT was...

LEL, nobody cares what you fucking meant.

Its funny how you blast people for reading comprehension when its ACTUALLY you being a liar; peoples comprehension was just fucking fine.
>>
>>31626751
>implying I was the retard claiming that an unarmed UAE ferry = US ship BTFO

The Arleigh Burke's are an order of magnitude better than the ferry from a week ago. I have very clearly stated that it is no surprise that a hypothetical 1984 missile would fail against a 2016 countermeasure.
>>
>>31626784
>No. It really is not.

Confirmed for ignorance.

The ONLY ship to use something different is the YJ-18 on the Type 052D EXCLUSIVELY (soon on their new Type 055 Cruiser.

There are only 4 (or 5) active 052D's out of 485 ships of the PLAN.

EVERYTHING else uses the YJ-83 (or less)
>>
>>31626763
I was under the impression you were the anon that posted the article and therefore had read it even more than I did.

>>31626766
Except the statement was from the article and I included my interpretation of the "why" the misfire occured to it.
Apologies since this caused confusion.

This has been speculation by you and me. We don't know the facts.
>>
>>31626813
>Except the statement was from the article and I included my interpretation of the "why" the misfire occured to it.

No that statement you linked WAS NOT from the article at all.
>>
File: 67b[1].jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
67b[1].jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>31623983
>Probably a RPG or something. Doubt it was an anti-ship missile.

dumb ignorant cunt you are the reason americans are hated worldwide
>>
>>31626748
Cost, weight, perceived effectiveness. For awhile Phalanx became a much less popular addition. RAM has also made a popular replacement/supplement for it on many larger vessels, and with most ships holding 2 launchers with 21 missiles each, with far greater range than Phalanx, they're not hurting for too much defense there. SeaRAM is also starting to crop up on older ships that won't be able to immediately take advantage of ESSM Block 2 when it comes out.
>>
>>31626776
>You were already proven to directly state this.

Where?

>>31626781
Except "From the article" does not mean "direct quote from the article". It can mean "my interpretation of what the article states".

>>31626794
You are failing miserably.
>>
>>31624696
>still trying to pretend a 1000 ton civilian ferry, operated by the UAE, hit by a C-802, is in any way comperable to a LCS
>>
>>31626833
>Except "From the article" does not mean "direct quote from the article"

It does mean information garnered directly from the article. It could be a paraphrase.

Problem with this line of thinking is NOWHERE is it stated NOR IMPLIED stowage has anything to do with it.

>You are failing miserably.

Not him, but you are.

You got caught. Just deal with it and stop damage controlling. You are making yourself look like a fool.
>>
>>31626811
[Citation needed]

And no, Wikipedia from 2010 is not an up-to-date source.

>>31626824
Uhh 85% of it was directly from the article.
>>
>>31626833
>It can mean "my interpretation of what the article states".

PFFFFTTTAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No anon, no it can not. From the article means FROM THE FUCKING ARTICLE.

>y....you are f...failing

Anon, you are a fucking retard, and you prove it with every post.
>>
>>31626852
>Uhh 85% of it was directly from the article.

Yet the 15% you based your argument off of WAS NOT. also 85% from the article is not from the article at all.
>>
>>31626851
>NOWHERE is it stated NOR IMPLIED stowage has anything to do with it.

Except it was implied in my view.
The main reason misfires occur is because of improper stowage. That is my experience, and that is why I intepreted it that way.

Just as
>"she was working a long night at the local nightclub, and then was assaulted and raped that night".
doesn't explicitly state she was a prostitute, but 99% of the time that's the reason it happened to her.
>>
>>31626832
Do they really weigh that much though?

When i look at modern ships and pre ww2 era ships, and the changes that happened during ww2, i get the general impression that if a real war were to break out we would take a lot of our modern ships and start sticking a lot more various things to them where ever they could fit.

Peacetime designs always seem to look a lot sleeker to me.

You can even kind of see this in the age of sail when it comes to how the emphasis of design asthetic and actual effectiveness tends to shift between more hostile and more peaceful times. Ive heard some people into that era reffer to some of the more arms-racey ships to look like 'technological monstrocities'. I happen to think technological monstrocities look pretty cool myself.

I dont know. The question is one of diminished effectiveness or if the extra weight really causes problems. If we found ourselves in a situation where ships were regularly coming under missile attack, would be put more ciws on them or would we try to cope in a different way entirely?
>>
>>31626852
>[Citation needed]

About what exactly? The 52D's in service? Fuck, if you want to say 6 (the current BUILT not actually in service), go for it. the point remains the same. Hell, go for the 12 total planned though 2025, if you want. Still the point is the same.

For the YJ-18 being in more than the 52D, that onus is on you. You have to prove its on other platforms, i cant prove a negative. Right now, its only said to be on the 52D.
>>
>>31626877
His argument is basically this.

Let's say you have an article that states this.

>Child molester caught red-handed, and was immediately arrested by police.

By .50 cent logic, this line is logically the exact same as this line.

>Child molester caught red-handed, and was immediately arrested by police. Man most likely innocent.
>>
>>31626886
>Except it was implied in my view.

Thats cute, it was not implied at all in the article however.

>The main reason misfires occur is because of improper stowage.

Thats a cool opinion. The article does not state nor imply this.

>doesn't explicitly state she was a prostitute

Thus, the article does not state she was a prostitute, you cant say the article states she was (as you directly did)

Furthermore, not everyone who works at a nightclub is a prostitute, unless you are in asia...which REALLY makes you think you are Chinese, or at least Asian.
>>
>>31626852
>Uhh 85% of it was directly from the article.

85% of the truth is a lie anon.
>>
>>31626906
>first analogy that comes to mind is about pedophilia
>>
>>31626862
Not an argument

>>31626877
"From the article" does not necessarily mean "direct quote from the article".

Anyway, I fucked up by not putting quotes around my added interpretation. Seems like that you guys think greentext = direct quote, so I'll start doing that.

Here are the facts.
The Iranian missile based upon a Chinese 1984 designed destroyed a UAE frigate, and 2 failed when used by a naval force that cannot do misfire procedures properly.
It is mere speculation that they were used yesterday against the Burke.
>>
>>31626938
>"From the article" does not necessarily mean "direct quote from the article".

It means the information garnered from the article. Nothing about stowage. Nothing about the normal reasons for misfires.

>Anyway, I fucked up by not putting quotes around my added interpretation

You fucked up by putting your own thoughts into a statement, then saying those thoughts were "from the article".

Thats a scummy, terrible, asinine fucking thing to do anon, and why the whole fucking thread turned on you like a pack of wild dogs.
>>
>>31626938
Being that you admitted you were a fucking dumbass..

>and 2 failed when used by a naval force that cannot do misfire procedures properly.

Describes one out of the two failures. The other one failed in flight.
>>
>>31626938
>Not an argument

>From the article does not mean from the article

CHICOM LOGIC!

>>desire to cap intensifies
>>
>>31626314
>Pearl Harbor
Yeah, I remember when Americans got in Japanese planes and bombs their own harbor. That was really fucked up.

>>31626827
>implying that post was from an American
>implying it wasn't from an embarrassed chinaman trying to handwave his country's shoddy workmanship

Yuropoors go
>>
>>31626934
Not in American politics.

>>31626919
I have extremely good english for an Asian it seems.

I don't think I even have made a grammatical error or typo this entire time.

I'm a highly paid secret agent here to ruin your day.

>>31626906
Why do delayed ASM misfires occur anon? It's not because someone pushes a button on accident 5 minutes later.

The main reason

>>31626919
>opinion
Except it is the main reason the delayed misfires occur.
>>
>>31626938
>It is mere speculation that they were used yesterday against the Burke.

Being that the only AShM's used by them has been 802's, i see no reason to think that it was anything but.
>>
>>31626968
>>and 2 failed when used by a naval force that cannot do misfire procedures properly.
>Describes one out of the two failures. The other one failed in flight.

The second missile never required a misfire procedure, so I don't get how my claim is wrong?
>>
>>31626995
>Not in American politics.

wew laddy

Thanks for directly admitting you were being a scumbag and trying to twist the truth.
>>
>>31626988
The actions leading up to Dec 7, or rather lack thereof, is equivalent to just that as you described.
>>
>>31626995
>I have extremely good English for an Asian it seems.

Being as how you think "From the article" means "my opinion of the article", i would argue that its not as good as you think it is.

>Except it is the main reason the delayed misfires occur.

This is again a zero fact opinon.
>>
>>31627015
>so I don't get how my claim is wrong?

The claim is technically correct, the overall point of Indonesian incompetence is not.

Its hard to claim incompetence when the missile failed in flight. Thats an issue with the missile.
>>
>>31627008
Or maybe the other two ASMs the Yemenis have/had.
>>
>>31627077

But the houthies have not used the sunburns or termits.

The 802's were their newest and most prolific land based missile
>>
>>31627038
>Being as how you think "From the article" means "my opinion of the article", i would argue that its not as good as you think it is.

Except "From the article" can definitely mean "my interpretation of the article" just as you think it means "direct quote from the article". Words have different meanings depending on the situation.
>>
>>31624004

Jews are a tightly knit community that supports each other and places a huge emphasis on saving and college education.

Centuries of discrimination molded the Jewish community into an efficient human machine.

That's why a lot of prominent positions are held by Jews vastly disproportionate to their minority status.

They are simply the most qualified because Jews have a serious support system and huge emphasis on education, plus Jews network with other Jews.

Its no conspiracy, its easily explained logically.
>>
>>31627034
>The actions leading up to Dec 7, or rather lack thereof, is equivalent to just that as you described.
What in the fuck are you trying to say here

There is a difference between not being prepared for an enemy attack that you know might happen and actively attacking yourself
>>
>>31627092
>Except "From the article" can definitely mean "my interpretation of the article"

No, it cant anon. This is where you are 100% wrong. Thats the base of it.

From the article means information garnered from the article, NOT your opinion on it.

You are now arguing words mean the direct opposite of what they mean.
>>
It might be a warning shot, like a cannon fired across the bow.

Wasn't there a live fire Iranian missile boat test within a mile of a carrier?

They are probably trying to let us know they feel threatened. Maybe they interpret our actions as aggressive.

We should give them breathing room and resolve things like this diplomatically.
>>
>>31627058
Wait so the Patriot missile in 91' having a horrible hit rate was representative of the missile and not the operator/computer failure?

It is apples and oranges to try comparing the Indonesians to the successful Houthi attack. The article clearly shows that the Indonesians have some level of incompetence when handling ASMs because they had a delayed misfire. It's plausible that the incompetence explains the missiles failure.

The first test is barely even comparable because it occured 5 minutes later. The second is definitely problematic though.
>>
>>31627140
>Wait so the Patriot missile in 91' having a horrible hit
see
>>31626705
>>
>>31627113
>You are now arguing words mean the direct opposite of what they mean.

What? These two sentences are not opposites
>Except "From the article" can definitely mean "my interpretation of the article"

For example,
"From the article, you can tell that the writer is biased against Trump".
>>
>>31627149
Even a 50% hit rate is shitty.
>>
>>31627162
"From the article, you can tell that the writer is biased against Trump".

That is a first person opinion on the article writer, not a 3rd person interpretation of the articles information.

Two very different things.
>>
>>31624588
Oh man.
And now my country plans to buy weapons from China. I better get out of this shithole while I still can.
>>
>>31627173
Anon, the sucess rate was 1 failure to 7 success's.

HIt rate is realistically irrelevant.

>the CIWS has a hit rate of 1 to 4000
vs
>the CIWS has a sucess rate of 100%
>>
>>31627208
Philippines?
>>
>>31626900
Many ships (especially those in European navies) have alot of weapons that they're capable of carrying but don't actually have. The San Antonio for instance can be fitted with VLS for ESSMs if need be, and most MSC vessels have the capability to be fitted with Phalanx but don't actually have it.
>>
>>31627173
>fire 2 missiles per intercept attempt
>maximum hit rate is 50% by default
>>
>>31627283
Yes.
I'm already having a splitting headache from the actions of our walking diplomatic disaster of a president and now that article.
I better sleep this off or something.
>>
>>31627455
Can you even try to explain what he's doing? He almost seems like the Philippines version of Trump.
>>
>>31627455
Worry not my friend, I'm sure the CIA coup must be coming soon!
>>
>>31623846
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INS_Hanit

My Jew sources says C-802 breddy gud
>>
>USA getting btfo weekly

top kek fatniks
>>
>>31626311
>Implying it was a Saccade
>>
>>31627803
This.

How can ameriga burger stupid fucking shit even compete? All that money just goes to politicians and corporate fatcats while sailors refuse to sail into Russian waters because they know they will die. Pathetic.
>>
>>31627803
... How in the hell did you draw that conclusion from this? The missiles didn't do jack shit and the ship went on its merry way? Are vodkaniggers really going to claim this as some kind of win?
>>
File: KRI Clurit Crew.jpg (153KB, 870x477px) Image search: [Google]
KRI Clurit Crew.jpg
153KB, 870x477px
>>31624588
>That meme again.

Pic related:

Indonesians fucked up big time. Crew themselves admitted it.
>>
>>31628022
It's really the only thing they can do.

The best victory is the silent stare of
>what the fuck are you even doing?
>>
File: 1454795732977.jpg (106KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1454795732977.jpg
106KB, 600x448px
>>31628022
>taking bait
>>
>>31626337
Kek even the ayyrabs are more competent than that island monkeys
>>
>>31628202
>random forum poster

I lel every time.

>inb4 NO DOOD REALLY IT WAS A CREWMAN

im a US navy seal too.
>>
>>31624503
Your joking right? You don't remember when the Cole was attacked?
>>
>>31628516
most of the posters here aren't even old enough to drink, anon.
>>
>>31624196
In the tropics it's about 6am sunrise and 6am sunset every day with little seasonal variance
>>
>>31628559

>TFW you were 14 when the Cole was attacked.
>>
>>31627093
>describe private conspiration to a tee
>its not a conspiracy
great work
>>
>>31627561
If your opinion of Trump is shaped by the Clinton campaign.
>>
>>31626400
Can they do that on board ship?
>>
>>31626712
>My statements have all been that the reason the misfire occured was because of improper stowage.

Based on what body of knowledge or personal professional experience? Post sources and cites to back your claim.
>>
>>31624419
>>VLS is now cannon broadside

Serious question: At how severe an angle can the VLS cells still function?

This surely must have been taken into consideration so a ship can still fight if battle damaged and listing.
>>
>>31630058
They're hot launch, so provided the missile can hold itself up at a given angle with it's own thrust, any angle. That depends on the missile though. I imagine an ESSM could do horizontal easily, but I doubt any sort of heavier missile could go past about 45 without hitting the water.
>>
>>31626769
>Greentexting isn't only direct quoting.

True. It's also used to indicate sarcasm or humor. Which of those was your intended usage?
>>
>>31626381

sorry vatnik, this isn't Russia. You can't hide something like that with actual humans that have freedom.
>>
>about to leave for navy
>and not marines
Shieet Gulf of Tonkin 2.0 right here
>>
>>31624150
It's warm in the ovens, kike.
>>
>>31626666
lying POS tyring to damage control. At least disappear and stop posting to lessen the embarrassment you pathological lier.
>>
>>31626752
Why are you such a piece of shit. The more of your posts I read, the more disgusted I become with humanity in general. You're that faggot that claims being disingenuous isn't lying. You're that faggot that claims if you purposely leave out information from a statement, that you're not lying.

ewww, gross man. How pathetic can you get. I'm only halfway done reading your shit so I might need to take a break.
>>
File: 1023491.gif (488KB, 250x144px) Image search: [Google]
1023491.gif
488KB, 250x144px
>mfw people itt think this was a land based atgm or rpg

Come the fuck on, /k/, you niggers. Really?
>>
File: 1472835919957.gif (1MB, 138x207px) Image search: [Google]
1472835919957.gif
1MB, 138x207px
>>31630251
don't worry, the Obama administration doesn't want to get involved in Yemen.
[spoiler]It wants to have a shiny new war in Syria.[/nospoilerson/k/]
>>
>>31624252
It's in the interests of everyone involved to just let this slide so they can focus on what they want to do in life: kill ISIS, kill Saudis, or kill funerals. It'll be years before we get more info.
>>
>>31624269
>>31624406
>>31624419
hon hon
>>
>>31630569
I expect to see some more Burkes deployed to the region to provide more air defense.
>>
>>31626314
Trolling or moron.
>>
>>31630444

Its chinese damage control.

They already put themselves into a corner by espousing the sucess of their missile against logistic ships.
>>
>>31623846
>retards still falling for this after gulf of tonkin
>>
>>31626392

That was the Iowa's job: the Iowa was the only active ship until the Zumwalt that could challenge the Burke on even footing.
>>
>>31626689
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTNeEYlO3Iw
Thanks for the link
>>
>>31628791
>tfw I had been retired from active duty for over a year when it was bombed
>>
>>31626660

CIWS can be dangerous to ships around you and your ship and crew.

There was a time when an American warship fired a flare and an escorts CIWS blasted the fuck out of it, strafing the ship slightly.

And on an Indian ship, their CIWS went full dalek and exterminated all the crew on deck.

If you want a source Google "Wikipedia Indian navy accidents" open up the tabs and word search CIWS.
>>
>>31632426
OK I feel kinda stupid, but I didn't know Wikipedia had tabs. Explain?
>>
File: Untitled.png (119KB, 1433x845px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
119KB, 1433x845px
>>31632426
sauce me better sempai
>>
>>31628939

I generally define conspiracy as something with malicious intent.

Jews are scared of persecution because they've been exiled from countless nations, victimized, and went through lots of genocides.

They are guilty of conspiring to defend themselves by making them publicly valuable to nations, so they are seen as assets instead of degenerates.

Wouldn't any group of people do the same after all that hell they've been through??

So its not a conspiracy in my eyes. Its nonviolent, not malicious, and intended to protect themselves against organized government sponsored racism.

Aside from the missing trillions occurring under Bernanke, if that's even true.
>>
>>31632590

First entry after "2010-present"

Its literally right below your screengrab.

My bad, its called a "close in weapons system" instead of its abbreviation "CIWS".

THE CIWS WENT FULL DALEK.

They even look like daleks.
>>
>>31626900
It's several extra crewmen
It's millions of dollars
all for a thing that'll basically never be used
>>
>>31632497

Oh you know those things you click to see the rest of articles? They used to have it like that to ease navigation of large pages.
>>
>>31632714
>Wouldn't any group of people do the same after all that hell they've been through??
They brought it on themslves every time though. The nature of Jews is to destabilize society because what weakens their host makes them stronger and less likely to get kicked out. As for genocides they have claimed the six million thing several times and its probably been bullshit every time.

The Jews can't be loyal to their own people even look at how its Jews leading the anti-israel lobby and Jews like soros are backing the anti-israel factions even inside the country. They only want it as a place to run to when they get caught stealing.
>>
>>31632918

Humans are like ants. You can take an ant away from a colony for a little while, and its scent will deviate from his hives scent slightly.

If you return the ant to his hive, they will kill him because they won't recognize them. Its the same with humans.

To my knowledge, humans never had wars against each other until god scattered them across the face of the earth. After a while, the "hive scent" humans used changed enough so that other humans no longer recognized their own brothers, sisters, and descendants. Then war came to earth.

War came to earth from heaven itself.

Probably why Jesus paid for our sins and got two death sentences. 40 lashes was a Hebrew death sentence and crucification was a Roman death sentence. I wonder if there's some kinda double jeopardy law that'll bite us in the ass when he comes back to boil the oceans and burn down the sky or whatever.
>>
>>31626312
except the LCS
>>
Looks like the NOOR can just be jammed to death. GG iran.
>>
>>31626389
>american flag
>>
>>31633234
It says US navy on it
>>
>>31632918
>If I blame a whole race of people for things with little to no evidence outside of paranoid ramblings, I will feel better about the failure that is my life, because I blame others for my own problems.
>>
>>31624051
fyi you can also remove the self destruct fuze initiator and can now get ~2km range.
>>
>>31626031
>UAE
>saudi
>>
>>31633506
Thats cute, but there us no fucking way burke is operating anywhere near 2k km off the shore.
>>
CAN'T CHASTEN THE MASON.
>>
File: 1473229750670.jpg (193KB, 567x633px) Image search: [Google]
1473229750670.jpg
193KB, 567x633px
>>31624269
F22 RAPTOR KAMAZE GOING AT OVER 2000 MPH FIRING IT'S 20MM CANNON AND MISSILES
>>
>>31623983
Dumbest post of the day
>>
So apperently the mason was escorting the USS ponce.

Yes, THAT ponce with the experimental laser system.

The plot thickens....
>>
Today's
China Yeeeeeeeeeeees!
China is Stronk!
thread

presented by 50 cents.
>>
Confidential notes say it was Russian Satan Ballistic missiles on a cruising route that was jammed by the Burke and went down.
>>
>>31624479

filename sounds like a porn flick
>>
>>31634232
It's not really that surprising, since the Ponce basically a mobile helipad for minesweeping helicopters. It's not a frontline combat ship so it's naturally going to be escorted.
>>
File: sup bruke.jpg (26KB, 270x200px) Image search: [Google]
sup bruke.jpg
26KB, 270x200px
>>31624269
>There's nothing out there yet that can realistically challenge the Arleigh Burke class on land, air or sea.

lmao
>>
>>31635995
Oniks is better. It's more countermeasure resistant.
>>
>>31624067
>Kornet only has 10km range.
That's just the Kornet EM variant. Have never seen it in houti or Iranian hands.
Likely they only have the regular export version with the range of 5.5km.
>>
>>31624594
>about a week ago a Qatari logistics ship was sunk
It didn't sink.

>>31626282
Is it time again?
I guess it is... oh well, gotta educate the idiots.
>Who is threatening the lanes?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracy_off_the_coast_of_Somalia

Who has ships there?
Russia
China
Iran

TF-150 countries and so on/
>>
>>31623846
Can EW actually do that level of wizardshit? Just make missiles fuck off and do something else?
>>
>>31637620
It depends on the particular missile and the particular type of EW. But the general idea is to make the missile go to the wrong place.
>>
>>31626381
>gotta have some excuse too deploy more ships to arabia/east med.
US has more ships there than they would need anyway. Due to the force constantly deployed near Iran and TF-150, TF 151 (anti piracy).

They have a fucking base in Djibouti right across from Yemen.

But then, conspiracy fanboys retards don't actually know anything about anything.

>>31626666
>I did not alter the article.
You altered a "quote" from the article.
Pretty much outed yourself as a paid shill.

>The only reason the missile would not fire initially, and then misfired 5 minutes later, is if the missile was stowed improperly
Bullshit.
complete and utter bullshit.
While stowage could be the cause, a faulty missile is as likely.

>Find me a citation stating that the Chinese missile was used.
Only missile in their possession that can reach targets at that distance.
Operational use history, Houtis have used this type of missile before, and only this type of missiles for these kinds of targets.

>Gonna need a source for that.
He is correct, you're just showing your lack of basic understanding.

>>31626769
>From the article meant my intepretation of what occured from the article.
hahahaha, how can you honestly type that and not feel disgusted with yourself?

>>31627120
>Maybe they interpret our actions as aggressive.

>Sailing in intentional waters.
>On a busy shipping lane.
>agressive

How much of a cuck are you really?

>>31627173
That depends on the platform and intended use.

>>31637620
Yeah. sometimes.
>>
File: MasonFiresMissile.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MasonFiresMissile.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
New information

https://news.usni.org/2016/10/11/uss-mason-fired-3-missiles-to-defend-from-yemen-cruise-missiles-attack

>The crew of a guided-missile destroyer fired three missiles to defend themselves and another ship after being attacked on Sunday in the Red Sea by two presumed cruise missiles fired by Iran-backed Houthi-forces, USNI News has learned.

>During the attack against USS Mason (DDG-87), the ship’s crew fired the missiles to defend the guided-missile destroyer and nearby USS Ponce (AFSB(I)-15) from two suspected cruise missiles fired from the Yemini shore, two defense officials told USNI News.

>Mason launched two Standard Missile-2s (SM-2s) and a single Enhanced Sea Sparrow Missile (ESSM) to intercept the two missiles that were launched about 7 P.M. local time. In addition to the missiles, the ship used its Nulka anti-ship missile decoy, the sources confirmed. Mason was operating in international waters north of the strait of Bab el-Mandeb at the time of the attack.

>According to a defense official on Monday, Mason “employed onboard defensive measures” against the first suspected cruise missile, “although it is unclear whether this led to the missile striking the water or whether it would have struck the water anyway.” The official did not specify that the defensive measure was a missile fired from the ship.

>USNI News understands, as of Monday, the crew of the ship was uncertain if the suspected cruise missile was taken out by an SM-2 or went into the water on its own. In the Monday statement, the Pentagon said an investigation was ongoing.

>The second missile launched from Yemen hit the water without being struck by a U.S. interceptor.

tldr The Mason fired 3 missiles at the first ASM, they're not sure if they hit or if the ASM hit the water for some other reason (seduced by the Nulka perhaps).
>>
>>31637620
You should google "Suter, Big Safari".
>>
>>31638363
I really hope they hit it, and I hope they eventually come out and say that the second missile was downed by the Ponce's laser
>>
>>31624673
>Does Yemen have oil?
No.

Kinda why they were all starving to death even before the civil war. It also has almost no fresh water anymore because sandniggers are retarded and have literally never regulated water use in the country.
>>
>>31624673
>>31638642
Oh and I forgot to mention: fully half of the small amoubt of water that is in the country is used to grow the drug Khat, which a huge percentage of Yemenis are addicted to, and not for food production.

So in other words Yemen as a country decided they would rather starve and die of thirst than not get high.

Sandniggers. Not even once.
>>
>>31638679
Do you have a source to back that up?
>>
>>31638707
It's discussed in a video on BBC News as well.

http://www.irinnews.org/analysis/2012/08/13/time-running-out-solution-water-crisis
>>
>>31624012
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>31639032
Wow, you'd think water would be a higher priority in a desert
>>
>>31641975
Again, these are sand niggers.
>>
>>31639288
>>>/pol/

Get lost Ivan
>>
>>31637720

We have Iran surrounded with bases and are allies with Israel, which bombs every attempt they make at being independent from powers by sourcing their own plutonium.

I say we let them have it. If Iran has plutonium and Israel has god as well as nukes, what the fuck is the problem???
>>
>>31641975
That's the issue: sand people don't think.
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.