[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best options for full auto?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: well fed.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
well fed.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Hey /k/

Pretty soon, I am going to set up a gun trust with my lawyer and while it is mainly to obtain a suppressor, I am looking to purchase a full automatic rifle. However, problem is that even though hundreds of thousands of these things were produced before 86, cocksmokers want something like 30,000 dollarydoos for a fucking USED M16.

Am I just looking in the wrong places, or do you really have to take out a fucking mortgage to afford ONE fully automatic rifle? I just want an M4 goddamnit, I'd be satisfied with that.

Also, how reliable are AR-15 conversion kits? I've been told they are pretty much rigging it to be like full auto, but its not quite the same and you still have to file NFA paperwork
>>
Ok...

Better question, but does anyone here actually OWN a fully automatic weapon?...
>>
>>31623460
Sorry bud the only legal way is to acquire a registered sear. Which is in the tens of thousands.

There is the SOT route but that's way more involved.
>>
>>31623591
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HORSESHIT. I SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE OF A HOME DOWN PAYMENT FOR ONE GODDAMN RIFLE
>>
>>31623460
Yeah that's about what legit Colts go for, there's a few things on subguns moving a little cheaper
http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=headlines&category=All+Items+in+this+Category&query=category

>AR-15 conversion kits?
You mean a drop-in Auto sear? Pretty good once you get it shimmed up

Lightning link? I've heard they work ok sometimes, sometimes not so much.

Prices on both are equal to a converted lower or higher depending on stuff.
>>
>>31623625
Oh you're definitely looking at 15g or so for anything AR-15.

Some subguns are still car downpayment\ decent used car cheap.
>>
>>31623635

I could buy one of those live steam trains the size of a lawnmower that you can ride and be the funnest dad on the block for the same price.
>>
>>31623573
Is there any point for full auto outside of it just being fun?
I'm Canadian, so I'll never get the choice anyways, but from what I understand there's almost no situation where a few better placed shots in semi-auto won't beat unleashing a magazine in full.
I haven't fired much in auto, but what I've experienced that opinion would be correct, Its normally only the first shot that hits the target past 100m.
>>
>>31623745

It's occasionally useful for a carbine to be able to shit out rounds really quickly in tight spaces if you need to clear a room.

It's very useful in actual MG platforms to lay down suppressive fire.

But no mostly it's for fun.
>>
>>31623745
Because there is a big difference between 700-900 RPM than 60 RPM.

But fuck though, for that price, I'd be better off peeling a rifle off some UN Peacekeeper cocksucker's corpse than to spend what some people spend on a brand new car.
>>
File: lightning link.png (3MB, 1636x1491px) Image search: [Google]
lightning link.png
3MB, 1636x1491px
>>31623771
>>31623460
>>31623625
Just make your own. 16 gauge for the link, 22 gauge for the tab. Go.
>>
>>31623945
ATF pls go and stay go
>>
>>31624072
Look man I'm just doing my job.
>>
Dude, just get a bump fire stock. It's not the same thing mechanically, sure, but it will still tickle your giggle switch fancy like a cheap whore that low key loves you for more than your money
>>
>>31623945
>>31624092

No your job is killing dogs.
>>
File: bottle opener.jpg (22KB, 513x214px) Image search: [Google]
bottle opener.jpg
22KB, 513x214px
>>31623460
>Am I just looking in the wrong places, or do you really have to take out a fucking mortgage to afford ONE fully automatic rifle?
Yes, transferable assault rifles are very desirable, particularly AR-15s, given that they're modular and can be built into damn near anything. The cheapest assault rifle you can find is probably the Ruger AC556 (military variant of the Mini-14), and they have the drawback of little modularity and no real spare parts.

The cheapest method to have a full-auto AR-15 is to build a rifle using a transferable Lightning-Link (sub 10000), but you'll need a gunsmith who knows what to do to rebuild your AR to accept it. Unless you want to kick it oldschool and use an old Colt SP1 rifle, so done right, you could have a select-fire M4 or M16 build for maybe 12000 or 13000 depending on the work you want done and authenticity.
>>
File: Colt SP-1 AR-15 .223.jpg (117KB, 900x250px) Image search: [Google]
Colt SP-1 AR-15 .223.jpg
117KB, 900x250px
>>31623945
A Lightning-Link, be it a registered and transferable one, or an illegal one, will not work in any regular AR-15 today without modifications and replacement parts.

Unless your rifle is an old Colt sporter, then it'll drop in and work flawlessly.

But basically, you need to replace your bolt carrier group, your sear, and have your receiver modified, if you want a modern rifle to take one.
>>
>>31623460
While we would all like to have full auto for shits and giggles it's probably never going to happen. Between the lefty-antigun fearmongers and the rich guys who don't want to see the value of their $30k M16 go back to market price, not gonna happen.

However, you can come quite close to full auto with a slidefire stock (kind of a novelty, but cheap-ish) or a binary trigger system.

The Fostech Echo trigger looks like the best option, to me, of all the binary triggers available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcIMERWjhiw

I know there's a lot of hate for MAC on this site, but I appreciate his in depth videos on different products, even if I do take his reviews with a grain of salt.
>>
>>31623763

You need to stop playing so much CoD. Or actually go shoot a full retard gun and see then how dumb you are.

>>31623460 OP, full auto is fun at first, after a while it gets old and can get expensive feeding it. Full autos do have their place in the world.

At first I wish I could afford one, after I shot my Richie bitch brother full auto a few times, it became apathetic to me. Much rather spend my money on a sweet sbr, suppressor, save thousands of dollars all the while still blowing thousands on ammo. (Still saving a bunch)

Hell, if any thing, only reason why I'd own a full auto is just for bragging rights mostly.
>>
>>31623460

Join the military, get paid to shoot full auto all day you fucking poorfag autist.
>>
>>31624533
The military pays like shit though, he wouldn't stop being a poorfag and he wouldn't get to use his gun for fun.
>>
>>31624546
Yea, but you have the option to buy your gun for cheaper than what you can out here in civvie life.
>>
>>31624572
The fuck are you talking about? Americans don't get to buy their service rifles.
>>
Become a class 3 dealer, get shit sent to your home/place of business, build select fire rifles.
>>
A mac 10/11 can be had for 6-8k that's probably the literal cheapest option

other than that try to find a sten, uzi or other older subgun
>>
can i find the most cheapest beat to shit registered full auto and melt it in a block and mill it into a nice full auto gun
>>
>>31623733
>funnest dad
You'd be the funnest dad because you have a full retard gun
>>
>>31624591
>he doesnt know about Active/reserve/veteran discounts for LEOs and military
>>
>>31624812
>he doesn't fake a dd214 and get that .03% discount without serving
>>
>>31624830
Bruh, them end of the season water park tickets are worth it alone.
>>
>>31624622
I love people who just say "Become a Type 07 SOT" as if you can just snap your fingers and become one.

There's a lot more to it than just filling out an application.

>>31624644
Sten can sometimes be found for $3000 or $4000
>>
>>31623745
The biggest reason I'm saving up for one is that one of my favorite tunes guns has exceedingly simple internals and I love that. Semi-auto versions add all this complexity that the gun doesn't need.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 200x212px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 200x212px
>cheap
>full auto
>>
>>31624530
what? have you never worked with a beltfed lmg/mmg/hmg? that shit never gets boring ever.
expensive yes, boring no.
>>
Might as well ask while I'm here, but does the ATF have a way for you to procure a new full auto lower if the one you have were to break? If not do they have a real way of determining whether or not you replaced it yourself?
>>
>>31628649
Cheap is a relative term. In the world of full autos $3000 is cheap
>>
>>31628838
Nope, if you break it its all over
>>
>>31628838
You can weld whatever broke back together. There are experts in the lower receiver welding field that can do it.
>>
>>31628838
ATF requited images of the machine gun to be included with machine gun transfer forms for these reasons now.

I guess you can get a lower receiver forging and counterfeit the rollmark and serial number on the same spec forging you originally had.
>>
>>31629022
It can be done, and probably has been done before. No one would ever openly talk about counterfeiting their machinegun for fear of losing their investment.
>>
>>31623460
>Land of the free
>at least 15k for a FA gun

Nigga what ? I know there is a ban of post-86 FA guns in USA but damn, it's fucking expensive
And I thought 1k for a FA G3 in my country was expensive
>>
>>31624662
This has been done. It's a touchey issue. It's gone both ways.
>>
>>31624572
Full of shit
>>
>>31624662
No, but some people have definitely gotten away with just re engraving some receivers or just welding engraved parts on to new receivers, but no legally.

So yes if you get away with it, no if you ask for permission, usually, who the fuck knows what the ATF is gonna decide.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (86KB, 785x562px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
86KB, 785x562px
>>31623763
Full auto is great if you're being swarmed by bathsalt zombies semi is just not quick enough to take out 2-3 people dead sprinting at you with less then a 3 mete. At that point you would have it or you're simply lunch. Also if there's crowds or mobs in tough times one mag dump of full auto would be enough to get you the space you needed quick.Also for sustained full auto you want a quick change upper barrel with closed/open bolt receiver. Mix and match parts of your choice to get it light and comfortable while still having the meat needed for heat dissipation. Tracer rounds in the pic as an example of what you want a full auto ar to be.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.