[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saudis intercept 2 ballistic missiles from Yemen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Taif.png (190KB, 612x600px) Image search: [Google]
Taif.png
190KB, 612x600px
Apparently the missiles were fired toward King Fahd Airbase near Taif, but were knocked down by Saudi antimissile systems. Does this mean the ballistic missile era is over, when even 3rd-world countries like Saudi can shoot them down with ease?
>>
File: 1458923967104.jpg (400KB, 907x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1458923967104.jpg
400KB, 907x1100px
>>31621793
> Does this mean the ballistic missile era is over

I'm going with "yes".

> MAD BTFO
> Chink ASBM BTFO

Welcome to the new world order.
>>
>>31621793
>3rd-world countries like Saudi
those fuckers have some of the most expensive equipment on the world, senpai
>>
>>31621850
Operated by non-Saudis, mostly UK/USA contractors
>>
>>31621862
So? If you give a Ferrari to a retard it's still a good car.
>>
>>31621862
Ah, I was wondering why they were so successful in shooting down missiles given their inherent Arab ineptitude at war
>>
File: labelkid.jpg (296KB, 800x564px) Image search: [Google]
labelkid.jpg
296KB, 800x564px
>>31624134
>posting this in every thread, word for word
This is why no one likes /pol/.
>>
>>31622098
Patriot missile system is highly automatic.
This isn't some 80's soviet AA system where you need manual range gating / target discrimination and all that shit.
You can operate it in a mode that requires no human input to begin engagement of ballistic threats.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (178KB, 1905x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
178KB, 1905x1080px
>>31621862
>Operated by non-Saudis
Where the fuck you got this meme from, Shaheed?

And also other memes I've heard about golf countries being super rich and wasting money and shit.
I've worked in KSA for 5 years, they have a lot more poor people than I thought.
They have unemployment and other shit.

Do you think Saudis will allow their government to employ westerns and IN THE MILITARY field??

Also they are so racist against westerns.
Stop these memes please, and they have intercepted 100% of the ballistic missiles
>>
File: Screenshot_20160811_162607_01.png (1MB, 1080x1508px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160811_162607_01.png
1MB, 1080x1508px
>>31624354
Other note fact that Saudis also produce their own wings and cockpit for their F-15SA. By Saudi engineers
>>
Russians must be buttmad their Ballistic Missile Satan that they sold to Iran has been shutdown by superior Chinese anti missile tech.
>>
>>31624400
What?
>>
>>31624408
Putins successor better be strong or the chinese taking that sweet sweet Siberian oil.
>>
>>31624819
Half of the Russian war heads are pointed to China.
They are very aware of that
>>
>>31624363

Wait, so the bit of the f-15 they produce is the bit with the explosives all around the pilot?
>>
File: thaad er.png (619KB, 1356x600px) Image search: [Google]
thaad er.png
619KB, 1356x600px
if Saudi Arabia was to to fund and buy THAAD-ER that wold be game changing.

massively better than PAC-3
>>
>>31625650
PAC-3 was always something of an interim solution and was meant to be point defense more than anything, so THAAD should be better than it
>>
>>31622098
It's a missile defense system, not a Saudi infantry force that runs at the first sign of trouble.
>>
>>31625680
this, as long as the systems and computers are working you could train a monkey to operate a patriot battery.
>>
Who fired the missiles?
>>
>>31625728

This
>>
>>31625760
I heard on the news that Saudi air bombed a funeral in Yemen. Maybe it came from there.
>>
A US destroyer also had two anti ship missiles shot at it but they didn't hit it. They say they hit the water before they hit the ship.
>>
The missiles came from Yemen. Fired by terrorists.

>Al-Masirah, a satellite news channel run by Yemen's Shiite rebels known as the Houthis, identified the missile as a local variant of a Soviet-era Scud missile. It said the Volcano-1 missile targeted the air base.

>The Houthis have fired a series of ballistic missiles in Saudi Arabia since a kingdom-led coalition of Arab countries has launched an offensive against them in Yemen in March 2015. Most of those ballistic missiles have hit areas far closer to Saudi Arabia's border with Yemen, like an attack Friday night that targeted the southwestern city of Khamis Mushait.

>In the Taif attack, however, the missile struck a target more than 520 kilometers (325 miles) from the border. Taif also is just outside of Mecca, which is home to the cube-shaped rock that all of the world's Muslims pray toward.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.