[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that junior officers sacrificed more in World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

Daily reminder that junior officers sacrificed more in World War I than any other rank on the front lines.

>Junior officers were always leading from the front when units went over the top
>Average life expectancy of a junior officer in WWI was six weeks
>12% of the British Army's enlisted were killed in the war
>17% of British Army officers were killed in the war

inb4
>muh working class sacrifices
>>
File: DisregardTheConstabulary.jpg (113KB, 1386x1103px) Image search: [Google]
DisregardTheConstabulary.jpg
113KB, 1386x1103px
>>31621767
>British officers are too stupid to duck
>Expect a pat on the back

Junior officers are universally the whiniest faggots on any battlefield.
>>
>>31621767
is that 'arry potter?
>>
>>31622069
>Duck

>Get arrested, tried, shot/hanged for cowardice by your own country
>>
>>31622115
Hello, Lindy. Seen any good Spandaus recently?
>>
>>31622084
yes
>>
>>31622153

Don't you mean F.N.s?
>>
>>31621767
Junior officers were mostly poorer upperclass or promoted working class you twat.
>>
>>31622115
This.

The contemporary believe hold among the senior ranks was that a soldier that took cover would remain in cover. This believe is responsible for the massive losses endured by both sides.

Only after years of trench warfare and pointless assaults with massive losses did the reports contradicting this believe finally reach ears willing to listen. Raider and sturmtruppe tactics demonstrated that soldiers can move on the battlefield efficiently hopping from cover to cover creating the evolution of modern combat tactics used still on this day.
>>
>>31621767
Shouldn't Harry be at school and not killing inferior German muggels?

Guess a bit of the dark lord rubbed off on him afterall
>>
>>31622153
Why is Lindy such a memeing faggot?
>>
Jesus who the Fuck even cares about world war 1. It was like a one hundred years ago
>>
>>31623563

Spoken like a true retard eager to repeat mistakes.
>>
>>31623575
Lol I don't make mistakes I finish them
>>
>>31623221
What utter nonsense. The "contemporary believe" was that taking cover to shoot at the enemy/provide support fire for another advancing unit was a standard part of an attack. Geez it has been that way for a couple of decades before WW1.

Furthermore infiltration tactics came to be in 1916, that is not exactly "after years of trench warfare".

tl;dr read a book
>>
File: 8188-2464.gif (55KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
8188-2464.gif
55KB, 320x240px
>>31623221
You do realize that british officers don't duck. The men don't like it and it doesn't do much good.

Hell when they where filming the epic A bridge to far, one of the officers who had been at arnhem complained that the actors playing officers where ducking and running along the debris. Something he or his fellow colleagues never did.
>>
>>31623627
Sadly, nuanced thinking is severely lacking in popular conceptions of war. To the popular mind, WWI was TRENCHES, WWII was TANKS and Vietnam was IT AIN'T ME STARTS PLAYING.
>>
Wouldn't want to meet the germans without your stick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM
>>
>>31621767
True enough. It gutted the English aristocracy and basically changed the entire underpinning of the country's leadership.
>>
>>31623041
No commoner would be awarded any commission. Battlefield or not. I don't know what you are imbibing, may i have a snifter?
>>
>>31623765
Lol, you had to be an eccentric Brit officer to wear a helmet. I'm sure he was looked down upon by his peers.
>>
>>31623884
>Wouldn't want to meet the germans without your stick

Only because the high command forbade them to carry their officer's swords. Made them too obvious targets.

Mad Jack Churchill obviously would not approve.
>>
File: Fabio+Capello1.jpg (37KB, 244x320px) Image search: [Google]
Fabio+Capello1.jpg
37KB, 244x320px
>>31623853
>>31623627
>>31623765
>>31621767

hey its roger posting from my thinkpad edge E530c

as u know i know history.its particularly pogtent that we are discussing this on columbus day because most history of europeans is all messsed up - guess why - its written by the europoeans with quill pens wearing ascots (which literally means put a bed for your butt but they rest there face on it - "COINCIDENT I THINK NOT". take columbus day - which it is - many people think columbus was a really greatguy because he discovered america. WRONG. columbus was italian and he never meant to find anything - he was jsut looking for a new place to retreat next time they fought a real army like eitheropia. when he found america he basically immediately surrendered it to spain and then got really bad arthritis and then they put him in jail for being such a pussy. THIS IS THE SPANISH WHO DID THIS! who literally were taken over by al quada for like 200 years

anyway OP u seem very interested in history but your post is gervously effecient.

1. junior officers in US r meritocracy it just means u are not at the top of ur class. stonewall jackson came into annapoldis ranked like 53rd and when he was done he was running VMI. he never knew how to reatreat and thats why he was a great general. also patton

2. british junior officers are different its aristocracy its about whether uur a duke and how u drink ur tea. did you see charles? he was married to di. in america you know who would be married to di bill gates tom brady or warren buffet thats it.

3. so counselqueltnly they were not really familiar with how to fight (like marines) they just thought that if they went to the middle of the battlefield and discussed things politely the war would be over. and thats what they kept doing. over and over they kept doing it just assumning that the ones before them were not of high status. but that was wrong and one millino died b4 the US "sent in the marines" and "that was the end of that one"
>>
>>31624971
what the fuck are you?
>>
File: 1380368548784.jpg (22KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
1380368548784.jpg
22KB, 351x359px
>>31623537
Some of his videos are just surreal.

>that video on how soldier didn't actually shoot to kill
>>
>>31624971
what
>>
File: raybarbony.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
raybarbony.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>>31625069

im the one telling you the way it is okay asshole
>>
>>31625194
Maybe you should go to the emergency room, I'm pretty sure you're close to lethal levels of alcohol poisoning.
>>
>>31625355
Wood grain alcohol is a hell of a drug. Wouldn't be surprised if he was sipping that good hand lotion either
>>
>die in a pointless war
>call it a sacrifice rather than stupidity/waste
uh huh
>>
>>31625126
lol are you 10? They don't.
Generally people don't want to kill each other, despite volunteering to go fight somewhere. Currently surveys among veterans in any given country is anywhere from 50 to 70% who has actually killed someone, others say they haven't or aren't sure.

Sure there are big ratios like 1000 enemy combatants killed for every soldier lost, but most of those are from artillery or air support. The rest of the kills are generally done by the remaining 10% of guys who actually genuinely enjoy the killing itself, and will rack up a count during their deployment.

>>31626010
Tell me why ridding the world of shitskins is pointless
>>
>>31626076
Also in case you would like to continue your absolutely ignorant argument, if every soldier was a kill hungry baby killer then 22 of them wouldn't kill themselves every year.
http://www.militarytimes.com/story/veterans/2016/07/07/va-suicide-20-daily-research/86788332/

Also read up on Killology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killology
>>
>>31623537
He's from the UK
>>
>>31622084
Yes.
INot many people are aware of it, but he took a time-turner and participated in various wars across History.
>>
>>31621767
Jr. Officers my ass

Lcpl underground reporting in.
>>
>>31624971
>stonewall jackson
>came into annapoldis
you dumb mother fucker, Annapolis is the fucking NAVAL academy, West Point is Army.
>>
>>31626285
>that 70s German androgynous look
is that a man or a woman?
>>
>>31621767
>>>31623575
>Lol I don't make mistakes I finish them
School holiday.........
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.