[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beretta M9: is it shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: efd.jpg (19KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
19KB, 403x392px
I can't get a conciseness on this. Is it shit or is it good. I get to one guy and he says its good and then the next guy that comes along says it shit. Is it any good? Is it shit? Should we have stuck with the 1911?
>>
>>31620137
Its great when it is new and well cared fort, most military ones are beat to shit and worn out.
>>
Go to a range and shoot one, decide for yourself.
>>
>>31620137
It's huge for a 9mm pistol.

I like it though, very low recoil and good trigger.
>>
>>31620137
Like most modern autos it is good. Faggots play their brand wars promoting it, or burning it to the ground. Pick one up, fire it if possible. Read up on its features, and decide for yourself. Don't rely on the /k/ hive mind.
>>
>>31620137
It's very good. It gets a bad rep nowadays from less skilled shooters because it's DA/SA and it isn't a Glock. Give the average gun owner a DA/SA and they'll shit their pants because the first trigger pull is 12lbs. It's one of the softest shooting fullsize 9mm's because of its weight and operating mechanism.

There's a bunch of high level shooters like Ernest Langdon, Ken Hackathorne, Bill Wilson and Dave Harrington that shoot M92's ridiculously well.

Of course this is all assuming you're genuinely interested in the M9 and its reputation instead of making this thread because the funny frog has an M9.

One fatal flaw of the M9 is that they do not come with a G Conversion already in the gun.
>>
>>31620137
M9/92fs is GOAT, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise, the only complaint I have about mine is that it's relatively HUGE.
>>
File: IMG_20160930_213757.jpg (341KB, 1152x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_213757.jpg
341KB, 1152x1440px
>>31620137

It's heavy, big, easy to strip down, feels good. If you want a CC gun it's probably not the one for you though.
>>
File: px4.png (562KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
px4.png
562KB, 600x596px
>>31621549
Adding to this, if you want an M9 but for conceal carry, the PX4 Compact is a good alternative. There's an enhanced variant called the Compact Carry that is coming in a few weeks
>>
>>31621521

That is a good post man.
>>
>>31620137
There are only three types of people that hate M9 pistols:
>military people that had only shot examples from armories and suffored 30 years of neglect, abuse, and poor maintenance practices or they were using the older magazines that didn't have the PVD coating.
>Glawkbabbys who can't except anything that is any different from first gun they've ever fired and can't grasp the concept of effort in training to be proficient with a new gun
>people with manlet hands who can't easily reach the controls and have a tough time reaching the DA trigger.

Manlets are the only group that have a legit gripe with pistol since they can't do preventative maintenance to avoid small hands or train to have bigger hands. You may also run into issues if you are trying to CCW, but that is pretty much a given for any full-size handgun. When it comes down to it, there's really nothing inherently wrong with the gun and unless you are buying some old surplus gun, then there's no reason to expect it to be bad.
>>
>>31625648
>>people with manlet hands who can't easily reach the controls and have a tough time reaching the DA trigger.
I don't even think that's an excuse now that i've owned my own for a month or so
t. manlet hands M9 owner
>>
>>31620455
First post best post
/thread
They even run dirty now and have a giant selection of parts and know how to do anything you want to do.
>>
Does anyone have knowledge like >>31621521 that they'd like to share? I just bought a surplus 92S and it seems to be in good condition but I want to learn more about the basics of taking care of it properly (or things to look out for)... is there like a manual or wiki I can browse for that sort of thing? Also,

>where does one buy 92 heel-release mags?
>>
There's no complaints to be had, it's full-size service pistol, but lol only 9mm.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.