[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given how the AR is simultaneously the most combat effective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: 1374895977411.jpg (100KB, 700x735px) Image search: [Google]
1374895977411.jpg
100KB, 700x735px
Given how the AR is simultaneously the most combat effective weapons platform as well as the most cost effective, is there any reason any other weapon designs should be on the market? Would it be possible to pass a law stipulating that only AR-platform rifles and pistols may be sold, while prohibiting the manufacture/sale of other inferior designs?
>>
File: aw_yeah_son.jpg (51KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
aw_yeah_son.jpg
51KB, 500x508px
>>31620040

Cons

> No non-goofball AR that shoot shotgun shells
> No ARs that shoot long action calibers
> No ARs that shoot straight wall cartridges
> Concealed carry permit holders have to somehow conceal an AR pistol

Pros

> SCAR/PTR/M1A owners hunt OP down and draw and quarter him on the spot.

Where do I sign, OP
>>
>>31620040
The AR is a fantastic weapon, but for long term viability, I would rather have an SKS. I am not a "prepper" per se, but I am good with my hands and can do some metalworking. You could scrounge together scrap parts to repair an AK in a pinch - hell the Pakistani gunsmiths have taken hand crafted weapons to an art form.

I somehow doubt that you could easily do the same for an AR. It's the nature of the weapon - an AR is the product of modern tech. I am not confident in our ability to match tolerances as closely as you would need.

Also generally bolt actions are inherently more accurate than semi-autos (except for Mosin, but Mosin is still good rifle) Pic related, this is the same setup I have on my Swedish Mauser, which shoots about .75 MOA when I do my part and can reach out a good deal further with a lot more punch than the AR platform, even against other rounds like 6.5 Grendel.

TL;DR This is either bait or you are the worst AR fanboy I've ever met.
>>
>>31620542
.338 lapua ARs are a thing
Look up .45 raptor, and .450 marlin ARs are a thing.
>>
nah everything else is a toy. i dont know why people even bother spending money on all these rusty trash plastic jew weapons and stupid shit that gets posted on this board. ar-15 is the only weapon that needs to even exist.
>>
>>31620694

Anon, would you happen to be German?
>>
>>31620542
>shotgun
I thought I saw an upper that took .410 somewhere. Or what about the .50 uppers with side magazines?
>long calibers
AR-10 is a thing.
>straight walled cartridges
Is there a reason this is a problem? Genuinely asking.

Don't get me wrong, OP is a fag, but I'd rather knock down his points realistically.
>>
It shits where it eats...
>>
>>31620040
The AR isn't as easy to suppress as piston driven guns with adjustable gas systems. In an AR platform, you need to change the mass of the recoil buffer, and possible even the weight of the bolt, or completely swap out the gas system.

Alternatively, on a piston driven SIg 550/556, you just turn the gas knob down from overgassed/severely-overgassed to suppressed and you're done.
>>
File: infinite-tom-selleck.png (151KB, 399x549px) Image search: [Google]
infinite-tom-selleck.png
151KB, 399x549px
>>31620799

OP is a bored 16 year old who started a silly thread between MOBA matches.

Rise above it. Post funny pictures of Tom Selleck instead.
>>
>>31620040

>no need to CC a gun
>just carry a disabled vet with an M4 on your back in a cripple holster
>>
>>31620908
The cripple is carrying a SIG, I'm not sure which version though.
>>
>>31620919

so he's mentally crippled as well?
>>
>>31620040

non-AR's purpose is designated Range Toy
>>
>>31620659
Dude at most for an AR, you're going to be replacing the barrel, gas ring and gas tube, all parts that are replaced at the same time.

Assemblies go for an easy 200, and if you need to replace them more than once every other year, you're shtfing wrong.

Otherwise ARs are king for the sheer aftermarket and simplicity.

I can easily take tube aluminum stock, throw it on a rotary mill chuck and make a new handguard, fucking any decent 4140/50 steel can be used to make barrel nuts, uppers are weird to machine but can be easily done, same as lowers, buffer tubes can be machined but typically aren't because of how wasteful it is, but you can also throw snowflake AR18 uppers on there, possibly also bolt action uppers, et cetera.

The AR is great for engineering around, mostly, simply because of how simple the lower is and it's ability to swap out uppers with no fitting.

It'd be nice to have more manufacturers embrace the platform though. It'd like more true blue piston uppers, bolt action uppers that are closer to the Ruger PR, i mean Christ, there's a fucking .50 BMG upper, it can work, don't know why Mossberg didn't take that angle work their MVP. Or fucking bullpup systems. It's a niche market, yes, but on the same hand, is piss easy if you have a mill and the tooling already.
>>
>>31621061
They run fine as long as you're not a youtube level idiot that doesn't understand how an adjustable gas system works.
>>
>>31620793
No, burger
And SCAR owner
>>
>>31620040
>weapons platform
Kys
>>
>>31620040
>its not an AK
No.
>>
File: drt.jpg (56KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
drt.jpg
56KB, 564x423px
>>31621076

I think you meant to type "Dead Right There", anon.
>>
>>31620040
AK ergonomics really are better.

Infinite customization doesn't make it better, it means you would have to spend money to get it where you want it.

I really do think I would prefer to use an AK if they were in common use in America.
>>
File: xFRDwSn.jpg (262KB, 2058x2129px) Image search: [Google]
xFRDwSn.jpg
262KB, 2058x2129px
>>31621304
They are objectively worse
>>
>>31620040
No.
They might be taking away our freedoms, but the freedom to give them money will never be taken away from us.
>>
>>31621304

> AK ergonomics really are better...

Your parents denying you food as punishment still counts as child abuse, and not just because they made you short.
>>
>>31620659
You're retarded

The SKS is overpriced garbage
>>
>>31620040
uh im pretty sure you misspelled mosin nagant.
>>
>>31620040
>the most combat effective weapons platform as well as the most cost effective
lol no

that goes to the AK
>>
>>31620694
>.338 lapua ARs are a thing
WANT
>>
>>31621705
$6900
http://drdtactical.com/product/kivaari-338/
>>
>>31620659
Here I am defending the mosin. If it's in similar condition to whatever other milsurp rifle you're comparing it to, it's just as accurate.
>>
>>31621226

>nomenclature
KYS
>>
>>31621304

Ak's are shit. They were a conscript rifle when they were designed, they are a shit conscript rifle now.
>>
>>31621976

No it is a piece of shit.

See : >>>31623948
>>
File: crippled masters.png (397KB, 623x476px) Image search: [Google]
crippled masters.png
397KB, 623x476px
>>31620040
>>
>>31624081
whats this from
>>
>>31620040
That's a sig 556 in the picture, tard.
>>
>>31625259
It's from an independent Kung-fu flick called, "read the fucking file name you massive tool"
It's good for it's camp value, or if you like cheesy kung fu
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.