[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Bolt Action in 7.62 x 39?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: CZ76239CAR.tag.0.jpg (88KB, 2200x508px) Image search: [Google]
CZ76239CAR.tag.0.jpg
88KB, 2200x508px
Recommend me a bolt action rifle chambered in 7.62 x 39.

I have a ton of surplus ammo and the SKS is fun and all, but I'd like to put a scope on something.

I know of the CZ 527 ($$$$) and the Zastava M85 (garbage).

Are there any other options you recommend?
>>
>CZ 527 ($$$$)

They're not very expensive anon, and they're of good quality.
>>
In my part of the world they're about $1100 before optics. Was hoping for something more in the $500 to $800 range
>>
>>31620048

Oh wow, yeah, that's a pretty penny. Where are you?
>>
>>31619454
Why not 308? Better ballistics, more options.
>>
>>31620048
That's a bit insane, what's a Howa 1500 mini action go for? Don't know if the live up to a normal 1500 with the 7.62x39, but they run a little over $500 here.
>>
>>31620048
Even in California they're below $700. The bolt is smooth as silk and that 12 ounce, OUNCE! trigger is delightful!
>>
>>31620078

Canada. The land of the $225 SKS.

We also have 13% sales tax, so an $1100 rifle becomes a $1,250 rifle before you get it out the door
>>
>>31620127

Because I have a boat load of surplus 7.62.

The 308 is a great round, just didn't want to stockpile another calibre
>>
>>31620380
https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/cz-527-carbine-7-62x39-rifle/

Damn, he ain't lying.
>>
>>31620376

Gah! You guys are just making me want to piss the wife off and just buy the CZ! :P

Would love to experience the trigger, have heard great things about it.
>>
>>31619778
>They're not very expensive anon,
I'm not really poor, but they're the price of an Ak basically. Not much of a point if you can opt for semi autos. If they were around $450-550 I'd consider it more of an option, but being nearly $700 really isn't appealing for something that is really more of a range toy. You can opt for rifles in better calibers like .308 for the same price or less.
>>
>>31620423

And that site is sold out.

Here's a site that has stock and is selling for 1,099
http://www.westcoasthunting.ca/product/cz-527-carbine-7-62x39/
>>
>>31619454
Since 7.62x39 is a garbage round anyway it's not like you'll get any sort of respectable accuracy. Just buy a long eye relief scope and a foregrip rail for your sks.
>>
>>31620502

OP here and that is starting to look like a serious option instead of a new rifle

Thank you all for you input and please keep em coming
>>
>>31619454
Anon buy once, cry once. Id buy the shit out of a 527 even at that prixe.
>>
>>31620502
dont be retarded
>>
>>31620208
Outside of the Howa mini action, the only other thing I can think of is a Ruger M77 compact rifle, but it cost 1000 burger buckaroonis here, so I doubt it's any cheaper there.

I tried to track down a Howa for you, but can't find any but there are supposedly 3 Howa distributors in Canada, scraped from a forum

Caldwell Industries Co Ltd. in Vancouver
owmarc Sports out of Ottawa
Bass Pro Shops in Toronto
>>
>>31620618
Bowmarc Sports
>>
>>31619454
OP, if you're interested in shooting 7.62x39 out of a bolt action, please bear in mind that the milsurp/cheap stuff is kinda shit.

If you're wanting to be as accurate as possible, you'll be looking at handloading. If you just want to be able to plink cheaply and ring steel, then by all means buy a bolt action.

I'm voting for the CZ, because I've never met a CZ rifle or pistol I didn't love. (Well. We just won't talk about the CZ52.)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.