[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR-15 Gas Impingement or Piston

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1467182437251.jpg (185KB, 1080x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1467182437251.jpg
185KB, 1080x1211px
I have read and read about the differences between these two. I have seen the " durrr you're just making an AR have old technology that was used on the AK ", also " LESS ACCURATE ". I have seen both sides of the argument. What I can't seem to find is someone that took the same 2 AR's,and just swapped the gas system out with the piston system and tested them side by side. I think I am going to do this with some of the lowers I have and 2 of the PSA Carbine length kits ( and one of them I will obviously put a gas system on ). So at that point, I will have one of each, with " relatively " the same parts... OR have one of you done it, or seen it done already? If you have, or know of someone that has done a review of said weapons ( like I said, same guns, just different gas / piston systems ), please show me!
>>
Don't listen to what the DI fags say, get piston, it is the future of AR rifles.
>>
>>31608598
If you do this tell us how it goes. A video would be pretty cool too.
>>
>>31608638
>what is carrier tilt
>>
>>31608638
This is kind of what I am gathering the more I read. I think I am going to build 2 AR's, exactly the same, part for part, except the DI and piston systems. Put around 2,000 rounds through each, and document the results from start to finish. If I do this, I will take pictures of everything and post results.
>>
>>31608655
Yeah, unless I can find someone that has already done this, that is exactly what I would do. Document the process from the builds to the final results.
>>
>>31608692
Godspeed my dude.
>>
>>31608692
Guy who runs Battlefield Vegas says every single piston AR they ran broke down quickly from full auto fire, aside from an authentic HK416 and a knockoff TD415 that kept on trucking.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/677135_High_round_count_AR_M4_s__over_100_000_rounds__and_how_they_have_handled_on_our_range.html&page=1
>>
What if they elongated the gas key to remain surrounding the gas tube all the time which should reduce some of the fouling right? You would still get chamber blow back, and the bolt piston would still get some carbon deposits but nothing a little squirt of oil couldn't cure...
>>
>>31608638
No
>>
>>31609913
Thank you very much for that information. I am going to assume that you can't just buy the HK piston driven system without getting the entire gun. I will definitely check that out though!
>>
Heckler und Koch is pushing the piston-AR meme and their HK416 especially hard ever since their arh-rivals FN began mass production of DI AR systems. Really makes you think.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.