[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French gunlaws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: FaMaS.jpg (35KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
FaMaS.jpg
35KB, 800x533px
any frenchfag here?

What are the differences between category B1, B2 and B4 firearms?

I can't find any information.

Also, anyone ever bought something from esistoire.fr?
>>
>>31607584
i didn't realize french gun owners existed...
>>
File: RA13RDP.jpg (359KB, 1920x1278px) Image search: [Google]
RA13RDP.jpg
359KB, 1920x1278px
>>
>>31607599
they are selling pretty neat stuff there

from MG42s, over Zastava M70s and Beretta 38As!
> http://www.esistoire.fr/produit/mp38a1er/pistolet-mitrailleur-beretta-38a-calibre-9-para-cat-b2.html
>>
http://www.esistoire.fr/produit/FALL1A7637/fusil-semi-automatique-fal-l1a1-cal-308-cat-b-2e.html

Oh putain ouais !
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sw-trJL-HI
>>
>>31610527
many thanks
>>
>>31607584
You didn't search very long, it's almost everywhere, especially on some gunshop websites :
http://www.armurerie-lavaux.com/legislation-reglementation-sur-les-armes.html

Here is a form to find out what category the weapon you want will fall in :
http://www.unpact.net/categories.html

Simple classification by the government itself :
https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F31877

Very useful doc :
http://cjftir.fr/images/contenu_statique/doc/Infos_Utiles/MementoClassificationArmes
>>
>>31612826
I'm not from france and I don't speak french
so, thank you for your work
>>
File: DSC_9131.jpg (621KB, 1400x930px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9131.jpg
621KB, 1400x930px
>>31612844
Oh sorry mang, I'd never thought that someone outside this shithole would have any interest in one of the most complicated legislation possible. I have nearly nothing in english (besides on of the form that can be translated) Because it's terribly specific to this country.

To simplify :
Semi auto (handguns and rifles) are B, this requires an authorization delivered by the government and need :
Sport shooting license validated by a doctor
Approval of shooting club president
Shooting logbook with at least 3 controlled shots separated by at least 2 months
Identity proof
Proof that you actually live at the address you specified
Proof you have a safe adapted to the weapons you want
Papers, papers, papers...
You have to go to the same bullshit every 5 years to renew your authorization, one per gun, up to 12 guns
You can buy 1000 rounds per year per gun

C category : bolt actions, rifled pump action, this requires a declaration and need :
Sport shooting license validated by a doctor

D category : old guns, black powder, you have to be 18+
Shooting license required to buy ammo and powder

We don't have SBR concept, Silencers are the same category the weapon you put them on : If you want a silencer for an AR you have to get an authorization, for a bolt action .22lr you have to declare it (but you don't)

Reloading components are not regulated in volume, so reloading is a big thing here. I bought a Dillon RL550b because I went through my quota of 1000 rounds of 9x19 in 4 months.
>>
>>31607584
Here are the laws
https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichCode.do?idSectionTA=LEGISCTA000025508075&cidTexte=LEGITEXT000025503132
https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/eli/decret/2013/7/30/INTD1310029D/jo#JORFSCTA000027792825

In he second link, look at the article 2 "sous section 2 armes de categorie B" (Rubrique 3)

There are no important differences, it's just different parts of the list (ex: semi auto with more than 3 cartridges in the magazine or chambered in 7,62 nato). So when you ask for an authorization, it's just "B §2" or "B §4" depending on the weapon.
>>
>>31612891
Op here

I´m european myself, Austria here

our laws are a tad better, but we can´t really own semi auto longguns like an AK for example

we only have a few apprroved sa lgs like the AUG Z, Oberland Arms Ar15 (Austria Edition) and Sig 550 (Austria Edition)...

> You have to go to the same bullshit every 5 years to renew your authorization
over here the police will show up every 5 years and look for your safe if everything's here

> one per gun, up to 12 guns
on our license we only get 1 or 2 "places", so we can only buy 1 or 2 guns in total
which sucks ass, because if you want more you have to suck so many dicks, just to get ONE more place on your license

Cat. C & D are free to own at 18+ here in AUT
> We don't have SBR concept
we too
Suppressors are lillegal, just like pump action shotguns (semi auto ones are totally legal)

> Reloading components are not regulated
we sorta have that system too, but we don't have a limit on how many rounds we can buy / shoot every year
>>
>>31612891
>If you want a silencer for an AR you have to get an authorization
Can't you just say that you want it for a bolt action .223 ?
>>
I know a lot of European laws suck with caliber/number of guns/ammo quantity stuff because they're concerned you're going to start a political movement to overthrow the government. It's pretty retarded IMO and just seems super silly from an American perspective.

Honestly I could almost live with some of their med certificate type stuff (even though it's against the 2nd amdt and super gay) if you could get away from NFA shit and not have to deal with quantity/caliber restrictions.
>>
>>31612932
.223 Win or 5.56x45 is a Evil caliber (as is 7.62x39) and it's B category even if it's a bolt action rifle.
Some gunshops sell silencers for .223 .222 and .22lr, and you take the responsibility on how you will use it.
>>
>>31612936
CZ seems to be the saving grace in EU
>>
>>31612968
Curses, I was still looking at the old law where 5,56 Nato was an evil caliber but .223 remington wasn't.
>>
File: type100_flame.jpg (714KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
type100_flame.jpg
714KB, 1366x768px
>>31612891
what are the "revelant parts" in france?
>>
>>31610527

b-but /k/ told me it was impossible to own weapons in yurop
>>
>>31613031
for an AR, AFAIK :
upper, lower, bolt carrier, bolt, barrel
B5, means you have to ask the gubmint to have one... I want a gucci BCG for my AR but it's almost impossible to find and I don't want to do the paperwork for this.
.22lr conversions are B5 too
Magazines are another thing, you can buy up to 10 per weapon without paperwork, just present your authorization to the seller.

>>31613044
We can have preban weapons converted to semi auto only. Luxembourg armorers are great at this. There was a bunch of M16 some months ago, there are some A1 hanging around. And there is no restriction on country of provenance, so I can haz russian and chink funs
>>
>>31613064
Great infos, but your cuckness to amerifats is cringe-worthy, fellow french.
>>
>>31613096
Politics are so far away from the people it's incredible. Most people don't care because it doesn't affect their lives, and the medias are lying about nearly everything and hiding what they can't lie about.
I wish France didn't return in NATO, for UN, well, UN only bothers Americans and I still don't know why, UN is irrelevant as an armed force, they are mostly composed of african and asian forces now that NATO does operations on its own.
A neutral France still with nuclear capabilities can be interesting and if it can push us out of everyone's target lists, it will be appreciated regarding the current escalating context between USA and the rest of the world.
What you don't see is that we are cucked by Germany too, always presented as an example for economy and immigration. Mr Hollande is licking Angela's boots every time he can. I am not against cooperation with Germany, on the contrary, Germany can be a powerful ally against NATO, Russia and China.
Well on another point, are Hardened Dyneema / UHMWPE plates relevant ? I saw a test by IraqVeteran8888 on Spartan armor ones. I can have some Finnish ones.
>>
>>31613064
thank you

do you know the difference between B1, B2, and B4?
>>
>>31613258
B1 : handguns
B2 : semi auto rifles of more than 3 shots and less than 31 ex : Ruger 10/22
B4 : everything in those calibers :
7,62 x 39
5,56 x 45
5,45 x 39 Russe
12,7 x 99
14,5 x 114
ex : AK, AR
>>
>>31612925
>We don't have SBR concept
we do
>>
File: 1471636658567.jpg (578KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
1471636658567.jpg
578KB, 1000x662px
>>31617208
pls explain
the only thing I know is that longguns need to be longer then 60cm

>>31614845
thank you
>>
>>31617494
if you SBR a category C rifle (which means under 60cm) it will turn into a category B sbr-rifle
which means it will take up a slot on your license

if you SBR a category D shotgun under 90cm/45cm barrel length then it will become category A shotgun

the "no SBR shit" only applies to category B rifles which stay B if shortened under 60cm

category B shotguns turn A if cut below requirements

so yes we do have an SBR system
>>
>>31617522
well, then you are right
forgot about those deadly DB shotguns
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.