[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are telescopic batons a good self-defense melee weapon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 15

File: Без названия.jpg (4KB, 319x158px) Image search: [Google]
Без названия.jpg
4KB, 319x158px
are telescopic batons a good self-defense melee weapon?
>>
not all of them hold up quality wise
if the person you're fighting against is unarmed sure
>>
>>31604620
I witnessed one of those break a kids forearm, in middle school.
>>
>>31604620
Yes and no. I depends on the weight and length. Less than 16" and you don't have the reach or swinging force you really need. More than 21" and it starts to get really long when collapsed and is not good in close.

In general they are great. If you shoot someone they are going to the hospital and the cops are going to be looking for you. Crack someone in the upper leg with an ASP and they're hitting the ground and will be limping around for a few weeks. Chances are the cops will spend little time looking for you if looking at all. An ASP and OC spray are formidable tools in trained hands.
>>
>>31604826
tell me more, anon...
>>
File: girls are bullies.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
girls are bullies.webm
1MB, 720x404px
fists are the only weapons i need
>>
>>31604874
felt bad for him until he swung at her

scumbag should rot in jail for the rest of his life.
>>
File: girl getting knocked out.gif (70KB, 256x178px) Image search: [Google]
girl getting knocked out.gif
70KB, 256x178px
>>31604874
>>
File: pan_put.jpg (157KB, 1870x740px) Image search: [Google]
pan_put.jpg
157KB, 1870x740px
>>31604620
>are telescopic batons a good self-defense melee weapon?
Yes, they're better than any of the alternatives. You have comfort and concealability, you have reach over knives, and you don't risk blood contact.

That doesn't mean they're good for civillians though. If you can't carry a gun, in most cases you'd be better off with spray since you can just spray a cloud in front of you and the attacker(s) and get the fuck out. And most of all, batons require a lot of training to be useful whereas spray is extremely easy to use.

Picture related, my two batons and a RK mag and a round of 7.62x39 for scale.
>>
>>31604914
This is bait
>>
>>31604947
Nah, I actually believe that cuck should be in jail.

Sorry if my opinion triggers your nu-male attitude.
>>
>>31604942
>spray is extremely easy to use.

Yet people still manage to spray themselves all the time.
>>
>>31604874
equal rights,equal fights
>>
>>31604980
With spray you only need to know a couple of simple things, back off when you spray and point the nozzle at the target. That's really it.

Compare it to batons which require a lot of physical training to get the technique right.

People are idiots, that much is certain, but think about how well the retards who manage to spray themselves would have fared with a baton instead.
>>
>>31604980
I got sprayed, a few times.

https://youtu.be/5Vr3zoAEbVE?t=12s
>>
>>31604966
>Nah, I actually believe that cuck should be in jail.

Why?
>>
File: Da Phuc.jpg (14KB, 552x539px) Image search: [Google]
Da Phuc.jpg
14KB, 552x539px
>>31605021
Why not? He assaulted a chick, punched her until she was on the ground, are you retarded?
>>
>>31605078
After she did the same to him for minutes. She deserved 100% of what she got.
>>
File: IMG_3500.jpg (120KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3500.jpg
120KB, 640x446px
>>31604966
>you either get the shit beat out of you and get called a Pusey for getting beat up by a girl
Or
>defend yourself, your masculinity, possibly your life but go to jail and be called a pussy for hitting a girl, but it makes /b/ fags praise you

There's no inbetween
>>
>>31605078
Just so you know, I'm not familiar with any state statute that defines an assault by sex. If you watch that video, she kicked, shoved, or struck him 20 times. After he stopped her attack he walked away. In every state with the castle doctrine, his use of force is 100% justified. Aggressive bitch got what she deserved and should be charged for her assault
>>
>>31605088
>After she did the same to him for minutes.
She slapped him, baby slaps, there's no way that would have hurt him. Women are weaker, men are stronger, he decked the shit out of her and possibly even gave her stitches.

You have to be some other kind of millennial-age cuck to think that a man can hit a woman like that and go un-punished legally. Kids like you drive me up the wall.

If I were there I would have broke the fucker's neck, see how big he feels when someone his size picks a fight.
>>
>>31605078
>Woman hits man
That's fine

>Man hits woman
He belongs in jail

I think we all know who the "nu-male" is. Goddamn liberals with their retarded buzz words.
>>
>>31605088
Yes, she did. But that guy is retarded. A few facts:
>the courts will crucify him
>he stupidly stood there and took it
>he pursued her after the first punch, making this no longer self defense
>>
>>31605102
>>you either get the shit beat out of you and get called a Pusey for getting beat up by a girl
fuck off he wasnt even fased by her punches, are you retarded? probably barely left a mark on him.

>>31605119
>She should be charged for assault
>even though shes the one who got fucked up by a guy twice her size
1. You're retarded
2. See how that holds up in court, no judge in his right mind would let a woman with a black eye go to jail for "assault" fuck off.
>>
>>31605124
>She slapped him, baby slaps, there's no way that would have hurt him.
Slapped, hit, and kicked. She put all her force into the blows, it's just that she was incompetent as fuck.
>Women are weaker, men are stronger, he decked the shit out of her and possibly even gave her stitches.
Yes, generally that's true. That's why women should not seek fights.
>You have to be some other kind of millennial-age cuck to think that a man can hit a woman like that and go un-punished legally. Kids like you drive me up the wall.
This is not about what the courts say. The justice system is not just.
>If I were there I would have broke the fucker's neck, see how big he feels when someone his size picks a fight.
Picks a fight? PICKS it? She initiated it. Her fault.

I know it's a weird concept, but if you don't want to be hit, don't start fights.
>>
>>31605155
>See how that holds up in court,
It holds up all the time. It's not really up to a judge, it's up to a jury. You don't seem to know anything about the criminal justice system.
>>
>>31605126
>Goddamn liberals
I've voted republican all of my life

read this
>>31605131
so you can realize how stupid you are, nu-male
>>
>>31605124
>Being so desperate for pussy that you white knight this hard on a mongolian throat singing board.
>>
>>31604966
>cuck
>isnt just taking it like an actual beta cuck would
(you) just take it
>>
>>31605124
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3r_IZOgJlQ

I guess this guy was right to have let his ex cut his face up and would have been in the wrong to defend himself.

Fuck off.
>>
now this is how you derail a thread
>>
Threads like these (i.e. basically all of them where retards get baited into having retarded arguments) are why people keep coming here specifically to b8. If you jackasses would stop being so fucking pants-on-head and responding vehemently to every b8 poster, we might actually be able to have a halfway decent discussion for once.

>>31604620
Yes, they are, but as another anon said, you need to know how to use them. It's not going to do much good if you limp wrist it, or you're not able to keep your opponent from trapping your striking hand and/or taking it from you. Gotta follow through.
>>
>>31605178
So you agree that she deserved it?

What the courts deem just, is not always just. You're appealing to authority, and it's not a good argument.
>>
>>31604620
Yes for the effectiveness of it as a weapon.

No as for how the law perceives the use of one.
>if you mace someone, the law sees it as self defense as you were defending yourself by just means while attempting to get distance from the attacker
>if you taser someone you were using just means to stop the attacker and get distance
>if you shoot someone you were using jsut means to defend yourself and to get distance from the attacker
>if you beat the shit out of someone with a baton, you were intentionally keeping yourself in harms way to stop the attacker through brutality and pain until he stops

The difference is that you are intentionally keeping yourself around to hurt him some more, while the rest is going to stop him from a distance, or killing him painlessly.
>>
>>31605230
He's still more of a man than you, because he doesn't believe in hitting women.

He even took the tool away from her, your pussy beta ass probably would have just shot her, then it's on your record forever.

>Fuck off.
Did I hurt your fee-fees? Aww let mama tell you how big and strong you are.

fucking low-test millenials
>>
>>31605285
You're going in circles.

Do you think that a weaker person should be allowed to use physical violence on someone stronger?
>>
>>31605253
>You're appealing to authority, and it's not a good argument.

I'm sure that's a great argument in front of the cops.

>We're taking you in, you killed a woman that's against the law of the US
"well you see officer that's an appeal to authority *snort* thats not a coherent argument you're making"
>get in the car or we'll shoot you
"That's an appeal to violence uh uh uh"

Fucking cancer.
>>
>>31605300
>person

You didn't have a decent male role model growing up did you? Did anyone ever teach you how to treat women? How to fucking throw a baseball?

This is a mix of pathetic and sad.
>>
>>31605285
>Projecting this hard

It's okay, pajama boy. Sip some cocoa and then play with your wife's son.

Dude faces a potentially lethal threat and you say that he was right not to defend himself. So much of a pussy you'd let a woman kill you.

Nice memes, bro.
>>
>>31605325
Are you saying that women aren't people?
>>
>>31605311
So the cops going to someone's house for an illegal assault weppin, shooting their dog, and throwing the guy in a federal prison for a decade is completely just because the judge said so?
>>
File: 1454275188012.jpg (6KB, 223x251px) Image search: [Google]
1454275188012.jpg
6KB, 223x251px
>>31605311
Usually if people have lost an argument, they stop posting, but not you. Good on you.
>>
File: (you).gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>31605331
>Dude faces a potentially lethal threat
slaps to the cheek from someone with the strength of a limp noodle is a threat?

How fucking beta do you have to be to consider that a threat to your life?

top fucking kek/10 have a (you)
>>
>>31605387
I was talking about the dude facing off against his ex with garden shears. But I suppose not letting yourself get sliced up is unmanly.
>>
>>31605334
(you)
>>31605354
That's why he's a judge and you aren't. If you knew more about the law you'd have his job, but you don't do you? Because it definitely shows.

>>31605384
>implying you had an argument to begin with
Don't know what thread you're in pal.
>>
>>31605421
>Being this cucked by the government

You're one of those "I'm all for freedom unless it's against the law" types, aren't you?
>>
File: K to the rescue.gif (1MB, 253x152px) Image search: [Google]
K to the rescue.gif
1MB, 253x152px
>>31604942
>Civilians
I sure hope that you're active or former military,bandying words like that about,and not just CIVILIAN law enforcement.
>>31604980
Gif is for you.
>>
>>31605421
>That's why he's a judge and you aren't. If you knew more about the law you'd have his job, but you don't do you? Because it definitely shows.
This is about the legal system being just. Do you think it's justice when someone has his dog shot and gets thrown in jail for having an illegal assault weppin in a place such as california?
>>
>>31605334
i am - have you been around them for longer then ten minutes without the intent to fuck them?
>>
>>31605444
By civillian I meant anyone not in uniform. The batons are often used for intimidation, which isn't that useful for anyone not in a position of authority.
>>
>>31605447
That's a fair point, so let's compare a woman to a wild animal.

If a wild dog attacks you, should you just stay there and let it bite you even if it's a small breed?
>>
>>31605421
I know you're baiting, and hard, but im actually enjoying arguing with you.

If you're the guy that made the first post, you said the dude deserved to rot in jail for the rest of his life because he hit that women. But you then changed your argument to "whatever the courts say is right". There is no effective way to argue against you on that, because you are set on your wrong beliefs.

And yes, you lost the argument, because you stopped providing counterpoints and started with the personal insults.
>>
>>31605473
I would disagree. Anyone knowing what it is will have a level of intimidation. It may not stop what's coming,but anything other than a wild animal or someone out of their head is going to acknowledge it.
>>
File: rekt.jpg (8KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.jpg
8KB, 306x306px
>>31605490
>>
>>31605531
Maybe, but the situation is likely a lot different when a person in uniform is trying to force the suspect to comply and a civillian defending one's life. Intimidation works a lot better in the former case, I feel.

Also batons are better employed in pairs.
>>
>>31605490
uh, no?

>>31605536
are you a samefag or 14?
>>
>>31605727
Not samefag. Nor am I 14. Your argumentation, however, leads me to believe that you may as well be a 14 year old.
>>
>>31605727
>uh, no?
Well there we have it then.
>>
>>31605761
idunno little guy

i smell BOY on you
>>
>>31605892
Okay.
>>
File: 1475100423540.jpg (29KB, 460x356px) Image search: [Google]
1475100423540.jpg
29KB, 460x356px
>>31605938
don't "Okay" me, boy. i'm your new dad now. why are you posting on a board about things you're not old enough to own? do you wish to live your deep dark fantasies online?
>>
>>31605998
My mommy told me not to talk to strangers online.
>>
Only fighting stick worth a shit is a quarterstaff or comparable staff weapon. Anything less than a heavy walking stick isn't even worth talking about.

Batons are tools of coercion, intimidation, crowd control via pain. Would not trust one with my life.
>>
Delivery boy here.

I carry one with me on the job. Have drawn it 4 times, never hit anybody.

Most people seeking to rob you or fight you are unarmed or armed with a knife. Your baton will most likely out reach them and even the dumbest nigger knows reach means a lot.

Practice using it with a friend. Keep the tip resting on your shoulder, hold in your primary hand. Stance your feet and body like your fist fighting. Feint and guide incoming strikes away with your off hand. When oppertune grab their rist and pull towards same side (their left arm to your left side, so their shoulder is facing you) and proceed to beat the shit out of them.
>>
>>31604620
>oh boy another "gimmicky self defense" thread
>nope it's whiteknight faggot getting (you)s
day/k/are fucking sucks
>>
>>31606078

Well a pickaxe handle is a really good alternative.

Thatll break a bone really easy.

Also a bokken.
>>
>>31605178
Have to be 18 to vote, anon.
>>
>>31606089
hrrmmm.... you talk about reach, but then you recommend using it within grappling (read knife stabby stabby) distance...
>>
>>31604874
That had to have been a "you fucked my mother?" tier fight that ended with "I fucked your dad"
>>
>>31606238
Tbh the advantage is really the fear of the reach. It creates a threat zone.

In my practicing something that would happen a lot is the baton is grabbed while doing a long swing. If they're dumb enough to enter the threat zone it's better to make effective strikes against the back than random ones on the arm and leg.

Your average drunk or nig can be kept range but anybody competent won't be deterred by timed flails.

Prepare for the worst and all that.
>>
>>31604620
Only if you have the arm strength to back it up
>>
>>31604826
I broke some kids arm with one of those in middle school.
>>
>>31604620
Aim for the head and you're set
>>
>>31604966
Why should he be in jail? Honestly. All this crying for equality but women should be able to just wail on you and you can't do anything about it? You probably have never had contact with a woman but grown ass women can hit hard too. She hit him like a dozen times, she got what was coming to her
>>
My ASP baton never wants to collapse.

You hit one Iraqi with it and it was never the same.
>>
>>31609702
>and you can't do anything about it?
If a child was hitting you, would you take a swing at them?
>>
>>31605261
>killing him painlessly
I guess you've never shot something. Shit doesn't always just drop and go out like a light like those movies you watch with Tom
Cruise. Bullets hurt.
>>
File: 1468957590836.png (25KB, 750x743px) Image search: [Google]
1468957590836.png
25KB, 750x743px
>>31609780
>implying women are as weak as children
>implying women can't be held responsible for their actions, like children
>implying women lack the intelligence to show restraint, like children

Oh....I get it now. You're one of those "red pill" types.
>>
>>31609878
Physically, they are.

Of course they should be accountable for their actions though. Just don't start swinging at them.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.