[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Veteran nostalgia thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_5049.jpg (23KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5049.jpg
23KB, 236x236px
What are some of the small things you miss about being in the military? I miss the haircuts. For whatever reason civialian barbers can't wrap their brains around the concept of a 'fade'. I can explain using the number system and even show them a picture and they'll still fuck it up and then overcharge.
>>
>>31603392
Stop getting bad haircuts, that shit isn't required anymore you motofag.
>>
Having people around. Not like i'm suddenly alone or anything, but i've just noticed after the last few years that I really, really miss just having a bunch of friends of the same age and in the same situation to just do shit with. Now I have to schedule stuff two or three weeks in advance to work around wives and kids when I used to be able to just withdraw a wedge of cash, wrangle a dozen fuck-ups, and get blasted.
>>
>>31603392
I'd recommend a black barber but most of them aren't used to white hair.
>>
>>31603406
Fpbp. What do you quote regulations about high and tights? Fucking boot.
>>
File: 1470518080394.jpg (32KB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
1470518080394.jpg
32KB, 189x189px
>>31603392
Tfw still in but only have about 15 months on my contract and soon I have to decide whenever or not to stay in.
>>
>>31603392
Things i know ill miss.
>the smoker circle at work
>the dark humor
>having a ready group of people who can and will drop everything to help each other at a moments notice.
>>
File: 1462773077693.jpg (16KB, 293x323px) Image search: [Google]
1462773077693.jpg
16KB, 293x323px
>>31603392
>2016
>not getting a 0 - 1 buzz
It's almost like you want to look like a faggot nu-male hipster.
>>
just the overall military culture is different
>>
>>31603447
I'd say that if you know what you want to do or have a solid plan like college or a job lined up then get out. If you don't know what you want to do and don't have a plan but just want to get out to get away from the bullshit then that is understandable but you should seriously consider staying in for maybe one more round. I've seen a lot of good guys who wanted nothing more than to get out and ended scrambling to make ends meet because they didn't have a plan.
>>
>>31603406
The medium reg is a solid look even after EAS
>>
>>31603502
>Things unemployable veterans say
>>
>>31603466

Ayyy, my man.

No guard is where it's at.
>>
>>31603421

This, absolutely this.
>>
>>31603421
Truth, could always find a group of guys to go grab a beer somewhere any day of the week.
>>
File: 1462863643926.jpg (110KB, 592x887px) Image search: [Google]
1462863643926.jpg
110KB, 592x887px
>people out of the military give absolutely 0 shits about attempting to believe anyone is living in the world besides them
>mouth off their shitty opinions that they learned from what is parroted by the celebrity du jour
>it's like the entire population is made up of that one asshole who would throw you under the bus for a chance to brown nose and get noticed
>NO ONE MAKES EYE CONTACT WITH YOU WHEN THEY SAY SHIT THAT MIGHT MAKE YOU ANGRY OR BITCH ABOUT YOU

miss all the opposites of those. Also for all the bitching done about it, DFAC (chow hall) breakfast was always awesome.
>>
>>31603542
>be me
>still get the high fade, keep it long on top like I always did
>cannot get a part time job in this shithole college town to save my life, everyone says I'm "overqualified" or wants to pay 36 nickels an hour

will letting my hair grow out save me mister? pls help
>>
No one slaps my ass anymore
>>
>>31603625
>36 nickles
>not saying 2 shekels
>>
File: IMG_5051.jpg (302KB, 954x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5051.jpg
302KB, 954x639px
>>31603542
Better than sporting a beard and oakley's while having a different Grunt Style shirt for each day of the week
>>
>>31603392
Colors of course
every.fucking.time
>>
>>31603627
This.

I'm never getting out without being RCP'd Chaptered, Med Boarded.

I'd get fired in an assbeat in the civilian sector.
>>
>>31603635
Yes, this version of EASyndrome is much worse, it doesn't make reg haircuts any less shitty or any less of an identifier for some dude who's fighting the urge to tell me about how they did things in the Corps when I'm trying to tell him whether or not I wanted fries with that (in the Corps, they wanted fries with that).
>>
>>31603625
>will letting my hair grow out save me mister? pls help

Probably. Especially in
>shithole college town
Adapt to your surroundings and the prevailing culture.
>>
Walking around at night in full kit under nods and tripping over tilled fields over seas was great

Ultimately it's the same answer as >>31603421
>>
>>31603423
This. You'd be surprised how well they can cut a white man's hair. Probably because it's similar to hispanics and other straight-haired minorities that go there.
>>
>>31603406

non-milfag here but once you've gotten used to really short haircuts, having your hair any longer feels messy, uncomfortable, and makes you hot (as in temperature) as fuck.
>>
>>31603406
medium/low fades are acceptable and look really good. especially with this whole fashion push from the recent years with faggy city dwellers rocking beards and hitler youth haircuts
>>
I miss the Sunday night barber in the barracks. We all had one, he was either Mexican or black, and it was about 9 o'clock at night. You spent the whole 48 hours getting, and you forgot to get a haircut. So you're standing in line at someone's door with about 10 bucks in your hand to get one of the best haircuts on base.

Also Monday runs. Nothing felt better than puking up all that terrible stuff you ate on Monday morning on the 10 mile run
>>
My old barber had the military trimmers with the vacuum attached so you could get your hair cut at lunch and not be covered in hair when you went back to work... Then he decided to go back to business school and all the other barbers in town suck ass... Haven't had a good haircut in 5 years...
>>
>>31603421

it happens when you get older in the military too. a lot of other people call that time period "college". only they didn't get to play with guns and a paycheck too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0_qzlk5Bjs

veterans are pretty embarrassing
>>
Wow. Here I am on /k/ in a military nostalgia thread, amd fucking guns haven't been mentioned once. You fucking POGs. Know what I miss? Shooting the M2, 240B, and Mk 19. Goddamn, I love machine guns.
>>
>>31603392
Is that you OP? Look at that long hair of yours. You look like a hippie.

Go find a local barber shop with a bunch of white-haired old white men working there, and ask for a "high and tight".
>>
>>31603631
>shekels
/pol/ get out
>>
>>31603392
Yes, because I thoroughly enjoued getting scalped (literally) every Saturday for ten bucks a pop by either a fresh off the boat korean lady or an illiterate old black guy who gave up on life 30 years ago.
>>
>>31604194
Yeah. Nobody is asking me to set up claymores, demo landing zones, or breach obstacles with high explosive either :(
>>
>>31603994
>10 mile run

Who/what branch does this, and is it a standard practice?
>>
>>31603392
You should find an actual barbershop and not a "salon" or great clips. People who train to be specifically barbers get really good with clippers, and people who train to work in salons get good with scissors for cutting women's hair. It's not even that expensive either. My local "old timey" barber costs like 12 bucks for a cut. More hip, upscale ones can be like 20+ though.
>>
>>31604211
>getting high and tights

If there was ever a haircut for tryhards and faggots, it's the high and tight. Medium fade or you're legitimately a douche with no life.
>>
>>31603994
>eating before Monday PT

Unless you're counting the drunk munchies at 2am, please tell me nobody actually had Monday PT late enough in the morning to have been able to eat before it.

Cuz my Monday PT started at 0500 (unless someone fucked up over the weekend, then 0330) and literally nothing was open.
>why did your PT start so early anon?
Because we usually did a ~5 mile run and the low ropes course, and it was the only way to be done by 0800 so people could shower and eat before 0845 formation for motor stables.
>>
>>31604274
It was probably only 3-5 miles
>>
>>31604274
Army, pretty much any line company does it at least once a month and 18th abn corps does it more frequently.
>>
>>31604274
A mp company with a 45 year old 1st sergeant that likes running
>>
>>31604301
There's a big difference between a barbershop and a salon, you're right.

I was going to get my haircut at a barbershop recently, but because all they really do are high and tights and buzzcuts is why I left before it was my turn.

All the guys there were getting basic ass buzzcuts and old school marine looking white guy flat tops, so I'd recommend a place like that if that's what you're in to.
>>
File: fuck-.jpg (29KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-.jpg
29KB, 624x351px
>>31603392
rose tinted glasses, there was something that you and other like-minded vets disliked heavily that kept us from staying.

Just move on, your military buddies have probably moved on with or without you too.
>>
File: 1470275040913.png (647KB, 799x810px) Image search: [Google]
1470275040913.png
647KB, 799x810px
I miss the organized choas, the fact that if someting happened it couldn't be weaseled out of (easily). Like trying to not get in trouble because you got a sunburn (self inflicted wound).
>>
>>31604274
It's not standard. But if your platoon Sgt or squad leader gets a wild hair up their ass, it happens. After so long you get runners stride and can run forever.

>>31604323
We didn't start until 0600 or 0630 unless for specific training. But yeah, no one PT's after they eat unless it's some serious pog rainbow gear shit. PT then go eat a giant ass breakfast burrito if in garrison. I miss those chow hall breakfast burritos.
>>
>>31604323
>stop drinking and eating pizza hut

HA! Good one
>>
>>31603635
makes me fucking cringe
>>
>>31604309
You need a certain build and face shape to pull off certain haircuts. Even buzzcuts aren't for everyone: people like me look fucking dumb and wrong with hair that short.
>>
your going to the wrong barber. go to a black barber
>>
>>31604301

You'd be surprised with "salons" sometimes. The owner of the near me cuts my hair for 20 bucks and she is probably the most talented person Ive ever had cut my hair. Even will do a line-up on my beard and can do a fade better than any non-black barber shop I've been to.
>>
>>31603392
I was never military. Lived just outside of Ft Hood for a few years and most of my friends are military. Honestly after being around almost exclusively milfags from childhood, I can't stand much else. Never wanted to go mil after the age of 16ish but I fucking love the people.
>>
I miss our barracks barbeques. Every Sunday we'd buy a bunch of meat and grill it in this paved spot behind our barracks. We'd all get trashed and I'd bring my skateboard. Everyone would ask to use it and I'd say yes because 9/10 they'd fall on their ass and it was hilarious. There's still beer stains on it.
>>
>>31604448
>surprised with "salons"

Absolutely. Been afraid to get my haircut in my new city, and already had a horrible haircut once, but went to a salon next to a college and got one of the best haircuts of my life. They even gave me a shoulder and scalp massage.
>>
My time in has been the loneliest time of my life.
But I grew the fuck up and saw the worst of human nature.
Sometimes the best, because of travelling that's all i can say about that.
worst of times because most days are just mind numbing and the anticlimatic build up as a boot. the absolutely worst was in the times of promotions and boards etc, it was such a toxic environment.
And that is when people showed their true colors.
So I refused to get involved with the gossip and office politics and kept my head down.
I am free when I hear nothing of that nature or when the day is over. so i can do my own activities and agendas.. riding my bike, the gym, shooting range. things like that.
>>
File: IMG_4584.jpg (175KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4584.jpg
175KB, 750x1334px
I was never in the military but I agree with OP. I went to get a high and tight two weeks ago and the woman butchered my hair, I had to buzz my head to a 2 to reset it. Pic related.
>>
>>31604529
Sweet mother Mary is that fucked.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1475473279266.jpg (28KB, 480x481px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1475473279266.jpg
28KB, 480x481px
Nobody batted an eye at language that would have you fired in a heartbeat.

It was a lot easier to talk to people. You could relate to some stranger you met through a buddy drinking on the catwalk. People understood me and I understood them. I feel like I just can't talk to civilians.

The camaraderie was awesome.

The amount of shit that I don't miss is insane, though.
>>
>>31604529
never get a high and tight
>>
>>31604494

Going to a salon is amazing when you're a dude. They're always happy to see you because you're a break from the picky basic bitches they have to spend two hours on at a time every day. I get a simple undercut/fade/edgeup and I'm in and out in less than 30 minutes.
>>
>>31604547
Absolutely. I 100% agree. Other soldiers would be so forward with me that I was initially put off by it, but I grew to love it.
>>
>>31604547
>Nobody batted an eye at language
Unless you were a POG or an airfag POG
>>
>>31604251
Look at who was the unwanted faggot that complained to MEO whenever he was called a faggot for being a faggot.
>>
>>31603466
>not a #3
It's like you enjoy having a sunburned head.
>>
>>31604397
>meetbob.jpg
>>
>>31604194
I was in the navy and range time was great, not only because of getting to shoot but because of how god-aweful of a shot everyone else was. We would get qual'd with the M9 at 15 yards out on our destroyer's flight deck and there were no shit bullet marks on the steel deck. How the fuck are you so shooting-inept that you not only completely miss a human sized target from 15 yards but miss it by such a large margin that you hit the fucking ground? Hooyah navy
>>
The camradrie. I mean, most of the time even when you didnt like eachother all that much you atleast had a good understanding of eachother.

Its compared to family for a reason. Very rare in life that you get to know a group of people so well.

Then you all EAS, PCS, and before you know it you are out on your own, and if you wanna talk, and I mean REALLY talk, not just idle chatter, you suddenly realize that nobody gives a fuck. Even if they do (or atleast do a good job of pretending to) they dont "get it" like somebody in your old squad or section would.

Not trying to be depressing, you learn how to live as an individual instead of a unit eventually, but you get to missing it sometimes.
>>
im still in and i have 6 more years to go.

but i will miss every single fucker of my platoon. and what ive read in this thread it seems like the life as a civilan isnt that much fun. i havent experienced anything else than military in my life. after school i joined so im kinda scared. how is it "out there"?
>>
>>31603392
Barbers on base can't cut hair for shit, and that includes fades.
>>
i miss being able to be myself, basically. i'm a fucking weirdo and a massive asshole. everyone i meet in the civilian sector is a tenderfoot, assblasted fist fucker just looking for something to be offended by. i miss being able to talk shit all day every day and have it always be good natured. i miss getting shot at. i don't necessarily miss getting blown up that much or dealing with the results of others getting blown up, but i'd do it. i miss rolling my sleeves up in opium fields and smoking hash cigarettes with the ANA. i miss always having a loaded gun with me everywhere i go.

civilian life just doesn't compare, and never will. you never know what you've got until it's gone
>>
>>31604323
>breakfast? Wtf is that?

Every month there would be this big deal in battalion about how if we arent on com rats we need to be given time to eat.

Never ended up anywhere, no matter who got screamed at for not letting the marines eat regular meals your ass was still going to be at PT, the Motor pool, or the armory.

The most frustrating was when you were sitting around not doing jack shit, hungry, but nobody would just let you cease not doing jack shit and go eat.

Every now and then some NCO would try, then get his ass handed to him by some gunny or LT for not asking permission.

Then youd actually bother to ask permission next time and be told to fuck off.

I really enjoy not having to ask for permission to feed myself as a grown man. The few things I miss are FAR outweighed by a million petty grievances of that nature.
>>
>>31605360

your first mistake was thinking that the military thinks of junior enlisted as barely more than children.

your second mistake is thinking that as a junior enlisted you are barely more than a child.
>>
>>31605385
what? this is exactly how the military sees junior enlisted.
>>
>>31605274
As good or as bad as you make it.

If you pull some bullshit where you take a pist-service honeymoon, end up not doing anything until your funds run out, then get a minimum wage job and live in a run down cracker-box then yeah, your going to be that bitter vet.

If you hit the ground running and keep your momentum up and actually do something with your life you will be glad you served, and glad you are free.

Protip: you will NEVER fuction as a civvie while drinking like you did in the service. In the real world its called alcoholism, and its considered an antisocial behavior.
>>
i miss all the fag bois from the navy.
>>
>>31605406
i'm hungover on TDY. you know what i mean.

19 year old E2/E3 in the military = "buy a Camaro at 400% markup and a 50% interest rate and marry a stripper while getting into a bar fight, before getting high on spice, and wrapping the Camaro around a pole when she divorces you and you drink a fifth of vodka in a minute"
>>
>>31605510
don't forget the bath salts.
>>
>>31605410
>If you hit the ground running and keep your momentum up and actually do something with your life you will be glad you served, and glad you are free.

good advice. will use it.

>In the real world its called alcoholism, and its considered an antisocial behavior.

well now that you are saying it, it sounds like drinking during the week is a bad thing.
>>
>>31603614
Yeah right?

I miss being able to just have an honest to goodness fight with somebody over some stupid shit.

You both get your anger out, other enlisted will jump in if it gets too rough, otherwise you just fuckin settle it and move on and forget about it almost as soon as its over.

I totally fogot how thin skinned and grudging civvies are. You yell at somebody on the outside they get ultra butt hurt, then spend the next 18 months lurking around behind your back trying to throw you under the bus just because you called them a stupid cunt on one occaision.

You gotta coddle civvie coworkers and subordinates, worry about their feelings, and keep your seething anger to yourself when they ignore you anyways.

>1st week on civvie job at gym
>guy is always dressed like trash
>makes patrons uncomfortable when their trainer looks like a hobo
>tell him to quit showing up to work like he's living on the streets
> somehow thats racist, get repremanded
>guy was white, I got no fucking idea how that fuckin shit works or WTF racist even is anymore
>>
>>31603392
Find a barber shop where Cholos get their hair cut. They'll get that shit right every time.

>>31603421
^This. And the gloriously fucked up PT that happened the next morning.
>>
File: IMG_2558.png (171KB, 680x932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2558.png
171KB, 680x932px
>>31603421
Man you really hit how I've been feeling lately. I DIDN'T WANT TO FEEL RIGHT NOW
>>
>>31604565
This.
>>
>>31604397
I keep doing this too. I'll think about the good times and miss it, then realize me and everyone around me only laughed to keep from crying because garrison is so fuckin gay. Them rose tinted glasses get you though.
>>
>>31604309
the marine corps you can be hazed if you dont get high and tights, they forced us to wear them until we deployed to symbolize we're boots. Now im an edgy faggot who thinks marines are losers and doesnt care about the ones who died. I make a lot of money working the government now, we're so incompetent.
>>
>>31603421
Ring-a-ding.
>>
>>31603447
ONLY LEAVE IF YOU HAVE A WATER PROOF PLAN.

Otherwise, stay the fuck in and build some wealth. Deal with the bullshit for another 4 years if that means you can build bank to rest easy on.
>>
>>31604551
I think he meant a medium or high fade. I've met plenty of hip city faggots that consider any type of fade a "high and tight"
>>
>>31606651
a little too dramatic. life isn't over when you EAS.

there's the option of extending your tour for like a few months or to a year in case anon needs more time to be a regular guy. Another fucking enlistment dealing with the same mundane horseshit, are you high?
>>
>>31606740
Only if you're selling me the reef I'm smoking.

That being said, I emphasize that most people who don't have a plan when they get out either end back up in the military, or they end up collecting VA checks while trying to scrape a living going to college on the G.I. Bill, without much thought into what career they want.
>>
>>31603392
What if idk, you went to a black barber. You know, the ones that do fades constantly. Or get a real haircut and move on. You probably don't wear issue boots anymore so why be the guy that wears his company hoodie and kia bracelet to every event for the next decade
>>
>>31604547
>I feel like I just can't talk to civilians.
Got some news for ya friend. See how everything else you wrote was past tense?
>>
>>31606864

Confirmed for never having deployed.
>>
>>31605637
>I totally fogot how thin skinned and grudging civvies are. You yell at somebody on the outside they get ultra butt hurt, then spend the next 18 months lurking around behind your back trying to throw you under the bus just because you called them a stupid cunt on one occaision.

Yeah that's not being thin skinned anon.
>>
>>31607199
Never claimed to.
Just had a shitload of exposure to it including the fights, the drinking, the destroyed relationships, the welfare mooching, paying bail, and otherwise playing baby sitter to a person that needs help while shitting all over every bit of help offered to them. Best friends with the quintessential troubled vet for a long time.

Also made friends with some great ones.
>>
>>31603392
What the fuck are you talking about, civilian barbers are the only ones who can do a fade correctly m8.. ffs
>>
>>31607241
Yeah it really is, don't be a bitch.
>>
I had a friend who became an nco, who many of the Joe's thought He was an asshole, a back stabbing motherfucker.
But he knew his job.
But God damnit, when he had spouse troubles, I invited him to my home and we had drinks.
And he returned the favor when my ex was a bitch.

I miss guys who were able to seperate work from home, who at a moments notice would be there for you.

Miss it most today, as the VA just diagnosed me with cancer.
>>
>>31605637
>I don't even know what racist is any more
"Thing/concept/person/place I don't like/don't understand/makes me uncomfortable"
Welcome to a world run by millennials.
>>
>>31608568
Yeah.

And I remember referring to my driver as "the nigger" and he called me white boi and we used to go get blasted together and make everyone uncomfortable by talking like that.

Its pretty good comradrie when a black kid from the hoods of detroit and a white fella from the mountains of montana get along well enough for racial slurs to become silly nicknames.
>>
>>31603392
The coffee at RTC Great Lakes.
>>
>>31603421
I understand that feeling. Kinda.

College kid, for various reasons I'm taking an extra year, and commuting from home rather than living on campus. Rather suddenly going from having my five best friends all living within a one minute walk of each other to being at home and all my friends are moved off to different cities.

Not really lonely but going from seeing these people every day to now maybe talking to them on the phone or skype once a week.
>>
>>31603823
My hair actually wicks heat away from my head, and it also absorbs sweat.
>>
File: 1453867305771.jpg (381KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1453867305771.jpg
381KB, 1000x750px
>>31603447
>I've seen a lot of good guys who wanted nothing more than to get out and ended scrambling to make ends meet because they didn't have a plan.
>tfw
>>
>>31607241

sometimes you need to tell somebody to their face that they're wrong and they need to fix themselves.
>>
>>31604529
teaches you to get a haircut from a blind alzheimers patient during an earthquake
>>
Honestly the high and tight is DAMN close to what is 'in style' for most white males wanting to look good and clean cut, and I havn't met more than one or two barbers who can't figure it out
>>
>>31609030
>And I remember referring to my driver as "the nigger"

he drove a stolen tank?
>>
I miss deployment. I hated being stateside but I loved being at war. I felt free. I couldn't stand the bullshit I dealt with in garrison though.
>>
>>31612022
Get a high fade then. Just grow the top a little longer so you don't look like some Ranger Up wearing motofag.
>>
>>31613988
This!
You can do shit thats just insane on a good combat deployment.

Im not trying to be edgy, but there has been times in civvie life where I thought to myself
"I really hate that fucker. If this was afghanistan I bet I could find an excuse to burn his house down."
>>
>>31603392
Probably dosnt belong here but, I'm thinking of joining the air force, then study aviation in collage and becoming a pilot. Is that possible, or would it be easier to do flight school?
>>
>>31614231
Do you have a degree already?
Keep in mind my advice is a few years old , and im a former marine grunt, not airforce, but heres what I know.

The EASIEST way is the army's warrant officer flight program. With an associates degree or better you can sign on to this program, go to basic, go to warrant officer school, then go to flight school.

You can end up flying appaches or black hawks.

Heres the gig on military job assignment though. Just cuz you sign on for a thing doesnt mean you will end up doing it.

Its needs of the military, its not common, but it does happen where you go to all these schools, finish, and they got no spaces open.

So they assign you somewhere else, usually arbitrarily without much choice on your part.

In other words you can finish officer school, they dont need any more pilots, and you find yourself as an LT in charge of a supply warehouse or an admin office.

Again, rare, but it CAN happen.

Also, there is a glut of military pilots leaving the service, if you DO have a lock on becoming a military pilot go for it.
Civvie flight school is retarded expensive and at the end of it you will be interviewing as a rookie pilot with a few hundred hours in commercial craft against ex military guys with thousands of hours in flashy military craft and maybe even combat experience.

Its a lot easier to get a commercial pilot job as a military veteran pilot, and you dont spend half a million to get the training and flight time.
>>
>>31614346
I do not have a degree and flight school is way too expensive at the moment
>>
>>31614403
Also i'd like to fly jets not helicopters
>>
>>31603447
Just stay in.

My platoon sgt. said "you're all excited to get out now, but wait a couple of years. You'll have a kid, realize that civilian life sucks and you'll want back in."

Asshole was right.
>>
>>31603423
>but most of them aren't used to white hair

Doesn't matter. If you ask for a fade, especially if you're reasonably tight on top, they can do it. They're probably the only ones, too.
>>
>>31614426
You need a bachelors to fly fixed wing.

Gotta be an officer.
>>
>>31614346
Dumb fucking Jarhead. You don't go from Warrant to officer ranks unless you opt for OCS.
>>
>>31603392
Go to a fade shop. I have difficult hair for a honky, multiple calics and such, but I've been going to fade shops for 6 years and every time it looks perfect.

They'll remember you for being one of their few white customers and if you tip well it will pay off in getting little extras like then doing neckline with the straight edge etc.
>>
I don't miss much about my time in the army.
During my last years I was a member of a german army squad for protection of politicans, generals etc. in Afghanistan.

When the first kill happened (a sharpshooter shot a teenager with a grenade who was approaching the first bodyguards) everyone had an eye on us. Even some comrades who did nothing but sitting at a desk or patrolling and handing out candy to the afghan children didn't hide the fact that they didn't like us.
Maybe cause it showed them that our peaceful mission was not as peaceful as they thought.
It was a tense situation the next months.

We joined a war, let other nations fight it and spit on the ones who are forced to kill cause they showed us that it was still a war even though noone called it so.

Just another proof that the german army is a joke.
>>
>>31608486
>>31612004
And that's not what was entailed in the post
>>
>>31603421
This is probably the biggest thing I miss.
>you will never get drunk and piss on the sign in front of brigade again
>>
>>31614725
>Written with the burning hatred of a man descended from a noble warrior culture cucked into hyper speed progressiveism
>>
>>31603392
>For whatever reason civialian barbers can't wrap their brains around the concept of a 'fade'.
Go to a real barber then. Your best bet is to find a guy in his early 30's or younger with a face tattoo.
>>
>>31615158

We'll get our comeuppance one day.
Same with our police. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with this country.

I'm curious about how long it will take to replace the G36 and which company pays enough money for army kindergardens to win the bid.
>>
Idk I've never been in the military. Seems like a fraternity but with guns and less drama because you can just order people around.
>>
>>31605274
Hate to break it to you but those people are going to get out or get rotated to some other unit.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.