[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you select, design, and build a homestead to protect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: 2575-3[1].jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
2575-3[1].jpg
47KB, 600x450px
How would you select, design, and build a homestead to protect against incursions by groups with small arms and light armoured vehicles?
>>
Alaska

Far from a town.

In the side of a hill side, cliff, or mountain.

Hidden thermal cameras to provide early warning

Multiple hidden escape paths.
>>
As few windows as possible, sealable gunports in the walls, one main entrance with a concealed exit, many corridors or funnels and a confusing layout with many dead ends.

I should be the only person who can easily navigate the terrain.
>>
Ruby ridge
>>
Vehicles: surround perimeter with barbed wire to stop pretty much anything. Follow that with a trench/berm combo closer in, in case someone remembered the wire cutters and to provide protection from fire.

By small arms I guess that means hood nigga shit, so if you're up against glawk fawties then get a nice AR.
If you're up against ARs get a nice high powered hunting rifle. Use it from range and concealment, dig tunnels going between firing positions and use those when found out.

Apart from that, land mines literally everywhere
>>
File: Outerheavenfortress.png (187KB, 703x303px) Image search: [Google]
Outerheavenfortress.png
187KB, 703x303px
like this
>>
Can anyone recommend a good book about this topic?
>>
>>31600558
Rino Fence..

And not some crappy little bars, I mean pounding 32" pipes into the ground, filling their cavity with polycrete, and welding multiple 4" pipes between them to create the fence.

That's the outer perimeter.
>>
Step 1: Wall
Step 2: landmines
Step 3: Vietcong-like booby traps
Step 4: more landmine
Step 5: imagine WW1 no mans land but with landmines
Step 6: 1 random parrot screaming DOOOOOOOOOM
Step 7: couch for rest because I am not a monster
Step 8: sunflower fields with hookers so the virgins can lose their virginity before death
Step 9: barbwire galore
Step 10: landmines with more landmines attached
Step 11: medieval castle with me in it picking off potshots with a crossbow with a mg42 next to me just in case I run out of bolts.
>>
>>31600558
house framed with cinder block walls, filled with concrete and rebar

easy as shit nigga
>>
>>31600610
Sounds like a nightmare to live in desu
>>
File: 1465721960198.jpg (33KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1465721960198.jpg
33KB, 396x388px
>>31600897
My boy, you are brilliant!
>>
>>31600624
>Excuse me sir, can we go get a ball that went ove-

BOOM
>>
>>31600590
>escape paths.

coward
>>
File: SH-PT_18.jpg (433KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SH-PT_18.jpg
433KB, 1920x1080px
>>31601114
Only if you wake up to a muffled music box in the middle of the night.

But then that's the point now, isn't it.
>>
>>31600897
so basically Eastern Ukraine?
>>
File: Republic of Molossia.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Republic of Molossia.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Micronationalism
>>
>>31600558
> select
a place with plentiful obstacles, such as a swamp or a big old city
a place, furthermore, in which the population is by default hostile to any outsiders
so the Everglades or some south american barrio
> design
several escape routes, at least one of which a tunnel
a main site, fortified, with a secondary site/extraction zone close enough for mutual fire support and for easy digging of tunnel
if swamp, that would be a house in a hillock and a boathouse
in a city you'd have a free-standing house in a fenced yard, with a smaller-footprint but higher one across the road in a Y-shaped intersection
seismic and thermal sensors out the ass, 24/7 drone/kite/baloon video surveillance, claymores planted on approaches and escape routes, guard dogs, guard donkeys, guard geese, guard macaws, guard barrio children
> build
as little as possible
ideally you'd have a trust rent or lease an existing property, then proceed to modify it in various ways
minimize disruption to the landscape and vehicle traffic
always have a likely explanation for what you're doing. it's not a bunker for the genset, it's a new larder. you're not digging a tunnel, just putting in new drainage, not reinforcing the walls with concrete, just redoing the kitchen and the den, and that pillbox is just the new garage because you're converting the old one into a games room (hence the monitors and the shitload of cabling you brought in)
you have a 4wd and a motorbike because you like to take long drives at sunset, you have a boat because avid fisherman
the chemical protection suit is just for painting the boat and you have Zyklon B to deal with pesky mole-rats
generally speaking you're an avid gardener who uses a lot of fertilizer, a conservationist and a dog lover
>>
File: drawgirl.png (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
drawgirl.png
94KB, 500x500px
>>31600897
>>
>>31601138

He was suppose to say "tactical relocate" no one is running off.
>>
>>31600558
That is one uncomfy looking house. At least put up some windows, even small ones.
>>
>>31600558
Jersey barriers and Hesco mesh+plenty of gravel would do wonders
>>
>>31600558
Helped my buddy build 2 BBQ areas on his farmland. Conveniently the "brutalist inspired" concrete and stainless steel BBQs+workbenches:
1) Are pretty bulletproof due to purposeful overbuilding
2) Are pretty innocuous looking and works as you'd expect
3) provide cover for those defending access points, while overseen from the house

There's even what could be either be a firing slit or just an aesthetic gap in the masonry. Tanks are the tall ones and are inset under the BBQ, below ground in a stock standard culvert.

Pic is related - that same general idea of a stand alone permanent BBQ, but completely different design and materials.
>>
>>31602032

I like this. Stealthy defensive architecture. You go anon.
>>
>>31602032
I like this. Just fill your yard with BBQ grills with built-in flamethrowers.
>>
>>31601344
And this is why I always get mistaken as the smart rich white terrorist.

I swear the next time they raid my remote pottery studio because of the dangerous chemicals and manufacturing capabilities I have there which can also be used for "other illegal applications" I'm getting a lawyer. It just gotten worse since I started using legitimate Uranium glazes, but they really do bring out some vibrant color sets you can't get with outer elements and my artwork is one of the things that keeps me sane given the stuff I have to put up with as a international weapons contractor.

If they just called ahead I could give them a tour and we teach them how to throw on the wheel, the impoverish youth groups I work with love that kind of stuff.
>>
>>31600624
Barbed wire looks suspicious as shit unless its the cattle fencing type, which is useless as you need the spools to tangle.

If you're sure of your design plan, then dig your berms and run out spools of wire, barbed or not, and then plant brambles or better blackberries on it. Be sure though, because brambles and wire are a bitch to get rid of.

That way its not obviously defenses drawing attention to you, will trap vehicles thinking its just plants and drive through, still prevent travel through by foot (arguably better than barbed wire), not easily cut like concertina wire and provides food if you pick blackberries.
>>
>>31602062
You should have gotten a lawyer the first time the government raided your property. It will almost always end up cheaper to pay a lawyer than to pay the government.
Disclosure: I am an attorney.
>>
>>31602062
>international weapons contractor.
Thought you could just slip that one by eh?
>>
>>31602090
I work with logistics on transporting weapons all over the world, mostly US and Germany. Including the ones sold to the FBI. It is legal and well documented and all of our out of states sales are prompted by the government (usually an act of congress or slipped into some bill), not by me or the company. If anything I am a model citizen helping the government fulfill it congressional mandates.

Yet there are some that look at parts of my life and read a very different narrative.
Apparently I think they put things together and got something like.

>I am a gun runner for nuclear weapons training a small personal army at the local youth center for unknown reasons and making ceramic body armor to sell on the black market as a secondary income.
>>
Fill the entire house with explosives
I am in another house
>>
>>31601344
>Swamp
>Tunnels
>>
>>31602172
ever hear of a place called Vietnam, anon?
>>
>>31601138
>not booby trapping your house with hundreds of pounds of gasoline and explosives
>if you do get over run you can "tactically relocate" and push the plunger
>watch from cave in nearby hillside as your homestead goes up
>fall asleep to the sounds and screams of men being burnt alive

Who's the real coward
>>
>>31602181
no mountains in vietnam, rite?
>>
>>31602062
just be careful around that uranium oxide powder, anon
it's an alpha emitter, horrible if it gets into your lungs/gut
>>
>>31602200
lots and lots actually
but the area near Saigon where the VC used to hang out was actually mostly marshland and river valleys
>>
File: castle.jpg (36KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
castle.jpg
36KB, 500x700px
small picrelated castle in the middle

inside there are at least 50 good long rifles (ars, aks, some bolt action lee enfields and mosins, etc) thousands of rounds of ammunition.

Enough mres to last a year.
a furlong of berms, blackberry bushes, more berms, more blackberry bushes, vietcong pit traps, etc

in the middle of the blackberry berm vietcong wasteland there would be small outposts disguised as trees, with tunnels leading back to the main place. There would be no entrance to them from the outside, only shooting slits and a tunnel. Get close to the enemy and they're unaware, kill a few with machinegun and retreat to your castle

on the far outside there would be shitty swampland with ditches and pitfalls and holes everywhere

the main road to the castle would be blocked easily if you knew people were coming.
>>
>>31600558
Buy one of the old AT&T communications bunkers that they're selling off.

The above ground structure can take anything short of a nuke and it's twice as big underground. Put some solar panels on the roof to power underground hydroponics and water treatment and you could probably hole up in one of these things forever.
>>
>>31602369
> short of a nuke
umm... anon... those are blast baffles that are hanging off the sides of that bunker
>>
>>31600558
Its not compound design its designing a compound with optimal deployment of your shooters.

Once you have clear fields of fire you will want to start engineering terrain to fuck with your aggressors.

EX:
Dig a 5foot wide and 4foot deep trench all the way around your compound. Line the bottom of it with rocks for drainage then throw broken glass, shards of metal etc and fill remaining space with double lined razorwire. Surround the edge of your trench with a thin area denial bush like blackberries. This will create a ditch large enough to stop a vehicle that can not be used by a force as cover.
>>
>>31602369
As someone who has been inside these and many other blast resistant facilities I assure you that these are not designed to be resistant against persistent assault from individuals.
>>
>>31602369
>he thinks solar panels on roof tops can power hydroponics and water treatment
You'd be lucky to have light and hot water, some of the time.
>>
>>31602268
you'll die in a few weeks from shitting yourself to death and torn asshole infections.
>>
>>31601138
You won't win a siege. The object is to make your homestead as difficult and inconvenient as possible to get to. Then for you to leave it as easily as possible.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.