[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help /k/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2646.jpg (170KB, 1014x629px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2646.jpg
170KB, 1014x629px
I don't own a rifle yet. Do you guys think it's imperative to buy an ar-15 before the election? I really want to spend my money on a pocket pistol, or semi auto shotgun.

Right now my choices are.
Sig Sauer P238
Mossberg 930
M&P 15 Sport 2.

You guys have any opinions on the matter?
>>
Get a lower and a few 30 round mags. Everything else is unrestrictable.
>>
>Do you guys think it's imperative to buy an ar-15 before the election?
Bad new if don't.
If Hilary wins you will pay more than now.

Good news if wait.
But not much. It'll take an AWB or another school shooting to make the prices crazy.

Pistols and rifles like the AR15 should be top priority right now.
>>
>>31599526
Get some lowers and 30 rounds mags. The rest you can always get later for the most part.

Things like a P238 and the Mossberg you can always get later, they aren't really at risk to be banned.
>>
>>31599568
Yep, sucks being poor. Can only swing one of those at a time. A Sig would be nice, but I'm worried the AR prices are going to go through the roof in about 40 days.
>>
>>31599553
This.
Plus you'd save money by assembling the rifle yourself.
You also get to pick and choose which parts are thrown into the mix. Instead of getting an off-the-shelf generic AR, switching out parts here and there, you get exactly what you want the first time.
Best part is, that you can buy parts for it periodically. Instead of a one-off purchase of $700-$1300 AR, you can buy the parts over time and have less effect on your wallet.
>>
>>31599703
I'm in the same boat. Deciding between a pistol or rifle in the next 2 weeks.
>>
>>31599526
If you don't absolutely NEED the gun right now, buy it cheap and flip it after the old bat takes office. The price of an entry level AR is likely to go above $1500 by January and higher still once her minions in Congress propose another AWB. It's unlikely there will be significant legislation actually passed unless a terrorist rapes a school full of little kids on national TV though, since Congress will likely remain majority Republican even if Hillary wins.

Honestly you should be more worried about her attacks on the 4th amendment than the ones on the 2nd because violating peoples' civil rights has bipartisan support.
>>
>>31599757
This X 1,000,000

If you are that worried anon, buy a lower ASAP. Better yet buy 2 if you can and slowly build one and hold on to the other because if Killary wins it may turn in to an investment. Don't go all crazy either and buy some Gucci fag $250 lower. Spend maybe $100 and get ssomething decent like an Aero Precision and maybe a $50 Anderson as a backup. If you can't afford 2, at least have the one so you can start building it quickly.
>>
Sons of Liberty Gunworks.... Trust me
>>
File: 1462832166282.jpg (55KB, 434x512px) Image search: [Google]
1462832166282.jpg
55KB, 434x512px
>>31599798
> The price of an entry level AR is likely to go above $1500 by January
> t. my ass

yeah nah m8. it's virtually assured she's going to win at this point, and I just bought a Ruger AR556 from Cabela's for $580. Prices will go up, sure, but nothing like the apocalypse you're predicting
>>
>>31599773
I'm honestly leaning towards pocket pistol right now. I've tried carrying my beretta, and it feels like I have a cinder block in my waist band.
>>
>>31599798
Entry ARs will be lucky to get much above $800. So many ARs were bought in the last panics and especially with the SandyHook panic.

You're not gonna make that kind of money again UNLESS there is an AWB around the corner. And that's a big fucking maybe.
>>
>>31599867
Don't bother with a pocket pistol. The stuff like g19s is what you should get. That's what will get banned if anything.
>>
>>31599846
I have a cwp and none of that
>>
>>31599553
>>31599685
>>31599757

Do you guys know how much the transfer fees are on a lower (aka how much should I pay for an FFL transfer)? And does it matter where I buy one from, or are they all the same? And is it worth getting an 80 percent one?
>>
File: 1a5.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1a5.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>31599911
>>
>>31599920
FFL fee should be more than $25.

Brand name decides resellability.
>>
>>31599911
>>31599929

I don't think that pic is making fun of people who have CWP/CHLs. I think it's making fun of people who have them and then talk about having them all the time.

It also might be making fun of people who have all that because it's so obvious they have one, but I think it's the the "can't shut up about it" ones.
>>
File: 1458954708323.jpg (248KB, 960x845px) Image search: [Google]
1458954708323.jpg
248KB, 960x845px
>>31599920

transfer fees should be the same regardless of what type of gun you're transferring. lower is a gun under US law.

should be around $25. try to support the local guy if you can. there's usually a kitchen counter FFL that will do it, and they may even just have lowers in stock (my local kitchen counter FFL stocks Anderson lowers). use google.
>>
>>31599936
shouldn't*
>>
>>31599526
As an old timer this is what you need:

Glock, AR15 and AK/AKM 30 round magazines.

AR lower with collapsible stock, same thing for AK/AKM

Mil spec ANYTHING, NOTHING IS SAFE.

Got a bayonet lug on that barrel? OH FUCKING WELL
>>
>>31599920
$10-$30 max
Avoid big box stores, they've got ridiculous transfer fees. Local gun store is the way to go.

Personal story:
>Go to Sportsman's Warehouse
>Approach gun counter
>Ask about transfer fees
>$50
>Dude tells me to go to LGS
>1/4 mile away
>Dude there orders it for me
>I don't pay until I pick it up
>No transfer fee
Pretty cool.
>>
>>31599920
Oh, about the 80 percent lower question ..
If you have milling experience and proper tools, I'd give it a shot. The 80 percent lowers don't require FFL transfers, so you could get one shipped to your house or PO box. (same goes for muzzle loaders)
I'd just go with a reputable company or manufacturer. Preferably a mated upper and lower receiver set. Only thing left is to choose billet or forged.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.