[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BOOBY TRAPS SECURITY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

File: 1TimeDeal.jpg (150KB, 667x406px) Image search: [Google]
1TimeDeal.jpg
150KB, 667x406px
Hey /k/ Im looking for a DIY security trap to slow down/spook off/ and catch unwanted person's intruding my premises. Specifically my tool shed which has been broken into and stolen from in the past. Im looking for NON-Lethal ways to set up "booby traps" inorder to stop/slow/and warn me about intruders. No shotgun shell trip wire/no potential to kill just catch,spook, and warn.

TY
>>
>>31596585

Amateur.

Put the frag in a soup can, so when the door is opened, it pulls the grenade out of the can.

If the impact fuse does not do it (M26A1) the delay will.

I swear, /k/ has gotten so slack of late...
>>
>>31596585
Use those shirty little firecrackers that have strings on both ends. Make a pop sound when pulled.
>>
>>31596585
Punji stakes. Won't kill, will maim and horrify. I recommend getting a floor mat and a sturdy piece of wood, then cutting out a piece of your floor, installing the stakes, and place the wood and the floor mat over the pit when you're not using it.
>>
File: ku-xlarge.jpg (103KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ku-xlarge.jpg
103KB, 640x360px
>>31596585
Watch Home Alone and go from there.
>>
>>31597300
/thread
>>
>>31596716
Yeahh as Punji pits can be very effective and multi verseatile, im limited to only being able to set up one by my side gate. Where it would be most useful and effective. Im looking for moar of a DOOR set up that can be disarmed when needed and goes off when someone really tries to break in.

Im worried about my new METH head neighbors who seem to be very curious about my shed and lawnmower as they try to do what ever they can to find a way to get a closer look when im tending to my yard.

They already have been asking WAY too many personal questions that a 2 week old neighbor should never ask.
They have on several occasions asked if they can borrow a tool and even my mower!
They are trying to gain my trust, but i know better then to have loose lips.

Any advice
>>
>>31596585
OP. I'm in college taking a law class. We have gone over this 100 times in class. Although you no duty to protect trespassers, you do not have the right to maim or kill them just for trespassing. Booby traps are a big no-no. Im sure someone will reply "lol fuck laws pussy", but also consider the possibility that you will have one to many wine coolers and accidentally claymore your faceoff.
>>
http://www.budk.com/Pull-String-Perimeter-Alarms-72-Pack-5510

Ive got some of these, totally nonleathal and noisy as fuck, they come in different sizes so if .22lr is too small for you there are louder ones. I've tripped one before and thought someone shot at me.
>>
File: ComputerHacker1-300x225.jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
ComputerHacker1-300x225.jpg
17KB, 300x225px
>>31596585
What if the intruder has a fetish for traps with huge tits? That would only encourage him to come back!
>>
>>31597421
Thank you for your concern. Yes i am aware about Booby trap laws, thats why im going for the noise/stall method. Im not looking to hurt but spook potential thieves

>>31597533
Dun....DUnn..DUNNNNN

The golden question, no one truly knows.
>>
>>31597421

This, I'm pretty sure booby traps are illegal everywhere except South Africa.

If one works, you're likely to get a pretty stiff sentence.
>>
>>31597689
Thats why I refuse to even do a blank shell trip wire. Too risky. I am just looking for a DIY set up that will give me an advantage over the crooks. Something that would catch them by surprise and would stall them for me to make my next move.

I dont want to end up like those farmers who injured and almost killed a 12yo with a shell trip wire.

Id rather not get the police involved unless theres no other option. And when i do Im not trying to incriminate my self when said person is caught.

I have a somewhat big yard, just want a warning in advanced
>>
>>31597421
like in face-off?

Upgrade your doors and locks, burglars want easy targets first. The louder and harder it is to get on your property and access anything the more likely they are to run before people notice them. Gravel is pretty good at giving people away. There are also cheap laser alarm systems and motion sensitive flood lights.
>>
>>31597421
>Although you no duty to protect trespassers, you do not have the right to maim or kill them just for trespassing. Booby traps are a big no-no.
Bullshit. Booby traps on private property are illegal because emergency service must be able to access your home.
>>
Go medieval and BRING OUT THE BOILING OIL!
>>
>>31597979
Upgrading TM. Iv put a barrier of shitt infront of the doors soo it would make hella noise if you moves even a single piece.
The gravel idea is probably the best answer overall . Will be investing in motion sensitive lights after door/lock upgrade.

Since night fall, iv kept every light off expect porch light. I moved ever light inside that would cast shadow's. No sound besides nature. Car is at sisters with my mum. Have not opened any doors/windows.

Im going all out K in my home.
>>
>put hidden cameras everywhere
>get face/license plate
>???????
>incarceration

That or cookies filled with laxatives.
>>
>>31596585
You know how to make a rabbit snare?
Think bigger.
You done?
Alright good.
Now you have a human snare (and that non-lethal trap you wanted)

For less chance of escape, use some kind of metal cord or cable
For non-lethal, but injuring, use razor wire

Looking at all the other things posted here, I think this is the best alternative both effectiveness-wise and cost-wise.
>>
>>31598858
Because people will voluntarily stick their neck in razor wire.
>>
File: Fred_Jones.png (2MB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Fred_Jones.png
2MB, 1920x1078px
>>31596585

A big net, of course. Then you can expose the meth heads true identity- Old Man Jenkins!
>>
File: Improvised claymore.jpg (2MB, 1366x3238px) Image search: [Google]
Improvised claymore.jpg
2MB, 1366x3238px
>>
>>31598935
Man I'm half drunk.
I meant that one where there's a loop on the ground, someone steps in it and they get pulled up by the other end of that rope which was tied to a tree branch
>>
File: traps.jpg (389KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
traps.jpg
389KB, 1280x1280px
Here's the trigger, then hook it up to whatever you want: a buzzer, a warning light to your room, an exploding box of confetti...
>>
>>31599022
iv been trying to come up with a out side to inside contraption with the clothespin trigger. Its a pretty far gap
>>
Do a shotgun style booby trap but replace the shotgun with a super soaker filled with cat pee.
>>
>>31597372
you seem paranoid
>>
ITT: crazed 'Nam vets
>>
I HAVE DEVISED THE MOST EFFECTIVE HOME DEFENSE BOOBY TRAPS!

Step 1: Wall
Step 2: landmines
Step 3: Vietcong-like booby traps
Step 4: more landmine
Step 5: imagine WW1 no mans land but with landmines
Step 6: 1 random parrot screaming DOOOOOOOOOM
Step 7: couch for rest because I am not a monster
Step 8: sunflower fields with hookers so the virgins can lose their virginity before death
Step 9: barbwire galore
Step 10: landmines with more landmines attached
Step 11: medieval castle with me in it picking off potshots with a crossbow with a mg42 + ammo next to me just in case I run out of bolts.
>>
>>31597421
I do have the right to kill someone just for trespassing actually
>>
>>31597823
Cameras.
Motion sensors with big lights.
Locks.
Alarms hooked up to some trumpets of the apocalypse level noise maker.
Done.
>>
File: IMG_0777.png (288KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0777.png
288KB, 750x1334px
>>31596585
This will give you a pretty good warning
>>
>>31600909
You must be 18 or older to post here.
>>
Glue a box wrench to the world's largest figure-four.
>>
>>31597372

This is a parody, I know it.

So close, yet so far.
>>
>>31597421

>you do not have the right to kill trespassers

The fuck I don't. I can shoot anyone on my property without permission.

Also, permission to access my property can be revoked at any time, and so long as they refuse to leave when asked, I can brain them right there.
>>
>>31597823

Have you tried like a... home security system?

You get a discount on your homeowner's insurance for having one, too.
>>
Make a trip activated firecracker

it's simple to fabricate a slip-rope circuit out of scrap metal, some tape, a battery, suitable homemade det, and a firecracker or two.
>>
>>31596585

Hey OP,

You know what a Piccilo Pete is? compressed KCIO3 into a tube that lets out an obnoxiously loud scream when it goes off and a small jet of flame?

Pick some up on 4th of July, or make your own. I'm sure you can research and figure out how to do it if you're that dedicated. The howl and flame should strike fear into any tweaker and unless they decide to stick their body in the 1.5-2 inch jet of flame no real harm will come to them. Assuming they aren't gakked out and have a heart attack. Your neighbors might be pissed to wake up to that at who knows what hour of the morning though. Rigging a ignition system shouldn't be too difficult to figure out either.
>>
>>31597446
Filled with coyote piss
>>
>>
if you just want it to alert you set up an alarm
this day in age it should be pretty easy to set up a sensor that could alert your cell phone on the door of the shed, or a louder thing with lights and a horn or something to start going off that'll annoy the fuck out of everybody nearby into calling the police for a noise complaint
you cant really do anything to stop people from doing shit your lucky if you can even prove they did it if they do it seems like
>>
>>31597372
Glue fishhooks or scalpel heads slathered in Nicotine paste or old poo on the handle, post pics of results.
>>
>>31597300
Kek.
>>
>>31596585
Just hidden cameras all over your garage that way you can catch the fuckers in the act.
>>
File: J6537.png (8KB, 360x316px) Image search: [Google]
J6537.png
8KB, 360x316px
Lock everything up

Light everything up

Then if you still really feel the need to booby.

Get some pepper shells, and make a normal 12g trap. Won't kill them, but, will be loud as fuck. One should be plenty for your average shed.

Orient the device so it discharges into the ceiling, not their face. Put a steel plate up there for a backstop, so you know the pepper will spread out. If not it may just go right through the roof, and end up somewhere else.

Plenty of people have been killed by 12g wads. You know the little plastic thingy, that holds in all the stuff. Also, you could rip an eye out of a skull. Both of these will get you in deep shit.
Don't want to be paying that tweaker not to work for the rest of his life.

Obviously this is a legal gray area. Most of the cops I know would laugh there asses off, and arrest the tweaker. Some might arrest you too. So be careful.

Don't forget to hang signs.
>>
>>31596658
Exactly, you'd have to open that door pretty fucking hard to pull the pin out.
>>
>>31598142
>reading comprehension
>>
>>31597421
easy, I don't drink
>>
File: 1469312006234.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469312006234.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
>>31597421
>in law class
>can't fucking read

>>31596585
Fake (or real) security alarm and a recording of like 5 angry dogs barking.
>>
>>31596585
Motion sensors with lighting, sound like dogs, gunfire, etc.
Boob traps using cameras with flash units.
>>
>>31600918
No, you have the right to defend yourself. Which may involve use of deadly force.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.