[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /k/ think about scout rifles? thinking of picking up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 21

File: model-11.jpg (99KB, 1000x740px) Image search: [Google]
model-11.jpg
99KB, 1000x740px
what does /k/ think about scout rifles? thinking of picking up a pic related because i don't have a long gun and live in commiefornia
>>
I've also thought about this, between the mossberg mvp and the ruger Gunsite it's rough to say which one I'd prefer.
>>
>>31594298
Plus being a filthy Commiefornian means any salt rifle I own would have to be cuck'd so a scout seems like a decent alternative
>>
M1A
FNAR
SCR
>>
Su-16
>>
>>31594344
>>31594399
part of the point of getting a boltgun is to avoid the draconian california prohibitions on semi-automatic weapons. if i could, i'd just put together a comfy old AR platform
>>
>>31594200

The 11 Scout is not a bad rifle for the money if you're into scout guns. I don't like the mount and the peep sights though so I bought the 11 Hog Hunter.
>>
>>31594457
i've never actually shot one though, which is the source of my trepidation. i'm used to low to no magnification optics and have never shot anything with anywhere near as long an eye relief as the scout is supposed to have. i am a fan of the low weight and short overall length though
>>
>>31594200
I kind of want one. Don't really need it since I have a lever action, but that's never stopped me from buying a gun. If I were ever to start hunting I would definitely want a 7.62 scout rifle over a legit hunting rifle for sure.
>>
They're a meme. Niche role with little benefit. Might as well get a normal bolt gun.

They've got 'long' eye relief which is a preference I guess but I think it's dumb.
>>
File: 308.jpg (180KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
308.jpg
180KB, 849x565px
dont get it if you just want a range toy. if you want to shoot tiny groups, a scout scope isnt what you need. its only good for hunting/innawoods shit and thats where youll learn to love it.
>>
>>31594447
All those options are CA legal and sold in CA gun stores.
>>
>>31594200
They're a compromise from inception and are only considered a good idea because Col. Jeff Cooper isn't alive to tell people to buy a damn AR. The idea was a do anything rifle where you weren't allowed\ it would be inadvisable to carry a battle rifle, so a hunting rifle was given slightly martial qualities through adding detachable mags\ stripper clips and a forward mounuted optic to aid in quick target acquisition if you suddenly had to fight with it.

>commiefornia
Oh, go ahead, but the scout scope thing isn't as key with modern optics, eyeboxes are generally more generous these days.
>>
File: 22635-DEFAULT-l.jpg (35KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
22635-DEFAULT-l.jpg
35KB, 900x500px
>>31594579
shit i might just save up and get an m1a. willing to bet /k/ hates these but i wasn't actually aware semi-auto was legal in any configuration in CA without a bullet button.
>>
File: 18973.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
18973.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>31594447
Su-16CA:

5.56mm
Semi-auto
Piston driven
AR mags
5lbs
>>
>>31594791
is now an assault weapon under california's bullshit law.
>>
>>31594791
they're ugly as sin though. i'm a faggot and care about that sort of thing
>>
If you're going with a manual action, 200 yards and under rifle, go with a lever action .45-70.
>>
>>31594447

>part of the point of getting a boltgun is to avoid the draconian california prohibitions on semi-automatic weapons.

It doesn't get you bigger mags, numbnuts, but it does get you a shitty mounting system. You shoot slower than a semiautomatic with -MAYBE- a a slightly faster reload.

Just get a bullet button AR-10
>>
>>31594817
>>31594817
I was under the impression that it was featureless and therefore fine.

So does that make my sks one too? It's stock with fixed mags.
>>
>>31594790
>k is one person
Love the M1A. Then again I'm a nostalgiafag who loves the Garand action
>>
>>31598203
>bullet button AR-10
i mean. the ar platform is comfy and i'm really familiar iwth it but the idea of a bullet button makes me really unhappy.
>>
does anyone have any direct experience with bullet buttons? what is it like living with a gelded rifle?
>>
how's a Remington 700 for long range shooting.
either semi or bolt, it doesnt matter to me. preferably 223 or 30 ish cal.

I refuse to get an AR only to never entirely use it to it's limits whilst living in CA.

it's just stupid and underwhelming in comparison to other shooters that do not have to put up with this fucking commie bullshit
>>
>>31598601

Serious question here

Do you really think that you'll be shooting faster with a bolt action scout rifle(that probably has dubious mounting for an optic) than a AR-10 with a bullet button?

And, y'know, it occurs to me that nothing is stopping you from having a standard mag release laying around, in the event that you really need it. Just keep it squirreled away until the Happening.
>>
>>31594200

Truly Cooper was a king of making memes

Scout rifle is ultimate meme tier.

I do wish it took off more I wish more bolt rifles came with iron sights :c
>>
>>31598854
the idea wasn't volume of fire as much as having a competent, reliable rifle for anything (for any reason) past handgun range. from what i've been reading anyway, california just enacted a brand new set of laws that outlaw bullet buttons (although conflicting info on this) and require all AR-platforms to be registered with the state as assault weapons. it's looking like m1a right now honestly. they're just so fucking expensive
>>
>>31594501
>lever

I wish gun manufactuers would fucking try new lever designs like wheres the modern takes on the Winchester 1895
>>
>>31598917
This is true. We are still fighting the law through petitions but it's not looking good for us. I chose to ditch the bullet button altogether and just go featureless by blocking off the back of the pistol grip with a metal plate I fabricobbled together.
>>
>>31599028
Doing the right thing man.
>>
>>31598663
I only put mine on when i go to the range, i keep a regular mag release inside my grip. Takes 10 seconds to remove. Insert flat head or equivalent, twist and remove. At a range it doesnt affect my shooting of the rifle.
>>
>>31598845
I never understood this. Just buy an ar15. Bullet buttons arent permanently attached to rifle. Takes 10 seconds to remove and reinstall regular mag release. And if its a mag capacity issue, just buy mags during your next vegas or reno trip. Use the 10rnd mag at the range, and if shtf pull out you high caps and remove bullet button since no one will give a fuck
>>
File: 47jvwo2.jpg (63KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
47jvwo2.jpg
63KB, 1024x682px
>>31594817
No, they're still featureless and they're fine to buy in California.

That being said, if you got the time and cash to get your hands on one go for an SCR. Kel-Tec has a tendency to go pic related.
>>
>>31599968
if i do that then i'll just bring one from out of state while i'm still away from CA
>>
>>31600035
i mean really, what's the point of buying a rifle like that over an m1a? besides price of course
>>
>>31600077
very true
>>
>>31600077
If we're talking about the SCR then the main selling point is that it allows the modularity of the AR-15, by using AR uppers and magazines, so you can change between .223, .458 SOCOM and .50 Beowulf if you wish so.
>>
>>31600200
honestly i'm not a gun hoarder and have no plans to become one (not that there's anything wrong with that). i'd rather be able to amass a reasonable cache of one handgun caliber and one rifle caliber. just makes more sense to me personally so i'm not sure how much i'd really care about the modularity
>>
You guys seeing something I'm not?
Ares doesn't have the SCR up anymore.
They changed the website and it's gone now.
I don't know where to find an SCR now.
>>
File: 1475802928502.png (669KB, 707x805px) Image search: [Google]
1475802928502.png
669KB, 707x805px
>>31594200
>What does /k/ think about the same thread I post every week?

You should already have your answer to fuck off by now.
>>
>>31600268
those threads weren't me, anon. i haven't posted in /k/ since i left the army like 5 years ago. i just quit playing video games and i'm looking into picking up a less wasteful hobby
>>
>>31600263
Ares has stated on Facebook repeatedly that they're still building the website and that the SCR page should be up soon
>>
Ruger Gunsite Scout

y/n?
>>
>>31598845
I don't know what's available to you in CA. If you can get Remingtong 700P / PDM, then go for it. You should be anle to find something in a .308 reasonable inexpensive.
>>
>>31600268
people like to hear second opinions before committing to a big purchase. you dont want to keep shooting from the hip with wverything in life
>>
Scout rifles were outdated memes when Cooper came up with the idea.

Nearly any Califagged 223 carbine would be better. The Mini14 really is one of the better choices available off the shelf.
>>
>>31600285
>i just quit playing video games and i'm looking into picking up a less wasteful hobby

Then why are you on 4chan, or better yet why don't you have a gun? Better yet, how do I know you are lying?
You ether never quit video games, or you don't actually play any other games and just got sick of Halo and Call of Duty on your Xbox you filthy casual.

Guns are almost as expensive to table top models, that 2nd car with an i4 for fun purposes, or even whatever the fuck season ticket for box seats for every sports game. All of those cost more than videogames.

And the best part is you want to buy into a meme gun category that does not offer performance for the price.
>>
>>31600475
i just disassembled my gaming rig and am posting on an $85 thinkpad, thanks. a friend of mine owns a 1911 that was purchased out of state and isn't registered but he never really wants to shoot it because of it so i'm going to get a rifle. together we'd have a pretty nice little collection going.

also i'm probably just going to get an m1a. more or less given up on the scout rifle at this point.
>>
>>31598927
>I wish gun manufactuers would fucking try new lever designs
The whole point of enjoying a lever action is to get a taste of the past

If you want a "modern take", you're into blow-back gas-operated semi-auto action

Lever was good at the time, it's now obsolete except for nostalgia purposes
>>
>>31594200

As a Californian, I'm getting an AR before I get my M1A because what's wrong with slapping a kydex wrap on a pistol grip, having a muzzle brake instead of a flash hider, and pinning my stock?

There's nothing wrong with it, and I'll still have an AR just in case, when it comes down to it.
>>
>>31600362
>>31600408

A person like me found out that the .308 Gunsite Scout had a worse bolt and guide than an actual Ruger American in .270 for twice the price. The magazine size of four rounds for the American was not an issue, only it's cheapness in molded plastic inside the furniture most if not all the time. The actual American is a full pound lighter than the Gunsite Scout. You just don't buy something that has a 10 round single stack steel magazine in .308 or .223 and then call it a light rifle, especially when it is not built for actual precision.
Compared to the Steyr Scout which is supposedly the best scout rifle in both weight and barrel length, the American is still 6.4 ounces less.
>>
>>31600607
man all of that fucking effort just ruins the gun for m. you're not using it to it's full potential. I just want to fucking shoot right away once i buy my gun.

i'm just gonna stick with the bolt action
>>
>>31600607
THIS THIS SO MUCH THIS

just slip off the wrap when no one's looking and you have a somewhat normal AR
>>
>>31600641
damn I was hoping the gunsite scout was decent. I wanted it in 223 since 308 seems a bit hot for the size of the gun. and I'm not actually going to be shooting people like the scout rifle pattern or w/e is presumably intended for.
>>
>>31594200
DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY
>>
File: 1zYD0.jpg (264KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1zYD0.jpg
264KB, 1280x768px
>>31600664
I guess it would be fine for taking to the range and taking it off when you're at home.

Hell, if someone breaks into your home just take care of business and slap it on before the police show up.
>>
>>31594200
Not exactly a scout rifle, but the Tikka CTR is good option. No iron sights, but it's a compact rifle, 20" barrel, pic rail, detachable magazine. In 243/308/6.5 Creedmoor.
>>
>>31594790
M1As are great except for the SOCOM 16.
>>
>>31600734
what's wrong with the 16? barrel length? seems like it's got pretty decent groupings at 300m which is all i would ask of it
>>
>>31600704
right on brother
>>31600725
seriously though, what cop in their right mind would enforce about any of these shitty laws? don't cops think the laws are dumb?

at least the high cap mag punishment was reduced to an infraction where before it was a misdemeanor
>>
>>31600747
not necessarily
there's a lot that think it's bad because someone tells them it's bad and not because they personally consider it bad
there's also a lot of libtard cops because it's california
>>
>>31600747
cops in metropolitan areas of california are actually pretty significantly in favor of most gun control measures, from what i remember. from what i hear it's a different beast when you get into rural cali (which most people forget is even a thing, even though it's the vast, vast majority of our state) but if you live in a concentrated area, i would say expect those laws to be upheld if for whatever reason the police were somehow made aware of your not abiding by them
>>
>less wasteful hobby
>guns
>in california
holy shit you picked the wrong hobby

expensive FFL fees on top of the bullshit DROS charge
requiring a bullet button or grip wrap which means paying a company more to install it for you
you're literally throwing money downrange every time you pull the trigger
if you want to hunt they want you to use steel shot which costs more
the list goes on and on
>>
>>31600770
>>31600774
what about blm rangers? are they law savvy?
>>
>>31600795
whether or not they give a fuck is going to vary
>>
>>31600795
i mean it's probably really not worth testing any of this given the potential opportunity cost. lawmakers really, really, don't want you having """""assault weapons""""" and you're looking at potentially becoming a felon
>>
>>31600790
not sure where you're getting these numbers. i admittedly haven't looked into FFL fees yet, but the actual state fees are $25 according to the site. i would be going featureless so fuck a button
>>
File: 015.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
>>31600770
>>31600774
>>31600804
>>31600812
>>
File: IMG_7559.jpg (122KB, 540x844px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7559.jpg
122KB, 540x844px
You can get a mosin and a aftermarket stock to make it shorter and still have a kick
>>
>>31600725

As the original poster, I'm not saying you should break the law when not in public. You should keep it configured within the confines of the law.

I'm saying it doesn't change the rifle at all and you can still have a fully functional AR (and keep the extra parts stored) if you ever move away from CA or on the unrealistically slim chance the law no longer applies (repeal or SHTF).

Again, do not break the law or promote breaking the law. That's dumb and only hurts all of us more in the end. But you should realize that the new CA laws don't really do much to ARs. Hell, you can even have a normal mag release if you run featureless.
>>
>>31600840
>the new CA laws don't really do much to ARs
I'm just now realizing this, I thought it was much worse than it actually is
>>
yo what the fuck does "honorably retired" member of the armed forces in california? will a dd214 showing honorable discharge work or did i have to spend 20 years in to be trusted to have a firearm in my own house? i carred a fucking fully automatic weapon on red for a fucking year in a third world shithole and now i have to have some faceless bureaucrat tell me i'm """"safe"""" enough to carry a weapon? what kind of bullshit is this
>>
>>31600795
CA DOJ officers are known to lurk BLM ranges. Once you're out on state roads, they get you.
>>
>>31600853

It's cool. I kind of freaked out when all the MUH VETO GUNMAGEDDON shit was happening. But when you realize what actually happened, you'll also realize that it's no big deal.
>>
>California CCW Cost: 299.00 for Two day course. We will take you from not having any experience with a firearm, to a Concealed Carry Advanced Level Shooter in 2 days. Shooting made easy.
>$299.00
i'm going to fucking kill myself if i actually have to do this shit
>>
>>31600740
Because at that length, you may as well downgrade to an intermediate caliber. Yes, that means the SCAR17 is a silly gun, too.
>>
>>31600870
starting in 2018(19?) you can no longer buy ammo online and private sales will also be illegal. you'll have to purchase a permit and do a background check in order to buy ammo at a licensed dealer and you can't buy more than 50 rounds at a time and it will be many times the current price
>>
>>31600916
so basically start stockpiling now, and get ready to drive out of state when it becomes necessary. hopefully i'll be the fuck out of here by the time 2019 rolls around
>>
found somewhere that just administers the FSC test for $25 and doesn't try to fuck you out of your money by shilling one of their retarded courses. thank fucking god.
>>
>Never handle a gun when you are in an emotional state such as anger or depression. Your judgment may be impaired
good thing i'm buying a rifle and not a gun. looks like i'm clear to get drunk, point my rifle wherever i please and leave it around my three year old son. thanks california, you fucking idiots.
>>
>>31600916
>you can't buy more than 50 rounds at a time

You're either lying or misinformed.

You can still buy as much ammunition as you want. You are only allowed to buy 50 rounds from out of state per month, though, which must be sent to an FFL after you get a background check (which stays on file at your FFL).
>>
>>31594200
Just build an AR autist.

Do not comply.
>>
>>31600996
have fun in jail
>>
>>31600795
Doesn't matter, they're federal agents. Can't enforce state law; best they can do is report you to local authorities.
>>
>>31600993
>out of state
so nevada/arizona/oregon gun stores have to check everyone's ID when they buy ammo?
>>
>>31601001
I don't live in CA faggot.
>>
>>31601032

No. But you can be slapped with a misdemeanor ticket and a fine of up to $1000 for bringing more than 50 rounds back into CA from out of state.

So if you go on a hunting trip with ammo from CA and then cross back over, make sure to have your receipts, basically.
>>
>>31601043
so...just drive the speed limit and drive straight?
>>
>>31601064

Hunters get stopped for agricultural inspection.

My advice would be to not break the law. But it's a free country, so you're welcome to risk the trouble and fee, I guess.
>>
>>31600774
High level police positions are political positions. Of course the LA Police Chief is going to support liberal policies. He wouldn't have a job if he didn't. Actual police are mostly against gun control.

Bullet buttons and the new action openers (is there a term yet?) are still very functional. The gun is gimped, and the laws are unconstitutional, but for the rifles are still useable for most applications. They are also easy to convert back to standard configuration, so if SHTF, you can have a regular AR in less than an hour.
>>
>>31600823
$25 is for the DROS
the FFL can charge whatever they want on top of that and a lot of them like to charge $50+ per gun
there's a couple of places near me that charge $100 per gun so you are at $125 if you were to transfer with them.
>>
>>31601077
>Bullet buttons and the new action openers (is there a term yet?) are still very functional. The gun is gimped, and the laws are unconstitutional, but for the rifles are still useable for most applications. They are also easy to convert back to standard configuration, so if SHTF, you can have a regular AR in less than an hour.

Or you could just run a monsterman grip/kydex wrap, have a muzzle brake, and have a fixed stock. All you need to do is take the wrap off or change out the grip in literally 3 minutes.
>>
>>31601073
i've never been stopped an agri checkpoint because i look like every other fucker crossing over the border to go to vegas for a weekend trip

read: no one is going to stop your ass at at the agricultural checkpoints
>>
>>31601082
that's actually not as bad as i thought. as long as they're not doing anything gay like making me pay a percentage tax on an imported weapon that's pretty whatever actually
>>
>>31601090

I mean, yeah, basically. But encouraging people to break the law is fucking stupid.
>>
>>31598927
https://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/the-long-ranger/
You're welcome
>>
>>31601094

California FFLs are supposed to charge 8% sales tax on transfers. I'm not sure how many do this in reality.
>>
>>31601103
i can't imagine anyone giving up a free 8% but maybe with some competition
>>
how about let's ask how anybody is able to tell whether or not your AR is registered or not? if it's registered you're allowed to have all the "evil" features right?
>>
>>31601103
>>31601106
the DOJ sends nastygrams to FFLs reminding them that they're supposed to collect that tax so most of them will do it unless you have an invoice saying you paid for it already
>>
File: doomcoffee.gif (15KB, 188x200px) Image search: [Google]
doomcoffee.gif
15KB, 188x200px
>>31600556
oh hush up you know what i mean.

Gun manufactures could easily improve lever actions in aspects such as accuracy, action strength, different magazine types allowing the use of spitzer bullets, throw distance of the lever, accessory mounting etc..

instead they are lazy and make some new piston ar or whatever else is the easy way out.

Besides there are other people living in shit tiers states like cali where semi autos have to be gimped to be legal. The fact that people are teaching and running lever carbines for HD should give a hint to manufactures that there is a market for an improved lever gun but this industry is conservative as fuck when it comes to innovation.
>>
>>31601109
as long as you don't run into DOJ guys or uppity cops you'll probably not have any trouble

I have a feeling they're going to go on fieldtrips around the state harassing people if you don't have copies of your registration on you and you're running around with a gun with scary stuff on it
>>
>>31601121
>I have a feeling they're going to go on fieldtrips around the state harassing people
wat
>>
File: 1466937207608.png (16KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1466937207608.png
16KB, 917x1186px
>>31601101
>no iron sights

WHY DO THEY DO THIS REEEEEEEEEEEE

THEY COULD HAVE PUT PEEP SIGHTS ON IT WITH SCOPE MOUNTING CAPABILITIES AND IT WOULD BE PERFECT

GOD DAMN IT HENRY
>>
>>31601043
Because the police have X-ray goggles.
>>
File: 1475466909767.png (287KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
1475466909767.png
287KB, 368x469px
>>31601073
>Hunters get stopped for agricultural inspection.

If you are willing to hunt in California you are already prepared to get cucked by the high permit costs and lead free zones. But if profiling is an issue than just don't dress as a typical brotruck redneck wearing all black hoodie in what would be 80 degree highs all day.
>>
>>31600859
civil disobedience motherfucker
>>
>>31600704
THIS
>>
>>31594200
If what this anon here >>31600993 said about being limited to purchasing 50 rounds from out of state per month then I would highly recommend you buy something chambered in a straight wall (non bottlenecked) pistol caliber to make reloading easier if you want to try it in the future as having the only source of ammo be your LGS is going to make shooting much more expensive.
>>
>live in washington
>only no fun allowed laws are no machine guns and and no short barreled shotguns
hopefully it stays that way
>>
>>31601077
I thought they closed the bullet button loophole?
>>
File: feelsbadman.png (961KB, 959x880px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.png
961KB, 959x880px
>>31603603
SALT weapons ban is gonna be voted on soon, and after that kebab shot up the mall its likely going to pass.
>>
File: worry.jpg (13KB, 200x255px) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
13KB, 200x255px
>>31603737
>weapons ban
I never heard of this
>>
File: 1475797156066.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1475797156066.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>31603754
Yup we're next, between portland faggots, seattle faggots and caliniggers we literally cant win.
>>
>>31603766
I need to move out of this liberal hellhole the second I'm able.
>>
File: SzeUBaZ.jpg (133KB, 640x936px) Image search: [Google]
SzeUBaZ.jpg
133KB, 640x936px
>>31603815
yeah its getting pretty bad, im going to finish my training and look for work in Alaska. Lived in Vancouver my whole life, but you cant drive down the road without seeing some un-washed portlander xei-beast faggot. and those are the people pushing for oregon/washington salt weapons ban.
>>
File: 1474867468581.jpg (52KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474867468581.jpg
52KB, 600x800px
>>31603815
To further add to this, my city has erected what feels like 5000 GIBSMEDAT apartments for the """"poor""""". saw some melanoid dindu breaking into a car a block from my house just last week. these degenerates are flocking here from all over the fucking state.
>>
>>31594200
Sks
>>
File: american-Ranch.jpg (29KB, 1000x766px) Image search: [Google]
american-Ranch.jpg
29KB, 1000x766px
They look cool for sure. I'm sure they are great for varmit and hog hunting, but I fell for the scout rifle meme and ended up trying to use it as a range toy and found myself dissapointed.

I got a Ruger American in .223, sold the thing as a deal with my anti-fun parents before moving to PA (they paid me back in full), so now I'm funless until I get a PA drivers license.

The point is unless you live in the backwoods and want a truck gun for hog or varmit hunting, there's not much of a point in having one. I'm just going to get a handgun for indoor ranges and a durr rifle for hunting/outdoor ranges.
>>
>>31594200
>Compensator on a manually operated firearm
Waste of weight, and makes the firearm just that much longer for no reason. There's even a fuckhuge recoil pad; what pussy needs both a recoil pad and a compensator on a .308? Looks like a .308 anyways. Must be a mall ninja that owns that fucking thing. At least it has iron sights, so it has ONE redeeming feature.
>>
>>31603868
suck to suck, you should move to oregon.
>>
>>31600654
Full potential?

You must be new to guns. Because none of that hinders the gun. Muzzle brake is almost always better than standard flash hider on .22 calibers.
>>
>>31604090
You're in the same boat faggot, if S. 4269 passes then Oregon is as fucked as we are.
>>
>>31594200
I like the concept of them and if you live in commiefornia definitely consider it. Get the Ruger if you want a true "scout"
>>
>>31600725
This is still illegal in Connecticut.
>Iron sights
>Over 10 rounds
>Telescoping stock
>also AR-15's are banned by name
>>
>>31594790
Look into the Ares SCR
Accepts AR-15 uppers and you can use detachable magazines in it since the stock makes it not an """""assault weapon"""""
>>
>>31600253
You would want modularity if you're only going to get one rifle caliber firearm

5.56/.223 is much more common and less expensive than 7.62/.308 which is why you would want a SCR that takes AR mags
>>
>>31604630
That's the epitome of cuck. At that point just break the BS law and shoot on private property.
>>
>>31604630
that one doesn't look as abortive as some of the other featureless AR's in this thread, at the very least
>>
>>31594579
not for long
>>
>>31604800

Yes, clearly the superior option is a rifle that uses proprietary parts instead of a bolt-on grip adapter.

Most abortive AR ever.
>>
>>31594298
Just got the mvp. Fantastic rifle. The bolt takes a little more force to operate than I'd like and the magazine shakes around a bit but other than that it's amazing.
>>
>>31604584
Stock and mag are pinned, iron sights are fine in CT.

Only certain AR's are banned by name.
>>
>>31604630
If only the lower receiver and bolt carrier didn't cost $500. Also needs an optional lower with a modified magwell to use a Johnson rifle style fixed magazine and A1 handguards (or a more VSS style forend if chambered in .300 BLK) for extra sexiness.
>>
>>31604912
Different anon, but isn't that grip still illegal in CT since 'the firing hand is under the action'?
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.