[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philippines Suspends Patrols With U.S. in South China Sea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

http://www.wsj.com/articles/philippines-tells-u-s-no-more-joint-patrols-in-south-china-sea-1475826120

>Step, while small, is first sign of split in alliance since election of President Rodrigo Duterte

Well Duerte just don't talk only. He backed it up with deed now!
>>
Oh no, the might of the Phillipine navy, consisting of three fucking Ex-USCG cutters, won't be joining the US anymore.
>>
It's like they want China to steal their shit
>>
>MANILA—The Philippine defense chief said Friday that he had suspended participation in any joint patrols with the U.S. of the disputed South China Sea, the first concrete sign of a crack in the military alliance following the election of President Rodrigo Duterte.
>Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana also said he also would ask a small detachment of American troops providing counterterrorism assistance on the southern island of Mindanao to leave as the president requested. But he said that would happen only after the Philippine military can carry out such operations on its own, something that could take years.

>Since taking office June 30, Mr. Duterte has caught U.S. officials and his own military off guard with seemingly off-the-cuff pronouncements with potentially far-reaching strategic implications. His aim, he said, is to loosen ties with the U.S. and give his Southeast Asian country a more “independent” foreign policy, with “new alliances” with China and Russia.

He's goin to actually do it that absolute madman
>>
>>31593525
Most likely, he has cut a deal with China in exchange for this.

Chinese coast guard patrols would be ordered to refrain from harrassing PH fishermen in the disputed shoals.
>>
>Burger Status
>BTFO
That's what you get for being dicks to friends
>>
NUEVO MEXICANS--I mean AMERICANS ON SUICIDE WATCH

US BTFO
>>
>>31595567
>>31595541
>thinking a corrupt president can actually stop US defense relations.

I mean, we can always replace him.
>>
>>31595594
>US sponsored "democracy" in action
>>
>>31595616
>believing in democracy ever
>>
>>31595594
>Shillary doing another regime change in the name of "democracy" via "moderate rebels"
>Not alienating your other allies
Anon... Syria already showed the world the shitshow the USA is willing to do you'd think they'll allow an electric boogaloo to happen again?
>>
>>31595633
>preaching democracy but not practicing it

American hypocrisy once again
>>
File: batman-duterte1.jpg (43KB, 585x344px) Image search: [Google]
batman-duterte1.jpg
43KB, 585x344px
>>31595594

>a corrupt president

Nigger is litterally batmaning his way through the crime ridden shithole that philipina is.
>>
>>31595662
Syria was never an American ally to begin with so I don't know what kind of point you're trying reach here.
>>
>>31595690
If you're talking about BvS Batman then... sure, I guess.
>>
>>31595594
>Democratically elected leader doesn't like the US
>We'll just kick him over against the wishes of the natives so that we have another sock puppet in the name of democracy
I can't believe the delusions you burgers have.
>>
>>31595711
Americans are warmongers, what else is new?
>>
File: CVqTx7EVAAAY-Xv.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CVqTx7EVAAAY-Xv.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
>>31595709

>/k/
>Even complaining about this guy
>Ever

Am I on some kind of feminist reddit board ?
>>
>>31595709
No, it's plane scene Batman.
>>
>>31595711
We've been doing it for 70 years, just like the USSR.

The only thing that matters is power, how do you not know this?
>>
>>31595763
I just find it highly ironic /k/ is praising Duterte for doing the exact same thing they are deathly afraid of their own governments doing. Sanctioned deathsquads out to enforce whatever law the government wishes.
>>
As An American I don't know why I should hate this guy. From what I understand he's delivering hard justice to durg lords and human traffickers. I know he's an antigun, and that sucks but for the most part he seems to be doing a service to his country. Perhaps Obama shouldn't have condemned him for killing drug runners?

>>31595828
I'm not a drug dealer and the Philippines has had a Mexico tier problem with them? If the Mexican government did the same thing I would also praise them.
>>
>>31595828
Those are the kind of dumbasses that put him in power
>>
>>31595864
He's anti gun and pro commie.
>>
>>31595828
Retards who worship him for his brainless machismo can't possibly fathom how anything he's doing could be bad
>>
>>31595711
>We'll just kick him over against the wishes of the natives so that we have another sock puppet in the name of democracy
>against the wishes of the natives
A lot of Filipinos trash him for his foreign policy.
>>
>>31595864
>>31595882

>He's anti gun

How can he say he gives all his support to vigilante (who do most of the work) if that's the case...
>>
>>31595541
>America.
>Being dicks to the Philippines.
Yeah, I suppose all that Typhoon Aid, a military alliance since the 40's, saving them from Communism, and assisting their shitty anti-insurgency is dickhood. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>31595886

>brainless machismo

Aside from giving pure justice to criminals /k/ knows litterally nothing about the guy.
>>
>>31595911
>Aside from giving pure justice to criminals

Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>31595900
Philippine politicians are highly hypocritical. They want tight gun restriction but at the same time arm their goons with illegal weapons. Shit has been like that since the 1940s.
>>
>>31595882
Is he really commie? Is his government taking over private industry and nationalizing it or attempting to enact communist dogma? I know he's siding with the Chinese but my guess is because there is no other global power to side with.
>>
>>31595918

I guess all the narcos and human slavers killed were secretly democrats in cover.
>>
>>31595864
He's also been instituting rather harsh gun laws, too. You know, so it's harder to oppose those government sanctioned deathsquads killing people they deem criminals.

Unless all those threads I see about people calling for an armed revolution in the US or planning how the respond to "gungrabber" deathsquads coming to seize their guns are just being totally ironic.
>>
>>31595911
>pure justice
Would be respecting the institutions of law.

Killing someone out of suspicion is gangster justice.
>>
>>31595936
The Chinese and he keeps trying to nationalize different industries.

And there are many other regional powers, but only one global power.
>>
>>31595950
That's the thing, you see "Duerte's death squads only kill slavers and drug lords" and you believe it because it's exactly what you want to hear.

Regardless of every extrajudicial death squad in history overstepping the bounds of its original targets and simply becoming the largest government-sanctioned gang.
>>
>>31595954

>Would be respecting the institutions of law.

Sadly the philipinas are like Mexico, far too deep in the shit pit for that option.
>>
>>31595663
>practicing ad populum fallacies
no thank you
>>
>>31595951
I already mentioned that. I'm pretty sure he isn't getting harsh condemnations from the media and foreign governments for his gun policy. I doubt the Philippines had awesome gun laws to begin with.
>>
>>31595957

>only one global power.

Which is on a relative decline and have an awful reputation with its allies in the pacific now that it abandonned ukraine and didn't attack syria despite claims it would do if chemical weapons were used.
>>
>>31595972

His death squads aren't even the majority of the vigilante killings taking place. But in all honesty, philipina is such a shit hole at that point I don't really see other solutions.
>>
>>31595864
The problem with their entire government is the country is divided along family lines. Most of the constant conflict is related to feuds. A lot of the "criminals" he's purging at gunpoint are likely former political rivals and gangsters. This has been going on for decades but it's the first time they told us "fuck off" since MacArthur repatriated them from the Japanese. If we didn't have such a tight leash on the Japanese they'd be balls deep in the Philippines right now. China is taking advantage of that. Everybody knows this president has been largely defanged so they're showing their asses until January.
>>
>>31596015
Welcome to Obama's America.

Please don't call our bluff- Obama

If you want to see some pussy shit wait until Hillary and her plan for a "Smaller but (lol) more lethal military"
>>
File: DSC_0863[1].jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0863[1].jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>31595900
Duterte is literally an old style Filipino politician. He's nothing new.

He will say you should not keep firearms/stick to the already harsh restrictions since it's the totally-not-corrupt police's job, will seize weapons, burn them in huge stacks for publicity, while at the same time has some private army armed with weapons illegally bought off from Military surpluses. Not to mention supporting super-abritrary "Vigilantism," banish the fact that vigilantism itself is a crime in the Philippines.

t. PROguns member.
>>
>>31595982
Lol, our drug problem is overhyped by that promdi monkey.

>3 million drug users! Be scared!
>100 million Flips
>Drugs are a vice and there will be millions of them in any country no matter what you do. Hell one wonders how many from those who legalize it.
Meanwhile he lets big drug lords get away.
>>
He's pissing off the US, he's doing something right.
>>31596098
>>31596121
When will leave you for the US, m8?
>>
>>31596140
Lel no. Its shit but it's home.

I'll be here. Duterte will only be there for 6 years. Or hopefully deposed before that. Looks like it anyway with the way he plans to handle the economy & foreign policy.
>>
>>31593525
The Philippines doesn't have the power to be anything other than a vassal state. That is their reality. Choosing the ascendant power that is geographically closer, they do more business with, isn't dumping meth and heroin in their country [or criticizing them for icing the niggers dealing/using it], and is the central hub of global manufacturing just makes sense.

The US can't offer the Philippines anything but more drugs and niggers.
>>
>>31596165
He will be staying unless the US plans a fucking coup.
>>
>>31596189
>The US can't offer the Philippines anything but more drugs and niggers.
Most of the Drugs imports to the Philippines are from Triads in China/Mainland Southeast Asia.

We barely have any black people. A lot of Nigerians come, sure, but those guys are respectable. Who the hell migrates TO the Philippines anyway.
>>
>>31593545
this. Corruption (benefiting China) in Asian countries is massive.
>>
File: Art Bell.jpg (5KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
Art Bell.jpg
5KB, 241x209px
>>31596245
>e. Who the hell migrates TO the Philippines anyway.
Americans who murder their elderly crippled wife so they can marry a young Philippino gal.
>>
>>31596245
>We barely have any black people. A lot of Nigerians come, sure, but those guys are respectable. Who the hell migrates TO the Philippines anyway.
Oh my god.

You niggers really need to go to the US.
>>
File: art-bell-airyn-ruiz-bell-2006.jpg (58KB, 360x267px) Image search: [Google]
art-bell-airyn-ruiz-bell-2006.jpg
58KB, 360x267px
>>31596292
>>
>>31596245
>We barely have any black people. A lot of Nigerians come, sure, but those guys are respectable.
I'm still mad at this shit.

Literally a FUCKING KEK.

It's this kind of cuck who is against Duerte.
>>
As a Flip Duterte is a fucking disaster.

Nonetheless not even his diehard shills will defend cozying up to China.

He's just repaying his campaign financiers.

He's been making rounds around every military camp in the country, bribing soldiers of Glock 30 pistols and stuff.
>>
>>31597825
Why not Glock 20?
>>
>>31595594
>corrupt
[Citation needed]

He's crazy, but not corrupt (yet).
>>
>>31596293
I dunno what going to the US has to do with Philippines barely having any blacks. It's a factual statement.
>>31596482
What are you, 12? Nigerians have been coming to the Philippines ever since Flips went to Nigeria to work in the oil industry there a few decades ago.

In the part of Nigerians, it's mostly students studying seamanship, jesus christ.
>>
>>31598823
Any government official coming from Mindanao is corrupt as fuck. Duterte is not an exception.

Promdi politics has always been worse than Manila politics.
>>
>>31593499
Obongo absolutely BTFO.
>>
>>31595864
>As An American I don't know why I should hate this guy.
Because when you send out armed goons with license to kill any "drug dealers" they see, the definition of that term can, and often does, quickly morph into meaning "anyone who pisses me off, or has something I want".
>>
>>31601035
> armed goons with license to kill
When you have a problem and its hard to control, people get desperate.
>>
>>31599001
Every filipino gubmint official is corrupt as fuck. Where do you think those pork barrel "Priority Development Assistance Fund" money went?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE6NGFnpayk
>>
>>31602164
>Every filipino gubmint official is corrupt

I think its everywhere. When not-rich people get into power, they often times are motivated by selfish wants & desires.
Its why people like Bezos & Gates fund ideas. They got all the crazy jack to do what ever they want, so once that desire is satisfied they progress to more philanthropic goals. Its a big reason why I prefer Trump over Hillary.
>>
>>31602204
>desire is satisfied
Like,never
>>
>>31595957
>nationalizing different industries
Yes things like power, railways as well as public transport

No countries in their right mind would let national backbone infratructures being privatized
>>
>>31596165
>Duterte will only be there for 6 years.
6 years is long enough to cause 60 years of suffering. Get rid of him while you can.
>>
>>31599001
You spelled Luzon wrong. Most of the problems and corruption the Philippines has been plagued with has been due to poor leadership from Manila.
>>
>>31595828
>Hur dur evil blackman is going to take guns and send fed deathsquads with fema
>Duterte is the best, all those criminals deserve exactly what came to them

It's just the lowest common denominator kind of people who seem to be slowly infecting /k/

>>31595864
You sound like you're smoking crack if the answer isn't obvious to you. Don't worry, Duterte will save your neighborhood by sending in death squads to kill you. No need to worry about pesky things like rule of law, innocent until proven guilty, or even actual proof itself.
>>
Duterte shouldnt just kill the drug dealers, but also kill their families.

It is their fault, after all, for not being able to control their spouses/sons/daughters. If they are poor, they should sell themselves as slaves or something. But never ever deal with drugs. Duterte must establish this as a law of nature: Deal with drugs = instant death

Same would also solve the Mexico problem
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.