[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR build thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (66KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 640x478px
so I'm about to build my first AR, starting with an Anderson stripped lower. this is my first non budget AR, and I'm thinking about getting the PSA lower parts kit that includes the Geissele ssa. worth it or no? also for more of a precision rifle I'm assuming the 20" barrel would be better than the 16"
>>
Barrel length and accuracy is all about what type of ammo your going to use. If your going to use higher grain ammo, you will get better accuracy with a longer barrel, otherwise it won't make much difference in accuracy.

Be a rebel, go with a 30 inch barrel.
>>
File: 7258641110_0c8ede3682_b.jpg (316KB, 1024x635px) Image search: [Google]
7258641110_0c8ede3682_b.jpg
316KB, 1024x635px
Not OP, but I'm highjacking. Which ambi lowers are there out there & which one should be avoided?
>>
>>31590370
I've got the sd-e, it's an outstanding trigger, it's a very light 2 stage with a quick reset that could be a handful for inexperienced shooters or shooters used to GI triggers. The ssa-e is a great trigger as well, again light with the same caveats as above. You might want to look at Bergara barrels if you've yet to purchase one.
>>
>>31590422
ITT anon not only falls for the longer barrel = moar accuracy meme but spreads that lie to other stupid anons.
I love this place.
>>
>>31590483
I would also like to know this.
>>
>>31590681
>what is sight radius
>what is muzzle velocity
ITT anon shitposts in a half assed attempt to derail the thread with a flame war. Go away.
>>
File: 1378137062741.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1378137062741.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
>>31590780
>I would also like to know this.

Since no one is replying, I'll share those I'm aware of.

The gold standard used to be AXTS' lower, but they started focusing on their full rifles build & I'm not aware of any way of getting a lower only nowadays.

Other options:
https://www.santantactical.com/stt-2794
https://www.cmttac.com/ar15%20ambi%20lower-ambi%20lower
http://www.megaarms.com/ar-15/ (multiple versions)
>>
>>31590370
Doubt you're heading out to Camp Perry, either will likely suit your purposes fine, the quality and weight of the barrel should be your prime consideration. That depends on what you want to do with rifle, e.g. bench shoot, 3 gun, etc.
>>
first time builder here too. I just got my stripped anderson lower. I want a pistol build badly. is this palmetto kit okay? http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-5-56-1-7-nitride-keymod-pistol-kit-77932604.html

and then if I want the kak blade it should fit on it with the parts the blade kit comes with right?
>>
>>31590370

I got exactly what youre talking about as my first too OP

Anderson lower with SSA-E trigger and magpul furniture. BCM cold hammer forged 16 inch should arrive today.

My anderson lower did not like the PSA parts kit roll pins. The trigger gaurd was incredibly difficult but the other is still jammed. Im taking it to my tool shop today and I think Im going to drill it out
>>
>>31590422

you're a dumb cunt
>>
>>31590941
Accuracy doesn't increase continually as sight radius and barrel length increase famalam
>>
>>31590370
20'' AR and 18" 12g are within an inch of each other. and you know how many people push shottys for HD. They feel like real rifles

16" is light and really compact

it sounds like you wanna push its shooting limits so id say 20''. and if youre gonna spend $$ do it on your trigger and barrel
>>
>>31591860

I did the same thing and the damn trigger guard roll pin took a good amount of fucking time by pounding it with a 3 pound rubber pallet and a 5 pound straight bar to drive it through. WD-40 was applied liberally as well.

It went go in but marred it around the edges a bit.
>>
>>31591909
Obvious trolling is obvious. First, regarding barrel length, there is a distinction between precision and accuracy. Second, length of radius and muzzle velocity pertain more to the latter more than the former. get back to us when you you can put ten rounds in the X and 10 rings at 600 yrds with 10 mph cross wind with a pistol. Until then, STFU, you have know idea what your talking about.
>>
File: IMG_0936.png (122KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0936.png
122KB, 750x1334px
>>31592105
Almost had me m8 gr8 b8
>>
File: Screenshot_20161007-134406.png (376KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161007-134406.png
376KB, 1440x2560px
>>31592251

Different anon here but I thought I'd show you what he meant. The only times I've seen people actually care about the difference was in college for EE
>>
>>31592105

I misread this the first time I looked at it. What the fuck are you talking about anon? Longer barrel does not equal more accuracy or precision but neither does a short barrel. I think I remember you need at least a certain amount of barrel length depending on twist twist depending on what round youre shooting and after that it's no difference but going from 16 to 24 won't make your groups any tighter assuming you account for drop
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.