[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do Israeli troops stack up against western counterparts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

File: goyimgetsdominated.webm (1016KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
goyimgetsdominated.webm
1016KB, 640x360px
How do Israeli troops stack up against western counterparts?
>>
They don't. Israel looks competent because everyone around them is even shittier.
>>
Okay at best

They play the home-field advantage pretty well, well funded, and fight against comically inept enemies.
>>
>>31589370
now i have to know where this is from?
>>
>>31589396
>>31589405
Basically these
They look really good because it's extremely easy to BTFO arabs
>>
File: WW3startedObama.jpg (95KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
WW3startedObama.jpg
95KB, 560x373px
They run Hollywood so you believe it!
>>
>>31589490
/thread
>>
>>31589484
This
>>
File: 1475676844559.webm (1MB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
1475676844559.webm
1MB, 1280x546px
>>31589370
>>
>>31589494
>world war to blame the economic crash on
>implying Bush isn't mostly to blame
>>
File: 1472656616773.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472656616773.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>31589515

>trying to bodyshame beautiful people
>>
>>31589535
>I dont understand whats going on the post
In a nutshell Bush 1 and Billy Clinton (and world leaders) rolled back safe guards on a variety of industries that dated back to the great depression. This combined with abuses in the housing markets (lending to people who couldnt afford their payments) caused the global recession.
>economic changes take about 10-20 years to show their effects
>Obama has tried methods proven to be ineffective from the 30's
>>
File: 1396110329897.jpg (67KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1396110329897.jpg
67KB, 282x341px
>>31589553
>Cast to play Wonder Woman
>Skinny as a twig with no muscle tone.
>>
>>31589889
you forgot

>can't act
>can't speak
>can't do her own stunts
>>
>>31589889
It's not like the comic version of WW was fucking buff or anything
>>
>>31589889

It's Hollywood. It's supposed to make stuff look good, not be realistic.
>>
From actually having worked alongside the IDF and been to Israel, my impression is that they are a competent force. They certainly aren't bad, but they aren't as amazing as the hype.

Really the biggest problem with them is that they buy into their own propaganda about being amazing, and it makes it difficult to correct them. Extreme over confidence is a killer.

Also their cultural shrieking about the Qassam rockets is so massively out of proportion to the threat the rockets pose that I find it hard to take seriously.
>>
>>31589490
/thread

Even a delta/cag operator said the israeli military is complete shit because they havent operated against anything better than fucking rioters
>>
>>31590253
they did roll over the Egyptians....which is still a shit tier army.
>Gypos mass Army in Siani
>IDF cuts off thier supply lines
>Gypo Army dies of dehydration
>>
>>31590253

>he must know everything about the military because he was special forces
>>
>>31590253
>Even a delta/cag operator said the israeli military is complete shit
What is the seven day war?

Sounds like he doesn't know shit
>>
>>31590292
>What is the War of Attrition
They even fought the Soviets and Cuban military units that were directly involved in the war
>>
>>31589370
sauce?
>>
>>31590253
>operated against anything better than fucking rioters

It's not like Israel is constantly fighting its neighbors or anything. Are you 12? Read a fucking book.
>>
>>31589370
A foreskin shorter.
>>
File: Q9uHKKnU.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Q9uHKKnU.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>31590746
Lol @ Jews thinking they're good at anything

JIDF pls go, you're very embarrassing
>>
>>31591141
And now a /k/ related thread will devolve into mindless shitflinging because /pol/. Must suck being retarded.
>>
>>31589396
this, I used to be impressed reading about the IDF taking on all their neighbors and winning. Then I fought an arab army in the form of the Iraqi army. Go read "Why Arabs Lose Wars"
>>
File: 1474249832948.jpg (117KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
1474249832948.jpg
117KB, 600x840px
>>31591141
>JIDF
I don't have to be a jew to know that the Israelis faced complete and utter annihilation from Syria, Egypt and Jordan and basically decimated the opposition and came out on top despite the odds

If you weren't an obvious troll you'd have something to say about the initial airstrikes Israel made during operation focus, but since you're pathetic, you can't even formulate a reasonable response other than "m-m-muh jews"
>>
File: yeager.png (24KB, 700x235px)
yeager.png
24KB, 700x235px
>>31591141
i admire Gen. Yeager rly but he says a lot of bullshit, portrays america like they was the savior of europe in WW2
>>
>>31591602
But that isn't bullshit.
>>
>>31591682
talking about a nation exported to the nazis as well till 1942
and only started helping to the allies when SHTF, most of the fight done by the soviets
>>
>>31591742
we stopped 99% of exports to germany in 1939.

And without us, the russians and the brits would have starved to death, ran out of ships, ran out of trucks, ran out of ammunition, hell, ran out of everything.

Face it, without the USA and Lend-Lease, not even talking about the military contribution, Germany starves out Britain and wrecks the USSR. This is historical fact, if you would pick up a book instead of getting your historical knowledge from memes on an Anime board.

I'm not even going to get into strategic bombing or the pacific theater.
>>
>>31591783
yeah you right but its retarded to talk about casulities when compared to the 6,750,000 soviet dead the 292,131 american soldiers is not a lot
And yes america had to help if europe fall Hitler obviously attacks america
>>
>>31591904
>only the Civil War has killed more Americans
>wow lol why are you upset about your casualties its not alot
>>
>>31591783

You arent as smart as you think you are. Use your brain (or google) to find out what would have happened had you not joined the fight with the rest of the world.

Even without the internet you should be able to see that america would have become a 3rd world shit hole had all of europe had turned into new germany.
>>
>>31589370
counterparts are a meme
>>
Their pilots are among the best in the world.
>>
>>31591970
just don't act like america had nothing to do with the war and only joined the fighting beacuse hospitality cuz that's what Yeager saying
>>
>>31591602
>portrays america like they was the savior of europe in WW2
Are you implying allied air superiority born of the Americans wasn't instrumental to winning WW2?
Yeager's certainly in a position to talk about that.
>>
>>31592011
Would have become no more a third world shithole than the timeline where the USSR became half the world.
>>
>>31589370
>reading the Palestine by Joe Sacco
>all the stories of how incompetent the Mossad actually are
>it would be funny if not for the innocent people they torture, for the lack of anybody actually worthwhile
>>
>>31589370
Honestly, its hard to gauge the IDF's abilities. Their victories over Arab armies can give a false sense of awe if you only look at the sheer numbers they had to deal with. Upon further research, however, you'll learn that Arab armies are complete and utter shit. Arab armies cannot into Combined Arms, much less network-centric warfare.

Throughout history, there are plenty of examples of smaller forces beating numerically superior enemies. I find some pyrrhic victories to be more incredible than the situations the IDF found themselves in. The Yom Kippur war could have easily been in Egypt's favor had they solved the many command shortcomings they inherited, but that's asking a lot of a country shaped by Islamo-Arab culture.

Is the IDF superior to the armies they're surrounded by? Fucking yes. They could easily win a war against the entirety of the middle east again. Is the IDF the premier fighting force we're led to believe it is? No one really knows.

Google Millennium Challenge 2002 to see what Islamic armies can be capable of if only they had efficient, trustworthy leadership. Its pretty frightening to think about.
>>
>>31592562
>Referencing Millennium Challenge

I didn't realize Arabs can do speed of light communication via dirty bike and spam missiles from Boston Whalers.

That being said, the IDF was fucking retarded during the 2006 war. Using the same route you always have with tanks is a great way to watch Merkavas cook.
>>
>>31592662
Blue side had access to the same speed of light communication and a carrier group. Sure, it could have been more balanced, but

>H-HAHA IT TOOK 3 OF YOU TO KILL ME
>but ur ded, right?
>>
>>31589370
Somewhat well. By no margin they're proffesional troops that choose military as career, in but they compensate for by abnormally high motivation ("muh first and only line of defence" and "muh Massada won't fall again"), ingenious doctrines/adaptive & flexible fighting style, excellent manpower allocation and above all- lot's of practice (which is among the most important factors). At day's end, young and enthusiastic gets the job done.
Their specialized forces, such as pilots, special forces and other "non-grunt" units are held in high regard- even among leading western forces.
Last thing that has a huge impact on IDF's quality, is the local culture that glorifies the army and prepares people for service since childhood: the army gets access to all personal info and puts tabs on potential kids as soon ass junior school, teenagers spend their summer vacations going to private courses that prepere them for service so that they will arrive to boot camp ass fully fledged soldiers in mental and physical terms, professional civilian personal that volunteers it's skills/knowldge/services to the army and much more.

Does the individual Israeli soldier compares well to a US Muhrin? Not that much. Does an israeli battalion compares to it well? Probably yes.
>>
>>31590842
they provided support, but stopped short of directly involving units, as they didn't want to tangle with the US Navy in the Med
>>
>>31592562
>Islamic armies can be capable of if only they had efficient, trustworthy leadership.

Yeah, but they have Arabs in charge, can't really change that. Give it another 500 years and after they progress past Feudalism, they may be able to field an army comparable to the civilized world.

>>31592704
Yes, but radio actually moves at light speed, the point of doing it by messenger was to overcome ELINT\COMMINT capabilities. Allowing messengers to work with the same instant speed and efficiencies of modern communication makes it a very flawed simulation. Plenty of other problems on both sides with reworking the simulation to fit doctrine, etc., but that one really can't be ignored.

Mostly MC was complete shit and can safely be called a waste of time.
>>
>>31589370
Sauce?
>>
>>31591783
Lend-lease to the soviets was a mistake
>>
>>31593066
>Yeah, but they have Arabs in charge, can't really change that.

yeah and I said

>but that's asking a lot of a country shaped by Islamo-Arab culture.

They got really, REALLY close to looking half-way competent during the Yom Kippur war. Granted, it was mostly superficial, but its hard to argue that something unheard of happened in the chain of command; Arabs kind of worked together to accomplish a single goal for almost 48 hours straight. That's an incredible amount of large scale cohesion and cooperation for the Arab world.
>>
>>31593140
>but its hard to argue that something unheard of happened in the chain of command

Realized I may have written that sentence in a really confusing way. Meant to say that its hard to argue against the fact that the cohesion in the Egyptian military at the time was nothing short of a biblical miracle.
>>
>>31593140
Wasn't saying you said it was possible. It's just important to always remember that they are an entirely backward people and the concepts that make a modern military work effectively are entirely foreign to their culture.

>accomplish a single goal for almost 48 hours straight

Until the predetermined attack plan began to fall apart and local commanders couldn't react to the changing battle. Arabs can fight, that part is easy, but the idea of autonomy of action just doesn't exist. If there is no explicit order from higher command, everything falls apart.
>>
File: IMG_2215.jpg (150KB, 620x321px)
IMG_2215.jpg
150KB, 620x321px
>you will never fly a Mirage III removing kebab
http://youtu.be/xMT4q5OaQBw
>>
>>31593273
>the concepts that make a modern military work effectively are entirely foreign to their culture.

Absolutely. I've been unfortunate enough to grow up among Muslim Arabs as a Maronite Christian. While the Maronite community isn't extremely detached from the shared Arab culture, you will find that things like extra-familial friendships have much more importance among Christian people. Muslims are the kinds of people that stick with their family and cousins for life, never knowing that other relationships can be important. Its why COs in the Arab militaries tend to be from 2 or 3 rich, local muslim families. They don't trust other people worth a damn. The enlisted men are completely cut off from their COs, and the COs are completely cut off from whoever is the dictator/king/de facto military leader at the time.

You can't have a functioning military without trust; ergo, Muslim Arabs can never have a fully functioning military.
>>
>>31589396
FPBP

IDF can only win against their enemies because of air power. Their ground forces are horribly inept. Last time they went into Lebanon they got their ass handed to them and suffered humiliating losses for the mission achieved.

IDF forces on hostile borders, like Gaza and Lebanon. Get killed or captured in raids all the time. Even when they are posted inside hardened cement watch towers with huge walls around them.

Them women are either in the rear with the gear, or stationed on the safe borders with Jordan and Sinai peninsula Egypt. When co-ed units faced combat, performance was awful.

Officer corps is full of dual citizen foreign volunteers. So their officer corps suffers a lot of brain drain as the foreigner jews return to their home nation after a few years.
>>
>>31593387
>humiliating losses
>121 IDF soldiers killed
>600-800 Hezbollah soldiers killed
>1,191 lebanese killed
>countless lebanese land destroyed

u wot? sounds like a clear-cut victory to me
>>
>>31591602

We were the saviors of Europe. France wasn't going to liberate itself, and Russia needed US aid to keep the Germans from knocking them out early on.

Yeager (like most in this thread) is repeating the standard US military opinion: that the Israelis are good but not nearly as good as America and are just arrogant because they've only fought shitty Arab armies. They might be right.

Of course, America hasn't fought a conventional war against anybody except Arabs in nearly half a century either. Unless you think Panama counts.

Every army insists that they do things the Right Way and that their allies arent all they're cracked up to be. Some of that is national pride, some is doctrine-driven differences that the other army doesn't understand or agree with.

I lean towards the American view but the truth is it's hard to really know. IMO conscript armies will always struggle to keep up with a volunteer force.

>How does the Israeli military stack up?

If you mean tits, pretty damn well.
>>
>>31593665
The dude is a duch and speaks like that probably because he has a personal grudge against Israelis/Jews, but there is some truth to his words: the Second Lebanese was humiliating because we expected to crush them in an instant and without effort, but got a good punch in nose while doing so. This is mostly due to us growing cocky: budget cuts, lowering standards, allowing poor maintenance for equipment- all because we got too comfy being the best army in the region that only fights Arabs anyway.
It important wake up call, and i believe that the lesson was learned, because when we fought pretty much the same people in 2014- the fighting was very measured and professional.
>>
>>31594081
eyy, you're an Israeli? I'm a Palestinian now living in the US. Thanks for making the Galil, its my personal favorite gun I own.
>>
>>31594375
You're most welcome. And don't forget to get a Tavor, and no cheating: buy the expensive version so that we get more shekels to make guns. Also give a try to the new Galil- same thing but in a sexier package.
>>
File: 1472405939299.jpg (106KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1472405939299.jpg
106KB, 1284x980px
>>31594454
>buy the Tavor meme gun

I'm on to your tricks, Dr. Shekelstein.

I'm selling off a Mosin at the moment to get the new ACE.

>mfw people complain about the weight
>>
>>31592562
>Google Millennium Challenge 2002 to see what Islamic armies can be capable of if only they had
The capacity to launch silkworms form fishing boats that mass as much as the missile, with no launch or targeting systems at all.

MC 2002 was absolute fucking garbage, hence the officer in question being told to piss off.
>>
>>31594541
MC 2002 was the result of letting a fucking Marine run something.

NEVER let the Marines decide anything. You end getting stuck with shit like 3 round bursts for 25 years.
>>
>>31594565
>>31594541
ok jesus im sorry, I was a faggot spouting off an ebin maymay. Can we just agree that arab armies are shit and the IDF might be too?
>>
>>31594615
No. Go sit in the corner.
>>
>Muh America won WW2
and look where we are today
Thanks America, for aiding the communists
>>
>>31589370

Absolute shit.
>>
File: witness_REE.jpg (169KB, 900x900px)
witness_REE.jpg
169KB, 900x900px
>>31589370
It's been asked multiple times now. Give me this source of this right now dammit
>>
>>31589370
http://www.everyjoe.com/2014/09/01/politics/why-arab-armies-bad-worthless/

>This may piss some people off; the Israelis have routinely stomped the Arabs so badly not because the Israelis are so great. In fact, outside of a few units the Israelis are just decent citizen soldier militia, nothing very special. But fighting the Arabs even just decent militia can shine.
>>
>>31594942
this
i know this is not /r but fucking dammit /k
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.