[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Benelli Nova vs. Mossberg 500 vs.Remington 870

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: BenelliNovaTactical.jpg (24KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BenelliNovaTactical.jpg
24KB, 800x600px
Which is generally the best? Nova has an inovative 1 pc polymer design, mossberg 500 has 100% parts exchangability with other 500s(including 590a1), and idk what to say about the 870 its just super popular.

Also, funny how you normally see only the 870 instead of the 500/590 in video games.

Pic related.
>>
>>31589270
Functionality, there's few differences between a 500/590 and an 870. Aside from a few control locations (safety etc) and the material used to make a few parts you're not going to find very many differences. New production 870's have feeding problems. Has a police cruiser 870 that was New that I shipped back to remington to get fixed. It only stayed fixed for a few range trips before it had a hard time ejecting shells and feeding them. Bought a 500 persuader off of classicfirearms for 250 and a stock for another 50 and its worked infinitely better than the 870. Never fucked with a Nova but from the price tag you can just as easily buy a Mossberg 590 for a few more bucks.
>>
>>31589270
I did forget to mention a strength of the 870; it has smooth and tight action.
>>
It's largely preference. I loved the Remington for how smooth and easy the action was but aside from QC problems the load gate was always annoying. At some point the grip angle stopped being comfortable for me. Just in terms of current production quality Benelli is leading those three.
>>
File: hd_590a1.jpg (1021KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
hd_590a1.jpg
1021KB, 2272x1704px
>>31589270
>Which is generally the best?
somewhat subjective, naturally
...my vote is for one of mossberg's guns
i own the 500 & 590a1
never a hiccup regarding firing, ejecting, cycling, with either gun.

if you commit to a mossberg i recommend replacing the factory mag-follower with one from SBE precision

>500 has 100% parts exchangability with other 500s(including 590a1)
with the exception of the
(590a1) magazine-tube
and (590a1) heavy-walled barrel,
the 500 & 590a1 are 100% flippity-floppity
>>
>>31589270
I like the 870 but is more for nostalgic reasons - was the first gun I ever shot. I no longer have that one so when I went to buy a new shotgun 7 or so years ago I picked an 870 tactical model. While I haven't had any feed issues - and only maybe 500 shells through it - the coating is complete shit. It gets surface rust on a semi humid night. B/C of the do not use a mag tube extension any longer the barrels are no interchangeable unless you use a spacer of some sort.

Why it sucks to admit, they don't make the 870 like the use to. If I ever get a chance to pick up an old blued wing master on the cheap I would, but I would never recommend buying a new rem870. And I say that as a fanboi.

I would even say the cheap pardner 870 clone is a better option.

Sad to see one of the most popular pump guns of all time go to shit.
>>
Maybe I'm biased, but I've always loved my Supernova. Action is smoother than a 500, in personal experience hunting it's more reliable than a 870. I like how it's a middleground between the two shotguns.

There isn't much difference between the Nova and Supernova besides a few different features.
>>
>>31589270
My personal pick is a nova, but I usually suggest a Mossberg if someone asks as they're more user configurable if you want a different stock\ forend\ whatever and aren't a Remington (no problem with design, just shit QC, and immediately rust).

Why I go Nova:
I like the polymer for lightness\ no rust. I like the option of the mag cutoff for single loading slugs\ different shot or whatever. Can add mag extension (500 can't 590 can). I didn't mind chopping the stock to get LOP right.

Only problem I have with feeding is with the last round hanging up from an extended mag tube. Need to either replace the spring or add a spacer.
>>
>>31590625
Basically just the stock, can be replaced on Super, one piece with receiver on Nova
>>
>>31590667
>Only problem I have with feeding is with the last round hanging up from an extended mag tube.
You using this follower? I had the same problem with my Nordic +6 mag tube and that teflon follower. It doesn't fully insert into the chamber, to push the final round all the way in. You can try to file it, or just use the original follower, it works just fine.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/660691/nordic-components-low-drag-teflon-coated-shotgun-magazine-follower-12-gauge-aluminum
>>
>>31590763
Nah, using the original, Spring is just too weak to kick the last shell onto the elevator reliably.
>>
>>31589270
Nova, no contest. Benelli makes wonderful shotguns.
>>
Suggest my an old timey double barrel that isn't crazy expensive. Say $2k or under, appreciated
>>
>>31590801
But yeah I can pull out the spring and stretch it a bit to get it running for a while, it's just a shitty spring that came with whatever extension I bought.
Now that this thread has me thinking about it just gonna go ahead and order this to fix it
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/482728/benelli-magazine-spring-long-super-black-eagle-ii-m1-m2-supernova

Thanks /k/, been ignoring that shit for a while since I don't really use this shotgun.
>>
File: gross.jpg (37KB, 645x370px) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
37KB, 645x370px
>>31589270
>>31590458
>if you commit to a mossberg
somebody punch me
...im over here replying to op as if hes talking about buying a gun
>>
>>31590865
What do you mean by old timey. If it's just a novelty kind of purchase grab a century or stoeger. For a little nicer sxs Mossberg Silver reserve or CZ coach gun. If you want to spend more on a SXS for slightly classy looks I know nothing about this thing
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/taylors-and-co-wyatt-earp-side-by-side-coach-shotgun-12-gauge-20-barrels-2-rounds-walnut-stock-blued-839665007181.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

For over\unders you're going to want a better opinion, but CZ makes some acceptable ones, 2k can also get you a Browning Citori with some shopping
>>
>>31590458
Even the Mag tube and barrels are swappable, they just have to go as a set, obviously.
>>
Chose supernova primarily for aesthetics, I love it. Not as much aftermarket for the supernova, but I love the feel of it. Only bad part is that barrels through benelli are nearly as much as the gun itself.
>>
>>31589270
As others have stated, the Mossberg 500 is more reliable than the new 870's.
I don't have any experience personally with the benelli.
I'd personally find a nice used 870 wingmaster.
Although they changed a lot over the years, this is a prime example of the preferred model.
Vented barrel and this specific woodwork on the stock and foregrip are the easiest ways to identify them.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/589230981
>>
>>31589270
Nova/Supernova is my personal favorite. I would recommended you buy a magazine extension since it's stock capacity isn't that great.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.