[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are bump helmets worth it? or should I just buy a pasgt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

Are bump helmets worth it? or should I just buy a pasgt?
>>
These are a better choice, incoming bullets get stuck to the Velcro for enhanced stoppage.
>>
Bump helmet seems useless, unless you're only facing low velocity shrapnel.
>>
>>31586668

Or falling debris, which is unlikely unless you're in a Michael Bay movie.
>>
>>31586282
They're fucking retarded. Buy the PSAGT. If you somehow can't handle the weight, you should probably get back in your iron lung.
>>
>>31586282
>Are bump helmets worth it?
no
>or should I just buy a pasgt?
no
>>
>>31586668
But how will the gear queer anons live out their operator fantasy without their helmet? let them keep pretending.
>>
>>31586783
>PSAGT
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>31586282
If you want one? Whats the purpose? You can go full Delta and get a pro-tec full cut. You posted one that looks ballistically resistant btw.
>>
>>31586818
It's called a typo.
>>
>>31586282
Great NVG and comms platform, IIIA versions aren't that different weight-wise compared to other helmets. I'm more interested in the Airframe desu senpai

also don't get the chink copies
>>
>>31586668
If you're buying a helmet to protect it from bullets, you've fucked up
>>
>>31587316
That's one of the most idiotic statements I've read on this site.
>>
>>31587425
No helmet will regularly stop any bullet but low velocity pistol rounds
>>
>>31587589

wrong again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xVuRb_kGhY
>>
>>31587589
Rounds from extreme distances and glancing shots have been stopped by MICH and ACH helmets.

And you know if you're wearing a helmet expecting shrapnel, there's probably going to be lead flying as well.
>>
>>31587589
Except helmets are rated for specific things, and 3A WILL stop high velocity pistol rounds.
>>
>>31587612
>Regularly
You fucking retard

>>31587660
I'll give you that, shouldn't have said low velocity
>>
I like mine, IIIA rated. I know if i'm gonna start takin rounds to the head, obviously i'm doing something wrong.
I have it to not need it.

Price wise? Pasgt would've been the cheaper option
>>
Don't worry about a helmet unless you need something to mount nods.

You're not a light infantryman, you're not gonna be on the receiving end of a rocket attack.
>>
File: bhdloadout12[1].jpg (157KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bhdloadout12[1].jpg
157KB, 800x600px
>>31586668
>>31586747
the name says it all
there's plenty of shit out there to hit your head on and with advances in material science you can even get some ballistic protection for little weight but unless you just want to cosplay, are planning on spending time in a warzone, or actually need the mounting surfaces to play with nods but can't afford thor tier stuff it's a waste of money.
>>
ITT:

Special needs operators require a helmet to stop themselves from slamming their head into the wall.
>>
>>31587874
twenty first post best post
>>
>>31586282
>Are bump helmets worth it?
Depends on what you're doing.
Lightweight, good for NOD work, good fitting liners, protects your retarded head.
The best part about bumps is that they're lightweight.

>or should I just buy a pasgt?
Fuck that hot garbage.
Best part about the Pasgt is that they're no longer being issued.
>>
>>31587874
>it's babies first I've never actually done stuff outside post
I'm not saying you need a bump helmet in a SHTF scenario, but don't pretend like they don't have a legit use.
>>
>>31586282
if you're just looking to mount comms, headlamps or NVG's, a bump will do, if you're concerned about ballistic protection, no, then you will want to quadruple the amount you would spend on that ops core fast bump, and get the ballistic one.
>>
>>31587874
>special needs operators
kek
>>
>thinking you'll ever need to use a helmet
Get one if you want, but neither are "worth it" unless you have the expensive equipment to mount on it.

A hat is better in every way, shape and form unless you're operating in a construction zone or mountain climbing.
>>
>>31586282
You can only pull off a bump helmet if you're a tier 1 operator, might as well get a skate helmet
PSAGT is pure sex
>>
You will literally never have a use for a """combat""" helmet.
>>
>>31586282
Pasgts are really uncomfortable. I would just pony up for a MICH/ACH if you need ballistic.
>>31587589
State of the art is the ECH which is said to stop 7.62x39. There are also slap on armor up panels for Opscores that do the same.
>>
>>31587678
>all that gear
>medical cross is sharpie'd on
I love it
>>
>>31589228
It looks cool in load out threads, faggot.
>>
>>31589241
agreed. MICH TC2000 is lighter and much more comfortable than a pasgt
>>
>>31586282

Depends on how you expect to use a helmet.

Good bump helmets, like the Ops-Core FAST Bump or the Team Wendy EXFIL LTP have excellent liners that have a pretty solid lock on your head even when you're not wearing the chinstrap. Obviously, they have no ballistic protection. However, they're much lighter than any ballistic helmets and are very stable platforms from which to mount NVDs or cameras. Useful for airsofters or anyone that doesn't expect to encounter explosives anytime soon.

If you DO want ballistic protection, do NOT get a PASGT. It's horribly outdated and unnecessarily heavy by modern standards. Plus, ACHs and LWHs are both available at sub-$300 prices online. The problem with these is that they're not nearly as comfortable, and you'll have to drop $100-$150 on a new suspension if you want the rock-solid fit that high-end bump helmets can provide.

Finally, there are the super-helmets: Ops-Core FAST Ballistic, Team Wendy EXFIL Ballistic, and Crye Aiframe are lighter due to use of more advanced composite materials. They have high-quality suspensions coupled with superior ballistic protection. Unless you're an operator, you probably won't need these. But if you're rich you can buy them no problem.
>>
>>31589241

The Velocity Systems SLAAP requires government credentials of some kind. Just a heads up.
>>
>>31589253
Not as cool as Slavshit.
SPHERA is love
SPHERA is life
>>
>>31586282
Serious question here... Why the fuck do you need a helmet?
>>
>>31589612

>need

What's it like being poor
>>
>>31587589
Time to stop posting
>>
File: VM-10971.jpg (101KB, 800x800px)
VM-10971.jpg
101KB, 800x800px
>>31586282
Bump helmets are good for climbing and rappelling, can also generally be used for NVG's, headset mount, light mounts, camera, etc.

Kevlar is good for all of that, as well as more protection from shrapnel, bullets(to a certain extent), etc.
>>
>>31589332
Sfera is cool and all but they look ridiculously large unless you're a big guy. I've seen only one person pull off that look, and he was in some spec ops unit that specialized in asset recovery and vehicle destruction.
>>
>>31586282
Can you mount Gen 1+ NV on it?

http://www.opticsplanet.com/armasight-vega-mini-night-vision-monocular-gen-1.html?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=ba-InRangeTV

Ian and Karl did a commercial for them, can't be horrible.

They also have a 5% off code.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3HLcrBEqYc
>>
>>31589612
mounting NVG or a gopro
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.