[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to be a /k/ommando

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Family rifle lookalike.jpg (246KB, 1600x568px) Image search: [Google]
Family rifle lookalike.jpg
246KB, 1600x568px
well /k/, im finally one of you. My grandfather hs passed down to me the family Arisaka. His father took it off a dead japanese soldier in ww2 and it has served us well in our hunting pursuits for more then 70 years now. I dont have the picture of it as it is being shipped to my local gun store as we speak but I have a nice description of it. It is an Arisaka type 99 that has been sporterized to fire 300 savage rounds. Which brings me to the question, where can I buy 300 savage rounds for cheap?
>>
ammoseek is your friend

http://bulkammunition.net/hornady-82221-superformance-300-savage-sst-150-gr-200-rounds.html?acc=a87ff679a2f3e71d9181a67b7542122c
>>
>>31585253
Thanks friend. What do you recommend for cleaning it?
>>
Does anyone have any recommendation for a scope I can slap on this thing? Hunting deer is gonna be a pain in the ass with just ironsights.
>>
>>31585265
wait who did this conversion to 300 savage?
>.308 bullet ≠ .311 bullet
this could be a bad thing to shoot.
Not a blow-up-in-your-face bad but a destroying the barrel bad.
>>
>>31585352
my great grandfather went to a gunsmith. He redid the barrel and chamber. Like I said, this thing has seen a lot of action in its 70-80 years and hasnt had any problems.
>>
File: cheeki.jpg (38KB, 460x537px) Image search: [Google]
cheeki.jpg
38KB, 460x537px
>>31585352
I should also point out though that it hasnt been used in 10 years. Really what im thinking is I just need to have it cleaned out and have a few parts greased up and it shouldnt blow the fuck up.
>>
Here is a shameless self bump because I still need advice about this thing.
>>
>>31585349

A recommendation is really dependent on how much money you are willing to spend. Sounds like you're poor af if you're hunting with a sporterized Arisaka.
>>
>>31585349
I'd suggest you leave the poor rifle alone. Keep it as a family heirloom, because any scope you mount on it is going to require drilling a mount into the receiver. As for cleaning just make sure you clean the bore after shooting. You can clean it with any solvent that you like, I use hoppes. Disassemble and clean the bolt every couple of months or when you suffer a malfunction. Keep the metal parts well oiled to prevent rust. Sounds like a cool rifle.
>>
>>31586325
i'd agree with this. keep it as an heirloom and just shoot it occasionally if you feel like it. buy a
$300 bolt gun if you want cheaper ammo and accessories.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.