[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know if flanged maces are illegal to open carry in new jersey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (821KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
821KB, 800x600px
Anyone know if flanged maces are illegal to open carry in new jersey?
>>
>>31584433
2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 2C - THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Section 2C:39-3 - Prohibited weapons and devices

e.Certain weapons. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any gravity knife, switchblade knife, dagger, dirk, stiletto, billy, blackjack, metal knuckle, sandclub, slingshot, cestus or similar leather band studded with metal filings or razor blades imbedded in wood, ballistic knife, without any explainable lawful purpose, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

TL;DR, illegal. Any prosecutor worth one single grain of salt will argue that a flanged mace is on par/worse than a billy/sandclub/blackjack.
>>
File: 1471928324774.png (428KB, 499x652px) Image search: [Google]
1471928324774.png
428KB, 499x652px
>>31584433
>>31584901
Lawful purpose, you do not have a lawful purpose. Self defense is seldom a lawful purpose in nj, especially not with a mace.

You could also be charged with menacing, brandishing, and disturbing the peace. In NJ the best self defense is a non-spring assisted pocket knife and 3/4oz of pepper spray...
>>
File: flail.jpg (36KB, 700x415px) Image search: [Google]
flail.jpg
36KB, 700x415px
>>31584433
>not a flail
>>
what about just a baseball bat?
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1162x850px
>>31584975
>buying a practical versatile weapon instead of a shitty weapon that almost never saw use in combat
i apologize for my horrible mistake

>>31584992
im going as a crusader for halloween and they arent very good at baseball
>>
>>31584901
That's not how law works. They can't say "well, this fucking thing is worse then banned things", if it's not on the list then it's not covered by that code. A German longsword would not be covered, despite being a damn sight more dangerous then a dirk.

That said. They could charge you with burglary tools, however. For breaking windows or heads.
>>
>>31585017
I don't know what the specific definition of dirk is, but depending on the definition"dirk" or "dagger" can apply to many fixed blades. Some states may require that it's sharpened on both sides. Some states may require that it's "designed for stabbing." Some states may even apply the law to dagger-bladed folding knives.
>>
>>31585017
No, just no. In court the mace will be considered a billy club and the sword would be a dagger or dirk. It would come down to the judge but it's New Jersey, the judge will be anti-weapon. Not to mention the cops who will arrest on the suspicion of breaking that law. Maybe though just maybe. you can carry the mace and convince them you're a collector and your walking to friend's house or something I dont know.
>>
File: Mace.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Mace.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>31584433

Just carry a non-flanged mace instead.
>>
>>31585002
if it's halloween and you go in costume, you should be fine.
>>
SCOTUS recently told Massachusetts to reconsider their ban on pepper spray in light of D.C. v. Heller. If you could make the case that this is a legitimate self-defense weapon, you might be able to get the NJ law weakened or thrown out. But I wouldn't want to be the test case even if I thought I would eventually win. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/21/supreme-court-overturns-stun-gun-ban-in-light-of-heller/
>>
>>31586570
^ pepper spray and stun guns
>>
Only if you're running a cleric. DM's call.
>>
>>31584901
Jesus, that's like everything.
>>
>>31584901
I like how they even mention a cestus. Wtf did gladiators break out in fucking NJ one day?
>>
>>31589891
>he doesn't know about the Roman Uprising of '73
>>
>>31584975
>>31585002
literally only used by cavalry, the chain is supposed to transfer less impact force to the wielders arm when he smacks a bitch
>>
File: 1333562303206.png (567KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1333562303206.png
567KB, 1024x768px
>>31585002
>im going as a crusader for halloween and they arent very good at baseball
Pretty sure Saladin and King Richard played a game of baseball, senpai.

Saladin knocked the ball an Acre away.
>>
Quick, someone invent a machine that uses a flanged mace as a detachable keyed (for safety) lever or something
>>
>>31585002
>without lawful purpose.
It's a Halloween costume, any judge would consider this lawful purpose. You are fine to open carry whatever in fuck crusader weapon you want
>>
>>31586739
funny
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 500x610px
>>31590252
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.