[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firearms Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9

File: Leveraction_of_the_future.jpg (256KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Leveraction_of_the_future.jpg
256KB, 800x1200px
We've all had good/bad ideas for firearms. Let's hear some of yours.

One of the problem with tube magazine lever actions is the limits to what bullets you can use- pointy ones being a bad idea. My idea is for a lever action that uses the new cased telescoped ammunition types. That way you can safely load spitzer points in a tubular magazine.

Classic looks plus modern performance.
>>
File: 44rf.jpg (118KB, 1653x721px) Image search: [Google]
44rf.jpg
118KB, 1653x721px
Another idea is to bring back the .44 Henry rimfire cartridge. Many jurisdictions (in the US and around the world) have strict restrictions on centerfires (mag caps, semi auto, etc), but looser ones on rimfires. So, bring back the large rimfire to get near-centerfire performance without centerfire restrictions.

Something like the helical magazine from the Bizon SMG would help with feeding issues in a semi-auto.
>>
File: 1896open.jpg (96KB, 1076x622px) Image search: [Google]
1896open.jpg
96KB, 1076x622px
On the "everything old is new again" theme, some of the innovations in modern manufacturing should allow for more parts for old guns. It'd be nice to have a made-to-order system for spare parts. There are lots of older firearms that could easily be restored to working order with just a few spare parts that are next to impossible to find.
>>
File: Gyrojet01_zpsbco0zcvj.jpg (197KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
Gyrojet01_zpsbco0zcvj.jpg
197KB, 800x520px
Gyrojet ammo with a small regular charge at the base to accelerate it quickly before the rocket kicks in. This is in case the target is very close.
>>
I had recently considered the benefits of making helical magazines for more than just the Calico firearms, at least in the US.

I know communist countries already have some for various AK patterns and some other shit, BUT..... What if?
>>
>>31582221
>helical magazines
Well, the good news is that it looks like the old patents have lapsed. Maybe that will help encourage new ones in future.
>>
Belt fed 12 gauge machine gun. I want to make it a thing.
>>
File: saiga-12_belt_400.jpg (111KB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
saiga-12_belt_400.jpg
111KB, 400x260px
>>31582641
Belt fed saga 12
>>
>>31582641
Here's another
>>
File: Nagant battery.jpg (84KB, 1216x861px) Image search: [Google]
Nagant battery.jpg
84KB, 1216x861px
>>
>>31582736
So, a Nordenfelt-Nagant combo?
>>
File: GUN.png (526KB, 1366x737px) Image search: [Google]
GUN.png
526KB, 1366x737px
>>
>>31581398
Machinist here.
I actually do this quite often, mostly for friends.
>dont shoot my dog
I refuse to make sears anything remotely close to a shoelace automatic.
>>
>>31581432
So a bolter with a non-ridiculous caliber? Interesting
>>
>>31582736
So a really hard to reload volley gun?
>>
>>31582837
THE CALIBER OF THE BOLTER IS NOT RIDICULOUS. WHAT IS RIDICULOUS IS THE FACT THAT YOU WOULD DARE QUESTION THE WILL OF THE EMPEROR!
>>
>>31581432
I've thought of something like this too. It's got two parts, one that uses gunpowder and the rocket part. The gunpowder stage fires the rocket stage like a normal bullet. The explosion from the gunpowder ignites a fuse on the rocket, which ignites the rocket shortly after leaving the barrel. The fuse can be different for different calibers, i.e small calibers have a short fuse time whereas large calibers have long fuse time.

Its probably a bad idea that would backfire spectacularly, but whatever.
>>
>>31581398
While that isn't that difficult conceptually, anything with handfitting would again require hand fitting the parts, so no drop in. Not to mention the potential for new parts being stronger than the old ones, possibly causing faster wear of the old.

But those are mostly hiccups. Getting the specs would be shit.
>>
>>31582641
Apparently that's an issue of the hulls durability as belt fed actions are often violent. I have the same dream, but I want a 20 gauge HK21.or at least a roller delayed/locked shotgun. Just so the OS still has a reason to exist. But, it ain't gonna happen. Couldn't even get rimless or full polymer shells to succeed in the market
>>
>>31583901
This was me:
>>31582788
The way i get around the handfitting issue is basically making the parts as close as possible to the original. Usually with some digging i can find a diagram, failing that i look at pictures and study wear surfaces on touching parts for guidance.
Faster wear? Time has yet to tell. I have in the past beefed up older parts touching the ones i was replacing by tig welding over and lapping it back to original size, essebtually making the contact surfaces new steel touching new steel.
>>
>>31581362

As europoor I can tell you this would just end in stricter laws for Rimfire ammunition

I want off the europoor ride
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.