/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Henry AR-7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Survival-xray.png (253KB, 900x426px) Image search: [Google]
Survival-xray.png
253KB, 900x426px
I don't know if this belongs here or /out/

Anybody own this? I spend a lot of time camping/backpacking and would like a small rifle like this

Just wanted some opinions
>>
>>31580904
The Henry made ones are ok.
But really, a Ruger 10/22 Take-Down model does everything it does better, in a package that ultimately isn't that much bigger.
>>
>>31581012
I have an old 10/22. Not a takedown model. I can get a Henry for $250. Is there any place selling a 10/22 for cheaper?
>>
>>31581062
Not 100% sure, it'd depend on where you are.

I suppose you could sell your old 10/22 and buy a new 10/22 Take Down?
>>
I have an ancient charter arms one, it works well enough if you keep it clean. I had to change the hammer spring on it because it had worn out, but otherwise it was fine. The ergonomics are a bit strange. The charging handle collapses into the bolt for storage, the trigger linkage has no disconnector, just the hammer and trigger. It works through some kind of stoner wizardry, but the reset has a really strange feel to it. The receiver is not centered in the stock, it sits to one side. The sights are basic, and not very visible in low light.
>>
File: DSC_9282.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9282.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
1022 best 22
get the takedown
or
keep your current 1022 and buy a folding stock for small profile
>>
>>31581091

Also have the Charter.

This is the most accurate review of any gun I've ever read.
>>
First gun I bought. I chose it over the Takedown because it can fold into the stock and doesn't need an extra case which I thought was cool.
>plus it was $40 cheaper at my LGS

It's simple to assemble, strip, sight, and operate.

8/10, would recommend.
>>
>>31581137
>underfolder 10/22
Since fucking when, goddamn it I need one now.
>>
>>31583717
It's a Federal Ordnance stock.
>>
The ar7 is ok. It is great if your around water a lot. , assuming the butt pad dosent pop off when you drop it.

It is crude. Hard to aim. And a bit heavy.
There are skeletonized survival rifles , that are a better backpacking option. One that even truns into a fishing pole.

My solution? A mk3 lite pistol. Anything im shooting at on a camping trip. To eat. I will be inside of pistol range.
>>
>>31580904
The stocks are fat cheap. They like to crack.
>>
>>31580904
I have a recent production Henry one.

I take it with me when I go kayaking, It functions well as long as you keep it clean, and don't use nasty ammo.

The sights are ok. and it doesn't take very long to get used to the barrel being off center of the stock.
>>
>>31580904
Not terribly accurate. Quite finicky on ammo.
>>
File: gayr7.jpg (1MB, 2400x1515px) Image search: [Google]
gayr7.jpg
1MB, 2400x1515px
>>31581062
$250 is a screaming ripoff for an AR7. Avoid it on that basis alone. $200 would be pushing offensive. I think I paid $180 NIB years ago and I'm sorry I did. In any form it's the second worst gun I own.

I strongly advise you to spend another $100 to get a 10/22 take down. AR7 a shit.
>>
>>31584241
where did you find all that shit for it?
>>
>>31580904
I was considering an AR 7 a few years ago. /k/ shit all over it so I didn't buy one.
>>
Is there anything out there akin to the AR7 but in a more potent cartridge? I've always thought the same basic concept in a 9mm could be pretty useful, but I've never seen any sign of such a thing.
>>
>>31584476
>what is a sub2000
>>
"Just buy a takedown 10/22"
But that's not the point
The point of the AR-7 is not only to be able to take down, but to be able to carry the gun all in the stock, in one piece.
Sure you COULD just carry the 10/22 in the bag and sure it would be SIMILAR to carrying an AR-7 taken down, but ultimately the intent is different.
>>
>>31584528
Kel tec is for niggers.
>>
>>31584528
It's just a gun that folds in half, though. There are a few carbines like that.

I meant more like how the AR7 disassembles into a compact sealed one-piece package.
>>
>>31581012
>>31581091
>>31583668
>>31584060

Pretty much this.
I have a Henry made one, but it is pretty much a meme gun.
It shoots fine and it does actually float, but it RUSTS very easily, and it is pretty damn junky when compared to other options.
Have they improved? No idea. Mine is around 20 years old and I wouldn't sell it.
It is fun for playing around with, and it would work decently for what you want.
But a 10/22 would be an upgrade in almost every way (except for completely fitting in its own stock)
That's actually pretty sweet
>>
>>31580904
My roommate had one. I say "had" because when I was drunk one night I dropped it in the garage. It fucking shattered. I would of felt bad about it, but decided not to feel at all.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.