[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sawed off shotgun thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (93KB, 620x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 620x230px
I'm thinking about buying a cheap break open and cutting the barrel down, but let's get a thread of ideas going.
>>
It wont break your wrist and you can learn to shoot pretty well with them. Just start the thread off with that before a bunch of faggots state it as fact.
>>
You'll need to file for an sbs
>>
>>31580486
Not that short.
>>
>>31580507
Only going down to 18"?
>>
>>31580430
OP are you canadan?
>>
>>31580561
No
>>
>>31580534
Something like that, yeah.
>>
>>31580430
To keep all the lawfags from shitting it up with a stamp. In the US If you're starting from something that original had a stock (shotgun) you must maintain both a 26" overall length and an 18" barrel. If you are starting with a pistol grip only shotgun or an unfinished receiver (firearm) it must maintain an overall length of 26" but may have a shorter than 18" barrel including a non-stock pistol brace.

Anything else must be authorized through the ATF as either creating an SBS\AOW on a form1 or transferred on a form 4.

We should assume all of these legalities are satisfied and not sperg out about how to follow bullshit laws that shouldn't exist.

To continue, what this dude said >>31580448

They can be a ton of fun and look cool as fuck. I'm a fan.
>>
>>31580651
What kind of grip should o go for? Short stock, pistol grip, birds head...?
>>
File: non_sbs_stubby.jpg (73KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
non_sbs_stubby.jpg
73KB, 800x600px
>>31580754
You could always get one of these, they can have a 14" barrel as long as it has no stock.
>>
>>31580617
Cut down to 18.5", some of the ATF like to be dicks, and will fuck you if it's so much as 1/64 under.
>>
>>31580430
I have always wanted to do this and I have thought about it a lot, if you are going to do something like the one in the picture (without a stock) it kinda defeats the whole purpose of slugs because you will have to shoot it from the hip.
>>
>>31580913
>Slugs

Who the fuck uses slugs?
>>
File: 100_1085.jpg (122KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
100_1085.jpg
122KB, 1024x768px
>>31580754
I like the birdshead on a pump and something like this on a double barrel. No real reason but aesthetics.
>>
File: Firepower-rigAndrews.png (192KB, 225x434px) Image search: [Google]
Firepower-rigAndrews.png
192KB, 225x434px
>>31581105
If you wanna waste some more cash this beast of a rig runs $500 or so from Andrews Leather IIRC
>>
File: Savage_Gold_Wing.jpg (5KB, 448x177px) Image search: [Google]
Savage_Gold_Wing.jpg
5KB, 448x177px
>>31581166
An O/U is fine too.

And that's all my AOW stuff
>>
>>31581025
who the fuck doesn't?
>>
>>31581791
Me, just never saw the point of them.
>>
>>31582091
>never saw the point to a .73cal bullet.
>>
>>31580430
Don't, break actions are a dying breed becasue of this thinking and you would do better to buy a chinky remshit clone and cutting it down instead of destroying a great bird gun.

Or at least buy a Stoeger and have fun polishing what aught to have been polished from the factory.
>>
>>31580830
Fucking what?

They can have a 14" barrel if you want to commit a felony, sure.
>>
>>31580830
Unless he can cut and reweld the receiver that is a felony.
>>
>>31582307
Not if it

1. never had a stock

2. is over 26" overall

If it meets these criteria the barrel length does not matter.
>>
>>31582332
Can you name one double barrel that has never had a stock?
>>
>>31582332
That's an AOW, not a handgun. They don't follow the same rules rifles do.

An AOW is an NFA item. ANY shotgun with a barrel under 18.5" is either an SBS or an AOW, no exceptions.
>>
>>31582332
This.

It is also worth noting the burden of proof is on the ATF to prove that it never had a stock.
>>
>>31582349

18", rather.
>>
>>31582353
And the burden is on your finances to afford the lawyer because you wanted to be cute
>>
>>31582349
Your absolutely right. Any shotgun with a barrel under 18 inches is either an SBS or AOW.

However, one of the key legally defining traits of a shotgun is that it was designed or redesigned to be fired from the shoulder. Technically, if it was never designed or intended to be fired from the shoulder, it is NOT a shotgun and therefore laws regarding shotguns do not apply.
>>
>>31582353
>proof
>ATF

Have fun with that proof when they v& u first and ask questions later
>>
>>31582344
A double barreled slam bang.
>>
File: Serbupgrade.jpg (71KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Serbupgrade.jpg
71KB, 400x400px
>>31582349
No, that's a firearm you ignorant slut, it's non nfa. The people you are arguing with are correct. Shotguns have stocks, AOWs are under 26" overall. If it does not have a stock, and is over 26" it does not matter how long the barrel is.

This is a non-nfa "firearm" as it has no stock and is over 26" long in it's longest position, the manufacturers of such products have submitted samples to the ATF to obtain this ruling. You, spew bullshit on the internet. There is a difference between the two.
>>
>>31582454
The thing both you people are ignoring is the fact it has to be MANUFACTURED with all those features. Which either means you need to mill one out yourself or cut one apart and re weld it
>>
>>31582512
>posts multiple firearms that are made in a factory that way.

>no you have to make it your self

One of these things is not like the other
>>
>>31582512
No, it just needs to have never had a shoulder stock. You can add a brace and cut down the barrel if you want.

Mostly, fuck the NFA and the ATF, it's retarded that this has to be a conversation, but it's a lot easier to make sense of the rules when you don't have people spouting incorrect information when they're ill informed. So, cut it out please.
>>
>>31582512
Right.

So you buy a "shotgun" that came FROM THE FACTORY with a pistol grip installed AND THAT NEVER HAD ANY FORM OF STOCK EVER INSTALLED (ie. Mossberg Cruiser) and install a shorter barrel.
>>
>>31582542
>>31582565
I assumed we were talking about the OP scenario where he buys a double barrel and cuts it down.

>>31582561
Again with the 'never had a shoulder stock' statement, what do you think that means? That's what it fucking refers to, in which case you say the burden of proof is on the ATF yet the burden of proof is on you to get a lawyer to navigate the hell the ATF will drag you through.
>>
>>31582584
Cut it out pls. In general stop trying to be a hall monitor for statists, and specifically stop trying to talk about the rules on shotguns and PGO firearms until you do some research.
>>
>>31582584
>assumed

There's your problem stop doing that.

Also companys are now registering ones they ship without a stock as just a firearm some are selling virgin receivers.
>>
>>31582628
In his defense, it would be fairly easy for the ATF to confirm whether or not the weapon left the factory with a stock by running the serial number. For example, I couldn't do this to my Mossberg 590 because a quick check of the serial number will prove that my particular model never came without a stock.

You also would have to worry about not keeping spare Mossberg stocks around, lest they get you with intent to construct.
>>
>>31582628
If you want to cut down the barrel of your shotgun I believe that it is your right to do so however short you want to but the ATF will have a fit in the event they find out and accusing me of spreading misinformation when what I am saying is correct is retarded. Like I said I assumed this thread was talking about a shotgun purchased with a shoulder stock.

>>31582642
That would be pretty nice if they all came with a legal length barrel but with a pistol grip installed along with a separate stock and just listed those as firearms.
>>
File: image.jpg (279KB, 738x945px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279KB, 738x945px
Close enough
>>
>>31582722
Ones registered as just firearms can not come with a stock.
>>
File: IMG_4637.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4637.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Do it OP.

Did mine to test the waters of NFA items and have no regrets.
>>
>>31582748
Assumed that it meant installed on the gun. Man, that sucks.

>>31583185
>paying a 200 dollar stamp for a 50 dollar gun
Should make a pistol grip and shorten it more to make a backup CC
>>
File: 003.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg (38KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
38KB, 700x525px
So, I've got a busted version of pic related. How short should I cut it? Should I keep the stock or go AOW?
>>
>>31583573
>cut the original barrel
Nigga...
>>
>>31583667
Dude, this isn't George Washington's musket, it's a piece of shit with a sewer pipe on one end and a wire hanger on the other.
>>
>>31583711
Oh, alright then. I'd keep the stock if it works, it's what it makes it neat.
>>
>>31583711
Anyway right now, I'm thinking SBS so I can decide what to do with the stock later and chopping about chopping right at the handguard.
>>
File: IMG_4643.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4643.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>31583455
It was $200 both ways. No fucks given. Inexpensive =/= cheap. Great for shooting slugs.

The barrel is 9.5" and OAL is 16.5". Cant go much shorter on the barrel since the hand guard screw mount is right at the point where the handguard has been reshaped to a curve.

Its tiny enough as it is, though I would like to weld a sling loop the the screw so I can take it down and assemble it without a screw driver. I keep it stored and transported via pic related so quick assembly would be nice.
>>
>>31583753
It works in the sense that it folds and unfolds, I'll do a bit of welding on it to stiffen it up if I keep the stock, but "less than ideal" is the way I'd describe the recoil handling. The buttpad is checkered steel. It is steel, that is checkered. This thing literally has a meat tenderizer for a stock.
>>
>>31583783
You should CC it in a custom holster anyway, if only to troll the cop when he gets there
>someone has a fist sized hole through them
>kick over a .25 acp mouse gun first
>>31583841
Epoxy a rubber buttpad onto it then.
>>
>>31583957
Im eventually getting a shoulder holster for it. Shotgun on one side, shells on the other
>>
>>31583957
>Epoxy a rubber buttpad onto it then.
Not a bad idea, the more I'm thinking, I'm almost certainly keeping the stock, just welding to replace the roll pins and shimming or something to kill the wobble. Still want to lop about 6" off to be more obnoxious at the skeet range though.
It's currently usable one handed, but lightening it up would help a bit.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.