[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firearm transactions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: wew.jpg (248KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
248KB, 1000x1000px
Is it just me or is the gun community extremely flakey when it comes to buying firearms?

>post moist nugget on armslist last week to make room for a more modern bolt action in my safe
>$150 OBO
>get about 40 e-mails in the span of 7 days days
>they all say shit like, "eyy bro u still sellin? im interested."
>Yes, its still for sale. When would you like to take a look at it?
>silence

>next e-mail, "Are you able to meet me at this FFL at this specific time tomorrow? Here's my phone number etc. etc. etc."
>"yeah sure thing, I'll call you up before I leave with the nugget"
>next day, call number
>silence

>"hey bro can u sell me the gun privately without going to an FFL"
>"do you have a CPL/CCW/CC-anything?"
>silence

I feel like I'd have an easier time selling human organs at the local 7/11 than selling a gun to anyone, anywhere. I've had about the same amount of trouble selling my 92FS last year and some shitty WASR-10 the year before.

Please tell me this is a general thing or that I'm trying to sell firearms on the wrong website.
>>
I had a similar experience on armslist. In the "no ffl" case, I assume the buyer was not legit. In all other flaky ass instances, I just said FIDO and waited for a committed buyer.
>>
>>31578973
fug man, worst part is I'm not even trying to gouge prices or some shit. I'm just trying to get rid of this gun and make a mediocre sum back. I thought there would be at least one rabbid nugget fan who would jump at the opportunity to haggle for muh soviet arms.
>>
>>31578973
Just an FYI, most FFL's close near me at about 5 or 6. Meaning if I get off work at 5 and wanted to meet you for the gun it kinda hard to go to an FLL
>>
>>31579012
I get that, I'm not much of a stickler when it comes to shit like that. If you've got a CPL and it isn't expired, chances are you're good enough to sell to privately.

I legit don't even bring up the FFLs. Its always the "buyer" who wants to meet at one. I can't even get far enough into an e-mail conversation to have the FFL issue in the first place.
>>
>>31578893
I'm assuming you're using armslist. It's gun craigslist, you get shit like that because it's craigslist except for guns. The benefit is a wide market, the drawback is a wide market as the more people that see it the more shitty people see it.

The smoothest place to sell will be within an enthusiast community like arfcom or similar for whatever you're selling, but they come with their own breed of autism especially if you're new. The local outdoor trader type boards pretty much concentrate all the shit people from armslist in one echo chamber of tardism. Gunbroker is probably the smoothest overall in my experience, it's gun ebay.

It's not just the gun community, try selling anything (especially a car) on craigslist and you'll get similar results.
>>
You must live in a shithole.

>put .22 on armslist
>get a text
>negotiate price to gas ratio
>meet at parking lot of semi populated store
>exchange materials
>go home
>>
>>31578893
Watches are as bad- fewer legal issues, but more scammers (because you can ship overseas). I figure it's the same for any hobbyist community.
>>
>>31579069
>You must live in a shithole.

I do.
>>
>>31578893
It's not just guns it's leases too.

I've had over 30 people contact me on craigslist some even call and text back, but none have ever taken up my offer. I've taken a lot of money off the lease itself and still no one buys it.

The internet market is rampant with paid shills to make you take down your offer or waste your time.
>>
File: 10006_medium.jpg (71KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
10006_medium.jpg
71KB, 1024x576px
>>31578893
Been on that site a few times. The sellers seem flaky in most saves as well. Emailed several about various firearms in my area. Figure I could spend some of the cash burning a hole in my pocket. 6 or 7 times, the same shit.

"Oh well I don't usually do this but I've been getting so very good offers so the new price is X"

>TFW that fucker tree I'd to squeeze 300 extra bucks out of me.
>>
>>31581024
Wow, I can't even fucking spell today.
>>
File: sumo.gif (2MB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
sumo.gif
2MB, 500x273px
>>31578893
Basically every transaction ive ever done on armslist has involved meeting at a fleetfarm, farmfleet (there is a difference) or cabelas parking lot. Party A pulls out the good, Party B pulls out the cash. About 4-8 sentences are exchanged, both people leave smiling.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.