[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paintball

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: 1280px-NAdo.jpg (161KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-NAdo.jpg
161KB, 1280x600px
Hey anons, Wondering if this is the right place for paintball advice. I'm looking to drop a good couple thousand on my gear and marker. I'm going to pick up a yearly membership at the local field and wanted some advice.

Need everything.
I've been gravitating towards the Tippman X7 and Tippman Chronus for the mil-sim look and will be buying harness and mask/clothing to match that look. Need help figuring out what works best for masks, marker, and harness etc.
also question should I do a remote line or just keep the tank on my gun?
Thanks in advance for the help anons.
>>
Your best bet is to go /asp/ friendo
This is mainly weapons and nerf
>>
>paintball
There's already a thread for this.
>>31574444
>>
File: 1475574452776.jpg (36KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1475574452776.jpg
36KB, 960x638px
bumparino
>>
>>31577206
Bro I can't shoot people with my real guns, I know your a faggot and have a small dick but stop projecting
>>
>>31577204
And I made a thread in /asp/ no one answered.. they are all talking about wrestling and skateboarding.. didn't even care to troll me
>>
>>31577206
lol
>>31577193
don't buy mil-sim shit or buy shit based on looks
if you are starting out buy yourself a Tippman98 it is a great reliyable starter gun and the aftermarket is huge

good upgrades to get out the get is a remote coil and tube belt like the pic you posted

NEVER buy the "flatline" barrel system
it puts a back spin on the ball to keep it straighter longer and further IF and ONLY IF the gun is perfectly upright
if you try to lean out of cover to shot your rounds will fly wild

some upgrades i did to mine
>remote coil from the middle of the gun
>M4 style colapsable stock
>longer aftermarket barrel
>cheapo optic (i've had my 98 since 99 so mine uses a dovetail mount) the newer models have mil-spec rails

as far as other gear get a good mask that wont fog and allows you to breath
go to your local surplus store and buy some camos that match the fields you play on AND a set of tiger-stripe because reasons
you may want to get some gloves because balls on knuckles hurt like a bitch get MECHANIX, or something with a hard knuckle
beyond that you don't need much
>>
>>31577193
Go to
>>>/asp/
>>
File: asp.png (1MB, 1880x823px) Image search: [Google]
asp.png
1MB, 1880x823px
>>31577204
/asp/ is now /wooo/. There used to be a paintball general there but it slowly got bullied out by the wrestling fans.

The airsoft general is still going strong oddly enough though.
>>
File: tippmann-98-custom-sniper.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tippmann-98-custom-sniper.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
this is basically what mine looks like
but the barrel on this is the FLAT LINE
which you should never buy...
>>31577272
also if this thread is still alive after tomorrow i'll dig out my 98 and post a pic

but also you should think about a camelbak too
your gonna get hot and sweaty, stay hydrated
>>
>>31577287
asp is shit now

we are best equipped to point this motivator in the right direction
>>
>>31577193
PB player here

I would go with an A5 from Tippmann
IMO the best allrounder in terms of performance and customisation

> remote lines
are great
it really depends on the marker
if you play with a Tippman 98, go with the tank
if you use something like an A5, go with the remote

mask vise, I would suggest go to your local PB shop and try out a few
you donĀ“t need the best ones, just buy one for ~150 and you're good

specific cloths aren't really nedded, but your best bet would be surplus stuff like german flecktarn and shit like that

I would highly suggest buying a pod carrier
>>
>>31577300
Doesn't matter. Paintball guns are not weapons.
>>>/asp/
>>
>>31577217
gibs me dat
>>
File: 20150513_110832.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150513_110832.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31577293
This anon is only partially right, while the flatline has its problems, it is about the 3 (?) most accurate barrel type on the market unless you start shooting tourni grade paint of first strikes, then there are some different barrels that work differently n such.

My recommendation is find a marker that fits the needs you want on field (BPS, consistency, weight, etc) and work on it from there. From my experience, 99% of the time the more tacticool your gun looks the worse it preforms.

On that note, Tippmann makes solid markers but lack efficiency. They do make great beginner/intermediate level markers. If you want mid/high end with roughly the same reliability, go planet eclipse etek or ego. Easy maintenance, trigger frame is waterproof, light, and small. However if you do want to do the tactishit magfed, milsig, tiberius, (c)rap4, and Tippmann will be the main brands you are looking at, however I can only safely recommend Tippmann for a good magfed marker. Milsig and Tiberius both suffer from stupid high maintenance and can be finicky at times, but they do have some interesting markers. Rap4 is shit, don't even bother.

You can go even more autistic and get custom made markers like the SAR12 or SSR/SR1. Custom/made to order markers tend to be incredibly expensive, fulfill a specific roll and are a pain in the dick to use due to unconventional size and/or function.

As far as masks go, don't cheap out on it. Get a good mask so you don't fog up and get earfucked. I recommend Grillz, dye i4/i5, empire EVS, and empire eflex. Also always ALWAYS get dual pane lenses, if you don't you are a fucking tard

Pic related, some of the autism I've collected over the years
>>
File: 2016-10-06 21.37.11.jpg (251KB, 539x405px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-06 21.37.11.jpg
251KB, 539x405px
Amerifat in Australia for 3 weeks here, I went paintball over here and it was heaps better than the shit in Minnesota.
A couple of the guys there were regulars and had their own gear, most of them were hunters with real firearms too.

Pic related are two guys who were fucking us every game.
>one guy carrying 900pb and a Tango1 covering the flanks while the other guy sniped us from 50yards out with his APEX barrel.

The one on the right had a Vforce V-Flex which he said he played in pouring rain in a few weeks back and he could see his breath in the air but his mask didnt fog up, cost him $120 he said.

X7 Phenom was actually his scenario gun too iirc
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/asp/1840428
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.