[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The LA bank robbers armor was made of level 3a that can stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 31

File: Phillips_armor.jpg (37KB, 751x534px) Image search: [Google]
Phillips_armor.jpg
37KB, 751x534px
The LA bank robbers armor was made of level 3a that can stop every handgun round. shot gun shells, they stopped over 20 rounds from police, now what if you made a full bullet proof suit of level iv ar 500 armor? composed of side plates strapped around your body and parts that require movement like elbows knees... etc... you can have level 3a ive done the math a modern knight armor made of this would work it would weigh around 80-110 pounds and if your fit it would work all you have to do to make it practical is use a car instead of a horse like a knight would use for long distances
>>
File: rampage.jpg (222KB, 1494x1038px) Image search: [Google]
rampage.jpg
222KB, 1494x1038px
Uwe Boll pls no
>>
File: 1475296327035.jpg (112KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475296327035.jpg
112KB, 800x600px
>>31576639
Put that level iv ar 500 armor shit on your horse.
>>
File: 1438252107997.png (88KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1438252107997.png
88KB, 400x303px
>>31576639
>now what if you made a full bullet proof suit of level iv ar 500 armor?
Do you even know how heavy a single plate of AR500 is? Do you really think a man could move with that much steel strapped to him without having him collapse from exhaustion a couple minutes later?
>>
they could move a man could move in 100 pound gear a fireman can walk through 10s and 10s of flights of stairs and there fit with 100 pounds of gear
>>
Ned Kelly would be proud
>>
>>31576678
Yes. See suits of armor.
>>
>>31576688
Stop shitposting.
>>
look at rich piana imagine if he had a full suit of level iv ar 500 plate armor....
>>
>>31576639

Because the kinetic energy from some consecutive .308 would knock your ass down and you wouldn't be able to get back up.
>>
>>31576666
I have that tac-vest
>>
>>31576703
Are you talking about plate armor? Cause that shit was thin as hell compared to ar500 plates.
>>
im talking about a modern day knight armor side plates covering your legs and arms and level 3a (soft body armor) for elbows knees etc
>>
>>31576715
He would still lose to Jason Genova in a slap box fight
>>
yeah consecutive .308 would knoc you on the ground but assuming you have a squad of 5 fully organized group in this armor as well fully trained to move in it for decent distances, how well would they hold up against police?
>>
>>31576721
Holy shit, I do too. It's cheap and not an awful way to keep a pistol\ light and mags on you when checking out them bumps in the night. War belt always felt weird with my dick flapping in the breeze, and my chest rig is a pain to put on when groggy\ drunk just to go find out my dog is retarded and a truck is backing up 2 blocks away.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 300x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 300x412px
>it's another "ar500" is good" episode on /k/ again
>>
File: 1443759081701.jpg (51KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
1443759081701.jpg
51KB, 620x387px
>>31576717
>Someone tries this shit
>Gets his ass knocked over
>Becomes the spree shooter equivalent of a turtle
Not to mention the trauma will kill you from the inside.

>>31576727
Plate armor isn't consistently thick and only is thick in areas where contact would be most prevalent. So the breastplate, pauldrons, and helmet mainly. The rest of it is more comparable to sheet metal.
What you're suggesting is that you get a guy and drape him in half in steel plates, and expect him to be able to move more than 30 feet.

>but assuming you have a squad of 5 fully organized group in this armor as well fully trained to move in it for decent distances
Now you have five human turtles rolling on the ground.
>>
wait, do people actually buy AR500 to fucking use? if you do, you deserve all the spall to the face
>>
>>31576760
half inch steel plates*

It's getting too late for this shit.
>>
lets be realistic we have all seen the testing on level iv ar 500 armor it can stop a .30-06 armor piercing rounds why do you guys not have faith in this?
>>
>>31576760
Yes. It would reduce mobility. The same applies to tanks and no one minds. A person in full bulletproof gear will move at walking pace. However, he will be unstoppable.
>>
>>31576785
It could very well stop the round, but the force of getting punched in the chest by a bullet will still fuck you up.
>>
look at it this way its last resort your not trying to get shot and its not like every police men is gonna have a .30-06 or .308 there going to have ar 15s in most scenarios at least before the swat come in
>>
>>31576811
Waddling around, constantly taking shots from trained shooters, regardless of the armor level, unless you're wearing a tank you're gonna get shit on.
>>
>>31576788
>The same applies to tanks and no one minds
An M1A1 Abrams has almost 24 inches of sloped armor, a 120mm main gunm and a max speed of ~45 mph. Tanks are also designed to fight other tanks and hardened positions, not infantry. Hell, the ones that ARE meant to engage infantry are even more mobile than that.

Your fanwank dream of being an IRL MW2 juggernaut and toppling the system will never happen, get over it my dude.
>>
what if i have been making steroid 6'7 foot tall men who are stronger then rich piana... what if i could prove ALL OF YOU WRONG AND I COULD MAKE A MOBILE ARMY IN FULL LEVEL IV ARMOR with weak points tho... ILL PROVE YOU ALL WRONG and when clinton trys stealing our guns! trust me we will fight back and this mobile unstoppable army will be the first step to real freedom theoretically at least
>>
>>31576760
>Not to mention the trauma will kill you from the inside.
No.
>>
>>31576798
No.
>>
If you want to overthrow the government wouldn't it be more realistic to just avoid getting shot at in the first place?
stealth >>>>> armor
>>
>>31576639
police sniper will shoot you in your legs with 30-06.

police will litterally just run you over with an armored car.

police will tear gas you and you wont be able to run away.

police will use robot to IED you.

police will fire 100s of .223 rounds at your armor, causing you internal bleeding.

its just better to be fast and light for most operations op.
>>
>>31576846
What happens when your army of unstoppable 6'7" walking tanks inevitably turn on you when they realize that they have been fighting for the freedom of others only to gain none for themselves.
>>
please the trauma would be the same assuming the level iv armor isint dented but it cant be its made out of ceramic it doesent bend it breaks bullets effiecently and stops them thats what the military uses and they dont feel a thing when they get hit by a .308.. other then being thrown on the ground
>>
>>31576639
600lbs give or take, you need an exoskeleton to fullbody lvlIV
>>
>>31576639
The reason why rifle armor is broken up into plates and placed strategically is because it is heavy.
>>
>>31576884
I think you "feel" getting knocked onto your ass.
>>
we all know the government already has operational power armored suits how can we fight against something like that? 300 years ago us farmers beat the biggest army in the world the UK who says we cant do it again?
>>
>>31576884
Ceramic shatters, so it loses its full ballistic protection after the first hit.
>>
>>31576798
Rigid frame construction, requires exosuit, but it means frame takes the shock and not allowing it to transfer from a sift carrier into your body

This is really a closet pal thread
>>
alright i lost the argument but for the sake of potential how could we revolt against the government?
>>
>>31576904
Killdozers with better radiators
>>
>>31576894
The UK was nowhere near the biggest army in the 1770s-80s. Biggest navy maybe
>>
>>31576703
Plate amour was light as fuck dude. Can't fight with 100 lb of amour on.
>>
>>31576903
This you might as well go heavy power armor and bolt 1"-1.5" RHA equivalents to the frame and spend a half-ton to cover yourself against light antimaterial ap/api fire
>>
File: lol atf.jpg (67KB, 499x314px) Image search: [Google]
lol atf.jpg
67KB, 499x314px
>>31576904
It's quite easy, my fellow disgruntled citizen! Go and form a large militia, stockpile all the guns and ammo you can, and prepare for war. It's really that easy, I swear!
In fact, I will go as far as to send you some of my very best men to help you out in your righteous fight!
>>
>>31576760
>>31576717

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. If the shot's powerful enough to knock the guy who gets shot over, the shooters getting knocked over too.

Surely you can't be that retarded.
>>
>>31576916
Gothic got about, what 50lb heavy? Knights were just strollin
>>
>>31576928
At that point the shooter is firing 20mm from a standing position
>>
>>31576931
And just for kicks, it seems that feudal era Japanese armor weighted on average 55~60lbs at its heaviest.
>>
>>31576924
Jesus, might as well equip the guy with an m2 in a riflestock body kit
>>
so big 6'7 guys nba player height with all muscle but they take steroids and alot and geuss what? they also look like rich piana, but it still would hardly effective compared to an experimental power armored soldier in the white house protecting hillary
>>
>>31576931
Maximilian armor was not worn in combat. By the time Gothic armor peaked full plate armor was mostly ceremonial. Half plate was worn in combat by that point.
>>
>>31576947
Fuck it let's just go full sci-fi.

>Movie/Novel/Game about a cyberpunk resistance front building bipedal armored suits to overthrow a corporate controlled shadow government
Fuck I'd watch/read/play it.
>>
>>
File: irobot.jpg (591KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
irobot.jpg
591KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>31576943

About 50 lb is what you'd expect. Same goes for European plate. Start getting much heavier than that you'd be exhausted.

Just realized 'armour' has been auto corrected to 'amour.' So that's great.
>>
>>31576997
>Amours made out of AR500
>>
OP, your idea is pretty solid. Actually, some japanese guy tried it out,and actually made a documentary on the process. I think the JGSDF actually uses his idea now. Link related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTJzB4XsvPg
>>
you guys watch mr robot?
>>
>>31576964
Gothic an Maximilian are not the same armor, Gothic was absolutely fucking used in combat.
>>
>>31576666

this>>31576721 also airsoft mask
>>
>>31576639
Smack em with some .50bmg or other heavy hitter. They will surrender.
>>
File: hnnng-o[1].gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
hnnng-o[1].gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>31576639
>cop sees NEET knight from afar
>runs to local pawn shop
>commandeers mosin and 20 squirts of justice
>NEET BTFO
>>
>>31576738
>308 knock down power meme

shut up cunt, are you not aware of Newton's third law? For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
>>
File: Image.jpg (44KB, 301x450px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
44KB, 301x450px
>mfw body armor isn't stab proof
>>
As heavy as full plate was the entire suit was distributed across the entire body and the men in question that wore it were expected to run, swim, dance, fight, fuck, sleep and drink in it and out of it. By the time war came the armor was just heavier fuckin' skin that they'd occasionally piss and shit in because you couldn't take it off without help.

Yes, Knights shit themselves in battle.

I'd say a fully loaded plate carrier, including the side inserts is about the modern equivalent to a breastplate but the problem is soldiers don't practically live in them until they're ready to enlist so of course they're weighty. But AR500 is considerably thicker compared to iron/steel plate at its height in terms of protection.
>>
>>31577203
AR500 plates are 100% stab proof. Unless you're stabbing with a Phase Sword.
>>
>>31576639
You can make a suit like this using ceramic floor tiles from Home Depot and a tube of Liquid Nails. I saw it on YouTube.
>>
>>31577223
>Trip and fall
>All your armor plating is now broken around you, while you could have at least assumed the fetal position in your AR500 suit like an armadillo
>>
>>31576639
You could do it but your mobility would become so restricted that you'd be an easy target even for a amateur shot let alone trained sniper.

Also. All armors have their weak spots. Usually around the eyes, sides and joints. Plus the plates break when you hammer them enough even with ammunition they're made withstand. And even if you somehow make an unpenetrable armor the shock of a hit will make you fall on your ass an give attackers time to overwhelm you with brute hand to hand force.
>>
>>31577215
>I'd say a fully loaded plate carrier, including the side inserts is about the modern equivalent to a breastplate but the problem is soldiers
It's literally 5lbs lighter than some lighter examples of full plate with drastically less coverage.
>>
File: peep.jpg (113KB, 570x559px) Image search: [Google]
peep.jpg
113KB, 570x559px
>>31577228
That may be true, but you can't make a mosaic with AR500.
>>
>>31577260
Well I didn't mean weight wise but more like coverage wise. Of course plate carriers don't encompass the entire body even with sides and I highly doubt anyone would want to wear a singe piece of AR500 that covered the entire torso.

How much do you figure an AR500 breastplate would weigh?
>>
>>31576894
the american revolution was essentially a french-brit proxy war
french money, french credit, french military advisors, french gunpowder...
>>
>>31577278
If you wanna ignore the Spanish contributions than sure.
>>
>>31576965
>tfw I've been writing notes and doing a head canon storyboard for something exactly like this
>>
>>31576931
There is a reason Knights rode horses
>>
>>31576928
>Surely you can't be that retarded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KwmyEKMeMg
and imagine what it feels like being shot with a bigger caliber
>>
>>31577198
That would surely work out
The impact of the bullet isn't absorbed by the armor. It's just spread over a larger area of the body... as has been posted. It can still do quite a bit of damage. Imagine being hit... anywhere... with a hammer. It's probably not going to penetrate the skin, but anything inside the skin... bones and organs... is going to get the impact.
Now imagine this happen a hundred times, it dosen't knock you down but you would surely collapse
>>
>>31577717
Basic physics you dumb cunt.

I can fire a shotgun a hundred fucking times, and I might have a sore shoulder.

EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION
>>
>>31576715
>implying Rich Piñata can cardio
>>
>>31577732
do you know what rifling fo you massive cunt?
For example, an M4 Carbine with a twist rate of 1 in 7 inches (177.8 mm) and a muzzle velocity of 3,050 feet per second (930 m/s) will give the bullet a spin of 930 m/s / 0.1778 m = 5.2 kHz (314,000 rpm)
>>
File: 1414022554746.jpg (193KB, 750x909px) Image search: [Google]
1414022554746.jpg
193KB, 750x909px
>>31577742
1. Shotguns do not have rifling (generally)
2. Rifling does not add mass to the projectile
3. This is bait
>>
File: 1459803042858.jpg (90KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
1459803042858.jpg
90KB, 476x476px
>>31576639
Yes. But I think you would have to get a non-powered exoskeleton to support the weight of the big parts like the torso and legs and you would need some big as fuck arms to move anywhere near effectively. The exoskeleton would be necessary for this to work.

>stay inside with this shit, don't meet the undercarriage of a squad car or Oshkosh truck
>probably wear something for a potential gas attack as cops would be able to just gas your ass
>You will need some serious padding to stop internal bleeding and trauma
>you would almost need a bomb suit(something designed for concussive force) with this as an overarching structure supported by the exoskeleton.
>you would need to train your ass off to move this thing without coming near death and immobility every ten feet of movement

Shit would work, but it is not a simple job. You would be building power armor for this to do anything.

>MFW I'm helping terrorist win
>>
>>31576666
Who the fuck thought this armor was good?
Literally a single shot through the vest and he's dead
>>
>>31577766

Why? A knight's armour was upto 110 pounds and knight's armour didn't need anything that complex.

Yes of course you would need (some) padding, and of course you would need something to protect against gas if you're going to get in a situation where that would be used against you, but you wouldn't have to be a super-fit juggernaught nor have an exoskeleton with excessive padding.

Consider the amount of surface area you're using to slow down a gun when you shoot it (both the area you're gripping with your hands to some degree, but mostly the area of the buttplate). As long as the size of the rigid plate you're getting shot on has that same area, and it's well-fitted and has at least a little bit of padding, you would be spreading the actual impact (which would have lost energy compared to the initial firing) over just as much, if not much more, area and therefore would be less problematic than the recoil of whoever is shooting at you.

Source: I am a scientician.

>>31577742

You're a colossal retard.
>>
>>31577732
And you only know basic physics
The starting force is not the same as theimpact force, why?
Beacuse Drag force twat and Kinetic energy the smaller mass of the bullet, compared that of the gun-shooter system, allows significantly more kinetic energy to be imparted to the bullet than to the shooter.
Now uninstall internet
>>
>>31577703
>>31576717
>IT'S JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES
https://youtu.be/aaS_2l8nGdg
>>
>>31577766
>MFW I'm helping terrorist win
This is kind of off topic, but does anyone else just feel unimpressed by mass shootings?

Like really, that was the best you could do? I've only lurked /k/ for a few years, but I can definitely manufacture explosives and detonators, I have the land to test them, and the intelligence to plan.

If you're going to die doing it fucking do it right. Assuming I am acting alone the ideal scenario would be the detonation of a tractor-trailer filled with explosives and radioactive material upwind of New York City. I'd have to do a couple calculations on yield but I'm pretty sure it would fuck shit up for quite some time.

Now, again we can assume that I can't access nuclear material because it's too risky, I can definitely set up a shell company and acquire the material needed over the course of a couple years, maybe even some military grade detonators and shit. Once we're doing shell company I could totally get my hands on spent fuel cells and shit but I digress.

THE POINT is that I could at LEAST level a city block with proper planning. What the fuck is this shot a couple of people in a theater pussy shit.

>tfw you are now uber most definitely for sure on all the watch lists
>tfw you just remembered your sister is applying for security clearance this week.

I already told her to not list me as a contact but oh well fuck it I already typed this shit out.
>>
>>31577818
While the vest can prevent a bullet from penetrating, the wearer will still be affected by the kinetic energy of the bullet, which can produce serious internal injuries.
>>
File: 1474057273747.jpg (58KB, 851x233px) Image search: [Google]
1474057273747.jpg
58KB, 851x233px
>>31577846
>which can produce serious internal injuries.
REEEEEEEEEEEEAD THE THREAD
>>
>>31577825
Faker than the moon landing
>>
At this point unleash the 50BMGs. It'll probably make it through the first plate and the second plate should stop it..... No collateral damage just dead dumbass wearing 200 lbs of plate.
>>
[spoiler]>>31577861
>not 20mm from a helicopter

They've got all this shit might as well whip it out.
>tfw your town of 25,000 has a goddamn armoured bus with a turret on it

Fucking what the fuck are you going to use it for god fucking damn it.

[spoiler] It's actually just being stored here because our town is centrally located and near a military base, it's some sort of doomsday operations vehicle and I completely understand both it's location and existance [/spoiler]
>>
>>31577818

So what? Kinetic energy in this instance means nothing.

Once the bullet impacts a rigid(!) object, that kinetic energy once again must be re-calculated for the armor-target system. In which case you would have exactly the reverse equation, although with less kinetic energy thanks to drag.

PS: Nice wikipedia copy/paste.

The bottom line is: If you can spread out the impact of the bullet to an area which is comparable to the area that the gun is dissipating it's recoil onto (so the buttplate, grips etc) - You will get an equivalent amount of force imparted.
>>
>>31577860
except it's not and you're retarded
>>
It's called ar 500 cause it can take the weight of 500 assault rifles, right?
>>
>>31577871
We don't want to be wasteful. Just the smallest round to get the job done. Not to mention i said no collateral damage. 20mm is definitely busting right through the other side of those plates. Why not use a fucking F22 raptor if we're going 20mm.
>>
File: kineticenergy.png (34KB, 1843x958px) Image search: [Google]
kineticenergy.png
34KB, 1843x958px
>>31577881
>citation needed
The bulletproof vest accept the kinetic energy of the bullet and spreads it, only a small portion passed to the wearer
That small portion of energy is still hurts a lot,and will almost certainly leave a very unpleasant bruise at the point of impact.
In some cases leads to internal injuries
Im not arguing it will kill you or knock you down but saying it will do nothing to the wearer is retarded
>>
>>31576678
>Do you really think a man could move with that much steel strapped to him without having him collapse from exhaustion a couple minutes later?
yes and no, the suit would be heavy however a person of sufficient strength could use it especially if worn for training, however a basement dweller from 4chan would have no hope of doing so.
>>
>>31577949
That isn't a citation you fuck
>That small portion of energy is still hurts a lot,and will almost certainly leave a very unpleasant bruise at the point of impact.
Cite this bullshit right now
>>
File: weight.jpg (20KB, 449x330px) Image search: [Google]
weight.jpg
20KB, 449x330px
Realistically you could get away with 200 Lbs of armor. could you make a suit within 200 LBS impregnable? nah. Although you could get resistant up to most high power cartridges to the point you would be more than capable of fighting your way out of most scenarios.
>>
>>31577978
Doubt it. Unless you figure out some kind of system to cover your face and still retain visibility you're not getting very far. Iron man is a comic book kiddo. A few 308 to the face and i doubt you're walking very far. You could of course make some kind of visor that just lets you see your feet with a huge gap to absorb impacts but now you can't see around you. Either way this idea is pretty difficult to accomplish if someone is actually trying to kill you. Designated marksman should be able to take you out fairly easily. Of course with all the red tape and shit they would probably try to subdue you without killing you. Which wouldn't be hard either. Just use a big fucking electro magnet on a helicopter and now you're a fucking ornament. I Dunno man people are just fucking retards honestly. Use of deadly force when its actually needed is frowned upon but gunning down innocent civilians and their dogs is so easy.
>>
>>31578006
>Unless you figure out some kind of system to cover your face and still retain visibility you're not getting very far
That dope ass russian helmet is rated pretty high, level II I think. They don't even cost that much
>>
>>31577978
Ohh not to mention if someone has a fucking car and just drives it into you those plates won't do shit. But like I said people are fucking stupid.... So fucking stupid. Just unleash the Fucking tank dozer like that one jackass did.
>>
>>31578006
>>31578014
I don't think someone who thinks an electromagnet hanging from a helicopter is a valid tactic to stop an active shooter has right to call anyone else "fucking stupid"
>>
>>31576717
Itd be like a punch to the gut. And if that knocks you down then you shouldn't be fighting in the first place.
>>
>>31576964
Regardless of the point you're making, even common 14th century armor didn't weigh more than 60ish lbs on average.
>>31577574
Because the speed and height gives you an advantage in combat?
>>
>>31578026
>Itd be like a punch to the gut
No it fucking would not please learn how to fucking read.
>>
>>31578011
Eyes are still vulnerable.... The eyes are the weak point... It's a direct shot to the Fucking brain. Shit you could just unload on someone's face without much precision aiming and eventually one of those bullets will hit them in the Fucking eyes.. These mask aren't rated for multiple shots and 90% your unconscious after the first shot. Shows over go home.
>>
>>31578024
I said people. I never said i was excluded. People are fucking stupid. All of them.
>>
>>31578032
>...
>random capitalization
>thinks you can "unload on someones face" from range
>90% your
>fucking your
>unconscious after the first shot
What is physics?
>>
>>31577958
>basement dweller
Nobody could wield this unholy abomination training or not.
>>
>>31578039
Ironically this is the stupidest thing I've read all week.
>>
>>31578039
>I'm stupid, everyone else must be stupid too.

Stop fucking projecting bruh. Here are some solutions rather that blatant crotchy old guy bullshit.

Z87 goggles with 5-7 layers. Would be hella bullet resistant. although a few shots would prevent you from seeing so you would have to remove them.
a helmet in itself is only fairly resistant and I personally would suggest it being reinforced.

hands are going to be a tough one and probably rather difficult to do by fingers so I'd suggest some sort of plate extending most of the way in front of the hands.
>>
>>31577818
>wat is conservation of energy
>>
>>31577747
Nice.
>>
>>31577881
Apparently this faggot doesn't know that energy transfer is a thing.
>>
>>31577958
have you ever seen one of those baby walkers that spend the baby yet allow him to use his feet to move him arround. that's what we need.
>>
>>31577766
Yeah, even an unpowered frame would let you ruck a whole lot more weight of armor and take more punishing impacts if the plates were secured to the frameworks.
>>
>>31577871
20mm has comparable performance to .50bmg. 1.67" of conventional steel is maximum penetration from standard 20mil rounds or .50 slap-t rounds circa 1960s era tests. Even facehardened steel offers better protection.
>>
>>31576965
Holy shit this armor is literally copied by a game I used to play
>>
>>31577839
>THE POINT is that I could at LEAST level a city block with proper planning. What the fuck is this shot a couple of people in a theater pussy shit.
Mass shootings are generally done by retarded inbred hajjis or the mentally ill. We didn't have them when we didn't let hajjis live in the US and institutionalized the insane.
>>
>>31578006
>take MICH and ear commo getup
>put thick steel antirifle pot over top of helmet, leave face open
>add neck/shoulder support armature because it's heavy and going to get heavier
>bolt a layer of contoured level three armor plexiglass over open face
>bolt steel faceplate over plexi
>faceplate has quick release levers to drop down to plexiglass layer when needed
>mount cameras sidesaddle on antirifle helmet
>instal viewscreens for helmet cams inside faceplate
>you can now see out of your antirifle helmet
>cameras and housings for them can be customised to whatever field needs you have
>pay millions and get nextgen airforce retinal HUD projector inside the plexiglass layer and sensor fuse your helmet to a semiautonomous drone
>>
>>31578072
Robohands in front of actual hands like fallout power armor
>>
>>31576964
That's bullshit and you know it
Maximillian maybe, but for Gothic you're talking out of your arse, men at arms were the core of any force of the era
>>
>>31577215
>Knights shit themselves in battle
I wish this meme would end, there is literally no historical evidence to suggest this, they just held it until the Battle was over our removed parts of their leg armour so they could go shit.
>>
>>31577574
Not English men at arms, they fought predominantly on foot
Plate armour is hot but men at arms weren't little pussies
>>
>take steel slab
>add arm brace and handle
>coat backside in spalling/shock absorbent layer
>put many small ~2" dia efp charges over the strike face
>rig detonators into a ripple pattern and wire arming trigger to handle
Claymore Targe
>>
Average human body surface area is 1.9m^2
Ar500 density is 0.283lb/in^3
>http://www.metalsuppliersonline.com/Research/Property/result.asp?FamilyID=1&MetalID=219&Chemical=1&Physical=1&Mechanical=1

So 1m = 39.3701 in
39.3701^2 is 1 m^2 = 1550.00 in^2
1550in^2/m^2 x 1.9m^2 = 2945.00 in^2 for the average surface area of a human
I'll do 1/4 in and 1/2 in plate for you tards

2945 in^2 x 0.25in thickness= 736.25 in^3 x 0.283 = 208lbs (rough estimate)

Same calculation but 1/2in 2945 X 0.5 = 1472.5 in^3 x 0.283 = 416lbs

Kill yourself op
>>
>>31577825
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bQi7iknSKy0m
The force alone doesn't have to knock you over. The shooter is prepared for the recoil and the target may not be.
>>
>>31579173
So my estimate of about 900lbs for 1" thickness was reasonable, neat, the boys at the shop are gonna love the archive of this thread
>>
>>31576703
>Yes. See suits of armor.
Made from 1.5 mm steel not 8 mm.
>>
File: sad kitty.gif (2MB, 372x262px) Image search: [Google]
sad kitty.gif
2MB, 372x262px
>>31579168
i thought you were going to recommend an ERA equipped ballistic shield

could be kind of neat.jpg
>>
>>31579220
Russians develop ERA against small arms.
>>
>>31576928
This guy knows whats up.

Stupid fucks here think a 200 lb guy with 150lb of armor can get knocked over by a boolet

Some actual math for you cunts

An 11g bullet (173gr) travelling at 806 m/s has a momentum of 8.9 N*s (this is a heavy .308 round)

When it collides with the shooter, 350lb = 159kg, and with a touch of rounding because of the weight of the bullet is negligible, the shooter would have a speed of 0.055 m/s, assuming a direct hit.

So 5.5 cm a second, or roughly 2 inches (the average size of a 4chan users penis)

If you have an even remotely stable stance, you will do just fine
>>
>>31577703
>>31576760

that's soft armor you retard, hard armor doesn't deform much at all, watch any video with clay-backed backface deformation armor testing
>>
>>31576678
See brewster body armor
>>
>>31576678
guy who do modern competitive jousting wear around 40kg of armor
>>
not using warrior web as a base http://www.darpa.mil/program/warrior-web

reducing physical exertion by 25 percent, not covering all of your body in 3a protection and key spots in level 4,
>>
>>31579195
could be up to 3mm in the most vulnerable spots but your point stands regardless
>>
>>31579642
Joust plate tended to be heavier and less mobile to increase protection and comfort against the lance shock, it's literally sports armor
>>
File: M39+m39b_askar.jpg (324KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
M39+m39b_askar.jpg
324KB, 1024x736px
>>
File: 1.jpg (987KB, 2928x2024px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
987KB, 2928x2024px
>>31577958
The retard who started this thread envisioned a full suit of AR500, so imagine something like a bomb suit but even heavier and more restrictive.
>>
>>31578011
Altyns, Maskas, and K6-3s all cost a fuckton for real ones.
>>
Pretty sure if someone tried this cops would just run their ass down with a truck then disarm
>>
>>31577839
This desu senpai. That's why I view the "assault rifle" as a short stop to prevent these dangerous religious fanatics from having to be creative. We have already proven a fucking semi truck is more dangerous therefore a ban on firearms would only increase their kills.
>>
File: boop.jpg (10KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
boop.jpg
10KB, 261x193px
just make one of these, armored, surrounded with guns on swivels, drive in to every bank in town, shoot everyone that shoots at you, and crawl off into the sunset
>>
>>31576639
what if we kevlar'd an eod-9 suit
>>
>>31580847
have turning your head
>>
>>31581227
who even turns their head anyway anymore
come on, i mean, it's 2016

but still
i may sink the money to get an eod-9 suit just to bulldozer it
>>
>>31581253
have fun turning your head, is what i meant to say but, have fun with eod-9 suit in general
>>
>>31581285
i will
i may be able to get an ok deal on it (e.g. less than 30k)
>>
File: 1438727931560.jpg (296KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1438727931560.jpg
296KB, 2000x1334px
>>31576678
It would have to be a big guy
>>
>>31576894
>Operational power armor suits
No.
>>
>>31576709
hes kinda right though.
source
>uncle is firefighter and carrys lots of gear.
the catch 22 is that hes crazy fit and theres not a single neckbeard on 4chan that could go on a 4 mile hike with even a 30lb ruck without gettin winded.
>>
>>31582190
>have a neighbor who is a firefighter
>is 400 pounds of fat
kek, the minute you get into anything other than a grunt you don't need to have any semblance of physical fitness. Unless you are underage I genuinely hope your uncle does it on a volunteer basis because anything more than 40 year old who is still rucking is a fuckup.
>>
>>31577747
Now I'm hard from an armor thread
>>
File: US_Army_spike_strip.jpg (2MB, 2592x3872px) Image search: [Google]
US_Army_spike_strip.jpg
2MB, 2592x3872px
>>31580449
You wouldn't even need to do that. Just put down some spike strips and have the guy bust his ass after trying to waddle over them.
>>
>>31576964
None of you faggots know how heavy firefighting bunker suits get carrying a 12lb sledge and a coil of extra hose that weighs 45lbs. They run around and drag even heavier hose and shit and dont stop till their air runs out. Lmao a marines load out is even heavier when they're rucking. Why are the majority of you such weak pussies?
>>
One thing I thought of a while ago was layering and welding fine meshes offset against each other to provide a lighter armour at any given thickness that would hopefully work on the statistical likelihood that you wouldn't get hit at the perfect angle to cause catastrophic failure, but all the other possible angles.
>>
>>31576639
>2016
> /k/ommando robs bank wearing 200lbs of steel body armor.
> walks outside
> oops its 2016 and the cops all have patrol rifles nao.
>get shot in face
>WASTED.jpg
>>
>>31581227
Batman didn't have to
>>
>>31576965
>tfw I have to hobble walk and my nuts are still chaffed to ignition
>>
Guys, hey listen to me for a second guys...

Now, we all know guns shoot bullets right? So that means they can stand up to a bullet being shot out of them, right? Obviously...

Okay guys, seriously listen up.

Listen guys.

C'mon guys shut up for a goddamn minute and listen to me.

Okay, what if

What if we made body armor.

Guys! Fuckign lsiten to me! What if we made body armor, out of guns?

It's might just be crazy enough to work! I mean, has anyone tried it before? Guns are made of metal you know.
>>
>>31576666
MARK OF SATAN + 6 CONFIRMED.

Also his turtle armor was retarded, as well as his concept.
>>
>>31577958
I want to do this now.
>>
File: 1395010143387.gif (869KB, 305x415px) Image search: [Google]
1395010143387.gif
869KB, 305x415px
>>31576639
>now what if you made a full bullet proof suit of level iv ar 500 armor

You wouldn't be going anywhere very fast. You probably wouldn't be going anywhere at all.
>>
>>31578048
Not the same anon but

> implying a line of police, swat, and marksmen can't just aim at your head
>>
>>31577806
>A knight's armour was upto 110 pounds
No. Kill yourself.
>>
>>31577949
>and will almost certainly leave a very unpleasant bruise at the point of impact.
>In some cases leads to internal injuries
Post sources. show us internal injuries from men being shot in armor by rounds it is rated to stop.
>>
>>31584738
>>31584963
He's wrong, but you are too. Plate armor weighed around 30-50 pounds and still allowed considerable mobility, running, jumping, etc. The weight is distributed evenly, it's not 50lbs universally. An 80-110lb suit of armor would be easy for walking and driving.
>>
>>31585056
It would weigh more than 100 pounds.

Steel armour in a plate carrier weighs about 30 pounds. Covering the entire body would weigh more than 200 pounds.

A UHMWPE plate armour suit could potentially weigh 120 pounds, but a man shouldn't be walking around with more than 1/3 of his body weight or else he is prone to injury and slow to recover.

UHMWPE is vulnerable to certain non-AP loadings of 5.56. We don't really have the right materials to build a full suit of rifle plate armour.
>>
>>31576887
Can I also have a mini gun with the exoskeleton?
>>
>>31584963
>>31585056
>>31585800
The only armor that weighed 100~lbs was jousting armor for tournaments. It was purely for sport and was not worn in combat.
>>
>>31576703
So 40-50lbs, carried on horseback which can't stop a 38 special compared to 100+ pounds of AR500 which will simply low you to die exhausted
>>
>>31585056
No e\war armor was allowed to get that heavy. Jousting armor could, and it was well known for being FUCKING USELESS for actual combat.
>>
>>31585056
Knights armor wasn't consistently half an inch thick in all areas either.
>>
>>31579257
Bullshit. Source?
>>
>>31582339
That smile

>Yeah gonna fuck up someones day today!
>>
>>31576715
>look at rich piana imagine if he had a full suit of level iv ar 500 plate armor....

He seems like he's close to stroking out when he's just standing in his kitchen talking about his daily food intake.
>>
>>31583567
You don't generally fight while rucking and the weight is all on your shoulders, hip and back where it easiest to carry, not on your extremities.

Have you ever done isometrics? You're holding say 10lbs of plate (generously low) on your support arm for your rifle, plus the weight of the rifle, out to what? 15 inches?

Go grab some weights. How long can you hold that? And how long do you think you could hold an effective sight picture like that? Could you do it for 44 minutes? Nah, bullet proof plate is bullshit.
>>
File: 1382057600989.jpg (162KB, 1115x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1382057600989.jpg
162KB, 1115x1386px
>>31576846
>making 6' 7" genetic supermen
>equipping them with head-to-toe armor
>gonna start a crusade to free humanity

gee where have I heard this shit before?
>>
File: bruise.jpg (28KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
bruise.jpg
28KB, 600x656px
>>31584986
not hard to find actually just google it
>>
>>31588704
this
also notice i said in some cases
http://www.ppss-group.com/blog/understanding-blunt-force-trauma-backface-signature/
>>
>>31588704
Other thing is that picture is certainly with soft armor. Plates have little backface deformation and will spread blunt force better.
>>
>>31576931
Suits of plate 35 to 65 Ib based on a number of options. English Knights on the light side of things, french on the heavy side of things. Heaviest suit of period armor that I heard of was a 15th century Japan suit at 68.6 Ib.

I have also heard of Greek, Persian, Turkish, Indian, and Chinese body armor getting to 65 Ib.
>>
>>31576760
You're one dumb son of a bitch
>>
>>31579018
But how do you stop the car that's going to run you over or the truck that'll crush you between it and a wall? Shit all you really need to do is drive a dump truck in reverse. It's not like you're gonna be running from it.
>>
So basically power armor
>>
>>31588704
That type of injury is very rare with hard types of body armor. It comes down to the fact that a steel plate just shatters the bullet rather then letting it mushroom inside the armor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVcr760ybPo
>>
File: troy.jpg (83KB, 590x412px) Image search: [Google]
troy.jpg
83KB, 590x412px
>>31576639
Just wait till used medical exoskeletons are as cheap as rascal scooters and Troy Hurtubise can purpose them like the pots and pans he uses as molds.
>>
I know you guys are using industry standards for your ceramic vs. steel armor debates but its not the only game in town. We live in interesting times of material science.

This kid home made a plate for a science fair from off the shelf parts that eats 7.62 for breakfast. The way it reacts makes me think its a slab of shear thickened cloth laminated to an internal frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JABoCF5EOI
>>
File: bane charges his cell phone.png (173KB, 322x350px) Image search: [Google]
bane charges his cell phone.png
173KB, 322x350px
>Full body AR500 plate armor

It would be extremely heavy.
>>
>>31576639
Oh lord, I never have an opportunity to use this...
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.