[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new type of bullet is created that can punch through armor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

A new type of bullet is created that can punch through armor that can shrug off HEAT rounds. They come chambered in 9mm and 5.56 compatible with the US's current armament.

How does warfare change?
>>
File: kay.jpg (72KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kay.jpg
72KB, 1920x1200px
>>31576545
considering the price of such a bullet would be most likely in the tens of thousands of dollars
I guess SF would get a few rounds of it.
>>
>war, War never changes
>>
>>31576586
Apparently they're cheap enough to equip the entirety of Harlem's police force with them.
>>
>>31576545
Speaking of this, diamondback couldn't have been using 5.56.
>Judas 1.0
>Big bullet, 4u...
>Judas 2.0
>smaller, cheaper
9mm rounds are about twice the mass of 5.56 rounds
>(projectile only, of course)
>>
>>31576799
Weren't some of the SWAT guys using ARs?
>>
>>31576799
Also,
>hammertech builds ironman suit that nearly kills the pilot from a failure.
>hammertech builds "ex-wife" that fizzles
Now
>somehow magic AP/explode-y cuz aliens
>also weird snake suit...
apparently they're half decent now because the plot demands it.
>>
The US MIC creates an anti-everything barrier, and the Russians in turn create and anti-anti-everything barrier.
>>
>>31576837
I'd have to check again.
I think they were using smg's...

Ah, okay they had AR's
It was a dark scene.
>>
File: Hitler-stupid-smiling-276417[1].jpg (46KB, 590x525px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler-stupid-smiling-276417[1].jpg
46KB, 590x525px
>>31576545
>tungsten-core nuclear-accelerated light gas gun enters the room
>>
>>31576847

The technically correct term is 'AT field'.
>>
>>31576838
Maybe it's like Norinco and the different factories.

Some Hammertech lab are decent while other are horribly incompetent.
>>
>>31576545
What the fuck would it be made of? Are we shooting neutron star cores? How will this affect my barrel life? I probably wouldn't touch it if it meant making every barrel a smooth bore after the first shot.
>>
>>31577487
> That motherfucker who realized that anti-everything fields could be extended and manipulated to make anti-everything guns
>>
File: fuckit.jpg (7KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
fuckit.jpg
7KB, 224x225px
>>31576545
obvious shitpost but what do I have to loose
First off any kind of armor is able to shrug off HEAT type munitons, the question is how good HEAT is it.
Technicaly you have armor that is highly effective against HEAT munitions and it is called Slat/cage armor, yet it offers close to none resistance for KE penetrators.

tl;dr: Information provided by OP is to scarce. Nothing would change, not even the fact that OP is a faggot
>>
>>31577829
This is what we call autism fellas.
>Can't enjoy hypothetical situations
>Can't be creative and come up for a solution to hypothetical situations.
>>
>>31576545
It doesn't change it until it punches through tanks and then all the fighting goes to stop it's production and seize what's already made. Then more of the same until they figure out how to make it themselves.
>>
>>31577797
>Some Hammertech lab are decent while other are horribly incompetent.
Namely all the ones Justin Hammer personally oversees.
>>
>>31577821

>anti-everything guns

Finally, a genuine assault weapon.
>>
>>31577797
>like Norinco
True. After all, their first successful power armor in Iron Man 2 was just a suit Stark built. And even then they just supplied the guns (mostly HK, Claridge, FN and GE products), networking (subcontracted from Russia) and their dud missile.

Kind of like Norinco.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.