[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do these things ever jam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: P1330474-900x601.jpg (200KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
P1330474-900x601.jpg
200KB, 900x601px
Because I personally have had over 5k rounds through my AR-15s and never had a malfunction except for one box of hot ammo that blew primers out and jammed the bolt carrier/upper.

Never had a failure to feed, never had a failure to eject, never had a double feed. . . I have 5 different AR-15s too. One that was $750, another that was $2,000, and three I built each for around 1200-1500. All of them have run flawless.

I see all these tests and round counts where they say after every so many rounds there is a failure but I've failed to see it, even on my one AR that has 3k rounds through it with the original parts.
>>
>>31576060
Bees
>>
>>31576060
I think people are retarded and that's why.
nice optic by the way, I have one on my AR.
>>
File: war on bee.png (1MB, 1500x1543px) Image search: [Google]
war on bee.png
1MB, 1500x1543px
>>31576120
>>
>>31576060
The "ar-15 jams" thing is pretty much idiot saying dumb things. They buy cheap and/or fuck up what they buy, they don't understand how the thing works or what it needs to work the way it should and then blame it on the rifle.

That and the 1960s problems that were just a giant clusterfuck.

Firearms are designed to function. I mean if the firearm is in good shape and if it has good ammo it shouldn't actually every malfunction in any way, ever. That goes for AR-15s as much as any other firearm.
>>
>>31576457
war on bee
>>
>>31576457
war on bee
>>
>>31576060

Bad mags account for most stoppages. The rest of them are probably cause ms by inadequate maintenance. As long as you keep the bitch clean, well lubed. And well fed, she'll make you money!
>>
>>31576060
The one and only hangup that my AR has ever had is that I had to use the forward assist to chamber the first round out of brand-new, never-used-before steel mags. Nothing else has gone wrong.
>>
>>31576457
war on bee
>>
>>31576060
Mine only jams when I try to chamber bees in it.
>>
>>31576060
>I have 5000 rounds through my ARs
>Owns 5 ARs
5000 rounds is nothing, and 5000 rounds through five different guns is less than fucking nothing.

That's cute that you've put 1000 rounds through each of them though
>>
>>31576060
You've probably never taken one into a combat zone. I wouldn't expect a range queen that gets cleaned after each use to have many problems outside of ammo or magazines.

>>31576969
I've put 7500 or so through my SIG 556XI. My PS90 has 3000 or so. AR fans don't seem to shoot their guns much. A thousand rounds is nothing.
>>
>>31576457

war on bee
>>
File: 1 (3).jpg (110KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1 (3).jpg
110KB, 675x1200px
>>31576060
i also have 5k rounds through my AR with no stoppages or malfunctions.
>>
I've had short strokes from weak ammo before, where there wasn't enough gas to push the bolt all the way back. I suppose if you got enough carbon buildup in the upper receiver, the friction could eventually cause this to happen with normal ammo, but we're talking about A LOT of carbon buildup for that to happen.

I've also seen magazines with weak springs that will occasionally fail to feed that final round.

None of these are really unique to the AR design though.
>>
>>31577470
I prefer the AR for ergo reasons alone
my ar doesn't move when it shoots
>>
>>31576060
>How do these things ever jam?

Memes, for the most part. Only when someone, usually the builder or the parts mfg, fucked up big time, do frequent malfunctions appear. That or when someone uses trash mags. It's really pretty much the same as every other gun.

>>31577470
>range queen that gets cleaned after each use

Only clean my ARs after after up to 5000 rounds through them. That sound like babying to you?

>muh combat zones durrr

Oh yes please do tell me how many combat zones you swept through with your 556XI.
>>
>>31577594
Dip your AR in sawdust after every shot and see if it still gets to 5000 rounds.
>>
>>31576457

war on bee
>>
File: 1289169548889.jpg (4KB, 238x195px) Image search: [Google]
1289169548889.jpg
4KB, 238x195px
>>31577594

>How do these things ever jam?
>Memes, for the most part.

detect the newfag...
>>
>>31576060
>I have 5 different ARs
Whyyyyyyyyyy??
ARs are modular man, why on earth would want 5? Just have one or 2 and change the parts as needed.
Based on that alone, I'm guessing your a huge AR fag, and all your rifles are squeaky clean range questions.
So to answer:
>How do ARs jam?
Literally get anything inside of an AR and it will lock up.
>Inb4 that's a meme
Look, ARs are good at being sealed up, but break the seal and you will have a bad time. That's why ARs do well in mud-tests (when the bolt is closed during the entire test) but fail as soon as something gets inside (like a bee for example).
>>
>>31578236
Autocorrected "queens" to "questions" for some reason.
>>
>>31577594
>>Only clean my ARs after after up to 5000 rounds through them. That sound like babying to you?

not same guy.
but desu it sounds like your full of shit but if it helps your argument lie out your ass.
>>
>>31578236

How else am I going to arm 5 people?
>>
>>31579337

To be fair I add more lube every 1k or so to keep things smooth.
But I never clean sooner than 4-5k. If that sounds like a lot to you then you're probably one of the people who bench shoot their WASR every couple of months, go through <200 rounds each trip, spend the whole afternoon cleaning the gun meticulously and then spend months circlejerking on /k/ about MUH RELIABILITY until the next trip.
>>
>>31579385
nope, probably shot more rounds in my life than you ever will. We both know you are exaggerating to help your argument. Now you're trying to claim I don't shoot as much as you, again to help your lack of an argument. I don't disagree with the fact that its a reliable weapon, never said it wasn't. I said you're lying on an anonymous image board to help make a point.

>To be fair I add more lube every 1k or so to keep things smooth.

I bet this is even bs. You lube up this little? Its more than that. Again your a lying POS. Your that guy who has 40 combat deployments, benches 500lbs and has 3 gfs. You can make your point without exaggerating like an asshole
>>
>>31579501

If you can't wrap your head around the concept of not being completely autistic about cleaning, I feel bad for you.
>>
File: IMG_6845.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6845.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>31577528
nice stock anon
>>
>>31579524
>>autistic
okay man, getting mad about being called out? Again, I never said that either. You keep putting words in my mouth to make yourself seem like less of a loser. You are full of shit. When did I say anything about cleaning. Only thing I mentioned is that you don't only clean every 5k rounds and don't lube up every 1k rounds. Again you have to resort to childish rhetoric to make a point. Do you even own guns?
>>
>>31579551
>Only thing I mentioned is that you don't only clean every 5k rounds and don't lube up every 1k rounds.

I do. If you find this so completely unbelievable you have to resort to long-winded wannabe psychoanalytical rants just to dismiss it, I really do feel sorry for you, believe me.
>>
>>31576060
don't do any maintenance and it will eventually break down
>>
>>31576457
war on bee
>>
>>31576457

War on bee
>>
>>31579592
>>Because I personally have had over 5k rounds through my AR-15s
>>Only clean my ARs after after up to 5000 rounds through them
its obvious from your language you like to exaggerate using that big ol' 5k

>I've failed to see it, even on my one AR that has 3k rounds
>>To be fair I add more lube every 1k or so to keep things smooth.
>>But I never clean sooner than 4-5k
only lubed up 3 times and never cleaned?

its unbelievable to anyone who owns guns. Normal people at least do a wipe down or somewhat clean their weapons when getting back from the range. Lube up more often than that or it would go dry especially if your not cleaning it. I know you want to strawman this statement due to your autism so let me make it more clear. Not a 1hr long scrape everything cleaning, I mean just wipe the shit down at least then relube it. Look its okay to be called out on your bs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_lying
just get help
>>
>>31579647

You do realize I'm not OP, right?
...oh wait you don't.
>>
>>31576060
Only issue I've ever had was failure to feed due to a shitty magazine spring.
>>
>>31579647
and to add to that you spend all this money on weapons and ammo but aren't responsible enough to even do a wipe down. This scenario conveniently fits your argument that the weapon doesn't jam. I'm not even saying its a bad gun or your wrong. I'm calling out a bullshiter.
>>
>>31579663
your right I don't. If not i'm in the wrong. I still doubt you clean and lube so little and are a bullshitter regardless.
>>
>>31579670
>but aren't responsible enough to even do a wipe down

There is nothing irresponsible about not cleaning a gun unless a.) you shoot corrosive ammo, b.) the fouling interferes with normal function or causes undue wear, or c.) the copper buildup in the bore becomes excessive.
I use lithium grease for the BCG, it doesn't burn off like oil does so relubing every 1k rounds is perfectly reasonable. If I wiped it down, I might as well clean the whole thing.

>>31579695

Out of the five quotes in your previous post, only three are mine. It's especially hilarious to watch you successfuly "analyze" my language for patterns while quoting two different people.
>>
>>31576120

So if bees go extinct, AR's will become more reliable?

I'm really conflicted on the colony collapse thing now.
>>
>>31576457
war on bee
>>
>>31577594
>I change my trucks oil after 3000 miles. Does that sound like babying to you?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.