[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Landmine thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 350px-Tellermine_42.jpg (35KB, 350x265px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Tellermine_42.jpg
35KB, 350x265px
Should it be forbidden to use landmines?

Usually when landmines are placed (in times of or war usually), accurate records arent kept and they are often times left undetonated after the conflict is over because of this. This causes civilians to be killed or maimed by landmines or large portions of land unusable by local populations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_Treaty
>>
>>31573048
If civilians didn't want to be killed or maimed by landmines, they shouldn't have decided to live in a place that's perfect for putting landmines in.
>>
not mass airdropped little bastards.

strategically placed tank killers sure.
>>
> Implying making it forbidden would stop them from being used
>>
File: dont taze me m8.png (586KB, 905x1007px) Image search: [Google]
dont taze me m8.png
586KB, 905x1007px
if you get blown up by stepping on a landmine then you were clearly stepping too hard
>>
>>31573095

>guys! hey guys! not fair! the UN said you can't use those!

>Nuh uh!
>>
>>31573095
if you pledge to not use them in war and are in the future at war with another signatory of the treaty, you can expect them not to use landmines against you and vice versa.

Although it's good to have them when at war with a country that is not a signatory to the treaty
>>
>>31573048
A lot of modern landmines are electronic and have batteries that bleed down at a known rate to the point of not firing.

Also, the most common landmine used by the US is a Claymore, which is command fired only out of the box.
>>
>>31573048
>ottawa treaty
>theres 3 major countries that didnt sign it, US, Russia and China
>all 3 are assholes
really fires up your neurons
>>
>>31573320
kek
>>
>>31573048
anti personnel landmines - yes they should be banned.

Anti-tank landmines which are sensitive to be detonated by personnel... those are totally fine.
>>
>>31573064
>If civilians didn't want to be killed or maimed by landmines, they shouldn't have decided to live in a place that's perfect for putting landmines in.
So... On land?
>>
>>31573292
Too bad most of the AP mines that poses a real threat to civilians are old mines without stuff like timed diffuses.

Pretty sure these VS and TS-50 mines are especially a problem since Italy sold them to pretty much any country with a name, they're made with as little metal as delectably possible, and have countermeasures against hand defusal.
>>
Punji sticks are better:
>eco friendly, Paris agreement just came into affect
>biodegradable, making them harmless after a certain amount of time
>limits collateral damage, no bystanders killed
>accessible, affordable to all, materials widely available
>>
>>31573064
Yeah man how dare they have a peaceful life somewhere, have an army occupy their town, and then litter the surrounding ground with landmines that do fuck all until after the war.
>>
Landmines are awesome. They keep retarded armies who think unprotected flanks exist at bay.
>>31574621
I love these little bastards. They get swept away by heavy rain and end up in some niggers rice paddy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.