[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a little help with my first handgun purchase.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: gen4.jpg (502KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
gen4.jpg
502KB, 2304x1536px
I'm looking for a little help with my first handgun purchase. Right now I'm deciding between the Glock 17 gen4 and the Beretta 92sf. Both are the same price at the moment and both feel pretty good in my hand. So which do you think is the better firearm to purchase?
>>
>>31572446
Glock 19
>>
they are completely different animals. you need to hold them both and get a feel for what you like more.
>>
>>31572458
What makes the 19 better?
>>
File: 1456849817356_1.png (2MB, 1080x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1456849817356_1.png
2MB, 1080x1199px
Rent them both first. Then pick the one you shoot better.
>>
>>31572480
Both feel good in my hands so that's what makes the choice tricky
>>
File: Harambe Survivor.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Harambe Survivor.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
>>31572446
Harambe Survivor in .50 African Eliminator.
>accuracy
>concealability
>durability
>capacity
>stopping power
>adjustable gas reg for hand loading
>looks
>all in one package

How could you not?
>>
>>31572511
>not buying it simply for the name
>>
>>31572446
The Glock is the better gun.

Has a rail and gen 4 comes with 3 mags.
>>
>>31572484
I'm not that guy but.
It's a little smaller than the 17, so you can conceal it with the right clothes. There's a compact 92 as well though.

I'd go for the Beretta, but that's just because I hate the Glock's grip angle.
>>
File: 57a089c83ab13.image.png (101KB, 356x267px) Image search: [Google]
57a089c83ab13.image.png
101KB, 356x267px
both are great for different reasons. both are reliable and used worldwide. that being said, do you want to be just another dick with a glock, or do you want the elegant beretta?
>>
>>31572446

well lets see you can have a real metal gun you could beat a man's skull in with and that mel "australian hitler" gibson used in Lethal Weapon or you can have a gun made out of melted down dildos that you shoot yourself in the goddamn leg with because it has zero safety features and has convinced its retarded fanboys that means they're "gooder at training"
>>
>>31572563
Don't worry if I do go for the Glock I wont be one of those fucks that puts a sticker on their car
>>
File: Sword Cutlass.gif (470KB, 424x240px) Image search: [Google]
Sword Cutlass.gif
470KB, 424x240px
>>31572446

I'd get the Beretta; but I don't like polymer or striker fired guns. The Beretta is more fun to shoot and its beautiful, so as a home defense or target gun I'd say its better.

If you're getting a Glock get a G19, it performs just as well as the G17 and its smaller and more practical if you need to conceal it.

TLDR: If its for home defense or target shooting get the Beretta, if its for conceal carry get the Glock.
>>
File: G17.jpg (401KB, 1024x801px) Image search: [Google]
G17.jpg
401KB, 1024x801px
>>31572446
17 Gen 4 here. I went to the LGS to buy a 1911 and it came down to grip comfort and weight.
>>
The glock is more practical, no queston. Its rail ready, and may come with more mags. Mags are also more common as well as other parts/ aftermarket ( not that you NEED the aftermarket).

Their are things better about the beretta. It's probably more accurate out of the box, and has better sights out of the box. Imo it's action is smoother (whatever the fuck that's worth) and I think it actually shoots a little better. Maybe not enough to matter objectively, but it feels better. So you just might find it more fun to shoot. I know I do. It also has an elegance lost on poly guns. And it's different, in alot of ways, from most modern 9mms.
In short
Practical 9mm glock > 92
Collection 9mm 92>glock

I own a berwtta 92 and multiple glocks.
>>
>>31572779
Yeah I think I'll go fondle them both again, I do have to admit the Beretta does look a little nicer
>>
>>31572895
Pretty much this OP.
The Glock is the by far more adaptable pistol. Has a rail out of the box and you can add or get the model with the slide cut for a RMR.

The Beretta does shoot nice so you should get both eventually.
>>
Easy pick the glock, comes with 3 mags usually
>>
>>31572446
I don't like glocks, abs eventually you will too because they're the mid size sedan of the gun world, but that's also exactly why you should get one, the shit works, and a few months/years down the line you can get something more fun
>>
>>31572446
I just weighed the choice between the 92fs and the g19. I chose the g19 and I don't regret my choice.
>>
>>31572458
Fuck off, manlet
>>
Glockfag here, buy the Beretta and then trade it for an XD. Take the XD to church and have Christ kiss it. Kiss Christ. Give Christ XD. Christ hates you. Should of bought a Glock.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.