[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHTF reality check

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 44

File: 1455165386736.jpg (53KB, 410x512px) Image search: [Google]
1455165386736.jpg
53KB, 410x512px
Ok I think some of you guys on here need a bit of a reality check when it comes to a SHTF situation.

> I'm gonna bug out and live in the woods.
Unless you already have a dedicated, running, functional bug out location with clean source of water and food beyond "muh huntin" you are going to die.

> I'm going to wander the wastes fallout style.
You will most likely get raped by the marauding gangs and then you are going to die.

> I'm going to go it solo.
Not much of a way to rebuild society if you are alone. You will most likely die.

Face it the only real way to survive a SHTF situation is by doing a few simple things.
> Have a reliable team that you can use to slowly build a well protected community.
> Already have food stockpiled as well as farming already started
> Bug in, for most situations bugging in is the best thing to do even in a city for the initial period before trying to make it to your dedicated bug out location.
> Don't just shoot on sight unless you are absolutely certain it's a hostile threat.
>>
Tell us something we don't already know.
>>
>>31563870
> Don't just shoot on sight unless you are absolutely certain it's a hostile threat

Well those show up red on the sights right?
>>
>>31563887
Well if you try to communicate and they try to pop a shot off, they probably aren't down for a chat. If they lower their weapon and comply with orders chances are they may be friendly.

>>31563881
You say that but give it a minute and you'll see some dumbass arguing how he did boy scouts and so he knows how to perfectly survive in the woods with just his victorinox ranger.
>>
Is it also agreed upon that one of the best tools to have for the apocalypse is good relations with your neighbors/local community?
I just feel like being on a first name basis with a majority of the people you come face to face with in your normal day would work out fairly well.
A wider range of people to potentially rely on for assistance as well as a less likely chance they'll fuck you over/or at the least if they try they'll hesitate.
I dunno, a lot of this might be naivety but Im just thinking pillar-of-the-community types have a better chance at long term survival then lone wolf/small groups.
>>
k man. you do that. ill be right wing death squadding.
>>
>>31563870
>you are going to die.
everyone
>you will most likely get raped dies
everyone gets raped
>You will most likely die.
everyone dies
>>
>>31563870
>You will most likely die.
Really? And here I thought I was gonna be immortal.
>>
>>31563870
Hey, dumbass, I did boy scouts and so I know how to perfectly survive in the woods with just my victorin..

>>>31563919

Oh...
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 424x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 424x255px
>>31563870
What if I'm already in my secret bunker with a 20yr. supply of water filters and super male vitality? I'm good right?
>>
>>31563963
I think a lot of that depends on your community. If you live in 'da ghetto' you may be better of finding somewhere new.
Where I live it's a nice area, we do have neighbors but they are spaced out. We are on first name terms but I've slowly been red pilling them and they have started keeping a supply of food they even started a small garden as a family activity which is nice.

Main thing is to "hide your power level" as it were as trustworthy as your neighbors may be you can never truly guarantee how they will act in a SHTF situation. Hence why although I am close with the neighbors the only people that really know what I have are the members of the team that will be staying with me.
>>
>>31564022
>alex jones with rhodie top

what video is this from?
>>
There are very few people on here who take it seriously. It's mostly a thought-experiment or hobby.
>>
>>31564074
Have you seen some of the arguments on these threads? I think there people take it very seriously.
>>
>>31564023
Yeah that was kind of an unspoken aspect of my post, that you really only wanna be friendly but not enough that they would have reason to fuck you over.

Which brings me to another point if we're talking about looking at SHTF legitimately and that is that doing a grey man setup seems like the only way to go imo.
Like I just see paramilitary looking dudes in full kit getting shot up by snipers/targeted by bandit groups way more intensely because they just come across as people that have way more useful dhit to steal then say, the guys hiding their shit under ratty hoodiesnkept together by ductape and rough patch work, yaknow?
>>
File: 1475633535501.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1475633535501.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>31564083
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>31564084
Honestly I have camouflage because I'm not planning on going to close to any populated areas if SHTF yeah eventually at some point I may push out and do a bit of exploration. But I think the idea of just wandering around all 'book of eli' style won't really work.

If someone can see me, whether or not they think I'm a threat, then in my opinion I'm doing something wrong.
>>
I remember a link being shared in past SHTF threads that supposedly had the first-hand account of someone who survived in a city completely cut off from law and order during one of the wars fought in or around Bosnia.
It talked about a real instance of shit hitting the fan, of what society actually ended up doing when faced with no government control and what survival strategies ended up actually working.
I can't seem to find it right now but from what I remember reading some of the best ways to survive seemed to be 1) travelling only at night 2) not looking like you had anything worth stealing and 3) having a big group of people/family to ride the shit out with.
Any way, it was a really interesting read and if anyone remembers it I'd appreciate a link.
>>
If you legitimately had a piece of land in the middle of nowhere/very low population area, preparing a bunker/livable homestead may be possible. Of course this all depends on the scenario, nuclear warfare or a military invasion may hamper those plans. For me going into the local WMA or woods would seem pretty dumb, and you'd likely have a good deal of competition.
>>
>>31564129
Yeah I can dig that. I guess the way I figure it, people might be less likely to spend the ammo if they don't think there's anything good on my corpse but in all actuality the safest what's just not being seen period, I s'pose
>>
Way i see it is the SHTF scenarios people make up and plan for are off of the fucking wall. Plan for actual fucking things to happen. Some of these include in the possible to more than likely side of the pool
>weather disaters or natrual disater.
>economy collapse or depression
>large outbreak of highly transmitable and lethal virus (no not god damn fucking zombies, think c-diff that anti biotics wont kill ever.)
To the not very likely
>civil war
>forgien invaders
>nucular bombs
>trump dosent forgive us of our sins and bring us to the promise land
Plan for the likely outcomes, and perpare accordingly with supplies and rations. Also yes be nice to people who live near you, you savages.
Me personally i keep two "go bags" for either side of the spectrum in my house. One for likely one for not likely
>>
>>31564167
Fuck. The "safest way", not the "safest what".
>>
>>31564160
Military invasion? I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of my ... WOLVERINES
>>
>Implying I want to live longer than 2 weeks and I'm not just in it for the multitude of firefights and compound bow kills.
>>
>>31563870
FL
>Muh hog
>Muh palm trees
>Muh skeeters
>Muh citrus
>Muh snakes
>Muh daily rain
>Muh 102 degree temps with 90% humidity that can solar still water

I will be ok OP.
>>
File: 1474754466235.jpg (1MB, 1504x2964px) Image search: [Google]
1474754466235.jpg
1MB, 1504x2964px
>>31564154
>>
>>31564193
Yeah Florida fag here too.

I gotta agree with this poster 100%, this states like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory in that fucken everything is edible. Stinging nettle leaves can make a soup, pine tree needles make a tea, the roots of a palmetto bush can be boiled into something reminiscent of cabbage (we call it swamp cabbage).
That's not to mention that the North Central area of Florida has some of the most fresh water springs in America.
>>
>>31564193
Also FL

>Muh 24/7 ball soup
>Muh violent urbanites/foreigners
>Muh flooding

I'm thinking Appalachia would be pretty close to ideal.
>>
>>31564218
Kickass, thanks!
>>
>>31564174
So what your saying is that all I need now is a CBRN kit. I have a a small farm, stockpiled food, wells for water, reinforced basement/safe room for natural disaster.

I'm pretty much covered for all the likely threats you mentioned.
>>
>>31564241
No problem /k/uck
>>
>>31564083
You're talking about people who will treat shit like "_________ is best waifu" just as "seriously" on here, most folk are just having fun.
>>
>>31563881
Ben and Jerry originally wanted to get into the bagel business, but the machinery was too expensive.
>>
Texas Gulf Coast here, I prepare for hurricanes as directed by my county. Have food and water stocked, need more though. I plan to bug in, I live in a close community and everyone has been through it before.

Also have some gear from when i was in the Army and a small 2 day bag
>>
>>31563870
>Unless you already have a dedicated, running, functional bug out location with clean source of water and food beyond "muh huntin" you are going to die.
I have a Life Straw and a space blanket. I can survive for 14.8 years by drinking dirty shit water and eating forest mushrooms, faggot.
>>
>>31564510
Just make sure to eat the right ones
>>
>>31564218
>We traded our gold for ammunition

What's the bet that of he'd converted that gold into cash pre-SHTF and bough ammo with it he'd have more?
>>
>>31564533
I have studied the flora and fauna of 842 distinct ecosystems. This is not an issue.
>>
>>31563870
Of all the shtf threads I've been a part of my stance is still the same. Unless it's nuclear and I'm forced from my area I'm not leaving my fucking house. I have plenty of food and ammo here plus a small lake very close. I have an inner garden to grow food, and my house is not only decently secluded but it is quite defendable aswell. I would definitely stay and hunker down, reinforce the windows and doors and slowly get a team together. If my stockpile of food runs out, there's plenty of board and deer in the area I can hunt, not to mention I can always fish at the lake. It truly seems to be my best chance of survival.
>>
>>31564218
Thank you anon
>>
>>31564193
What's the population of Florida?

Let's say Cleetus and his family of 25 (+34 extended family) all decide to occupy several acres of land, covering the most fertile swampland in all of Florida.

Let's say House Cleetus barters an alliance with House Jamal (47), and House Jamal occupies the land adjacent to House Cleetus.

Let's say House Cleetus and House Jamal control 36% of all profitable land in Post-Apocalypse Florida, so 77% of all abiding people swear fealty to them in biweekly tithes and tributes.

What are you going to do then? Huh? Are you going to try and hunt on King Bartholomew's royal land and risk getting your hand chopped off? Are you going to try and steal from House Jamal's larders and risk getting hung and strung as an example?

I ask you these questions not out of sincerity, but just because I'm really, really bored, and entertaining these whimsical fantasies distracts me from my impending boredom.

I want to live in Mad Max so bad. Start the nuclear winter already, what is everyone waiting for? Even if I die, at least I'll be able to watch on in approval in the afterlife. JUST PRESS THE BUTTON ALREADY.
>>
>>31564324
...Huh
>>
>>31564556
gold isn't necessarily the best for full collapse. It's better as a like, "my country is fucked but there's a nice 3rd world nation nearby where I can buy a new home with this coin"
I completely agree though, if you're prepping for full collapse with no plans to leave, you're better off with supplies than "precious" anything
>>
>>31564218
>Make your house as unattractive as you can
I remember watching this somewhat optimistic special on the history channel about SHTF and remember them saying something like that too.

They said take a bunch of old clothes, and other stuff, and chuck it out on the front, and basically try and make it look like someone has already looted your house. And I say optimistic, but while they do say "don't be afraid to help people, it might even pay off later on", they do also talk about how most people can't be trusted and will probably take your shit.
>>
>>31564658
Anon was asking to be told something he didn't already know. So the other anon figured he didn't know about Ben & Jerry's business decisions.
>>
>>31564657
Simple. My family clan once laid with the kin of Cletus many years ago and I am the third cousin twice removed of Cletus or one of his brood members. I am welcomed unto their land as brother!

Seriously though, my families been here forever and I'm related to nearly everyone whose been here more then a couple generations. Besides, by marrying into the lands of Jamal, Cletus doesn't know he's pissing off Racist Bo and his good'ol boys, starting a race war. In the confusion I go undetected.
>>
>>31564713
No, no, no, no, no. I got that part.

My "huh" was more of like a "huh", as in like a "Huh, really makes you think" kind of "huh". NOT the "huh" as in "Huh? Can you say that again?"
>>
>>31563870
SHTF reality check: it's all grown men playing make believe
>>
>>31564686
This.

Though it's actually kinda paradoxical. Gold isn't useful in the immediate after math of the collapse, when survival is the primary focus of most people. It's for all the tired old reasons people say in these threads, you can't eat it, shoot it, fuck it, or wipe your ass with it.

But after society starts to rebuild, people will definitely accept gold and other precious metals as a medium of trade because of their consistent value. A stash of coins wouldn't be a bad idea in that case, but personally if I was going to stash coins for after SHTF I'd go for silver for the most part because the post apocalyptic world isn't going to be running on the D&D pricing scale.
>>
>>31564735
it is and it also isnt, im sure most anons use it as an extension to the roleplaying we all do anyways. but shtf isn't an impossible scenarior for us to go through. literally all that has to happen is the power to go out for a long period of time, natural disaster or riots going out of control for the shit to hit the fan. just think of katrina
>>
File: 271269.gif (810KB, 160x130px) Image search: [Google]
271269.gif
810KB, 160x130px
>>31563870

>SHTF reality check

There's deep irony to be found here.
>>
>>31564735
>>31564762
For $500 I'll take what is Katrina?
>>
>>31564774
la race riots
>>
At the end of the day I think it build down to this. While nobody ever truly believes that Shit will well and truly hit the fan. The fact that it has happened in the past, all over the globe to different countries at different levels of development is enough to warrant a reason to prep.

How much and to what level is of course up to you. But I feel it's naive and ignorant to assume that just because you live in America or Canada or [insert developed country here] you immune to catastrophe.
>>
>>31564254
Yeah pretty much more or less. A sustainable amount of resources, Protective chem gear, and total isolation in the events of a ugly new supper virus is game over for the virus before it starts. If you have no open contagencey factors you dont get sick. Just make sure to keep a book about pandemics or basic virology around if you every do have to come across or dispose of one or several infected persons so you dont die in a really really stupid way.
>>
>>31564254
I wouldn't count on springs and water wells as reliable if you live near a population center. Plenty of people made that mistake in the Hill Country of Texas, custom homes built in the area and the rapid growth of orchards and vineyards is depleting groundwater fast. If you live anywhere near an oil patch your water could become polluted as well.
>>
File: 1455076820551 - Copy.jpg (57KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455076820551 - Copy.jpg
57KB, 750x750px
>>31563870
>> I'm gonna bug out and live in the woods.
>Unless you already have a dedicated, running, functional bug out location with clean source of water and food beyond "muh huntin" you are going to die.

I think the people that legitimately plan to do that are quite few in number.
>>
>>31563978
everyone gets raped
>>31564011
Hey, dumbass, I did boy scouts

>Gay ScoutLeaders: the real reason so much of k/ wants to innawoods...
>>
>>31565634
I did cadets when I lived in the UK, less homosexuality, more homoeroticism, more firearms.
>>
File: 1468345848613.png (800KB, 1029x718px) Image search: [Google]
1468345848613.png
800KB, 1029x718px
>>31563870
Did you just watch walking dead on netflix nigger? Were you just playing the electric jew vidya?
>present self pompously with condescending 'tude
>ramble about generic "no-duhs" of surviving
>give literally zero helpful advice on any of subjects mentioned
>g-guys you need a reality check: you n-need food and water
fuck off, faggot
>>
>>31564218
family went trough the same shit on the other side of the town
can confirm
video games and posting pictures and statistics on /k/ is childish
>>
I'm gonna shoot myself in the head
>>
>>31564686
Agree that supplies are better than everything else put together, even for barter, but keeping precious metals for when things calm down a little is better than having cash. Every time my country goes through one of its economical collapses, money comes out the other side being worthless. And if you're thinking of accessing your savings in the bank, you're in trouble. One of the first things they're likely to do is limit withdrawals and transfers.
>>
>>31563870
I'm going to stay home and laugh at people who can't survive without welfare is more like it.
>>
>>31563870
>Don't just shoot on sight unless you are absolutely certain it's a hostile threat

But what if I am the hostile threat?
>>
>>31565944
this cant be real
>>
>>31565033
What's wrong with hunting to supplement your diet in a survival situation?
>>
>>31563919
>If they lower their weapon and comply with orders chances are they may be friendly.

Meanwhile, the other guy is thinking the exact same thing about you.

You need to put some serious thought into initial communication. Pointing a gun and barking orders is a good way to escalate.
>>
>precious metals

those are fine and dandy and silver is an excellent antimicrobial, you can make colloidal silver if you have a few brain cells to rub together and it works quite well. Hell, you can drop a piece of silver bullion into a jar of water or milk and it will keep it clean and fight the microbes.

so it has its uses as long as you can convince someone its not a fake coin.

but picture this

>shit has done HTF
>gov running around trying to round people up and take their shit because gov worse than looters
>people freaking out
>shelves long since bare
>3 weeks into no power because massive grid failures
>you stroll into a town and manage to not get shot
>you meet barney and betty smith on the edge of their farmland and ask them if they want to trade
>you need ammo and food
>you whip out some silver and gold you have saved in your pocket

now just picture yourself in that situation. Maybe it's been 3 weeks maybe 6 weeks, and by now everyone has realized that it may be years before manufacturing and delivery of goods starts to happen again. You have food, some guy rolls up with a coin. Do you hand over 5 boxes of cartridges and a bag of soup cans & rice for X amount of silver bullion coins?

The beauty of capitalism or "free trade" is that supply and demand and common sense determines prices and value, and it works well in the absence of organized crony capitalism. But what do you do in that situation? Do you know if gold/silver is going to be worth a hit again and how far away is that time? How can you be sure you can re-convert that gold or silver into ammo and food in this post shtf environment when the cash model has been thoroughly shredded?

these finer points deserve more study, especially on the lives of individuals who survived and are surviving hyperinflation and other disasters. When and how is gold and silver worth what it is supposed to be worth when goods are in short supply?
>>
>>31566181
Well on that case make sure you have a clean shot, don't go wasting your ammo it'll most likely be precious.
>>
>>31566181
Kek
>>
>>31566181
Then you shoot yourself.

ALWAYS eliminate the threat.
>>
>>31564930
>While nobody ever truly believes that Shit will well and truly hit the fan.
If they did well and truly believe it, the logical thing would be to move somewhere else.
>>
>>31566554
Very true however verbal and visual commands can be given without barking, simply talking normally while projecting your voice is normally suitable to communicate orders without sounding overtly aggressive.
>>
>>31566660
>>31566660
This, the metals meme needs to die.

When shit hits the fan people won't care about that shit, they want food, ammo, medicine, water, clothe, shoes, ect. Someone post the article of the guy who lived through a modern seige. He said medicine, soap, and lighters we better than gold.
>>
>>31564154
Reminds me of the game This War of Mine...
>>
>BUG out bag
>no bug spray

Enjoy your malaria
>>
>>31566833
It honestly depends on the exact context of the situation you're going through.

In hyperinflation, metals keep their value better than everything except fuel, weapons, ammo and medicine.

If you have the need and opportunity to leave the country, they are easy to conceal and transport and keep their value across borders.

Anything else, copper is extremely valuable, since most people (at least over here) know how to use it to make and repair electric circuits, silver has some uses as disinfectant, and gold is worthless.
>>
>>31563919
>wait to get shot at
lmfao I will wait a few minutes (observing, without contact) then just shoot you regardless of your intentions if the world has truly gone to shit. I want to look through your stuff and take what looks good. The only thing keeping me from looting your corpse is your friends and their location after the shtf
Trying to make friends with randoms is a good way to die. You'd have to get pretty lucky and see them first, too.
>>
>>31563870
You call this a reality check you video game nerd?
Here's a reality check for you.
Any shtf sit. would more closely resemble The Grapes of Wrath than The Road Warrior.
>>
>>31565944
>That pic
Are you fucking shitting me
>>
>I live in a small Wisconsin town

Why would I ever need to worry about bugging out when I live next to two farms already in a community of hunters and fishermen?
>>
>>31564556
good, but very few people think in advance that way

on a related note, don't preppers hoard nickels or pennies or something?
>>
>>31567546
>>31566267
Welcome to modern America. They tried to have a lawyer get the story pulled from the web but you can still find it here and there if you really look.
>>
>>31564083
I once met a guy on here who went on about how he would "cleanse the world of evil," and "kill all the thugs that do as they please." Every time someone made fun of him he either replied by threatening to kill them when SHTF or saying they'd be sorry when he saves their life. He even told me that he'd laugh when he sees a raider group gangraping me.
>>
>>31564324
Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>31564556
Depends. Bosnian currency might not have been very stable at the time, with maybe an unfavorable exchange rate.

You also need to consider that guns/ammo might have been heavily restricted in Bosnia prior to shtf, and thus unavailable to the regular folk.

Personally, I think that whole story is a little too pat. It seems like it was polished up some to drive traffic to his website, and get people in the frame of mind to do some shopping.
>>
the only sure way to survive in the SHTF is to actually live in the woods. sure, have a computer and modern necessities, but make sure you live semi off the land and are mostly self sufficient. trust me, bugging out and having a sleeping bag and tarp won't get you through the winter, especially if you're living in a shitty shelter.
>>
File: 11-1013-2.jpg (143KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
11-1013-2.jpg
143KB, 800x800px
>literally never see what may be your single best asset to have long-term if SHTF posted

We're better than this
>>
>>31566267
Think of it as a secondary level Darwin Award. Dude and his wife (I'm assuming) are so ghetto-tier that their baby shot herself to escape.

There are many ways to remove yourself from the gene pool.
>>
>>31566774
There's no place liveable that doesn't have some type of shtf event on a recurring basis.
>>
>>31567487
>Me gonna kill people for their stuff
You are the worst kind of faggot
>>
>>31569890
Why not just store salt and make salted meat when the time comes?
>>
>>31569821
I live in a semi tropical climate, our winters go down to 50 degrees F at the lowest. The summers are hot as fuck but fall/winter/early spring are very, very mild. Fishing is excellent too.
>>
>>31566267
It's not. I saw pic on the right long before 2012.
>>
File: The-Joker-Snickers-Commerical.jpg (91KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
The-Joker-Snickers-Commerical.jpg
91KB, 970x545px
>>31567487
Have fun being hunted down like a fucking movie monster and strung up after being tortured for killing Billy Bob's son who was a doctor and pillar of the community, for some random shit u can't even use. Your kind won't last long.
Pshhh, nuthin' personal kid
>>
>>31563870
There's a difference between SHTF and TEOTWAWKI. Regular old zombie/spic/nigger horde SHTF can be ridden out by up armoring your home and spraying a few thousand rounds of M193 5.56 or steelcase AK food into the horde. TEOTWAWKI is probably going to kill a good 80% of the planet via starvation when modern agribusiness goes tits up, so you need a defensible farm for that long term.
>>
>>31563919
>Well if you try to communicate and they try to pop a shot off

Then you already fucked up and are probably going to get killed.
But thanks for the advice, retard.
>>
>>31570024

Because IC#1 is way easier and works faster.
>>
File: 1472308989428.jpg (63KB, 500x537px) Image search: [Google]
1472308989428.jpg
63KB, 500x537px
>>31563870

Original Plan Donut Steel:

>Bug-in until the chaos of the initial happening dies down
>bug-out with the pham to location marked on map when the dust settles with as much shit as I can possibly pack into truck
>area is an oasis of mountains/forests in an endless sea of desert. Clean water, shelter, and higher elevation for lookout

I ain't worried 'bout nuffin bring it on nigga
>>
>>31563870
Not everyone has to be the community builders... Some people can join the community.

I'll go fallout style and join a community for my "operations headquarters" for lack of a better word.
>>
>>31569821
Why do innawoods types never consider what the other hundred million people are going to do?

You really think they're just going to stay in the cities and starve?
>>
File: 234637qsdf23.jpg (186KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
234637qsdf23.jpg
186KB, 1024x576px
>>31569821

Why not just inhabit a pre-made building in bumfuck nowhere middle-america? There are bound to be countless ghost towns that already have insulated shelters and semi-rural enough to plant crops around
>>
Whatever people do after shift really depends on what the situation is.

Your best bet is to take adequate precautions and hope for the best. No plan will be perfect.
Covering the basics (shelter, water, food) is really the best thing you can do.

And weapons, plenty of weapons and ammo.
>>
>>31570197
>You really think they're just going to stay in the cities and starve?

Yes? Either that or go into the woods and starve.
>>
What happens after a nuclear war where all animals and fish are contaminated with radiation
>>
>>31570264
Even if just 10% of the US population took to the countryside you're looking at 30 million people competing for game and fish. There won't be anything left after a month.
>>
>>31570335

Who says it has to be from a nuclear war?

If that were the case, not every square patch of earth will be radiated you know
>>
>>31564695
>Make your house as unattractive as you can

I remember reading on one of the early 2000's prepper forums someone coming up with the idea of string up a bunch of caution/police tape and posting CDC Infectious Disease Quarantine signs around entrances. Anybody with a little literacy isn't going to want to fuck around with that.
>>
>>31563881
The majority of the 18-21 year old demographic of /k/ wholeheartedly, and quite aggressively defends, that the only items you need your mom to buy you to survive the apocalypse are merrell moabs, the cheapest surplus camouflage clothing you can find, and either an unreliable bolt action rifle that's inaccurate or an sks which during its blueprint phase was already flawed and obsolete both of which both shooting poor ammunition that's only imported in extremely small amounts purely for novelty purposes.

They also currently drink more soda than water and don't understand that the reason they are alive now is not because of a fantasy to act as much like an obscure video game as possible.

So fuck you, the OP was well warranted.
>>
File: 30142u_0.jpg (653KB, 1600x1270px) Image search: [Google]
30142u_0.jpg
653KB, 1600x1270px
>>31570197
Some Reasons
Normal Bombing and nuclear bombing. Many countries would go to war and bomb each other.

Government camps. The Government would put the majority of people in cities into camps, similar to the ones made by the americans to put the wehrmacht in at ww2. Most people would die from starvation and exposure.

Disease. Disease would be constant.

Also, you don't underestimate how stupid cityfolk are. They would probably believe that the warnings to get out of homes are just drills, and take a comfort blanket, their laptops, etc. nothing to survive innawoods. many would die of bad water, starvation, being killed by others and exposure.

and i never said you shouldnt have food stores. you should have livestock, and lots of canned food.
>>
>>31570435
>these things I just pulled out of my ass prove OP right

Hi, OP.
>>
My town is 20 miles from a major city. Most of my neighbors are cops or other govt workers. I've talked to a few of them about being prepared and we all agree.
>>
File: 1475019163293.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475019163293.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>31563870
>> I'm going to go it solo.
>Not much of a way to rebuild society if you are alone. You will most likely die.

Suck my dick. Failing being able to get in contact with my family, sticking with just my wife and dog is far safer than being around others, for both us and them.

People are fucking evil. Stay away from anyone who isn't blood when SHTF. Childhood friends will stab you in the back at first opportunity if it benefits them.
>>
>>31564580
> if Society breaks down I can just go hunt something
> everyone else around you is thinking the same thing

In the event of a real societal collapse, ungulates are going to go extinct.
>>
>>31570457
>Normal Bombing and nuclear bombing. Many countries would go to war and bomb each other.

This would force people out of the cities. This is an argument in my favor.

>Government camps. The Government would put the majority of people in cities into camps, similar to the ones made by the americans to put the wehrmacht in at ww2. Most people would die from starvation and exposure.

Again, this would encourage people to abandon urban areas and hide in rural areas. Also, building camps to house 300 million is literally impossible.

>Also, you don't underestimate how stupid cityfolk are. They would probably believe that the warnings to get out of homes are just drills, and take a comfort blanket, their laptops, etc. nothing to survive innawoods. many would die of bad water, starvation, being killed by others and exposure.

Definitely true. But even if only 1 in every 10 city dweller made it safely to the countryside, that's enough to utterly decimate any game species and fish the rivers dry in weeks.

These thought experiments would be more fun if you guys made the premise even mildly realistic.
>>
>>31570681
>ungulates are going to go extinct

Didn't this almost happen during the Great Depression, as well?
>>
File: IMG_5316.jpg (980KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5316.jpg
980KB, 3264x2448px
I'm taking my boat offshore to a rig. I've already been to the abandoned one I've picked out. Explored it a. It. Fish should provide a lot of my diet but I'll also bring supplies for a garden using three fish carcasses for fertilizer. Hopefully get enough soil built up to have a decent size farm, possibly even trees.

Security is good, stable platform to shoot and visibility to the horizon. A thermal or night vision scope would be necessary. Small boat to escape.

Rain would help with the water but can't be relied on. Solar still maybe? It's gonna be distilling saltwater so fire is an option too.

Power can be solar, wind, water, or human powered. Won't need that much though.

Close enough to shore to return if needed in a few hours.
Thoughts?
>>
File: df.png (477KB, 611x612px) Image search: [Google]
df.png
477KB, 611x612px
>>31570250
Too many entrances? I dunno. Probably could if you're willing to take the time to fix the place up and make it safe, but if people see smoke, they're gonna come.
>>
>>31564324
I didn't know that
>>
>>31570699
I think you utterly underestimate how big the USA is.
>>
File: 1420101946881.jpg (750KB, 1900x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1420101946881.jpg
750KB, 1900x1160px
>>31570699
and? nuclear bombs hit the outskirts of a city then everybody who tries to get out is dead from the radiation. atleast 20% of the population dies from the bombing.
Soldiers would find anybody outside the camps and kill them. yes, a few would survive.

also it is likely a SHTF event would be caused by a plague, so 90% of the population could be wipied out within weeks as well.
>>
>>31570738
>fire
What is your source of combustibles? You'll have to make plenty of trips to land for firewood
>>
>>31570738
what happens when it falls apart
>>
>>31563870
We are all going to die some way or another. The only questions are "how" and "for what purpose".
>>
>>31563870
>When shit hits the fan, I'M GOING TO DRESS UP IN MY FANCY EXPENSIVE TACTICAL GEAR AND WIELD MY UBER COOL AR15 THAT'S ABSOLUTELY OFF THE RAILS WITH TONS OF SHIT AND thwack
>gets sniped by a shitty plinker, corpse looted
>>
File: carriers_ver4_xlg.jpg (411KB, 1012x1500px) Image search: [Google]
carriers_ver4_xlg.jpg
411KB, 1012x1500px
>>31570774
>also it is likely a SHTF event would be caused by a plague

On that note, I would strongly recommend the film Carriers to all the anons itt. It's a depressingly realistic look at post-pandemic survival.
>>
>>31566267
It isn't you gullible egg.
Juggalo baby funeral was for a kid that died or sids or something
>>
>>31570778
That's why it wouldn't be the main method. I completely agree.

>>31570783
I leave if it gets too bad but hopefully it'll be years.
>>
>>31570717
Yes. And that was with 200 million fewer people.

>>31570767

And I think you utterly underestimate what 320 million people can do.
>>
>>31566660
Yes
>>
>>31564324

Well played.
>>
>>31563967

Mein neger. Let us cleanse.

See you out there brother.
>>
>>31563870
Goin out to sea. Eat a dick land swabs!
>>
>>31570774
This is just cringeworthy.

Nobody is nuking population centers. Only realistic scenario is Muslims smuggling in a dirty bomb or maybe even a low-yield device. That's just one city.

>Soldiers would find anybody outside the camps and kill them.

Are you talking about video games? This isn't even remotely plausible.

>also it is likely a SHTF event would be caused by a plague

"likely"
>>
>>31570949
>This isn't even remotely plausible.

This. At not point in history have government agents used deadly force against innocent, unarmed civilians, especially on a mass scale.
>>
>>31570990
*no point
>>
>>31563870
> Don't just shoot on sight unless you are absolutely certain it's a hostile threat.

thats gotten a lot of people killed for at least a hundred or more years.

sorry kammeraden, if you come across me in my super secret club house, im putting you down before you can run away.
>>
>>31563870
I bet youre fun at parties
>>
you niggers don't know shit from fucking shit. I'll tell you what to fucking do. You buy a fucking lighthouse in the middle of fucking nowhere. those things are pretty much unsinkable (make sure you buy one in a decent condition). You have 360 view all around it, if some niggnoggs come knocking you blow them up.
>>
>>31563870
Food supply stored and longterm set

team set (everyone knows where to meet)

power supply set

live in lol no guns europe (no chance of being shot)

get the fuck on my level scrub lord
>>
>>31571093
enjoy that as you cucks in europe call it, "refugge" dick in your ass and mouth eurocuck.
>>
>>31571145
your reality is, russians are coming, germans are coming, refugees are already there. you are fucked.
>>
>>31570738
oooo it has a helipad?

i wonder how long i could preserve a helicopter up there... probably not well or long tho considering salt water fucking everywhere.....

>aviation mechanic
>>
>>31566833
Scroll up a bit, it was posted already
>>
>>31571404
What about some pop up tarp thing.

I know helicopter are frangile things but I live on the coast, literally backyard is ocean and I've noticed no accelerated erosion on anything I have. Cars, boats, exsposed steel. Is it really that bad?
>>
>>31563870

Already have 3 plans.

1: relocate to a buddies place. He lives out in the boonies and we are pretty close. Not only dose he have deer out there he also has well water and a clean stream nearby , meat preservation and farming wouldn't be hard to do.also hes my ride or die nigga because nothing spells bonded for life like raiding a crack house.

2: Bug in: were in a decent area , edge of the city and close to the boonies. Most likely evac with everything to my wife's parents home and set up there. Again well water , a stream nearby but would be dangerous since it's open and in a somewhat crowded area and food wise there's some wildlife but raiding the near by store will be key basically at that point. They do have about 2 years of dry goods so that's a plus.

3: Boonies: nice area I found scouting for a hunting place. Large dirt mound close to a large stream. Perfect place to set up a small place into the mud and clay mound. A lot of fish there and pretty out of sight. But that is worse case scenario since I would have to basically tear down and hike material from a old deserted cabin about a mile to the location.
>>
File: a-boy-and-his-dog-quilla.png (127KB, 576x256px) Image search: [Google]
a-boy-and-his-dog-quilla.png
127KB, 576x256px
In all honesty if shit were to hit the fan I would try to find this pretty blonde I sorta know try and show my use if that doesn't work I try and find some place peaceful a put an end to myself
>>
>>31566795
>communicate orders without sounding overtly aggressive.

That's the problematic part, right there. If you're pointing a gun at an armed stranger, and giving commands, you've narrowed all options down to fight, flight, or surrender.

How would you react if some armed stranger points a gun at you and starts telling you what to do? You have no idea what their intentions are, the power has been off for 5 weeks, and you've noticed smoke plumes at different points on the horizon in the last month.

Like I said, you need to plan for initial contact with random individuals or groups.

If they didn't open fire as soon as they spotted you, that's something to keep in mind.

Instead of trying to issue commands, try asking if the other party wants to talk. Just 3 words- can we talk. That will take a lot of tension out of the situation. You still might be told to gtfo, but that beats the hell out of getting shot because somebody didn't like the way you were trying to order him around.
>>
>>31566833
Already posted, and he also said metals were used for trade.
>>
>>31571627
>also hes my ride or die nigga because nothing spells bonded for life like raiding a crack house.
story time
>>
>>31571283
>tfw the rest of the world hates you

ww3 wil just be america getting kicked to the curb by europe and russia. Start coming to terms with it now and it will be less of a shock
>>
My best IRL friend has a house, our plan is that we will hole up in there and board everything up as best we can (we own about 20 combined guns including 10 ish rifles and have a ton of ammo). We would need a water and canned food stockpile if we ever get serious about it though.
>>
>>31570990
I'll take "who are the Kurds" for $1000 Alex
>>
>>31570024

because curing salt preserves meat way better than table salt.
>>
>>31564057
That's Belgian camo, not Rhodie
>>
>>31563919
>If they lower their weapon and comply with orders chances are they may be friendly.

Unless you walk up behind someone and point a gun to their head, no one is going to "comply" with your orders.

Your best bet is to observe and try to make sure they arent a psycho and then make yourself known at a distance of like 25 yards at least.

Two people holding their guns at their waist not pointing them at each other is your best bet. Then maybe you can talk them into puttin their gun in a holster or sling, but only if you do the same
>>
File: eagle scout.jpg (118KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
eagle scout.jpg
118KB, 1280x960px
>>31565634
shut up you cub scout fag
>>
Imma just buy a shit ton of the 3 essentials. Water, food, and toilet paper.
>>
>>31566030
>One of the first things they're likely to do is limit withdrawals and transfers.

thats funny. there are multiple reports of ATMs not working un Germany...
>>
File: all good.jpg (124KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
all good.jpg
124KB, 1280x960px
>>31564324
i did not know that
>>
>>31564573
what about the winter?
>>
>>31570738
Hydroponics, maybe? You'll have to pre-stage a lot of the equipment, but it wouldn't look out of place on the rig.

Solar distilling would definitely be the way to go. Also, start tracing pipes back from faucets. See if you can figure out where the fresh water tank is. That's a good resource to have, even if it's empty.

Also look at stockpiling some solar panels. With those, you can run a pump, a radio, maybe a high-efficiency refrigerator, and the like. You can also break hydrogen out of seawater. That gives you a fuel source, although you won't have a really effective way to store it. You could rig a blimp, which gives you a totally unexpected escape option if hostile strangers show up.
>>
>>31570525
>20 miles from a major city

So 2 days walk?
>we have cops and sheeit

So you have 30 men at most against a city?

I'm not trying to be a dick, you're better off than most. But nigga you still gon get deaded
>>
>>31570392
>DaLivingston Johnson and LaCarpetron Dookmarriot pillaging and raping after the great happening of 2016
>find house in white suburb
>doors and windows locked, minimal physical damage to property
>some white crakas threw all their honkey threads on the ground

shiiiieeeet
>>
File: operator beavis.jpg (50KB, 224x278px) Image search: [Google]
operator beavis.jpg
50KB, 224x278px
>>31572952
Good, good. Everybody always seems to forget the TP for their bunghole.

>>31572988
Sauce. Right the fuck now.
>>
>>31564739
>or wipe your ass with it.
>he doesnt know about the golden shells in the bathroom
>>
>>31573088
Have you not been following the Deutsche Bank fiasco? There was some concern last week that DB was going to implode because of SEC fines.

Apparently, one of the control measures that were implemented was slowing and limiting ATM withdrawals in Yurop.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 1024x768px
>live in western mass
>live 20 minutes from the actual countryside, and NH/VT arnt far up north
>going to actually stay inside for the first week and wait for people to spread out
>make my way to downtown springfield
>camp out on the top floor of the tallest building of pic related (Monarch Place)
not that it'll ever happen but it'd be comfy
>>
>>31573206
>Have you not been following the Deutsche Bank fiasco?
Yes.

>Apparently, one of the control measures that were implemented was slowing and limiting ATM withdrawals in Yurop
Okay, fine. Sauce.
>>
>>31572913
That have ID cards. I'm dying right now haha
>>
>>31571627
>They do have about 2 years of dry goods
for how many people? Or is it a secret store that only you know about?
>>
>>31573258
https://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2016/10/02/predicted-deutsche-bank-failing-atms-go-dark-jubilee-end-day.html
>>
>>31564761
This.
It's kind like prepping for the "zombie apocalypse"

Extremely unlikely, but if you're prepared for that you're prepared for almost anything else.

So prepping for an end to the world as we know it just means you're well prepared when a more realistic SHTF scenario hits.
>>
>>31563870
What if my plan is "start a gang of marauding rapists"?
>>
File: faggot.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>31563870

>I'm gonna bug out and live in the woods.

No I'm not, I'm going to camp out for a few days maybe a week with my buddies and make my way back to the urban centers when all the dindus are finished killing each other.

If that doesn't happen, well then it's full on civil war time anyway.

>I'm going to wander the wastes fallout style.

Does anyone actually consider that a viable strategy? Oh right, no of course they don't because that's absolutely retarded.

>I'm going to go it solo.

We all know there are only two types of people seriously contemplating going it solo. Larping NEET retards with no real understanding of the outside world. The other kind are just total sociopaths who were chomping at the bit to run around sniping people.

>Have a reliable team that you can use to slowly build a well protected community.

I already have a local band of /pol/ocks and /k/ommandos with planned rally points and we're currently working on supply caches.

>Already have food stockpiled as well as farming already started

I'm in my early 20s and it's costing me a fuck ton just to get my bugout bag and proper battle rifle. That being said I do have a few weeks worth of beans, rice, and vitamins stored away here.

>Bug in, for most situations bugging in is the best thing to do even in a city for the initial period before trying to make it to your dedicated bug out location.

Good thing I'm in the burbs and not the city proper like some of my people are.

>Don't just shoot on sight unless you are absolutely certain it's a hostile threat.

No fucking shit dumbass.

Congratulations OP you successfully made a thread about the most obvious shit in the world. Good job.
>>
File: praise kek.jpg (50KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
praise kek.jpg
50KB, 1111x597px
>>31566181
>>
File: 1475022193221-pol.jpg (173KB, 1360x766px) Image search: [Google]
1475022193221-pol.jpg
173KB, 1360x766px
>>31563967
>>31570931
Hey, friends.
Looks like we'll be rolling deep.
>>
File: did someone say rwds.png (307KB, 842x725px) Image search: [Google]
did someone say rwds.png
307KB, 842x725px
>>31563967
>>31570931
>>31575567

RWDS HYPE!

Side note anyone know where I can purchase a "Mac Tonight" uniform patch?
>>
File: 1469542916360-x.png (322KB, 800x619px) Image search: [Google]
1469542916360-x.png
322KB, 800x619px
>>31575620
Oh, shit, man. That was the picture I was looking for on my phone to post but I didn't have it. Thank you.

I can always count on my RWDSbros to have my back.

I actually think I saw one in a patch thread. If you see it, let me know, so I can identify you if you come to purge in Boston.
>>
>tfw I want to be on the rwds but they'll shoot me for being a faggot.
oh well... I guess I'll have to join up with lord humongous's gang
>>
>>31563967
>>31570931
>>31575567
>>31575620
>>
File: 1475261443431-a.jpg (1MB, 2133x1572px) Image search: [Google]
1475261443431-a.jpg
1MB, 2133x1572px
>>31575761
I'm more than willing to accept your fagging as long as you don't flagrantly flaunt it around like some goober.

I'm not a monster. You're welcome in my squad, as long as you execute with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>31575567
>Big Smoke on the lower right
kek
>>
>>31563870
I am so glad I live in alaska. It's going to suck if SHTF for you lower 48ers.
>>
>>31573800

2 years enough for 5 people. Along with 2 years of baby food's.

>>31571803
> Good friend of mine shed blood shooting a short single gauge together asked for some help moving shit from a house
> cool where at.
> ghetto part of town , he went earlier and found crack heads in there so wanted a extra hand and gun
> fuck yea why not
> go in and no one there sadly
> grab screw driver and start busting all wall sockets and shit
> found really nothing I liked but help move a few couches for him and other things
> found a few dildos and vibrator's , took apart Tvs , found a ton of VHS , drugs , a single dummy finger , live bird in a cage , and a lot of sand.
> before we leave we trash the place , I piss in the kitchen after we trash it.
> go to the garage and take a new x-mas tree in the box along with a copy of jurassic park.
> fuck it , it was a decent day
> think before I leave I go back in there , make a shitty cross and write in rancid ketchup "jebus made this possible " and then with gloves on threw the dildos on the cross and toss mayo all over it

I'm damn happy that day.
>>
>>31570550
You disgust me so much, Id kill you, fuck your wife, and marry your dog.
>>
>>31567289
>Hide in closet
>Beat bandit to death with shovel
>Get rifle and armor
>Sell for food/medicine for starving/ill lady because fucking winter
>Guy kills self because depressed
>Lady becomes bedridden again
>Lady dies
10/10 would SHTF again
>>
File: 1350629226960.png (99KB, 1165x844px) Image search: [Google]
1350629226960.png
99KB, 1165x844px
>>31573088
>Everybody always seems to forget the TP for their bunghole.
Don't forget lube Phil, those traps would really mess you up otherwise.
>>
>>31573569
egel scout card, accepted everywhere
>>
>>31576921
I'm going to kill his dog, funk his dog then marry his dog and just drag it around with me.
>>
>>31566181
Are you the man who knocks?
>>
>>31569816
That story was a work of fiction.
>>
>>31579006
This post is a work of fiction.
>>
I prep my kit/bag with the purpose that I could live out of it. Ill probably be with people, but it allows me to stay minimal and mobile. By only having one bag, I prevent myself from hoarding, or spending insane amounts of money on stuff that either a. wont happen, or b. cant be used in any other situation. My BOG is esstionally my hunting kit, with maybe a few slight changes.

STHF is more of less a meme. Its a never ending discussion of what ifs. It can be argued that you should prep for your financial future and stop spending money on MRE's and prepper shit. I think its more of a hobby to people to think about and have fun with.

If your gonna prep, stay minimal, and overdo only one thing, SKILLS. Its funny to me that most 'preppers' arent working out, they arent reading, studying, going out in the field and testing methods. The best part about those methods, are they are basically free.

So me. I stay minimal. One bag. One kit. One rifle. One handgun (EDC). I spend my money to evolve those four things, and they all serve a purpose and hobby OUTSIDE of prepping. When I want to indulge my fantasy SHTF situations, I read and study, and practice.
>>
For all the people thinking that SHTF is mere fantasy and will never happen, I've taken ICS 400.

Do you know why the Midwest is such great farmland and the like? Because it's clay all the way down. And you wanna know what's right there smack dab in the middle of it? The New Madrid Seismic Zone.

When New Madrid decides to have a little shake about, the entire Midwest, which is essentially built on Jell-O collapses. Building collapses will happen as far north as Madison, WI.

So, you have a situation where:
>all the midwest is rubble
>including Chicago
>basically Feds already have planned that the National Guard in every midwestern state gets Federalized and sent to Chicago
>everything is still rubble
>police can't bring in the National Guard
>power is gone, propane is gone, gasoline is gone

And if this happens, Feds estimate that it'll be a month before ANY FEDERAL OR CANADIAN AID gets anywhere near the Midwest that isn't Chicago.

The Feds basically only hope that the people outside of the cities still know basic agriculture and hope that the hunting culture will make it so people can be self-reliant long enough for the cavalry to arrive.
>>
>>31563870
If we are talking about a reality check why are we treating shtf like its the end of the world. Unless there is some gigantic world ending event, order will mostly be restored by and large within under 6 months to a year. This is what you should be preparing for. Preparing for anything greater and you'd be best off learning from the Amish on how to restart civilization.
Realistically, SHTF is a lack of law enforcement, power, water, and food source for around 6 months to a year.

Your bet to survive this is to have enough food and water for you and your family and friends, and enough rifles for all these people for this period of time. Other than minding your own business as you bug in, you should just establish some basic night and day guard and watch stuff, means to alert people of trouble, fire fighting equipment, and a gigantic library because everyone is going to be bored as fuck. Anyone dumb enough to try any lone wolf shit is probably dead, as are anyone cringe and edgy enough to talk about being a maurader
>>
>>31564218
Wasn't this confirmed to made up bullshit though?
>>
File: boxofcans.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
boxofcans.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
>>31571978
>We would need a water and canned food stockpile
take $20 out of each paycheck and buy canned goods & gallons of water..
by the time 6 months is up, youll be sittin on a basic stock of canned goods & water
>>
>>31580325
whats the expiration date of those
>>
File: front towards enemy.jpg (121KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
front towards enemy.jpg
121KB, 800x600px
>>31566181
>>
>>31581054
2017-2018

naturally i only buy the newest cans
...and everything i stock is food i eat with some regularity, so when the use-by date approaches, the older cans are mixed in with daily meals, and are replaced...
most cans are good WELL past the use-by date anyway
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (999KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
999KB, 2272x1704px
>>31571978
>>31580325
Aldi is my friend
>>
>>31571674
good point
>>
>>31581348
> when you love huffing and prepping.
>>
>>31570525
>>31573072
I've done 20 miles in less than 12 hours. Not that hard. Remember that suburbs often go out 50 miles.
>>
File: 1475439607903-1.jpg (26KB, 229x290px) Image search: [Google]
1475439607903-1.jpg
26KB, 229x290px
>>31563870
Okay...

And if we were to, say, kill someone who has those things, and occupy it for ourselves? Then what?

In SHTF situation, the law will be of little consequence to anyone, dude.

>don't kill anyone unless absolutely certain is a threat
I'm certain I will eat long pork if SHTF, anon.

It is you who will die because you forget... In SHTF, everyone is a potential threat unless they're fucking stark naked. Even then, they're potential food.

>inb4 risk of blood disease
Cooking the AIDs meat well-done should kill it... Right? Honestly that'sprobably my biggest concern.
>>
>>31563870
>You will most likely get raped by the marauding gangs and then you are going to die.

Not if you know how to suck a mean dick.

Checkmate, newfag.
>>
>>31575399
>Sees a thread that doesn't apply to him
>replys with a demonstration of how thread doesn't apply to him
>reasons for replying ?

i give it an epeen/10
>>
>>31564722
...huh?
>>
>edgelords ITT saying they don't need to prep because they can just kill and loot
Goodluck kids. You're going to die faster than the normies.
>>
>>31581087
That's a really cool pic of some old school falling.
>>
>>31563987
Even so,there can only be one....
>>
>>31564218
>>31579535
Yes, it was.
>>31564241
>>31564556
>>31564642
>>31564695
>>31565969
See above.
There is some legitimate advice contained therein and fucked up shit did happen but it's largely a fabrication.
That zombie squad katrina write up from forever ago is much sounder advice.
>>
File: af6.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
af6.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>31563967
in on kike hunting squad
>>
>>31572913
wut
>>
>>31563881
The first "ice cream cone" was made at The Worlds Fair in Chicago when an ice cream maker ran out of bowls to serve his desserts. A nearby waffle maker shaped his waffles into a cone shape and offered them to the ice cream maker as an edible substitute to the bowl.
>>
>>31586846
nobody loves you
>>
>>31566538
Bro,grow watermeal duckweed. 40% protein, and doubles in volume every 48 hours.
When everyone else wipes all the wildlife from the forest,you'll still be skimming food from the top of your empty koi pond.
>>
File: Operation Hurricaine.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Operation Hurricaine.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31570197
>Implying that the cattle won't desperately run into whatever fenced in area the government tells them will be safe.
>>
File: 1467667244868.jpg (38KB, 550x378px) Image search: [Google]
1467667244868.jpg
38KB, 550x378px
>>31570392
Something like this,only more alarmist.
Maybe something like "Contaminated dead inside."
>>
>>31590626
>go to wal mart

the whole wal mart "processing facility" conspiracy i think has some creedence to it.

scary shit.
>>
File: 1365356801735.png (93KB, 1111x471px) Image search: [Google]
1365356801735.png
93KB, 1111x471px
>>31570525
>talked with a few of them about being prepped
OpSec,junior.
>>
>>31570347
considering that north america supported around 20 million native Americans without modern irrigation and agriculture i think we'll be fine.
>>
>>31564580
>house is defendable
I've wondered about this. It seems it would be good to hunker down but couldn't someone just light your house on fire to smoke you out? Can't get in so screw you over just to spite you? I think this is pretty likely.
>>
File: 1370421849145-1.jpg (59KB, 309x230px) Image search: [Google]
1370421849145-1.jpg
59KB, 309x230px
>>31570990
>>
>>31590847
I agree.. Where there's a will there's a way. Most house are made from a thin layer of plaster, thin layer of plywood, insulation and drywall. Easily shot through, easily burned. Unless you're lucky enough to have a brick, or cinderblock home outcome of bugging in could be bad.
>>
>>31590847
I agree.
>>
>>31579497
Read the EMP Commission's report.
80-90% of urban/Northeast populations dead.
No power in government controlled areas for up to 18 months.
No power in outlying areas for 5-10 years.
>order returned in under 6 months to a year.
Not always. You can always hope for the best,but you should plan for the worst. Anything less than the worst gives you some breathing room.
>>
>>31590626
Walmart has an amazing corporate plan for disaster relief, and now works with FEMA to deliver aid to affected areas. Which is why I made this flyer. Part of my SHTF plan is to paper store fronts and street signs with these for about 5 miles in all directions around my town (while removing any State signs that mention my town at the same time.). My hope is that will channel any refugees away from my town,leaving us in the relative peace of the "eye" of the storm.
If that fails,then more direct things might be necessary.
Captcha: Select all squares with street signs
>>
>>31591226 was meant for >>31590720
>>
>>31563870
>Face it
Face this: Your little communities are the first to get torn down by Nat'l Guard and police. Have fun in your FEMA camp idio-

>marauding gangs
>rebuild society
>bug out
You need to be 18 to post on this website.

Here's a read on the topic so YOU can get a reality check on this topic: https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=16627
(Don't mind the stupid website name just read the post)
>>
>>31591062
Based on what? A nuclear strike? A mass infection?

It REALLY depends on what happened, and in most cases, 90% mortality is a huge exaggeration. That number is more for a "meteor-just-hit-the-earth" scenario.
>>
>>31567839
It's fake

Don't listen to this idiot
>>
>>31591323
An EMP. Didn’t specify if it was a solar flare like the Carrington event or if it would be man-made. The die off would come in 3 waves.
1) Everyone on life support,or dependent on machines to live,like dialysis.
2)Everyone on maintenance drugs.
3)People dying of starvation or exposure.
Just in time delivery, and a squishy soft lifestyle would wipe people out.
>>
>>31590626
>will be confiscated and disposed of
welp
guess im staying put
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.