[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Luger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: The_.45_Luger_by_Mike_Krause_1.jpg (51KB, 751x491px) Image search: [Google]
The_.45_Luger_by_Mike_Krause_1.jpg
51KB, 751x491px
hey guys how much money should i spend for a Luger pistol?
>>
3.50 nigger
>>
bumping because I want to know too

also is there anything about the Luger design that makes it shine performance wise?
>>
>>31563639
Depending on condition, expect anywhere in the ballpark of 700 for a shit shooter grade one to 3500 for a collectors grade wallhanger.
>>
>>31563654
Shine is a loose term. They are ammo sensitive, depending on the recoil springs.

Their close machining tolerances make for a well sealed off action but if anything gets in them while its locked on empty, its kaput.
>>
>>31563639
DEN BILLION DOLLERAS :DDD
>>
>>31563654
They look cool. The toggle action is cool. It's also weaker than other actions and can be more unreliable, as >>31563685 points out. Novelty and cool value and ergonomics is about all they have.
>>
>>31563711
>>31563685

Thanks. I really fucking want one but cant be fucked to pay the prices they go for just for a really good meme
>>
>>31563711
Also following up your comment, before anyone brings it up, the video Ian and Karl put out with the mud test proved really nothing other than it has close tolerances.

People were claiming
>1911s btfo
but in all my time shooting, I've only had a 1911 jam once because of shitty manufacturing or poor springs. I've had and seen Lugers jam A LOT at the range, and seeing one run reliably through more than one mag is a feat.

That's my experience though. For me though, they are just nice collection pieces, not real range toys. Which is a shame because I like that toggle action.
>>
>>31563727
They point better than just about any auto pistol, they are very high quality, if you get new springs they only like hotter ammo.
A beat to shit mix master 700.
A worn parts matched 1000.
Good shape 1500.
Rarer variants are very expensive.
>>
>>31563762
Thats because most lugers have weak springs l.
New springs and decent ammo they runn all day long.
>>
>>31563795
Even with new springs they are finicky.

I had a friend who swapped springs in their grandpappys bring back and it ran fine for about two mags. Wasn't a mix master either, it was all matching.

They are very ammo sensitive and generally unreliable.

Meanwhile my beat to fuck 1911 commercial model from 1933 has original springs and runs shit all day long. She needs new springs and a new blue job but I got it at 1/3rd the cost of a normal Colt so I can't complain.
>>
>>31563836
Standard semi auto problems, extractors or magazines are the only other culprits.
>>
Generally speaking, you can pay $1k for a run of the mill Luger and easily into $25k for an uber rare special snowflake Luger. Not counting the one thats valued at like 2 million or so
>>
>>31563639

I spent $750 on mine. It's nickel plated, but it came with the original holster, tool for loading mags, and two mags (one with a dent so it's completely useless)

I love shooting that fucker. It doesn't cycle reliably though.
>>
>>31563654
>is there anything about the Luger design that makes it shine performance wise?

Well, it's a striker fired straight blowback pistol, so there aren't many guns like it. The barrel moves back a fraction of an inch every time you shoot it, so the recoil snaps up, then straight back into place where you were before.

Realistically, the magazine design is so horrifyingly bad that this gun is destined to be an unreliable piece of shit. They used pot metal and it's far too thin to have feed lips for a magazine that works well.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.