[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /k feel about telescopic batons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: baton.jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
baton.jpg
3KB, 225x225px
How does /k feel about telescopic batons
>>
>>31563111
They collapse.
>>
>>31563111
:cringe:
>>
>>31563111
oh shit trips, I meant like are they effective or just kinda show-offy
>>
File: IMG_0892.jpg (358KB, 1030x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0892.jpg
358KB, 1030x620px
Convenient to carry and sufficiently PC but lack the wallop of a proper aluminum baton.
>>
>>31563111
I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one, let me put it that way
>>
>>31563111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLl9kztgPFY
>>
>>31563111

If you professionally use force to get people to comply with your commands then you'll avoid ASP and go with the peacekeeper if you really want telescopic or a side-handle baton if that doesn't matter to you.

For the average Joe it's a total waste, a good CC and some JHP is really all you'll be using.
>>
>>31563152
That's why you weld a big steel ball bearing on the end of it.
>>
>>31563111
i wish i could carry one legally
>>31563135
yes, it's easy enough to break a wrist with one. you should not hit someone in the head with the tip of one.
>>
They are the best defensive concealable weapon besides a gun
>>
>>31563288
this is a dumb question but does a broken wrist pretty much disable their hand
>>
>>31563327
Pretty much.
>>
>>31563111
Batons in general are made for pain compliance.

In a self defense situation I would rather the person be dead then explain to the court how i ruined Mr. Tyrones life by breaking his bones when he was just trying to get money for his poor family.

Besides that a baton is easy to grapple into range of the person. You can easily take a hit from one if it means you closing the distance with a knife.
>>
>>31563327
Answer your own question
>>
>>31563304
Agreed. A collapsible baton coupled with pepper spray could take out almost anyone not armed with a gun.
>>
>>31563111
Trips of truth compel me to post.

For the combination of convenience of concealed carry, and the ability to keep an assailant beyond arm's reach (and thus keep you farther from any weapon they might have), it's the best weapon for self defense after a firearm.
>>
>>31563111
If you hit someone in the neck with one do you run the risk of killing them (sorry for the stupid question)
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (2MB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
2MB, 500x209px
Copfag here, they're good for scratching your back, poking things of unknown origin and substance and knocking on doors. These are the primary uses of batons, being able to easily smash bones is just a bonus.
I've never had to hit someone with one, but I've fucked up some doors.
>>
>>31563111
Yeah so they're usually illegal to carry because they're considered clubs right?
>>
>>31563485
in my state you need a CCW, I'm allowed to purchase one but not able to carry it but IDGAF
>>
>>31563111
glad I checked the catalog - looking for advice too.

Any recs for a cheapo brand for shiggles that won't immediately break or break the bank? Or should I just man up and get an ASP/Monadnock (you moan when your nads get knocked).

Wasn't a believer until this summer when a buddy lightly tagged me with one - fucker hurt bad enough that I felt compelled to pop him with a livestock prod down his sleeping bag later that night.
>>
>>31563597
>hurr nads joke
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Monadnock
>>
So... what would happen if you inserted the extending end into your anus and set it off?
>>
>>31563682
Try it yourself but livestream the attempt.
>>
>>31563360
if tyrone isn't dead there is no reason to stick around.
>>
File: dunce-cap.jpg (102KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
dunce-cap.jpg
102KB, 400x300px
>>31563360
>You can easily take a hit from one

step into my office, present your shin, and repeat what you just said
>>
>>31563910
Depends where you get hit, just like a knife. They have strengths and weaknesses
>>
>>31563111
They don't make very good telescopes.
>>
You can literally make a knife useless with a chair.

Blunt force is instant
If you stab someone, they can still fight for minutes until bleeding out

If you hit them with a baton, a bat, etc whatever you hit will be instantly affected

Blunt force will win most of the time unless it's an exceptionally long knife
>>
>>31563682
>>31563707

Can't tell if bait or retarded

most of these aren't even spring loaded

they just drop out, with a button catch or no catch at all
>>
>>31563461
>they're good for scratching your back

This, tbqhwyf
>>
>>31563111
fedora-tier
>>
>>31563248
Can't tell if he's a shill. Can anyone explain to me why I would logically pick Peacekeeper over ASP?

They're both reputable, though ASP is much more popular, and they're both around the same price. Only difference seems to be only LEOs can carry Peacekeepers...Is that literally the ONLY difference?
>>
>>31564346
Why not an Axe? Best of both worlds.
>>
>>31564346
In the words of Ser Gregor Clegane--

"[People win] fights because [they] have armor...And a big fucking sword"

Plate carriers and LMGs for concealed carry everyday until you like it. We /JohnWick/ now.
>>
>>31563972
You're just not trying hard enough.
>>31564434
Batons are not in the same tier as katanas
>>
>>31564474
>"[People win] fights because [they] have armor...And a big fucking sword"
>later on in the same or next episode, a shirtless Ramsay with knives fights off multiple armored opponents
>>
>>31564346
This. My hapkido instructor had us do a drill where he gave one student a rubber knife and another a short piece of wood about the size of a tire thumper (covered in a bit of foam, of course) and had us try to close in with the knife without getting hit in the forearms or head by the baton, and only one guy was able to do it (and he had just gotten done serving in the army).

If someone's rushing you with a knife, all you'd have to do is clock them in the temple or hit them moderately hard in the forearm. even if they're strung out on meth and numb to their toes, you've got a good chance their muscles will spasm and they'll drop the knife or at least stumble enough for you to dodge them and do a followup. The only situation i could see a knife being more effective than a baton is maybe super cramped quarters like a ship or sewer maintenance tunnel or some other weird shit like that where you're far more likely to be armed with a handgun.

(inb4 "lol gook stripmall mcdojo": the US army hand to hand combat manual was authored by a hapkido grand master, if my memory serves me correct)
>>
>>31564346
A swordpoint through the orbit of the eye is pretty instant. Baton seems okay for melee concealed carry, but if you pull it in a fight, you better know how to use it, and you better be responding to an equal or greater degree of force. Consider learning some bartitsu and walking with a stout cane.
>>
>>31563223
DONNIE YEN!

literally the only raisin i'm stoked for Rogue One.
>>
I have an ASP. Damn thing never wants to collapse always needs a hammering.
>>
>>31563111
feels good to stick one in your butt
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.