[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The california problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

File: SOCAL.png (220KB, 968x804px) Image search: [Google]
SOCAL.png
220KB, 968x804px
Honest question for all the the califags here, I understand its illegal, but the gun laws have gotten to the point where they are beyond retarded. Whats stopping people from just going to Nevada or Arizona and buying shit they want there and bringing it back to cali. the state check points only check for agriculture.
>>
>>31557662
Nothing is.
>>
>>31557662
Also Hodge sucks.
>>
>>31557670
But if thats the case then, why isnt there more widespread civil disobedience by the gun community. Then just claim the shit was gotten before the ban?
>>
>>31557662
Orefag here, what's bakers?
>>
>>31557662
>complies with law

FAG
>>
>>31557662
Nothing. The laws exist to only as liberal feel-good measures meant to keep people from getting into the sport and prevent them from protecting themselves legally. They stop nothing, and are on the books so they can throw someone in jail to make an example of them in hopes of scaring gun owners into complying.

When they fail to stop the next San Bernardino, they'll just claim it's proof they need national gun laws.
>>
>>31557662
Non Californian here. What's the status of the attempt to veto the new gun laws?
>>
>>31557662
>Honest question for all the the califags here, I understand its illegal, but the gun laws have gotten to the point where they are beyond retarded. Whats stopping people from just going to Nevada or Arizona and buying shit they want there and bringing it back to cali. the state check points only check for agriculture.

To fear of getting caught and having your diddly hole tenderly loved in prison by Jamal and his 3 litter coke bottle.
>>
>>31557704
It failed. Barely got any signatures.

CA gun owners are a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>31557704
It failed. By a large margin.
>>
>>31557704
Not enough signatures

Time to become a felon
>>
>>31557708
Well what about other things like 30 round mags, those are easier to hide and cant be found easily out of state.
>>
>>31557716
What's the fudd-to-/k/ommando ratio like in California, anyways? I'd imagine there's more fudds.
>>
>>31557692
Burger joint, like In-n-out but only for the inland empire ( the desert part of socal)
>>
>>31557690
There is, but since shit is claimed to have gotten before the ban, no one can do anything.
>>
>>31557743
It's nothing like in-n-out you moron. Their burgers aren't even close.

>>31557692
Dual kitchen, trying to mash up mexican and american fuds. Whereas in some places you can get say, a quesadilla and 2 tacos, at bakers you can get a burger and a quesadilla, and other stuff in that kinda attire.

It's okay, but it's still fast food and nothing authentic in either category.
>>
>>31557732
Here's the big problem, it required signing in person, and there wasn't a lot of time to advertise. By the time a lot of people found out about it, they learned they had to actually take a trip, and by the time the trip was planned, it was over.

>>31557716
You're right, I personally blame you for the 7n6 import ban, how dare you be so stupid and not do your part.
>>
>>31557732
Pretty bad obviously.

But also a lot of people just plain never heard about the veto because we don't have a pro gun version of Bloomberg financing our campaigns, and there were tons of Gribbles signing with fake info that wasn't counted. Most people are apathetic when it's not their ass on the line too.

t. Iowan who was watching this all closely worriedly.
>>
>>31557788
>it required signing in person
What bumblefuck came up with that brilliant idea?
>>31557793
What makes it so hard for a pro-gun anything to take root in California? Aside from big city liberals, of course.
>>
why does the federal government allow this shit

its unconstitutional. there is the 10a but it doesnt say "fuck the rest of this bill" in it. california is a faggot nanny state.

mainly its literally the weakest invasion point in the country.
>>
>>31557807
>What bumblefuck came up with that brilliant idea?
I dunno, it may have had to be done that way legally, I'm unsure, but it was a nightmare of signature. Gun shops and public places would have to opt to set up signing points around the state, so that took time getting set up, it took time getting the shit printed and local advertisement on top of the online advertisement to drum up, it took time for people to come in to sign, it took time to collect and get counts of the signatures, the whole thing was a shit show.
>>
>>31557819
>mainly its literally the weakest invasion point in the country
>imbly gun owners wouldn't strip off all the "safe" features of their rifles the second anything real happened
>imbly anyone has "safe" features on their rifle when it's at home
I do though, I follow the law, I'm a gud boy.
>>
>>31557819
>mainly its literally the weakest invasion point in the country.

How so? Any army coming up from Mexico is going to be large enough that everyone and their mom will notice it, and any naval force has to get past Hawaii and the pacific fleet first, which, if they manage that, means the entire west coast is ripe for the picking.
>>
fugg all this "non compliance and chill" shit

get pissed, start rallies, be a pain in the ass, shoot a transformer box, troll the fuck out of politicians on twatter, anything but sitting in your room with your dick in your hands
>>
File: illinois2010senateelection.png (373KB, 2000x4114px) Image search: [Google]
illinois2010senateelection.png
373KB, 2000x4114px
>>31557807
It doesn't take anything more more than big city liberals. There's a lot of them. Look what Chicago has done to IL. I'm from NY and it's basically the same thing.

The point of being a Republic is to avoid tyranny of the masses, but that doesn't matter when government treats the Constitution like toilet paper.
>>
>>31557879
>but that doesn't matter when government treats the Constitution like toilet paper.

There's even a cali politician that has said on record "We don't pay too much attention to the constitution here in California."

Really fuck stick? You don't pay too much attention to the document from which all your authority is derived?
>>
>>31557907
And Charlie Tangle in NY said only politicians deserve protection. There are about 30 people in DC that care about the Constitution, and probably about as many in each state government. It's fucked.
>>
>>31557819
It could be argued that each state has the right to make its own gun laws. It's not a very good argument though.
>>31557879
It's just one of the flaws of democracy, I suppose. It also doesn't help that most citizens don't actually understand the Constitution, or have been deliberately misinformed of its meaning and purpose. Take textbook saying the 2nd amendment allows people to bear arms in a militia, for example.
>>
Roof chink here. Already not complying, I took the bullet button off of my rifle along with putting together my magazine repair kits. Will be going down to Arizona to pick up more stuff as time goes by.

I have zero reason to obey politicians who push to release more felons on our streets while they surround themselves with armed guards.
>>
File: rangel-arms-575x338.jpg (38KB, 575x338px) Image search: [Google]
rangel-arms-575x338.jpg
38KB, 575x338px
>>31557935
Rangel* wtf. Pic related.

>>31557937
Thing is the us isn't a democracy. It's a democratic republic, designed specifically to stop the exact bullshit legislation we have in place. It's grabbers lying and overstepping their authority and most people being to dumb/apathetic to care.
>>
>>31557939
Weren't they going to release a bunch of cop killers too? Silver lining if true; the police unions won't be on the side of the politicians for much longer. So good luck enforcing any of your bullshit.
>>
>>31557961
I never said it was a pure democracy, but the political system in the US is still based, at least partly, in the principles of democracy.
>>
>>31557966
Yeah read that too.

Already the police unions and sheriff organizations have said outright that they do not support prop 63. Prop. 57 that is releasing violent felons is the icing on the cake.

I hope the bay area retards pass more shit to alienate the LEOs.
>>
>>31558002
Yeah I know, I'm just ranting I guess. I'm just mad with as clear as the Constitution is about it people can still perform enough mental gymnastics to convince themselves the 2nd is for muskets or durr rifles.

At least the rare grabber that actually admits they want to ban all guns and repeal the 2nd is being honest about it. The rest are either lying or actually retarded.
>>
>>31557662

it's funny your southern california flag has the Republic of China's sun on it, because everyone in SoCal is going to be chinese in 15 years.

Also DESU your only hope is that a trump victory, republican house, and senate supermajority will lead to a federal nullification of state assault weapon bans and magazine capacity limits.
>>
>>31558040
I think you mean pro gun SCOTUS picks that hear a gun control case and btfo existing fed and state gun control measures.

Both are unlikely but the courts unfucking it are much more likely than a bunch of limp dicked cuckservatives in Congress. Because the SCOTUS has become so ridiculously powerful it's easier to get 5 progun justices than a majority in both houses willing to actually do anything.
>>
>>31558087

that takes much longer, also watch Kennedy go from conservative to swing to liberal as more justices are replaced/added.

a Federal nullification upheld by the supreme court would be better in the long run than state laws being struck down by the supreme court, anyway.
>>
>>31557662
nothing is stopping anyone. and fyi they're not just looking for "agriculture" at the checkpoints. don't be that naive.

>>31557690
does it need publicity for you to believe. if so, simply do a search on boat accident statistics. sharp increase these last several years, hmmmm

>>31557743
>desert part of the desert
>hurr
newsflash mr hawking: all of SoCal is desert. you want proofs? stop the ingress of water from remote locations via man-made facilities and we'll see what transpires.

o ya and when was the last time it rained???

>>31557853
>ripe for the picking
what is pendleton
what is miramar
what is coronado
what is twentynine palms
what is a fukktonne of civilian gun owners, think numbersssssss
>>
>>31557716
We had a liitle over a month and the whole thing wasn't really led by a central organized and funded group. iirc, we got 1/3rd of the signatures needed.
>>
>>31557937
ya except it can't and it says so right there in the US Constitution.
>textbook covering second ammendment
proofs please
>>31557961
because that's the strategy that works with us humans. psychology, we're fugged up creatures mang
>>31558032
see above. we're fugged up creatures meng.
>>
>>31557662
>whats stopping people from just going to Nevada or Arizona and buying shit they want there and bringing it back to cali.
federal laws
you cant buy handguns in a state you arent a resident of
you can buy long guns but they have to be transferred legally according to your home states laws
this means you cant walk into a walmart in nevada pay for a long gun and have them hand it to you.
the long gun you payed for in person has to be shipped to a california ffl with a 10 day waiting period and more fees before its yours
>>
>>31558113
This

The whole basis behind the hearing protection act and national cc would be kinds of federal nullification acts that we would need here in california.

And all of red Congress says they support the 2nd amendment, well its time to prove it and its hard to argue why they should waste literal tens of millions in never ending lawsuits when they could win in a trump presidency for instance without threat of veto. Unlikely now given the state of the current political race but it certainly could happen.
>>
File: UPK79GT.jpg (60KB, 700x455px) Image search: [Google]
UPK79GT.jpg
60KB, 700x455px
Califag here, anyone going to build their sporting rifles from now on and make them compliant (featureless) to avoid registration? I think I'm going to build an ak and keep my AR featureless.

What's your plan?
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 690x596px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 690x596px
>>31558626
Not to live in California.
>>
>>31558655
Easier said than done. I'm about to graduate from my current college and advance to a different university here.
>>
>>31557662
>acting like that's a new discovery

i dont know OP, what's stopping people from doing illegal things every day all over the world?

retard
>>
File: 1450380161013.png (229KB, 559x331px) Image search: [Google]
1450380161013.png
229KB, 559x331px
Honestly, it is not worth the risk.

I will be put in prison if I get caught and my freedom isn't worth it. I know I am a cuck but I am not willing to risk not seeing my son grow up, or seeing him grow up from behind bars.

I live close enough to the border that I can just rent guns in nevada and shoot them at the nevada range. No law against that.
>>
>>31558655
Fucking lol'd at pic.
>>
>>31558380
Private sales?
>>
>>31558626
Saving up for a ised car and some moving money. Hopefully be out by end of 2017
>>
>>31558702
>get caught
How, exactly?
>>
>>31557727
You mean your 10rd Beowulf mag? That's totally what it is Officer.
>>
>>31557819
It's because liberals literally don't care, the only parts of the Constitution they're willing to protect are the ones that give government power.
>>
Califag here, can anyone answer some legal questions?

Basically, I want to arm myself before the impending BLM riots/Russian infantry/muslims terrorists are on my doorstep.

The problem is I live with a felon, my father. So what are the legal routes I can go to keep and store a gun on my property?
>>
>>31559515
UR FUCKED
>>
>>31559666
Damn really? Fml
>>
>>31559515
maybe a safe in a locked room?
if a gun owner rents a room in his house to a felon i dont think he can be expected to remove his weapons. your living situation could be similar to that
>>
>>31559683
Yeah, thats what iw as thinking...or maybe just store it in my car, so its technically off the property? But then again, id like it in the house just in case some shit goes down
>>
>>31557819
Well I kind of agree. Assuming any airforce, armies or navy gets past Hawaii and captures the state, California is very likely the first place in the US that will be invaded.
>lots of military bases are here, makes it a big target for an attack.
>because of California geography, the northern cascades, sierra Nevada and the Mojave deserts are big barriers to the rest of the population if armies attack from the north or south, encircling the whole state.
>cutting off or bombing major routes or rails (donner, cajon, tehapachi, etc) would cut off all supplies from the rest of the US. And with no manufacturing or water, they are doomed.
My analysis looks like LA would be the first to fall, then the far north and south, then the bay area and finally, the central valley, thus capturing Sacramento and ending the California republic we all know.
>>
>>31558118
>nothing is stopping anyone. and fyi they're not just looking for "agriculture" at the checkpoints. don't be that naive

Well I Know that
>>
>>31557662
>Inland Empire is the master race
>Is the master race
>master race

Fuck the IE. A bunch of pompous, smug, tweaking, liberal, wack, lame degenerates live there. It's utter shit. I hope the IE gets bombarded into oblivion.
>>
>>31557662
Because most people are afraid, not realizing that if you all ganged up together and decided to disobey all at once, they'd have to call your bluff and change the law or force confiscation right there, which is a lose-lose either way. If even a million of you decided to protest and openly carry those evil salt rifles with 30 round mags, they wouldn't be able to fucking do shit because they don't have the funds or the space in jail to put all of you away.
>>
>>31557690
There is disobedience, we just don't go around yelling about it. Do you need us to be more open about it? Would that help you sleep at night?
>>
>>31562521
No, But I see all these people on the internet acting like thats it its over, and very few people seem to say that they dont give a fuck and will do what they want even if its anonymous on a chinese knitting forum
>>
>>31557716
I can't speak for everyone here, but all I can say is I'm burned out on fighting this shit.
>>
File: SOJCon.png (537KB, 959x771px) Image search: [Google]
SOJCon.png
537KB, 959x771px
>>31557662
>He doesnt just go to Nevada and buy shut there
>In N Out
>Only in SoCuck

leol
>>
I wish we could do a demonstration in the capitol, no ammo, just an open carry demonstration to show we hear and pissed off but I swear every gun owner I talk to here gets all butthurt ar the mention of it. Can't even bring it up of CalGuns.

They keep saying to win in the courts, well we're not going to win the in courts, that time has past.
>>
>>31557939
Right there with you boyo, drilled all the rivets out of mine
>>
File: 1392340612279.jpg (23KB, 320x306px) Image search: [Google]
1392340612279.jpg
23KB, 320x306px
>>31559666
You're no help at all, Satan.
>>
>>31564123
We're in the same boat. Even New Yorkers have more balls than we do. Suggest anything that smacks of open defiance, you get drowned in shrieks of you'll make us LOOOK BAAAAD. And catcalls for how stupid you are, natch. But don't worry. The Calguns legal foundation will save us THIS time...!

/spit
>>
>>31564344
I'd always thought we could use /k/ to organize something but after seeing pictures of the meet ups it might not be such a good idea..

I don't think I could show up to one anyways since I have an 80% lower rifle that is rather non compliant, it was the only way I could get the rifle I wanted without costing me an arm and a leg
>>
>>31564123
Probldm is that most demonstrations, even those with no illegal activity (carrying at a protest is specifically outlawed in the penal code), have been pretty anemic. Nobody wants to show up all ready to go only to meet a hundred gun owners and twice as many police officers.
If only there were some sort of anonymous commitment system whereby protesters coupd estimate theor numbers before showing up.
>>
>>31557939
Bro is it true zonies wont sell you shit if you have a California driver license? My Texas one got hole punched :/
>>
>>31557662
DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY DO NOT COMPLY
>>
Honestly, I got all the shit I could want before the bans. I could move out of state, but I just want to watch the liberals burn when AllahuKaboom-chan awakens.
>>
>>31564484
Best make some Arizona friends. Yeah we are breaking the law, but we're all in this together.

Like Benjamin Franklin said, we all stick together or we hang separately
>>
>>31557793
>t. Iowan who was watching this all closely worriedly.
If that sort of shit wouldn't pass up here I doubt it would pass for you guys or for Wisconsin either. Minnesota has some dumb laws but we're slowly chipping them away piece by piece.
>>
has any case brought up the supremacy clause with regards to California gun laws? would be useful in research
>>
>>31565570
Well thats normally how federal courts stop state gun control. Problem is we have antigun justices from an antigun presidential administration and no real federal progun laws obviously.
>>
>>31560702
The only red holdout in the state
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.