[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Episode 1 being shit and all, one thought occured to me. About

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: gungan_army.jpg (78KB, 640x480px)
gungan_army.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
Episode 1 being shit and all, one thought occured to me.
About the Gungan army and it's tactics.

Gungans live underwater, so their natural environment is already an increased difficulty for any attacker. In the movies they fight on land, essentially away from their natural environment.

But what about IN their natural environment? If someone were to attack gungans at their home turf, what would happen?
Usually, attackers would need mechanical assistance to mount any offensive. They would need diving gear, life-support, underwater vehicles, blaster weapons etc. etc.

So what do the gungans do? They heavily rely on more or less impenetrable energy fields, forcing their opponents into close quarters combat. And when they do come close, gungans use ion granades and ion bombs. Enemy suddenly finds itself deep underwater, without life support, weapons, or working vehicles.

While the gungans themselves don't need or use any of those. They are still fully battle ready, even if they get hit by ion blasts. Even gungan weapons double as spears etc in case they get too close and are disrupted by ion explosions. Their "vehicles" are biological mounts and still cabable of movement.

This would be especially devastating tactic against any droid-based armies.

Gungans - Annoying, but surprisingly effective underwater fighters.
>>
Then why the fuck did they decide to sally out and face the droids on land?

Serious question, I don't remember.
>>
>>31557589
To draw their attention away from the capitol so that Amidala and the jedi could sneak in.
>>
>>31557264
better question, why not bombard their asses with orbital batteries?
>>
>>31557749
Trade federation avoids scorched earth at all costs because they need to capture, not destroy, cities and planets for the war to be profitable. Remember, these guys are a crossbreed of Chinese and Jewish stereotypes set in space. They're whole purpose of going to war is profiteering, and profits get scaled back when that level of destruction is used.
>>
>>31557832
Let's face it, blowing up a contained area of land that an obvious massing threat is on, and empty otherwise, wouldn't decrease the profits any. The reason is because Lucas wanted a fancy Gladiator tier action sequence, that he did AGAIN in episode 2.

Not to mention, why would you even want to leave the city? Why wouldn't you keep your forces there, and then send the gorillion other droids to attack the Jamaicans?
>>
>>31557881
plus the gunguns are isolationist to the local humans so there was no trade value to be lost by removing them from the planet. unlessthe trade fed was ordered to meet them in battle as part of palpatine's master plan.
>>
>>31557897
More like ordered by Lucas to meet them in battle.
>>
>>31557832
yeah but this was a small area outside the city and I imagine they have pinpoint tactical battires now that can dial in their delivery on target
>>
>>31558167
Wasn't this one of the reasons why they first took control of the space fighters and launched them against the blockade?

pinpoint precision targets might be a bit more problematic if there's a space battle going on.

But yea, of course the reason was that they wanted a big open battle.
>>
>>31557264
Three words:
Nuclear, Depth, Charge.
>>
>>31558511
/thread
>>
>>31558511
wouldnt that fuck up the planet considering the core was water
>>
>>31558761
It's not like fucking up planets with super weapons isn't a running theme in the series.
>>
>>31557264
depth charges you fucking cardboard eating bogger fag
>>
>>31557264
water droids, fucking duh
>>
>>31557264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNehVmGAk6I

1:50

Clones are the fucking best
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.