[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Humanitarian Missions: Are they a waste of time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: Black_Hawk_Down.jpg (72KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Hawk_Down.jpg
72KB, 350x350px
The kinds of disasters that "require" a humanitarian response are already destabilized regions from the get go.

Are humanitarian missions a waste of man power? Are they waste of combat forces' time? See Black Hawk Down and the current shitstorm happening with Hurricane Matthew.
>>
The only ones who "should" be helping third worlders are NGOs and trade partners. Everything else should be left to the leaders of that shithole, no matter how incompetent they are.
>>
>>31556941
God damn 15 year olds. God damnit.
>>
>>31556982
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Haiti should deal with Haitian problems
Africa should deal with African problems
>>
>>31557004
>>31556955
Agreed with these sentiments. Hell, the reason those places go to hell so bad is because it is a humanitarian disaster.

Let these people fuck themselves over until they figure out how to unfuck themselves.
>>
File: man-smiling.jpg (143KB, 957x1300px)
man-smiling.jpg
143KB, 957x1300px
>maybe Hurricane Matthew will kill them all
>>
>Are they waste of combat forces' time?
Combat forces are doing literally fuckall else. Might as well, you know, until something comes up.
>>
Kennedy rolls at 9000 RPM in his grave over you autistic fucks.
>>
>>31557092
Kennedy was the start of the problem. Tell him to go cheat on his ghost wife.
>>
>>31556941
Here let me put humanitarian missions in a light that even you robot-brained Rainman autists can understand:

Humanitarian missions are not entirely altruistic and first world powers get something out of helping save innocent people from dying pathetic, brutal deaths

There
>>
File: onesheet.jpg (74KB, 387x580px)
onesheet.jpg
74KB, 387x580px
>>31556941

Fucking classic. Especially Operating in that village scene.
>>
>>31557145
I haven't seen anything gained by helping Haiti or Africa, other than brownie points.

If we REALLY wanted to be "humanitarian" we would conquer the shit out of them, and not this "occupy" crap.
>>
File: chinese PMC.jpg (121KB, 462x600px)
chinese PMC.jpg
121KB, 462x600px
>>31557145
>gained helping Haiti and Africa
yeah, PR is SOOOO improved every time assistance is given to these areas. China totally isn't regretting their presence in Africa right now.
>>
>>31557146
that movie was so good.
>>
>>31557472
their not right? arent they over there to cuck Africa out of resources?
>>
>>31559274
Not like Africa was using it.
>>
eh, at least your soldiers get a steady stream of training grounds which you can annihilate from the air if it gets anywhere near a challenge.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.