[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: WP_20161003_001.jpg (2MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161003_001.jpg
2MB, 1840x3264px
>be me
>18 living in Detroit
>goes into police station to get a PP so I can get a s&w m&p shield
>gets told that you have to be 21 to leave with the paper work
>ask for supervisor
>supervisor tells me I have to bring in the person thats selling me the gun. So they can confirm that the person knows he's/she is selling a gun to a "minor"
>police policy trumps state law
>current year

What do I do /k/?
>>
You'll be fine, Detroit is a very safe city.
>>
>>31556602
I mean that is a pretty common practice across the nation

Most states have severe limitations/restrictions allowing under 21s to purchase a handgun

It's not surprising
>>
>>31556602
Fellow Detroiter here (well, close enough anyway). As I understood it we did away with purchase permits in Michigan back in 2014.
>>
>>31556679
I'm 19 and just had my mom help me buy a P38 a few weeks ago. She did the transaction and filled out the 4473, and then "gifted" it to me. I know that sort of sits dangerously close to a straw purchase, but every authority I've asked on the matter (sheriff, lawyer friend, etc.) said it was fine, as did the seller.
>>
>>31556679
Yes I understand that. But I can legaly purchase a handgun at 18 from a private seller. But I need a purchasers permit. (pp) and the place I have to go to get that closes at 3:45. Monday- Friday. The person in getting the gun from has 0 free time in there hrs. I have no clue what to do.
>>
>>31556717
Nope. You still need them to buy a pistol from a private dealer. Or a cpl
>>
Got my Indiana LTCH at 18 :) feels great m8
>>
>>31556741
I had my older brother do it for me. He just barely any free time to go in there. Also straw purchase isn't illegal for handguns like that. You can legally own it. Thats why its not illegal.
>>
>>31556798
>staw purchase isn't illegal
What you meant to say was "that's not a straw purchase".

A straw purchase is when you knowingly buy any kind of gun for someone not allowed to own said gun under law. Buying a gun for anyone who is legally allowed to own said gun is, by definition, not a straw purchase. It doesn't matter whether the law would allow them to purchase it themselves.
>>
>be 18 living northern Michigan
>Go to Sharif's office to get PP
>Give ID, fill out form
>Walk out with 5 Permit minutes later

Sorry to hear about your troubles, michibro.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.