[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Duterte: Philippines to buy arms from Russia/China instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/05/world/asia/rodrigo-duterte-philippines-barack-obama.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

Considering the current state of flip military (and its immediate threats), what kind of weapon system that they should get?

Personally, I'd like to see these stuff on the list

>Grad MLRS
>Mi-171 medium helicopters
>Mi-35 Attack helicopter
>120mm mortars
>BTR-80 for the marine corps
>>
>>31556436
good for them russian shit is cheap and easy to use and maintain

so when is usa going to liberate them then?
>>
>>31556436
Well have fun with the logistical nightmare considering that basically everything they have is former US gear. As for the stuff on that list, I could see them maybe being able to afford some BTR-80s and heavy mortars.
>>31556852
>So when is usa going to liberate them
If shit gets too out of hand the Flip military may take him out/try something. Wouldn't be the first time its happened.
>>
>>31556880
That probably true if they have 2 weapon system doing the same job, something like having F-18 and mig-29 (like the other guy)

Taking Grad MLRS for example. Since they didn't have a MLRS in the first place, logistic line needed to be establish to maintain the damn thing anyway, and the only thing that the flips would need to worry about the chassis itself (which uses Ural trucks rather than Kia which is the standard for the flips)

They are also looking for replacements for UH-1 and Mi-17 would be perfect for their budget. Afaik the air force had set a ceiling price of around 10 to 15 million dollars for a helicopter and the only military helos that they could buy with that kind of money are either AW-109 or Sokol. During the previous prez' administration the air force went for Sokol helos and it quickly become one of the biggest military scandal in the country
>>
>>31556436
>BTR-80 for the marine corps

Being a fan for slav-shit, I have to say that the ZBD-05 AAV is a much better choice for any Marine Corps.

Maybe not the variant with the 105mm gun, but probably the IFV variant with 30mm gun (and more passenger seats).
>>
Seems like you'd want a shitload of helicopters and amphibious units, being that there a bunch of islands infested with commie niggers, and you can't drive from one island to another.

I wouldn't mind having a lot of Hinds in that situation.
>>
Anything that pokes holes in ZOG is good.
>>
Chinese/Russian BMPs, WZ551, cheap BTRs, etc
Chinese export tanks like VT-2 and VT-4.
AK-100 series rifles with optics like Venezuela's AK-103s with PK-A, is a good choice, if they're looking for new rifles.
>>
>>31558235
They're not looking for new rifles considering that they just received several thousand new M4s. Other stuff possibly.
>>
>>31557710
I thought they were still buying some of the AW-109s?
>>
He won't get anything from these countries

He will be removed by our military and is just posturing for more gibsmedats
>>
File: 120312-pzl.jpg (58KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
120312-pzl.jpg
58KB, 800x400px
>>31558292
Not as replacement for UH-1 tho.

The air force bought a dozen of sokol helos from poland,which would've been a decent huey replacent, but apparently someone in charge of the procurement fucked up big time and ordered the wrong variant, which is useless for the things it meant to be used

http://maxdefense.blogspot.my/2013/08/what-went-wrong-with-pzl-w-3a-sokol.html?m=1
>>
>>31558274
>M4

Civilian-grade Remington R4 you meant. Shit doesn't even have fun switch
>>
well russian/chinese stuff is cheaper and better

US military is only stronger because they spend far more money and give top of the line gear to everyone.
>>
>>31558004
pinoy is a poor country, choppers are fucking useless & a giant waste of money
>>
>>31558854
>which would've been a decent huey replacent
Sokol is Mi-2 successor, could be funny, especially keeping in mind Mi-2's affinity to Bristol Type 171 and Sikorsky H-5.
>>
>>31559112
>well russian/chinese stuff is cheaper and better

You got one of those right.
>>
>>31558854
>Not as replacement for UH-1 tho.
Not true

According to the PAF roadmap, the AW109s are the eventual replacements for the Hueys until the near future where a medium lift helo is introduced (definitely not the Crashhawk from what I've heard, so its obviously the AW/EH101 or the EC725)

The Hueys won't be retired soon but in the near future (2020s) they will be and that's why in the defense convention that just ended days ago the PAF wants the AW109 fleet to be near the numbers of the current UH-1 inventory but that won't be happening anytime soon thanks to a total wreck of a President

There are also serious talks about opening a AW plant here but I heard the other side wants more actual commitment in terms of order quantity
>>
>>31556436
This guy's funny, I hope he keeps giving the middle finger to the US

I anticipate what he'll be calling Hillary when she gets into office
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.