[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pellet guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: Air-gun-pellets.jpg (28KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
Air-gun-pellets.jpg
28KB, 500x245px
Hi /k/

With increasing crime and insecurity in the country I live in I want a weapon for self-defense. But since i live in Europe getting a firearm is a hard process that i don't have time for. Therefore I think my best option is a powerful pellet gun.

Can /k/ give me some advice on which one i should buy? The more lethal the better
>>
Wich country ?

Otherwise it is just /b/ tier bait.
>>
>>31556261

honestly I don't think you can expect any pellet gun to be a man killer, I would just bang together a firearm in your garage and keep some thermite handy to get rid of it once you use it. that or get a machete or an ax?
>>
Pellet gun? Fuck off. Your only options are lube or a suitcase.
>>
>>31556261
get a pcp gun
>>
>>31556286
Norway
>>
A big bore PCP would be a viable choice but you're talking about a long unwieldy, most likely single shot rifle with the power of a 9mm.
>>
>>31556317
Gun ownership is restricted in Norway, unless one has officially documented a use for the gun. By far the most common grounds for civilian ownership are hunting and sports shooting, in that order.

Copy Paste from wikipedia.

Get a license and get a gun.
>>
>>31556261
>But since I'm a manchild with the attention span of a mayfly and the fiscal responsibility of a terminal heroin addict, getting a firearm in Europe is a hard process.

FTFY

t. a gun-owning Eurofag.
>>
>>31556302
>>31556325
They are the most powerful, but they are bolt action.. is CO2 pistols or rifles an option? as they are semi automatic
>>
>>31556261
Eh, I'll play.
For stupid power http://quackenbushairguns.com/index.htm
Something a little smaller but still stout
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Evanix_Rex_P_Air_Pistol/4050/7727

Semiauto with decent punch
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Evanix_MAX_Bullpup/2727/7301

Don't know if any of those are legal.
>>
>>31556366
I'll check those out, i don't think they're legal as none of the norwegian stores sell them, but i will look into gun laws here
>>
>>31556261
pellet gun that is able to be used for self-defense sucesfully require same license as real guns
>>
>>31556345
I'm going to the army in a few months so don't have time for that. Plus it's really expensive and time consuming, you can buy a pellet gun whenever you want
>>
>>31556317
You are absolutely fucking retarded. Getting a hunting firearm (read: up to 6 different hunting guns, whatever pump shotguns or semi auto hunting rifles you want) takes two months at most.

If you can't do that you don't deserve to get any.
Mvh
>>
>>31556390
All 4,5mm/.177 airguns are legal. Anything over requires a license and a gun safe.
>>
>>31556432
Putting a knife with duct tape around the barrel is 10x more lethal than a wildy fired pellet
>>
>>31556432
>you can buy a pellet gun whenever you want
Maybe because they're all but useless for actually hurting things larger than squirrels?
>Plus it's really expensive and time consuming
Refer to >>31556353
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2029px)
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2029px
I got a .22 break action gas piston a bit ago (crosman vantage np), and it's a lot simpler and cheaper than a PCP rifle. pic related, it costs ~120 USD
>>
File: download-3.jpg (7KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
download-3.jpg
7KB, 300x200px
>>31556261
How about a pistol crossbow OP? That or a tomahawk like a kershaw siege or gerber downrange?
>>
File: foto_no_exif.jpg (3MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
foto_no_exif.jpg
3MB, 2592x1456px
>>31556625
Agree, crossbow is the best option.

Unless you want to defend against pheasants...
>>
OP, a pellet gun isn't going to do shit.

If you're doing home defense, figure out how big your choke points are in your house.

Then, get either a spear (if you have enough room)

Or a short sword if you don't have a lot of room.

>inb4muhspearsareuseless

No.
they were the supreme weapon for thousands of years. They're stupid simple to use, and they're effective as fuck. They put distance between you and the person you're trying to fuck up, and give you time to get your shit together.

If you're going for a melee weapon, get a spear. If you're getting a gun, you're fucked because Europe.

But if you really want to be a real man, do not comply and build a pipe slam shotgun.

It's super easy.
>>
>>31557567
Why a spear (which in tight hallways is pretty cubersome to work with) and not a tomahawk?

Not saying spear is bad. Your opinion is valid. Just wondering. Just because of the range?
>>
>>31556484
>That wood
I like the gas piston but that stock is horrible
>>
gg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m82KvRmhewA
>>
File: WP_20160803_21_45_58_Pro.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160803_21_45_58_Pro.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
One of these. Cheap, unregulated, accurate and lethal.
>>
>>31557739
They make spears shorter than pikes, you know?
>>
>>31558006
So you mean like a digging stick size, or a japanese jo? Seems the main advantage of a spear are lost then.
>>
>>31556353
>I blame other people for not wanting to follow through a useless bureaucratic process intended to restrict a basic human right because I was dumb enough to do so
>>
File: 1352425600482.png (348KB, 722x647px) Image search: [Google]
1352425600482.png
348KB, 722x647px
>>31558549
>I'm gonna protest against the bureaucratic process required for gun ownership by giving up guns altogether!
>Am I genius or what?!

Wow, you really outsmarted the grabbers, broseph.
>>
>>31558813
Certainly better than "protesting" gun control laws by defending them.
>>
>>31559069
>get your guns, then work against these laws, pass the guns on to your offspring
>be a noguns faggot, shitpost on /k/ about pellet guns and zombie machetes for home defense, never touch a firearm in your life

Gee, I wonder which one of these keeps gun ownership alive.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.