[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

922r

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 3956729402.gif (851KB, 570x498px) Image search: [Google]
3956729402.gif
851KB, 570x498px
Hypothetically speaking, how enforceable is 922r? And how much trouble would you get in if you were caught in violation of it?
>>
>>31554808

Not really enforceable to an individual IMO. However, ATF would probably use it to try to bust an importer/SOT/etc.

It refers to manufacturing anyway, not possession. Reason why no gun store or pawn shop frets about taking in a Tapco'd SKS on pawn/trade/buy. How many people did the conversion and did it while maintaining 922r compliance? Exactly.
>>
>>31554813
So I, hypothetically speaking, could put as many Russian parts on my Russian AK as I wanted?
>>
>>31554808
Not very, how often does the ATF walk up and inspect all your parts. That said, if get in trouble for anything else, they very well might pull apart your stuff and tack a lack of compliance onto to the charges.

>>31554831
NO

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922

"(a) It shall be unlawful—

(1) for any person—

(A) except a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer, to engage in the business of importing, manufacturing, or dealing in firearms, or in the course of such business to ship, transport, or receive any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce; or

If you change 922r parts, you 'manufactured' the end-result.

It's all bullshit, but I literally called the ATF a few weeks ago and YOU are responsible for being 922r compliant. It DOES APPLY TO INDIVIDUAL POSSESSION
>>
>current year
>even thinking of 922r outside of a conversation about unenforceable laws

You can also shoulder a brace and the ATF won't run up in your spot like CJ in San Andreas.
>>
>>31554868
What's the ATF current position on SBRs needing to be 922r compliant?
>>
File: 58426788.jpg (87KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
58426788.jpg
87KB, 450x300px
Funny story about some ATF agents.

>a few years ago
>local old dude found some dynamite in his long-dead grandfathers abandoned home
>ATF gets involved
>ATF disposes of the dynamite on the guys property due to it being too unsafe to transport
>old dude tries to thank the ATF agents by giving them a quart of moonshine each
>ATF agent is stunned and just kinda sweeps it under the rug
>agent's face when
>>
>>31554875
I didn't ask about sbrs, but iirc even they don't know. They've said before they do need to be compliant and they've said the opposite.

The ATF is retardedly inconsistent, so frankly, I would err on the side of caution here and make they're compliant just in case.
>>
>>31554868
of course it applies to individuals manufacturing the end result, but it has literally never been enforced on its own

No individual has ever been charged under 922r except as an add-on charge to be plea bargained away. I don't think the charge has ever been fought in court
>>
>>31554875
Yes they do, according to the law

As long as you don't have an unregistered class 3 device, or are selling illegal machine guns or something, in the real world you will never have to worry about 922r

How could a prosecutor prove beyond a reasonable doubt that your un-marked parts are foreign, and that you put them on the rifle yourself, and that you did it within the last 3 years? If you stamp "US" on a part, does that make it US-made? How much modification on a foreign-made part has to be done before it is "made in the US?" Functionally impossible to enforce
>>
File: 922replyp1.jpg (61KB, 594x768px) Image search: [Google]
922replyp1.jpg
61KB, 594x768px
>>31554868
Complete bullshit, and zero proof beyond you shit anecdotal "evidence".

Mere possession of a non 922r compliant firearm cannot be charged.
They would literally have to watch you "assemble" said weapon to even try and charge you.
It a tack on charge, at best, to larger crimes or for impeding importers from bringing in "scary" foreign firearms.

>Here's my proof.
1/2
>>
File: 922replyp2.jpg (43KB, 594x768px) Image search: [Google]
922replyp2.jpg
43KB, 594x768px
>>31554955
2/2
>>
>>31554927
That was literally the first thing I said...

>How enforceable is it?
>"Not very, how often does the ATF walk up and inspect all your parts. That said, if [you] get in trouble for anything else, they very well might pull apart your stuff and tack a lack of compliance onto to the charges."
>>
Literally unenforceable for individuals.
the law exists solely to hamper and impede importers.
>>
>>31554868

why do you post stuff if you don't know shit about the stuff you talk about?
>>
File: 1431246865201.jpg (292KB, 672x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1431246865201.jpg
292KB, 672x2500px
>>31554955
>>31554963
Tl;dr The burden of proof lies on the state, and they can't prove shit.
>>
To my knowledge nobody has ever been troubled by the ATF for only 922r compliance. If however they nailed you for something else they would assuredly tack on any and all charges they could possibly get away with, including 922r.
>>
>>31554955
>>31554963
>Seven years old
Because the ATF is known for its long-standing consistency, right?

>zero proof beyond you shit anecdotal "evidence".
Hey you know what, OP can just call the ATF himself if he wants. I just presented the facts as I know them. That is that the person at the ATF I talked to, said that 922r applies to the owner and individual possession. Maybe he was wrong, maybe he was right, maybe the ATF changed its mind since your letter seven years ago, but I was told what I told OP, and I prefer to be careful with the ATF. So when OP asked his question, I answered to the best of my ability, in an effort to try and make sure he doesn't get vanned

My "shit anecdotal "evidence"" takes a phone call to verify, and you don't have to be a cunt for no reason.
>>
File: atf.png (116KB, 352x309px) Image search: [Google]
atf.png
116KB, 352x309px
>>31554945
So I have an SBR Scorpion EVO. All of the US made parts that came with the factory stock and 922r kit that CZ sells are distinguishable from the original parts. Each metal piece has slightly different cuts, plastic bits like mag followers have a different mold, mag bases say USA on them.

So yes, I personally can tell US made parts on that gun from foreign made ones on sight, no prob.

Now my Saiga is only a slightly different story. While not as intentionally distinguishable my experience with US made parts means I can probably make a good guess based on how it looks. If I were an investigator paid to investigate and spend time sourcing things I bet I could determine US v foreign parts.

Having said all of that I agree that 922r seems to be a tack on charge that goes along with the big charges like "you manufactured an MG." My advice is follow the law and give money to pro gun groups so we can change it.
>>
>>31555033
OP asked a question and I told him what the ATF told me, excuse me for trying to be helpful.

Also
>/k/
>ever knowing what we're talking about
>>
The only time I've ever heard of an individual being hit with 922r was when an arfcom guy made a full auto AK and the ATF threw the book at him.
>>
File: 1452016830661.jpg (87KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
1452016830661.jpg
87KB, 780x438px
>>31555042
So show me the letter that's newer that disproves that one.
Or post the recorded phone call with said agents credentials.
Don't have that?
Zero proof in a court of law.
>The agent you spoke to said so
Oh so like the retarded nigger that said airshit guns could be "easily converted to machine guns"?
I take that letter over your "proof".

>You don't have to be a cunt
And you need to produce evidence of your claims, faggot.
This isn't your fucking hugbox.
Don't like what I'm saying, post something to refute it, fuccboi.
>>
>>31554808
Probably just confiscate the firearm provided you weren't committing other felonies. This would be exceptionally rare but possible
>>
>>31554831
>>31554868
922r only applies to importers of firearms, load your gun up with as many russian parts as you want.
>>
>>31554868
>calling the ATF and asking them questions

Shit like this is why 5.45 imports were fucked and why we can't shoulder a Sig brace. Why do you brown-nosing do-gooders have to seek permission for everything in life that you haven't already been explicitly coached on? "Covering your ass" is code word for subservience and submission.
>>
>>31555216
Covering your ass means you won't get fucked by long dick of the law.
>>
>>31554898
Holy shit...Some fucking people. I see mentalities like that working in a gun shop all the time.

>Inspection
>ATF in plain clothes since jackets are in break room with a couple other feds digging through A&D books
>Customer walks in to see MCX w/ brace
>Tell him not to shoulder it and shift my eyes to the agents
>He chuckles not getting the hint
>shoulders it
>makes a comment about how its unenforceable
>"YOU! I need to talk to you outside"
>Agent chews him out in the parking lot
>guy gets in his car and leaves
This shit is why I dont dick around with braces. I just get my stamps so I'm not bothered

Also...
>local plain clothes cops frequent the shop
>people always talking about illegal shit they "wont get caught for"
>no one says anything
>just that awkward tension waiting to see if the cop makes a move on the guy

>bringing in NFA violations
>some arent aware of the NFA
>others don't give a shit

>guy comes in to buy a rifle lower
>upon check out, scoops up a complete upper
>Inform him he cant legally attach the pistol upper to the rifle lower without the proper paperwork.
>"I know...no one will know, trust me"
>gets upset when I have to stop the sale.
dumb ass could have just said it was for a pistol build and it would have been fine

>guy brings in an MP40 to sell thinking he was going to get $40K for it from us
>no paperwork
>belonged to his grandfather
>doesn't know if grandfather had paperwork for it.
>turn him away
I hope to hell he finds the paperwork or doesn't get caught. He's a good customer and I'd hate to see him in trouble and that gun confiscated and destroyed.
>>
>>31555112
Whatever mate, keep acting like a middle-school reject.

>>31554808
OP, just contact the ATF yourself, regardless of anything posted in this thread. Whether a phone call, a letter (of any age), or anything other than an official ATF statement, the best thing to do is contact them yourself. Otherwise you take the risk of outdated/incorrect/etc information and getting in trouble. When it comes to the law, don't take advice from anyone that isn't from a relevant government agency or that you can't hold legally accountable for bad information, and look at the law yourself if need be.
>>
It a like every unenforceable law from the atf, you think they're just sitting at ranges measuring people's sbrs and checking stamps on parts?
>>
>>31555216
I like not being raped in prison for stupid ass shit.

Plus calling them holds them accountable more than never talking to them and letting them run wild.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.