[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Painball >>> Firearms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 15

File: image.jpg (107KB, 600x292px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 600x292px
The tacticle side of guns is what gets most of you all interested not all but most and you all buy these suped up ARs and lern all these tactics and maybe practice them with friends and the truth is you'll likely never use them in your entire life. Explain to me why you wouldn't have been better off getting into paintball with firearms as a secondary hobby?
>>
Paintball more like gayntball
>>
>he doesn't know that military and law enforcement do paintball drills
>>
>>31554775
Ayyy yeah OP.
You play gayntballs?
Lel Kek what a fag
>>
>>31554779
That's not the question or even close to what I asked and yes I did know that.
>>
A round a paintball is far more intense and thrilling than shooting a piece of paper could ever be.
>>
Learning to shoot guns properly is practical and fun as well but in the fun department alone paintball is clearly superior. Give any range fag a paintball gun and put him in a legit game and ask him what's more thrilling and fun. It's always going to be paintball unless you're a fat fuck who doesn't enjoy moving around in general and you can actually practice these tactics you learn.
>>
>>31554784
Yes, it does; and I'll take the bait and explain to you why you are faggot.

Most people who train with guns in the military or law enforcement use siminution rounds for training. Which is essentially as close to live-fire training as you can get.

>Explain to me why you wouldn't have been better off getting into paintball with firearms as a secondary hobby?
What I'm saying is, that, it already is a "hobby" or sorts for those who do work with firearms.
>>
>>31554762
I'm not a fag who lives in a nanny state
>>
>>31554816
That explains why most people who shoot guns play paintball. Ohh wait no it dosent because out off all the gun owners in America maybe only 2% actually paintball.
>>
>>31554828
Works cited?
>>
>>31554827
So running around shooting at others with friends and practicing tactics while getting shot at in med to high stress is gay but standing in a field popping shots at a piece of paper is "cool" and is what the real men do even though most people who paintball shoot guns always.
>>
what about simunition? is it available to the general public? how about the specialized "guns" that shoot it?
>>
no explosions, just a pfft.
kinda like how I feel about that.
pfft.
>>
>>31554835
No you're right. Most people who paintball do in fact shoot firearms but it of all the gun owners in the U.S. It's so few that it's not even a big deal. If even 10% of all the gun owners paintballed it would be huge. Only the serious guys do it or guys in law enforcement and a lot of military do it as well. Kids also play and I think that's what throws people off.
>>
>>31554836
The deal is that I'll know how to actually use a gun unlike your paintballing ass.
Have fun, Auscuck.
>>
>>31554849
>He doesn't know you need an firearms licence to get a paintball gun in Aus
Get informed before making bold claims, americuck
>>
>>31554849
The deal is most people who paintball know how to use a gun as well and in fact have experience in some sort of a high stress environment unlike you and actually practice tactics with friends as well as shoot at the range and hunt.
>>
Find any paint baller over 20. It's more rare for them to have never shot a gun before than to casually range shoot or have served in the military or worked in law enforcement.
>>
>>31554839
https://www.streichers.com/shooting/ammunition/training-ammo
>ammo

http://simunition.com/en/products/conversion_kits
>conversion kits
>>
>>31554762
Because I can't kill hogs with paintballs.
Or deer.
Or birds.
Or people should the need arise. What the fuck kind of faggot tactics do you think I practice? Not everyone is Travis Haley. I do some practical handgun stuff but that's it. Tell me how paintball would help with any of this.

t. a guy who actually used to play a lot of paintball
>>
>>31554856
You're literally one step above the airsoft fags. Instead of spending $2,000+ on equipment and a marker, how about you put that money towards something useful?
>>
>>31554889
Because tactics aren't more important than owning a 4K AR.
>>
>>31554762
>The tacticle side of guns is what gets most of you all interested

No it's not.
Fuck off to >>>/asp/
>>
>>31554886
I don't know why you're getting so defensive. I didn't say anything about hunting. This is for the guys who got into the hobby for the tactical side and don't hunt which many people do. Even people who hunt enjoy paintball but hunting isn't for everybody.
>>
>>31554896
Umm sir. Do me a quick favor and compare the amount of battle rifle/ tank, tactical threads etc to the amount of hunting threads posted her daily and realize how stupid you sound.
>>
Most threads on k are about tactical self defense battle riffle shit etc. It's not even close.
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 900x675px
>>31554762
You have to be 18 to post here kiddo
>>
>>31554939
How original. Go upstairs and tell your mom what you accomplished here. I'm sure she'd be proud. If you have anything relevant to the thread you'd like to discuss let me know.
>>
File: IMG_2107.jpg (41KB, 419x261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2107.jpg
41KB, 419x261px
>>31554848
I agree with you, good sir.
>>
>>31554856
>most people who paintball know how to use a gun as well and in fact have experience in some sort of a high stress environment

No, most people who paintball are nerds in white collar jobs who like to play pretend on weekends.

>>31554948
>If you have anything relevant to the thread you'd like to discuss let me know.

If you have anything relevant to the board you'd like to discuss let us know.
>/k/ - Weapons
>>
>>31554975
Most people our age assuming you're 20 or older who paintball shoot regularly or have worked in law enforcement or military. Most people who range only are neckbeards or old men or the kind of guy who drives a Harley around to feel like a badass.
>>
>>31554878
I have no idea what this greentext is supposed to convey to me.

I like the concept of Simunition though.

Just don't know if the execution is there.
>>
>>31554996
>Most people our age assuming you're 20 or older who paintball shoot regularly or have worked in law enforcement or military.

[citation needed]
>>
>>31555007
You're delusional. Standing at the range and shooting targets isn't close to as fun and you've obviously never done it because you'd know I'm accurate in what I'm saying. What do you think a bunch of nerds just randomly go outside and set up events? That kind of thing takes leadership unlike driving your ass to the range and shooting a piece of paper most likely by yourself and feeling like a badass and superior even though most people who paintball do the exact same thing and probably better and they're in better shape.
>>
>>31554762
i played paintball for many years, even in college. unfortunately the scene has kinda died around here and none of my friends play anymore. i got into airsoft a little bit from a friend but he quit playing that after a short while as well.
both pretty fun, i'd probably still play if there was still a field around here or had someone to play with.
>>
>>>/asp/
>>>/asp/
>>>/asp/

sage
>>
>>31554762

Fuck off, this is a weapons board. Why do you fags always insist on shoving unrelated shit down our throats using retarded 14y/o-tier arguments like "in ausfailia they're legally weapons, that means they belong here" or "we actually shoot at each other, guns BTFO"?
You're whiny, obnoxious shits and the more you push, the less anyone wants you here.
>>
>>31555040
Practice tactics and shit with your range buds if there's no group nearby or go online and set up a event.
>>
>>31555049
>>31555053
>>31555035

>nontheless bumping the thread

sage you newfaggots
>>
>>31555035
>blah blah blah

I repeat:
[citation needed]
>>
>>31555049
It's weapons related as its technically training as law enforcement uses it to train. If your ADHD won't let you ignore the thread you clearly have the problem spaz.
>>
Paintball is fun, but the tactics are utterly dissimilar. Paintball conditions you to treat scrub brush as cover, mag-dumping and the need to get within ~50 feet to hit anything due to abysmal accuracy.
>>
>>31555059

Fucking paintball is not weapons related you fucking summerfaggot, paintballfags should be grateful that shit is even considered a sport and you're allowed to talk about it on >>>/asp/

it actually belongs on /toy/ same as fucking airshit

>hurr durr we so tactical

paint ball does nothing for you except give you autism
>>
>>31555059
>retarded 14y/o-tier arguments

Case in point.
>>>/asp/
>>
>>31554886
He's right here, there isn't much real tactics but instead call of duty shit
>>
>>31555063
>>31555063
It's for close quarters where most self defense situations/gunfights actually take place. Haven't you even wondered what you'd actually do if somebody pulled a pistol on you and you were armed as well be it close or maybe a room away. You can never know unless you have some kind of actual practice. It only takes two people. You can learn to take cover efficiently and despite what you might think it's actually stressful so the practice is good as it's not fun to get hit with a paintball gun. It's not perfect but at least it's fucking something which is why law enforcement uses it.
>>
>>31554762
guns kill things, paintball doesnt

applying any of what you do in paintball other than movement and cover to real weapons is purely detrimental and will get you killed

i remember when i was 14 and enjoyed 14 year old things. jacking off is still pretty good tho
>>
>>31555089
For self defense? You're fucking retarded.
>>
File: IMG_3440.jpg (984KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3440.jpg
984KB, 1936x2592px
You're argument for paintball is invalid when 3 gun exists
>>
>>31555115
That's the whole point. It's tactics and you're working in a high stress environment. I'm not saying give up shooting. Most paintballers our age shoot guns. A paintballer who shoots guns as well is going to be far more prepared than you could ever be.
>>
>>31555100

Ok, but how does running around inna woods or on a speedball course translate to dealing with a sudden mugging or with a home invasion? Is your paintball gun even of similar size and shape to your CCW or have similar controls?
You do wake up in a fugue at 3am, grab your paintball gun and run to the stairs to pelt your friends who just broke down the front door? I'm guessing not.
>>
Your 4000$ AR isn't going to be any better than a stock one if you don't know how to take cover or have never had any experience working in any sort of high stress environment before. At least a paint baller who shoots actual guns has some sort of idea what to do and how people think in firefights unlike some fuck who just shoots at paper all day and thinks he's going to be Rambo or some shit when things go bad. You're building that twitch muscle memory for hitting moving targets most hunters don't even have because that usually aren't shooting moving targets unless you're a duck hunter and that's even good practice but not for close quarters like paintball.
>>
>>31555147
Speedball is different but you're still learning that twitch muscle memory for hitting moving targets at close range but when you actually make an effort to practice tactics with a group however small it's better than nothing and like I said law enforcement and military uses paintball. It's not some random meme I'm spewing.
>>
>>31554762
Because airsoft is more realistic, if you want a manual of arms that somewhat translates into real life.

>noisy hopper
>shitty loud awkward pods for reloading instead of slick, convenient magazines
>a fucking dangling leaf or teeny tiny twig will act as cover and prematurely stop a paintball

Paintball is fun, but it sure as fuck isn't realistic.
>>
>>31554762
>>>/asp/
>>
>>31555169

Cover and moving targets, are you fucking serious?
>>
>>31555185
How do you tell if someone gets hit in Airsoft?
>>
>>31555179

Yeah, LE and Mil use paintball guns, but not only are the guns themselves quite a bit different from off the shelf paintball guns normal people play with but they also use them in carefully coordinated force on force training scenarios. They don't just go out into the field and blaze away at one another with 200 round hoppers.
When it comes to common sport Pball the cardio from running around all day is far more relevant than any "twitch muscle memory."
>>
>>31555179
>law enforcement and military use paintball
they use sim rounds
9mm chalk rounds fired from their service weapons with a different upper. They do not use paintball tactics or paintball guns.
>>
>>31555196
That's the only downside. It relies on the honor system. So if you play with fags who don't call their hits then it sucks.

Either that or soup up your gun enough that it hurts even through clothing, so the little yelps of pain do the talking.
>>
>>31554762
Paintball’s cool. Same for airsoft. I’ve never understood the hatred for either of them here.
The most hardcore airsoft players I know are active military.

As long as you don’t pretend that playing either makes you oper8r, it shouldn’t trigger /k/ like it does.

I’m hasguns, but still play paintball and airsoft from time to time. Never found a contradiction between them.
>>
>>31555312
Shooting at the range doesn't make you a operator. You've got to do actual training. It seems like people here think shooting at a range and hunting makes you ready to deal with anything.
>>
>>31555333
In terms of somebody breaking into your house or any real life situation they all are shit.
>>
>>31555213
>>31555179
Appeal to authority : : not an argument

mil and le also use 5.56 because they spray and pray under high pressure situations and need the extra rounds for increased effectiveness
>>
>>31555312
Seconded that.
I like shooting my rifles, and I like paintball, only downsides with paintball is that it's hard to gather enough friends on a precise day since they're all studiying, working, married, etc
>>
At least with paintball you somewhat learn to perform under stress. Why do you think drill instructors yell while making you do simple tasks? It doesn't matter if it's actually shooting at somebody it's the fact that you're learning to think in a stressful environment.
>>
>>31555351
>appeals to authority
>gets corrected
>"appeal to authority"
>>
>>31555351
>mil and le also use 5.56 because they spray and pray under high pressure situations and need the extra rounds for increased effectiveness

Whereas you with your fucking CETME are ice cold death incarnate, one shot one kill, no pucciboi 5.56 but real fucking NATO, amirite?
>>
File: 1466048055856.jpg (19KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
1466048055856.jpg
19KB, 500x434px
OP, you sound like a massive faggot, I think it's time for you to quit before you have to fall back on the "hurr durr I was just trolling this entire time!" argument
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 500x434px
>>31555370
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Anon, you sound like a massive faggot, I think it's time for you to quit before you have to fall back on the "hurr durr I was just trolling this entire time!" argument
>>
Paintball has absolutely nothing to do with real world tactical scenarios. A paintball gun doesn't feel like a real gun, doesn't point like a real gun, your "cover" is pretty pointless when a 5.56 will rip through a car door without slowing down, there's no part of it I would call high stress.
Paintball, tactically, has more in common with Halo.

I'll stick with IDPA and USPSA but please, tell me more about how your toys are training for real world combat.
>>
>>31555045
>>31555049

>go to >>>/mandrama/
yeah when we get our board back
>>
>>31555405
Taking cover behind something available beats standing in direct fire like a fucking lunatic and leaning how to ambush works in the real world as well so please tell me how sitting at a bench shooting at targets at range will help you train for real world combat.
>>
File: 1475431323439.jpg (26KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1475431323439.jpg
26KB, 375x375px
>it's some underage paintball kiddie who thinks his paintball experience makes him an operator.
>>
File: 1355739283325.jpg (237KB, 1100x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1355739283325.jpg
237KB, 1100x1380px
>>31555444
>>31555333
>>31555000
>>
File: image.gif (181KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
181KB, 500x380px
>>31555444
>It's a range manager thinks he's a navy seal episode.
>>
>>31555607
*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...
>>
>>31555196
You don't. Which is why airsoft is complete trash.

It's much cooler, the guns are more realistic, etc. but that getting hit is absolutely meaningless ruins it. You may as well play paintball, then.

If you care super hard about Le Realistic Gun's :^) though, there are paintball guns styled after real guns. They're just not popular because hoppers and a pair of PVC pipes stacked together are simpler to build and operate. But I have seen AR-styled paintball guns before.
>>
>>31555125
it doesnt exist in 90% of the world, it is a fudd sport
>>
File: 839.png (181KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
839.png
181KB, 400x345px
>>31555704
>it doesnt exist in 90% of the world

It exists in the parts of the world worth talking about, i.e. the US, Canada and the parts of Europe that aren't too cucked.

>it is a fudd sport

Pic related.
>>
>>31555822
I'm just trying to Rile U Up + Plane The Seeds of Anger In You're Heart with the fudd talk but really it's incredibly rare outside of the southern US

even TruckNutz(tm) are more prolific than 3 gun
>>
>>31555841

I wouldn't know about the US, as I live in Europe, but we have regular IPSC and 3gun matches around here, whereas this is the first time I've ever heard of TruckNutz(tm).
>>
>>31554762
rather spend my money on dakka and a trad wifie
all of which are more are useful than paintball kit.
>>
Fags don't know about magfed paintball. Its cool I run and climb up mountains on sundays while you faggots eat cheetos and spurge on paper. You'd cry like little faggots if you were ever in a real war situation. I'd keep your head down until I run up on you and make you squeal like the fat autstic spurge you are. You wouldn't know how to work as a team and gain angles if your life depended on it.
>>
>>31555424
Yes, hide behind bushes so you can be shot through them, good job.
I see you're still stuck on this target shooting thing so I'll help you out here, people target shoot to practice marksmanship fundamentals.
I'm glad you enjoy playing soldier with your toys, they still have no bearing whatsoever on real world combat or marksmanship. I'll stick with IDPA and USPSA, atleast they don't use toys.
>>
>>31554762

paintball is fucking boring
>>
>>31554849

>being so autistic he thinks people can only choose 1 hobby/ form of training
>>
>>31554762
I dont give a fuck about tactics.
I like guns from a mechanical aspect and i enjoy shooting them .
>>
File: 2.png (82KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
82KB, 500x214px
>>31555215
>That's the only downside. It relies on the honor system. So if you play with fags who don't call their hits then it sucks.

Loose clothing makes detecting hits occasionally bit hard.

>>31555352
>I like shooting my rifles, and I like paintball, only downsides with paintball is that it's hard to gather enough friends on a precise day since they're all studiying, working, married, etc

Organizing anything more complex than drinking beer and maybe watching movies is impossible without planning shit months ahead and even then couple guys have to drop out due to real life problems. Such is adult life. When majority of friends have kids it becomes even harder.

>>31555213
>they use sim rounds
>9mm chalk rounds fired from their service weapons with a different upper. They do not use paintball tactics or paintball guns.

Except when they train to use paintball guns. Quite a lot of gun manufactures sell paintball guns or in some cases even make their own models. Less lethal solutions, riot control and shieet. Blunt impact balls, irritant balls, washable paintballs, non-washable paintballs and dust markerballs. Usually safer than beanbags for shotgun. FN has it's own design. Some AR manufacturers just slap their own real gun lower on compatible mil sim paintball marker upper, with considerable price hike on "toy" part of "system".
>>
File: 1474489191617.jpg (21KB, 408x352px) Image search: [Google]
1474489191617.jpg
21KB, 408x352px
>>31554925
Do you seriously think that this Namibian bug collecting meetup represents a majority of actual firearms owners?
>>
>>31554762
OP can't into the cerebral enjoyment of things, sad!
>>
>paintball kiddos thinking running around with their toy guns makes them gunfighters

You think you're wolves, but you're really just fat little piggies. Oh, I'm going to enjoy playing with you little piggies.

>"BREEEEEEEEEE! BREEEEEEEEEEEE! BUT THIS ISN'T HOW IT WORKS WHEN I'M PLAYING PAINTBALL! BREEEEEEEEEE! WHAT'S HAPPENING? BREEEEEEEEE!"

You'll fucking squeal when you realize you're in over your head and you're about to become a nice pork dinner for a wolf like me. Can't wait to walk up to one of you paintballing little porkers as you lie on the ground bleeding and terrified, your wide tearful eyes fixated on the blade in my hand as you scream for your mother.

>"MOMMA PIG! MOMMA PIG! HELP ME MOMMA PIG! I DON'T WANT TO DIE MOMMA PIG! BREEEEEEEEEEE!"

Your last dying squeals as I bring my knife to your throat and finish you off. Cut you and watch you bleed like the squealing little paintball piglets you are.
>>
>>31557054

Finally, a teenage edgelord to match the OP!
The hero we need, but don't deserve.
>>
File: d3889.gif (3MB, 353x209px) Image search: [Google]
d3889.gif
3MB, 353x209px
>>31557054
>>
>>31554762
>the truth is you'll likely never use them in your entire life
Hunting. You get to shoot real stuff no problem.
>>
>>31555130
>our age
anyone who continually has to validate their claims with this is obviously underage
>>
File: fn303_269586.jpg (58KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
fn303_269586.jpg
58KB, 800x530px
>>
File: fn-303w-loads.jpg (180KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
fn-303w-loads.jpg
180KB, 800x400px
>>
>>31554762
>>>/asp/
>>
>>31559121
>inedible paint

Damn those americans WILL eat anything!
>>
>>31559613
you dyslexic mother fucker.
>>
>>31559613

I know you're trying to be funny, but it didn't work.
>>
>>31557054
Holy fucking autism
>>
>>31554775
Paintball, more like Taintball
>>
>>31554853
>cuck
>needing a firearms license
pick both
>>
>>31555213
Army here. Used simunition in basic, paintball in ait, and nothing at my current unit because we're broke as fuck
>>
>>31559109
I'd like to make note that the inventor of dumpster fires should sue FN for patent infringement. God those things are garbage.
>>
>>31554869
I'm 52 years old. I played the sport in 1985.
>>
This entire thread is weapons grade autism.
>>
>>31556233
Is this new pasta?
>>
>>31554762
I used to play that when I was a teen
Only did it on an official coarse once though. Mainly just hooked up with home schooled kids and went inna woods and made up our own rules

One time iirc I think it was my dad who needed to sit out so like a fucking teenage retard I asked to use his and my paintball guns at once

Snuck up on some Samoan kid and unleashed paint hell while dual wielding. I think I got him them some other fucker got me instantly. I might've also missed every shot since I was firing from both hips but I recall him with his hands up and my dad laughing.

The stupidest shit we did was a zambie mode. Yeah, having to be shot until your mask is painted is an idea teens would fucking come up with.
iirc we did it in Winter too, I got pegged in the same spot 3 fucking times by frozen balls.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.