[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun love fading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
So I've been shooting for a long time and I've been feeling depressed about guns lately. I've grown detached from the fun of all of it over the years and it seems like work to go out and shoot where as I'd used to enjoy it. I've started to wonder why I have all these guns when I truthfully only need a shotgun and edc handgun. I feel like I've wasted so much money on a hobby I lost interest in some time ago. I really want to enjoy it but I just can't for some reason anymore. It's not simply not fun and it truthfully is bumming me out. Do you guys ever get like this. I don't know if it's a phase of if I will never enjoy shooting as much as I used to.
>>
>>31554688
Take a break from guns, do something else for a while, then come back refreshed. If you sell them all now you'll probably regret it a few years down the road.

This is part of having a hobby, and why you should have more than one.
>>
Think of all the fun times you had.
>why did I waste all those hours playing vidya
it was fun
>why did I go through all that pain in the gym for years on end
it was fun
>why did I burn all that gas in my car instead of taking the train/bus
it was fun

Stop being a negative nancy, maybe take some shooting courses to spice things up a bit, other than shooting paper from stationary positions (assuming).
If you sell your funs, you will think back on them and will come to miss them probably.

Or just stop being a whining cunt, sell your other funz and move on to other endeavours.
I cant believe I just typed all that shit out.
>>
>>31554701
That's the thing. I have a lot of hobbies. I like to enduro trips, fish/fly Ice fish, game, race RC cars, I'm into survival stuff like winter camping lots of things and I've never really burnt out on those and I'm even getting into more. My buddy is trying to get me into rock climbing but firearms are really the only thing I for some fuck all reason can't seem to enjoy anymore.
>>
>>31554705
The bright side is I'm not actually considering selling my guns but I'm just depressed I can't enjoy it for some reason and thought I'd ask you guys if you ever felt the same.
>>
>>31554725
So like the other guy said, give it a rest for a while. If you feel the same after a year, sell them. Dont make it worse by turning it into a bothering chore. You will then half-ass it and what good is that going to do?
>>
>>31554705
This guy's right. You had fun with them, so you didn't waste that money.
In my years I tried collecting stamps, legos, archery, jogging, playing squash, painting, baking cakes, shooting black powder revolvers, etc I went all in money-wise. I have shelves full of various equipment I don't use. It used to be fun, but it stopped for reasons. I could regret all those spent bucks but I don't because those things influenced me, taught me new skills, made some stories.
You've spent that money on developing yourself. There's nothing to regret.
Maybe you're just tired of doing the same stuff over and over. Try something new that seems fun.
>>
>>31554729
Yep, I've been there, OP.and to a degree i still am. Ausfag here and I've had to work hard to get and keep my guns and the worst part is, i can hardly use them because of all the restrictions in this country. But I've found having mates to shoot with including my gf, has helped me maintain my interest even if it comes in ebbs and flows. I used to smoke a lot of weed and cigarettes. I must have spent close to 150k on those habits in my life and that money is gone and the memories are non existent. Shooting is something that i get out what i put in and in the event i wanted to sell my gear, i have gear to sell. The same can't be said for drinking gaming smoking and drug use
>>
File: 1475390862505.jpg (225KB, 613x827px) Image search: [Google]
1475390862505.jpg
225KB, 613x827px
Don't sell your collection. You will regret it later. I've had the same experience coupled with the regret about all the money and I think it just comes with the territory of pursuing an interest for a number of years. Redirect your focus and come back to guns in a while when you're not burnt out.

Remember, you're here for life
>>
File: image.png (18KB, 315x274px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
18KB, 315x274px
>>31554688
Do you have more than one hobby? Have you considered doing other hobbies than firearms? If so, take a breather, enjoy other stuff, the desire to shoot will comeback after a while.

Would you fuck your guns? Do you consider ammosexuality? Do you sleep n cuddle with them?
There's more to firearms than just shooting and collecting.
>>
>>31554688
>I've been feeling depressed

Here's your problem, seek professional help. More than likely you're sinking into depression and don't realize it. You probably feel this way about everything else.

I've owned guns for 8+ years and shooting them still puts a smile on my face. Showing others how to shoot is fun too, plus you get to convert faggots on the fence, antis or people who have never shot.
>>
>>31554688
I'll buy your guns. What you got?
>>
>>31554725
Ever tried flying RC?
Might help.
>>
>>31554688

Guns aren't just a hobby. They're a tool and they're there for you when you need them.

Would you be saying this about that nice ratchet set or torque wrench you bought and used once?
>>
>>31554705
This. Nothing is waste of time, money, etc. if it means something to you and you have fun.
>>
>>31554688
go find a 2 or 3 gun group that does stupid ass tactical race shoots. if all you do is take your guns to a range and shoot a target from a bench, ofcourse it's gonna get old. 2 gun is fun as hell tho. it doesnt have to be tacticool or high speed, it's just the opportunity to move and shoot in various ways while also timing yourself.
>>
That's because you view it as part of your identity. Seperate who you are from what you do.
>>
>>31554688
Guns hold their value well, sell off everything but the essentials and move on the the next chapter. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>31554801
>Stamp collecting
Why?
>>
>>31554688

>1945+71
>owning guns for fun and not as a tool for killing minorities and people you disagree with

gigglinggirls.jpg
>>
>>31554688
Nah, shooting isn't really supposed to be fun anyway I just happen to find it fun. Guns always have and always will be a self defense tool before it's a collectible for me. Probably why after 9 years of being an owner, I still only have 4 guns. I only have what I feel I need.
>>
>>31555022
>CURRENT YEAR
>still shooting minorities and people you disagree with
>not engaging in meme warfare
>>
>>31554729
Sell them all and use the money to buy a boat.
>>
>>31554688
Play league of legends
Explore /pol/
>>
>>31554904

>Getting "professional" help
>Giving the state a reason to take your funs away

Why doesn't he just walk into the local police station and surrender them in person?
>>
>>31554688
Do you have a girlfriend?

I feel exactly the same, I'll still clean my guns and take care of them but I haven't been out shooting in over a year, I just feel incapable of going to the range when it used to be the one thing I looked forward to.

My depression feels like it's stemming from absolute loneliness, my father died in July 2015 and he was the last family member I had left, I haven't been able to find a girl without getting friendzoned.
>>
File: image.gif (834KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
834KB, 500x281px
>>31555276
>coming to a Tibetan image board for advise in psychological issues

Yeah, you do everything /k/ suggests right? Also

>living in a commie state that would disarm you for talking to a psychiatrist.
>>
What do you shoot? Do you just shoot paper or random crap? Or just into a berm? Try picking up some steel targets and try running some drills. Right now I'm in sort of a hunch for shooting because the land Iised to shoot on I can't go to ATM because reason. So all I really have left is to shoot paper at 2 or so different ranges.
>>
I really like firearms but I honestly like shooting them a lot less than make believe operating around the house and racking them over and over. I go shooting somewhat often but after I do go to the range I don't feel the need to go again for a while.
>>
Stop treating guns as a hobby and start considering them as a utility tool. Practice every once in a while with your cc and home defence weapon to maintain efficiency.

Stop listing guns as a hobby / interest and just leave it at that
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.