[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best hangun for self and home defense that's below $600?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: rossi-model-46202.jpg (48KB, 661x496px) Image search: [Google]
rossi-model-46202.jpg
48KB, 661x496px
Best hangun for self and home defense that's below $600?
>>
>>31553190
fnx-9
>>
>>31553243
don't listen to giddy he's a shitty tripfag who loves to post his shitty opinions
>>
File: IMG_20160616_185628.jpg (260KB, 956x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160616_185628.jpg
260KB, 956x710px
>>31553190

Used police Glock 17 - $350
Couple extra mags - $50
Fresh pair of night sights - $80
Rest on ammo
>>
CZ-75.
>>
canik tp9
>>
>>31553190
What do you plan on using it for, HD, CC, OC?
Revolver or semi?
What state?
Full sized, compact, sub-compact?
Caliber preferences?
Capacity preferences?
Do you care about how it looks?
Will it be your only gun?
Height and weight?
>>
>>31553427
This is a good answer.

I have no idea where you get old police shit but this is a good answer.
>>
>>31553436
this, need more info
some good ones are cz 75
beretta 92
ruger lcr x
makarov
tokarev
m&p
glawks
or if you really want to go cheap get some shitty taurus or hi point or something that's really cheap but works
>>
>>31553458
Maks are less than $325. You have to be a complete nigger to not be able to afford them.
>>
File: IMG_20160912_175852.jpg (397KB, 1441x1070px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160912_175852.jpg
397KB, 1441x1070px
>>31553441

I got pic related on gunbroker. Standard police trade, lots of holster wear but 100% functional and came with (very dim) night sights. All I did was swap in a new recoil spring and change out to new night sights and it's now my go-to nightstand gun and comp gun for action pistol matches.
>>
>>31553481
(Well-Worn)
>>
The one you have on you.
>>
op here left for a bit cause i didnt think anyone was gonna reply
>>31553436
I wanted to be able to use it for both home defense and CC hoping it would be able to fit in my back pocket so compact. i dont really care about the wear and tear, also dont mind revolver or semi but revolvers look pretty cool so thats a plus. im 5'10'' and 130 pounds down with whatever price as well just tryin not to clean out my bank so like around 600 would be the limit
>>
>>31553614
okay, I'd get a Makarov for a thin but somewhat heavy (quick follow up shots), extremely reliable (maybe most reliable handgun?), cheap, aesthetic, and superior soviet 9x18. I would however advise to go to an indoor range that rents pistols if possible to get a good feel of what you buy, or other guns, before buying one.
>>
>>31553190
If you're talking about carry AND home defense I think a gen 3 G 26 (Glock) would be a good bet. A G 19 for mostly the same reasons. The Gen 3s are now under $500 new, you could buy an extra mag or two and some ammo.

Plus you can buy a 33 round mag (or just a 17 rounder) for the home defense part, it'll even fit in the 26. I enjoy shooting 33 straight out of my 19 at the range. And people DO conceal carry 19s all the time, you don't have to limit yourself to a sub-compact.
>>
>>31553646
thanks for the advice i appreciate it, i was actually just looking at makarovs and i like the quick follow up shots idea. Also a good idea about the range ill definitely be doing that as well
>>
>>31553646
Renting before you buy is ALWAYS good advice.
>>
>>31553661
looking at that as well and it seems okay i just dont really like how glocks look also how can a 17 and 33 round mag fit into that tiny gun
>>
>>31553676
The smaller mag of the 26 doesn't fit in a G 17 or 19 because the baseplate stops it from going all the way in.

But when you turn it around, the longer mags fit in the smaller guns, the mag is just sticking out of the bottom of the gun. So it looks a little silly but it's totally functional and one of the only ways that a gun designed for everyday carry might also be a good idea for home defense.

Bonus, you can then later get a Sub2K that takes Glock mags and have compatibility between a handgun and a carbine using the same mags.
>>
>>31553733
oh thats really neat actually i didnt know you could just turn around the mag to make it fit sounding like a pretty good option as well ill test them out at a range to get a feel and decide thanks for the tip
>>
>>31553761
Well, you don't "turn the mag around" it still goes in the same way. The mag catches are just all designed at the same point so it works whether it's a 10 rounder or a 33 rounder. Definitely worth a look if you'll only have the 1 gun.

Some other guns have extended magazines available (Beretta M9, probably some Sigs too) but I would guess the Glock would be more cost effective. And I'll admit I don't know if those are even available for XD/M&P models.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.