[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

soft primer strike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 20161003_235423.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161003_235423.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How often had this happened to you?

This is with a Beretta px4 full frame.
>>
File: 1475467743662.jpg (38KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
1475467743662.jpg
38KB, 640x621px
>>31552994
>tulammo

Found the problem.
>>
>TulAmmo
>>
>>31553017

Is it just an ammo problem then? I have only had it happen with this ammo. But only like twice in 500 rounds.
>>
>>31552994
>TulAmmo
>blames the gun for """light primer strikes""""

>index finger longer than middle finger
>"""male"""

Haha oh wow
>>
>>31552994
>shooting tula out of a non-poorfag gun
>9mm

kill yourself
>>
>>31552994
Had a light primer strike with one Golden Tiger 7.62x39 round a few years back. I would suggest shooting either American Eagle or Lawman, something with more consistency than TulAmmo.
>>
>>31553045
Look at pic again
>>
Somewhat relevant to the topic. In the army and there seems to be an issue with my M4. I'll shoot a round when zeroing and occasionally I'll have to eject an unfired round after firing 3 rounds since they want to give us a mag with 15 rounds instead of a bunch of 3 rounders. When I eject the unfired round, there's a slight dent in the primer. Is there something wrong with my M4 or is it normal for the rifle to make that slight dent in the primer when cambering the round?
>>
>>31553067

I have a bunch of AE and Lawman. I bought that Tula for cheap plinking ammo and stopped after those two happened. I think I might have some more around to use up... I'll just deal with it if it happens again. Good malfunction drill is having an actual, unexpected unplanned malfunction ;) not something I would carry for self-D however with that as a possibility of course
>>
>>31553091
Normal with a free floating firing pin, nothing to worry about
>>
>>31552994
Don't listen to these autists. My understanding is that most European (mainly Russian) produced steel cased ammo uses a harder primer and requires more force/contact with the firing pin to fire reliably. Just to be sure make sure your gun is well lubricated and cleaned well. I've only ever had this issue with my PSA AR.
>>
>>31553091
It's the firing pin slamming forward when the bolt closes. It happens when the firing pin spring weakens or you get a ton of carbon in the bolt causing the pin to get stuck "forward". Full strip and Clean out your bolt carrier or you may slamfire... someday. eventually.

Actually, Some rifles have floating pins and never have any issue, as long as they never shoot "soft" civillian primers.
>>
>>31553091
>When I eject the unfired round, there's a slight dent in the primer. Is there something wrong with my M4 or is it normal for the rifle to make that slight dent in the primer when cambering the round?

It's not a problem at all like >>31553120 said. My AR does it all the time.
>>
>>31553154
>>31553159
>>31553120
Ok, just wanted to make sure. I don't want to get an ND on the range. Thanks.
>>
>>31553091
Take your bolt carrier out.

Disassemble it.

Reassemble it, noticing there are no springs and no parts that prevent the firing pin from moving.

Shake the re-assembled BCG. Firing pin moves.

When you chamber a round, it has enough momentum to touch the primer.

It's not going to set it off, unless the ammunition has been compromised or it has some baby soft primers.

As such, following the 4 rules of firearms safety will serve you well.

And as a 5th rule, do not treat an AR15 like it is drop safe. Although practically speaking it is, mechanically speaking it is not. That 5th rule is a general common sense item for all guns, even those that mechanically are, but I digress.
>>
>>31553172
>And as a 5th rule, do not treat an AR15 like it is drop safe
Funny you say that. At my last unit, the M16s we were issued were total garbage. One of my sergeants even said "If the rifle doesn't chamber a new round, just slam the shit out of the butt stock into the ground and it should work." Guess that's to be expected with rifles that are older than myself and used more than a street whore in Vegas.
>>
Happens once or twice per 50 rounds with my Glock 19 when shooting Tula 9mm. Is a good excuse to practice tap/rack/bang.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.