[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schrödinger's election

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (25KB, 298x301px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 298x301px
I'm a poorfag who wants to get muh first gun, but am worried wether or not I should wait until before or after the election.

>If I wait till after and trump wins, relations with Russia will be great and I'll be able to get an sks or mosin for dirt cheap
>if Hillary wins autists will sperg out and the shelves will be empty, it'll be impossible to get a good poorfag gun
>if I do it before I can play it safe but buying something like an sks will run me $350. (Not really worth it?)

W-what do I do /k/?
>>
At least buy a few stripped lowers to sit on.
>>
>>31551043
Same predicament here, waiting for tax refund season and hoping for the best otherwise.
>>
Buy a cheapo AR lower for now. See what happens as time goes on. If things go bad, you'll probably be able to make a profit on the lower at least.
>>
Stock the fuck up on lowers.
>>
>>31551043
There is no guarantee that relations with Russia will improve with a Trump victory.

There is no guarantee that Shillary will be able to take your guns. Obama couldnt do shit for 8 years. She may be in the same predicament.

Buy what you can, plenty of inexpensive guns out there for poorfags.
>>
>>31551043
Buy a nugget and an AR15 lower. Either way, you can't lose money.
>>
>>31551043
>>If I wait till after and trump wins, relations with Russia will be great and I'll be able to get an sks or mosin for dirt cheap
no you wont
russia isnt frothing at the teeth to get rid of surplus crap
they already got rid of their crap and the stockpiles they have arent importable cause full auto etc
now if trump lets norinco loose prices will drop
>>
>>31551043
Hillary won't get elected but that won't stop a surge in panic buying because fudds are fucking retarded. So either be willing to wait a year before prices normalize under Trump.

Be prepared to filter retarded losers like >>31551075 >>31551101 trying to sell lowers on armslist over and over and over again for retarded prices.
>>
>>31551102
All shillary has to do is appoint another liberal SC judge and then revisit District of Columbia v. Heller
>>
>>31551102
Wake up dumb dumb, 4 justices.
>>
>>31551102
>There is no guarantee that Shillary will be able to take your guns

Doesn't matter. Hillary so much as blinking will send preppers into a frenzy.

>plenty of guns for poorfags

Uh.. Like what?
>>
B U Y
U
Y

THE END IS FUCKING COMING.
>>
>have 5 lowers and no money to build them up

Don't buy more than one or two lowers. Just get an actual gun.
>>
>If I wait till after and trump wins, relations with Russia will be great and I'll be able to get an sks or mosin for dirt cheap

Is this nigger serious? You had a good two decades to do this. Save some money poorfag.
>>
>>31551119
>>31551043
The thing is with a Trump election he'll probably block most bullshit but import restrictions won't get lifted because companirs like Springfield is more than happy to sell M1As for three times the price of Norinco despite using powdered metal and they have the screws to the NRA
>>
>>31551166
>you had a good two decades

I'm a youngun
>>
>>31551210
So the NRA, which advocates for citizens owning firearms, is essentially making it harder for citizens to own firearms?
>>
NYcuck here.

I have an SKS, a piece of shit 10/22 that I hate, a cucked AR-15 and 2 AR lowers.

What should I get before the election? Was thinking of getting a benelli nova or a mini-14. I'd really like a fun lever gun or some kind of bolt gun but no sense getting a fudd gun when there's the potential for a big scare coming up.
>>
>>31551210
Norinco makes better quality M1A's than Springfield?
>>
>>31551135
>>31551127
Still not a guarantee. Senate needs to approve of them.

This whole president can fuck us in gun rights meme needs to die. Senate does a lot of the heavy lifting in gun control.

Does the president get a say? Yes. Is their word the law of the land, no.
>>31551149
Initially yes, prices will fall like they did after sandy vag.

Just go looking with a price range on gun broker or Armslist.

Mosins are still around 150$
SKSs are 400$ average. Not bad.

Plenty of cheap pump shotguns like mossy 500s and mavericks.

Plenty of cheap plinking rifles like 10/22s

Plenty of sub 500$ bolt rifles. And building an AR piece by piece can get you a decent rifle for under 600$.
>>
the election notwithstanding

stuff is cheaper today and prices are only going up so whatever you buy will be more expensive tomorrow than today

start by buying 80 lowers and a jig. discretion is the better part of valor, as the old saying goes.
>>
>>31551043
Always get a gun. Always. Especially if you don't already have one.

You can go to tackle shops and get a great gun for 400 bucks, there's literally no excuse. And if you cant save up 400 bucks, you got way bigger problems then the election, mate.
>>
>>31551043
No. They won't. The import bans are NEVER going away. Leave milsurp to the collectors. If you want a cheap blaster, build an AR or buy a 22.
>>
>>31551236
It's been like that for years now, mate. MDfag, I can fucking testify - the NRA left us out in the rain during our Assault Weapons Ban, and then was scared the fuck away when Beretta dipped from the state.

We got fucked.
>>
>>31551236
They hold the line but are selective about that they will expend time and money on and part of what enters into the thinking is indeed whether the companies that throw chuncks of change give the go ahead.

>>31551241
Some might say a bit rougher but they use forged recivers instead of powder cast
>>
>>31551043
Whatever way the election goes, gun laws are gonna get fucked in the ass
So don't buy anything likely to get banned.
That means deadly salt weapons (AR, AK, other scary black guns with neverending clips)
>>
>>31551236
They cynically don't oppose import bans, but it's not an issue worth bringing up without a pro-gun Pres+congress.

Haven't had a pro-gun president since...well, ever.
>>
File: SKS_-_Ryssland_-_AM.045810.jpg (440KB, 2050x900px) Image search: [Google]
SKS_-_Ryssland_-_AM.045810.jpg
440KB, 2050x900px
>>31551236

They're making it harder to own FOREIGN firearms, or specifically ones that aren't NRA contributors.

Springfield, Colt, and Winchester make handsome contributions to the NRA. Vlad and Svetlana putting together AKs at the Arsenal plant in Bulgaria or selling SKSs that have been sitting in cosmoline for half a century doesn't make the NRA a dime.

That's why they REEEEEEEEEEEEEEd so hard when the ATF was getting ready to ban 5.56 green tip, but they didn't give a wet shit when 7n6 5.45 surplus was banned.
>>
>>31551043

>being this retarded
>ARs at an all time low
>Thinking limited supply sks surplus is the thing to buy
>Fixed 10 round mag
>Not even a ban weapon under Clinton AWB
>Not buying cheap Anderson lowers and throwing together PSA kits
>Not even buying lowers just to stack up

Are you serious?
>>
>>31551043
How poorfag are we talking? Layaway with gun stores are not unheard of, I know Atlantic Firearms does them too. Shit, even Walmart will do firearm layaways but the selection there is kind of shit.
>>
>>31551241
Oh God yes. All American gun companies are complete garbage, now. They don't need to worry about competition from outside so we get powdered metal m1a's and io ak's.
>>
>>31551249
There has never been a president who couldn't get a vacancy filled on the court with a full term ahead of them. The only reason they are blocking that nigger is because he is a lame duck. When shillary wins, the Senate will fall in line like the cucks they are.
>>
>>31551357
$400 level poorfag
>>
>>31551043
I would not buy cheap milsurp. If I were you, I'd save money until I could buy a good gun. Also, ask yourself what you really want a gun FOR. What purpose will it serve? Will it be for self-defense, hunting (if so, what kind?), competition, etc.?
>>
>>31551482
It's not the flashy answer you want but you should buy 4-5 lowers for $50 each and the rest on as many 30 round mags as you can buy. Look for deals.

The lowers count as the firearm. You can buy a kit or piece meal a rifle together by buying pieces at a time.
>>
>>31551604
>It's not the flashy answer you want but you should buy 4-5 lowers for $50 each

>tfw I fell for the Aero and Mega memes and spent twice that on average

at least my rollmarks aren't fucking ponies or some shit though
>>
>>31551438
You're coming off as a defeatist.

You don't know shes going to win. Just like you don't know the Senate is going to bend over for her.

They could tell her to get fucked for all we know. Just because there was a trend going, doesn't mean the trend will persist.

I don't want it to happen, like you don't. I'm just not reserving my self for defeat quite yet.
>>
>>31551241
At the very least they have forged receivers.
>>
>>31551631
What part of "in the last two-hundred and fifty years your scenario has never happened," don't you understand?
>>
>>31551811
You didn't post a bit of evidence to prove that.

So why should I believe you.
>>
>>31551241
Define better
>Norinco use forged reciever
>still cheaper
>Springfield uses match SS barrels
Question is: do you want an abusable .308 truck gun, or a primo match rifle that costs more than all your other guns.
>>
Buy a lower.

If Hillary wins, sell for greater value under impending ban and get something or build off it.

If Trump wins, keep and make a great beater ar-15 and feed it steel case (steel case 5.56 is about the same price as 7.62x39 right now)
>>
>>31551043
Look in local pawn shops for mosin nagant a under 200 dollars (should be in decent shape) or find an ar-15 for around 530 dollars on cheaperthandirt. you could dig around on gn broker and bid on a gun and hopefully win for cheap
>>
>>31551043
buy ten pmags. if a panic ensues and you aren't able to buy a $2000 sks your hundred dollars worth of mags will be worth $1000 which will still buy you a nice bolt action rifle. classic market hedge. i just bought another $150 worth of mags.

>>31551075
this can't hurt either

>>31551125
there is no downside to having another lower as long as you don't pay panic prices.
>>
File: Yuri Gagarin.jpg (49KB, 530x450px) Image search: [Google]
Yuri Gagarin.jpg
49KB, 530x450px
>>31551125
>he thinks trump is gonna win
look despite what any of us think, the majority of the public actually views him as a racist, which whether or not he is is up for debate, but his popularity isn't great.
>>
>>31551334
didn't help that the time between rumors of 7n6 getting banned and it getting banned was half a week at most. hell, it was less
>>
>>31551985
>but his popularity isn't great.
He's polling within 4 points of Clinton in a week in which he's gotten slammed for calling a woman Ms. Piggy.

Hell, this week might have been the most intense media barrage against a candidate I've seen and it's barely touched his numbers.
>>
>>31551482
Are you adamant on slavshit?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/fr-15-semi-automatic-rifle-2955-detail.html?Itemid=0

Bit more than 400, but you can get it on a 45 day layaway.
>>
>>31551043
Buy a whole bunch of hi cap mags for AR 15s, and then buy a Hi Point rifle for an extra 200 bucks on an auction site

If Trump wins, sell the mags and the gun (or keep the gun, it's fun to shoot and works for home defense as well) and buy the Russkie stuff. If Hillary wins, sell the hi capacity assault child killing clipazines for big bucks, then keep the Hi Point (it was built to survive a Clinton assault weapons ban, it will survive another one)
>>
>>31551043
Home Defense:
-Used Mossy 500
-Used Remmy 870 (get one made before 2004, the 1950's-1970's are usually best)
-New or used Maverick 88 (basically a Mossy 500, but cheaper)
Shotguns (especially pump guns) are highly unlikely to be banned, confiscated, or highly restricted in America - even under the worst conditions. See California, New York, and Maryland.

Personal Defense:
-Any Police Trade-In Glock
-Any Police Trade-In Smith & Wesson 4th Gen Auto
-Any Colt or Smith & Wesson .38 revolver (there's a YouTube vid on how to properly check timing and such - look that up before you go for an old revolver that might've been horribly abused)
-Hi-Point ("Desperate-Tier" but they are reliable)
-Kahr (I've never heard anything bad about their functionality)
-S&W Shield
-Ruger LCP (again, nothing all that bad heard about them)

Hunting/"They Won't Ban THIS!":
-Used Winchester Model 70's, or Remington 700's manufactured before about 2004.
-New Savage Axis rifles ($350'ish)
Get them in Fuddy calibers (.270, .243, .30-'06) for maximum "Won't Confiscate" possibility

"Be Prepared":
-A couple cheap AR-15 lowers
-As many 30-round mags as affordable
Personally, I don't recommend this. Really. If the budget can fit it, get a Hi-Point and a used Mossberg. One long gun, one hand gun. If not, I'd personally go with the shotgun. That and look up how to make improvised slugs from light target loads and such.
>>
>>31552345
Thank you anon
>>
>>31551043
>and I'll be able to get an sks or mosin for dirt cheap

literally no
>>
>>31551961
>there is no downside to having another lower as long as you don't pay panic prices
That's pretty much what I'm saying, but if someone is on a limited budget I wouldn't reccomend getting a box of lowers and thinking you can sell them later.
>>
>>31551043
This is simple math dude. According to your scenario:

>Buy gun now
100% chance of owning a gun

>Wait until after election
50% chance of getting a gun

Buy one now.
>>
Figure this may be a good thread to ask in. A guy in my area is selling a "ghost firearms" upper stripped lower with parts kit and moe stock for 549? Is this a gud deal? Never heard of the company before. Pic related
>>
Buy now. Went to LGS yesterday and he was telling me things are very slow right now, which surprised him. People wait until the last second anyway.

So you probably have 2-4 more weeks max to get your purchases in.
>>
>>31553474
>ghost gun
Literally just buy an AR off anyone.

Completed or not, they can not trace you through private sales unless the guy saves your number in his phone and labels you "guy who baught AR 15" and gives the number to the feds.
>>
>>31551056
But... She'll make uppers illegal too...
>>
>>31553502
No the name of the company is "ghost firearms" it'd the make if the upper. And the roller mark on the lower.
>>
You are already dead. Buy a gun immediately.

http://archive.is/CsMuq

(Russia)
"An emergencies ministry official announced on Friday that the authorities had constructed underground shelters capable of providing refuge for the entire population of Moscow — about 12 million…"

Evac and bunker down date is set to be the 4th of this month.
>>
File: dnc-arkancides.jpg (59KB, 594x336px)
dnc-arkancides.jpg
59KB, 594x336px
Clinton is going to win. After seeing how people she doesn't like all randomly commit suicide by shooting themselves in the back of the head twice, I think that crazy bitch is gonna steal the elections and eventually try to get an AWB like her husband did back in the 90s.
>>
>>31551237
>What should I get before the election? Was thinking of getting a benelli nova or a mini-14. I'd really like a fun lever gun or some kind of bolt gun but no sense getting a fudd gun when there's the potential for a big scare coming up.

CZ Scorpion EVO 3? I don't even know if you can get those there.
>>
>>31551318
>So don't buy anything likely to get banned.

No, that's exactly what you buy.
>>
>>31553954
Today?
>Posted 10/4/16
Why write it like that then?
>>
>>31551043
What the fuck does "relations with Russia being great" (protip: they won't, the Russian government lies even more than the US one) have to do with getting a gun? You don't know the first thing about politics, you autist.
>>
>>31551985
I'm a liberal, and even I think Trump is going to win. The media is full of shit. Their pro-Hilary bullshit might have worked during the primaries, but people see right through it now. The media has an approval rating somewhere in the single digits these days. They can say Clinton this Clinton that until they are blue in the face. The people just don't believe it anymore. If there was ever a serious chance at the Happening, it is this election.
>>
This is a question thats a fucking no brainer.

>should I buy an AR before the election?

Well lets see the worst and best case scenarios.

>worst case scenario, hillary gets in and goes full gun ban mode (obama couldnt do it in 8 years, chances are she wont be able to get very far either).

You either have a grandfathered in 'salt weapon for your enjoyment, OR you can make a 500% profit selling it when the drama flares up.

>best case scenario trump wins, and nothing changes

You still have a salt weapon to enjoy and dick around with.

Its a win/win, why is this even a debate? I just finished building an AR for $650, its not even an expensive ordeal anymore, so youve got no fucking excuse.
>>
>>31555543
>this

>CLITon get elected:
assuming 1984 AWB rules, your gun is grandfathered in and your $600 AR becomes a $2000 AR. That's not even taking into account something like a SCAR, 416, Tavor, etc. which would probably end up going for something like $5k.
Worst case Clinton: no grandfathering, mandatory surrender. Since 4473's are kept with FFL's and aren't handed over to the government, never ever mention that you have it to anyone and enjoy your Anne Frank ASSAULT WEAPUN that lives in your attic for your kids to start the revolution

>Trump win:
Nothing changes. At the very least, we will have 4 years of completely deadlocked government high likelihood of HK's, FN's and other foreign guns being marginally more expensive due to tarriffs he's proposing.

Worst case:
Congress goes blue in retaliation and AWB gets proposed, shot down, but extanded background checks put in place and no-fly list bullshit instituted. Marginally more of a hassle to acquire guns, again, 4473's reside with FFL's and not the government. Just refrain from posting III percenter and MOLON LABIA memes and you shouldn't be on the no-fly list

Just buy your fucking gun. It's like idiots that put off getting their Form 4's in because "the wait time is too long." It's not getting any shorter, retards
>>
>>31555888
>Congress goes blue in retaliation

they wish, too bad they struggle to energize their base in everything but presidential elections
>>
>>31555888
Best post I've seen on here in a long while. Only thing I'd add is Trump supports that no fly no buy bullshit.

Op just build an ar and be done with it. Im amazed the prices haven't already gone up, but if clinton wins in a month, they sure as fuck will. Just buy a freedom or premium rifle kit from PSA (avoid ptac shit) and a lower from Anderson or anywhere else that's cheap, 15/20 mags and 2k rounds of ammo and you'll be set. Eventually things will probably calm down, but if they don't you'll have the main things they try to ban.
>>
>>31555934
state elections are actually easier to mobilize for
voter turnout for state elections is like 5-10%
all Soros has to do is push some schtick to cause a panic about trump in NV, NM, VA, or one of the other swing states for 2017
>>
>>31555966
Sorry famboy you have no idea what you're talking about

Democrats are destroyed at the local level. Utterly destroyed. All the money flows up to the top, they've completely abandoned everything else to the Republicans. The local Dem Parties are broke and receive no support. GOP controls almost all the state houses, most of the state senates, most of the governorships. It's only getting more powerful at the local level
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.