[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outdoor Giant Bass Pro to acquire rival Cabela’s for $5.5 billion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: just.jpg (30KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
30KB, 456x320px
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/33301884/outdoor-giant-bass-pro-to-acquire-rival-cabelas-for-55b
>>
File: 1471282674366.jpg (64KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1471282674366.jpg
64KB, 418x359px
goodbye gun library
>>
>>31550615
Shit. Cabela's was worth more than star wars. Oh well, I already have enough guns and bullets to kill everyone I want.
>>
>>31550615
>mfw I've always wanted to go to Cabela's
>they never opened a store in Florida
>I'll never know what the true Cabela's feel is
>>
This seriously fucking sucks dick. Cabelas brand goods are a noticable notch ahead of Bass Pro.

Not to mention Cabelas actually has good prices. Just compare anything from clothes to guns and Bass Pro has a huge markup compared to cabelas.

>What will happen

Expect a noticeable drop in quality in Cabelas gear and increase in prices
>>
>>31550615
why couldnt they have just gotten rid of shitty ass Gander Mountain
>>
File: Hayek.jpg (84KB, 520x510px) Image search: [Google]
Hayek.jpg
84KB, 520x510px
>>31550881

>Expect a noticeable drop in quality in Cabelas gear and increase in prices

Have faith in the immutable laws of supply and demand.

In the short term, you're right. Less competition equals higher prices; but in time someone else will come along to compete with them.

If Cabela's business model was successful before, then someone else will come along and use the same formula to compete and make profit.
>>
>>31550954
The free market meme only worked when most of the businesses in town were sole proprietors

We started moving past that meme in the 80's with the rise of giant multinational corporations
>>
>>31550615

>shopping at any of those shitty places
>>
Isnt this old news? I remember hearing about this in january.
>>
>>31550985
Where would you shop?
>>
>>31550985
Nigger have you ever been to a Cabelas? They have everything. Mine has guns, knives, bowes, boats, atvs, night vision, clothes, fishing shit, stuffed animals in nature poses, a restaurant, bear traps, tents, jerky, and on and on. You either have no dick or you just don't leave the house. Kys
>>
>>31550854
its aight
>>
> not shopping at sportsman warehouse or mills fleet farm

Still, I would kill to go to cabela's. Surprising that this is the only sportsman warehouse in Iowa, and almost in the Midwest.
>>
I'm fuckin' bummed, Cabelas has better ammo prices and way more metric and 16ga shotgun shells.
>>
>>31550615
slowpoke.jpg

This is months-old news.

>>31550881
>Cabelas brand goods are a noticable notch ahead of Bass Pro.
That speaks poorly for Bass Pro, not well for Cabela's. Cabela's branded goods don't tend to be terribly good quality.
>Not to mention Cabelas actually has good prices.
TOP FUCKING KEK

The only time I visit there is to use my Cabela's Visa points. Everything is terribly marked up there, guns being one of the biggest offenders.

>>31551051
Buy online. Shop wherever. None of the big box store employees care if you finger fuck their guns and buy nothing, then leave and go order it delivered to a local house-run FFL for shipping+$15 fee and no tax, for 75% of the big box store's base price.
>>
>>31553031
Sportsmansfag here. The company is concentrating, over 2017, on the South East. No plans have been confirmed for the Midwest yet.
>>
Good riddance, everything was way over priced anyways.
>>
File: .....jpg (15KB, 620x374px) Image search: [Google]
.....jpg
15KB, 620x374px
>>31551054
>You will never own a Cabelas
>walking around making sure everything in running smoothly
>straightening up the stuffed animal display for the kids
>spending time with the qt girls who take care of the aquarium
>snapping into a deer jerky slim jim
>selling old fudds accessories for their rifles
>making sure the weekly nugget shipement gets there in one piece
>having a company sleepover in the tent section after closing and roasting marshmallows over one of the faux wood fireplaces
>having an employee olympics and beanbag racing through the store while boozed
>no having the lazy river to yourself after closing
>no sunday ATV derbies
>no putt putt competetion in the golf isle
>no fat fuck named jim who bikes to work and always says "heh heh i'm gonna blow on outta here" when he leaves early

why even continue to live
>>
>>31550699
You only have one bullet?
>>
does this mean 100$ free shipping is leaving? and prices that arent always msrp?
>>
File: pepesuicide.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
pepesuicide.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>>31553148
>>
>>31553078
>the deal announced Monday
>article is from October 3rd

Ok
>>
This had been talked about for a while. A Bass Pro was scheduled to be built in SC near a Cabela's but it was put on hold a while back. So a deal isn't surprising.

I don't expect many changes. Cabela's attracts a different set of customers than Bass Pro. Hell, even my aunt takes her kids to Cabela's to "look at the fish" and they end up buying one or two things. So Bass Pro wouldn't want to fuck with that.

Mostly, this gives Bass Pro additional markets without having to build additional stores. It'll be like Carl Jr's and Hardees.
>>
Bass Pro is to Walmart as Cabelas is to Target.
>>
>>31553148
You just described the hunting manager at the Cabelas I work at
>>
File: 1459787829366.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1459787829366.gif
140KB, 379x440px
One small upside.

Under bass pro management they may decide to reduce or change some of the inventory Cabela's sells. Anything particularly fun or useful but doesn't turn a big profit, generally. Even things you consider to be part of the stores indentity could be removed

At that time some of those items may go on sale or clearance. If your local store has trouble moving the product at the reduced price, they may sell it at a significant discount or loss.

Look for future deals, my friends.

You will be taking in Cabela's dying breath at that time.
>>
>>31553148

sounds comfy
>>
>>31553169
keked
>>
File: 1463783592319.jpg (354KB, 640x843px) Image search: [Google]
1463783592319.jpg
354KB, 640x843px
>>31553148
>>
Top ten saddest anime deaths
>>
>never been to Cabela's
>just noticed a new one near me last weekend
guess i'll check it out
>>
I'm a former Cabela’s employee if you guys want to ask me shit. I didn't work in guns but I sometimes had friendly regular customers that requested I go and help them pick out guns. I also frequent Gander Mountain and used to be a regular customer at Sportsman's Warehouse before they closed in my city. I have been thinking about getting my old job back.

Most of the stuff there is overpriced, but occasionally you find a good deal and sometimes gun library guns get misidentified and you can get awesome prices. I've only been to two Bass Pro shops, one was one of their larger main locations, and it seems like they have far fewer modern tactical type guns. There was almost no ar15 stuff in one location and just barely any in the other. This may have changed due to the giant increase in demand for ar15s though. Cabela’s has a good amount of that type of gun stuff, although most were cheap ar15s, some were higher end brands. There's barely shit for slav guns though. Bass Pro probably has even less.
>>
Having both in my city, I'm not sure how Cabela's lost.
>>
>>31553857

Which one is the worst at forcing credit card quotas?
>>
>>31553905
Easily Cabela’s. I hated that shit. The store manager got on my ass about not getting any and I'm pretty sure I would have gotten fired if I didn't get lucky and sign two guys up shortly after. I can sort of tell some workers were afraid of that because they always ask me about it even though I used to work with them and they know all about me already. I hated that shit. They keep a record of how many people you get, but they never tell you "ok Anon, you need to sign up at least three people every week." You just have to get some once in a while.
>>
File: IMG_0745.jpg (14KB, 217x159px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0745.jpg
14KB, 217x159px
>>31550881
>>
>>31553148
You just described the basspro I work at but with a lot more gay bullshit
>>
>>31553943
*gay sex
>>
As a MN resident this is what I think of Cabelas

>ammo far too expensive
>"sale" price of Wolf or comparable ammo is the normal selling price listed by online vendors
>DPMS is treated as a top shelf brand
>aside from DPMS, Bushmaster, S&W, and a few other random small time brands, they don't carrier decent ARs
>they barely stock AKs
>the "gun library" is filled with the exact same cheap bullshit you'd see in a pawn shop
>rack after rack of bubba'd fudd guns
>10/22s inn bubba'd stocks selling for $300
>$200 Mosins
>tons over over under shotguns
>anything with any engraving on it gets featured in the "gun library"
>not a single employee there can tell you anything about a given firearm

Why the fuck does anyone like Cabelas? This is like Walmart announcing that they're buying K-mart.
>>
>>31553930
Gay sexless anon from >>31553943
I'm glad my location "stresses"you shill credit cards but doesn't get up your ass for them. Generally I only suggest them when a customer can get a triple digit savings (and a hit to their credit score) so pretty much only guys purchasing over under shotguns. Most gun customers already have them since they aren't bad credit cards if you're a fudd.

The thing I hate is our retarded 2 year "super dooper 1 time warranty" on scopes which makes me always subconsciously tank scope/binocular purchases. If you intend to break your rifle scope with a hammer at 1 year 11 months for a new one it's a good option. Most people aren't that chincey and know about Bushnell/Leopold/Nikon's warranty already.
>>
>getting this upset over a store that charges nearly 40cpr(BEFORE our 8% sale tax too) for bulk Federal 115gr 9mm ammo
Yeah naw, first and last time I went to that price gouging store after I saw how badly all of their ammo was priced.
>>
>>31550615
u from Chattanooga OP? sick
>>
>>31550954
>muh free market
Has proven time and time again that monopolizing only fucks over the consumers with shittier products and worse pricing.
>>
>>31553148

jdimsa
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.