[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 62

File: 150908 586 6 inch Left-1000x800.jpg (87KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
150908 586 6 inch Left-1000x800.jpg
87KB, 1000x667px
Old thread died and I had something for y'all. Long story short, I got a bonus at work and I've got $700 (maybe 800 we'll see) to spend on a new gun.

I was gonna get a S&W 586 with a 6 in barrel, but figured since election season was right around the corner itd be a good idea to grab another AR and magazines or something else that is gonna become unobtanium for the next few months. I was looking at the MP15 sport II, but wanted input on anything up to $800 as well.

As a side note: I'm moving in the next few days so I want to avoid ordering online or building (already built before anyway).
>>
>>31544672

I would get the AR if I were you.

Can I have a single shot 12 gauge with an 18 inch barrel but an overall length less than 26 inches?

What if it came from the factory this way?
>>
>>31544779
Any particaly recommendations?

Also, you talking about 18 inch with a pistol grip? Mossberg sells their "persuader" which is considered a pistol I believe, so go for it?
>>
File: 20161002_114030.jpg (1MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20161002_114030.jpg
1MB, 2656x1494px
Is this a factory coloring for the 10/22, or something someone did on their own?

I picked it up for $20 at a gun show, guy selling it tried to tell me it was a special edition factory color.
>>
>>31544779
Pretty much hard no on the less than 26 inches bit. I wanna say there are a few specifically exempted shotguns from way back in the day, but don't recall what they are. You can do less than 18" and a "arm brace" like that Black Aces DT thing.
>>
>>31545228
There have been so many special edition 10/22s that I would believe it, but I've never seen a factory stock that color.
>>
Why shouldn't I crossdraw iwb?
It seems like the most comfortable and eat to reach while sitting
>>
>>31545584
>sitting
thats the point of a cross draw
>>
I need to touch up some of the paint wear spots on my refurb SKS. Will BBQ paint work since my SKS has the 'BBQ' finish?
>>
>>31545723
/t'
This cycle panic stuff that wasn't big last time in retrospect we thought was dumb is still on the table.
Over reaching for things you want has a history of being grandfathered. If it's as bad as everyone thinks, all of that goes away instantly kind of grab is so far off people are talking generations away. You could see 3 generations at the least even if you don't have any offspring of your own. It makes sense people want to limit stuff since it seems like there is a pinnacle of effectiveness, but I'm not trying to shit on polymer framed double stack 9x19mm fags and want my own AR.
>>
>>31545584
Crossdraw is fine if you like it. The folks who take what works best in IDPA\ IPSC\ 3 gun and claim that it's an absolute rule are autistic as fuck. I typed out some shit on the pros\cons, but try everything, pick what you like, and then train. You'll be fine.
>>
>>31545584
You want a self preservation answer or a lawyer answer?
>>
If I mount a removable wire stock to a handgun does it become an SBR?

[spoiler]I love my pupper[/spoiler]
>>
New here, let's say you're camping and in a worst case scenario you bear spray a bear but that doesn't deter it from attacking you. Could a revolver(or what kind of revolver could) kill a bear? Let's say an average black bear?
>>
File: cock_your_glock.jpg (197KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
cock_your_glock.jpg
197KB, 720x960px
>>31546050
yes

And no the ATF will never find out and even if you walked into your local ATF field office and showed them they would tell you to not do that and go away. The only instances of anyone in the entire history of the NFA getting charged with having an illegal sbr is when it was an tacked on charge to a shitload of other serious felonies.

It's just unenforceable.
>>
>>31544672
>not looking for a prelock 586
triggers are the godly
>>
>>31546186
Any caliber can kill a bear if you shoot it enough and wait patiently for it to bleed out.
High power .44 mag and above stand a good chance of staggering a black bear in that it knows it's been hit with something painful and might want to reconsider eating you.

Honestly black bears aren't a massive danger unless you go near a momma and her cubs, or start running away on a bluff charge.

If you're in grizzly country bring a rifle.
>>
>>31544672
Hey, I'm looking for advice. Can someone help me?

Is anybody here?

Helloo?
>>
>>31545584
The downside to a crossdraw is that if you assume you are drawing while defending yourself from physical assault (ala Zimmerman), then by putting the arm across your body it can become pinned by an attacker with the gun still holstered.

Secondary is that it takes longer to U holster and have the gun point forward compared to a normal draw, where the gun can be rotated to make point blank shots as soon as it leaves the holster. Again, the time difference is measured in fractions of a second, but at close range self defense type ranges, it can make a difference.

Having actually practiced with a sparring partner and rubber gun, I can say I've never been able to successfully crossdraw and get the gun on target without getting tackled. I have much higher success rates with a standard draw.
>>
>>31546348
Oh trust me I am. A 586-4 to be specific, but I figure I can just keep saving up while I look for one with a 6 in barrel (its gonna be a range queen). Everything I want without the shitty lock.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 269x187px
Is there a gun like pic related with a safety?
>>
>>31544672
I need a cheap bolt action rifle. I've been looking at a 30-06 S&W i bolt. Is it any good?
>>
File: towel.png (111KB, 417x234px) Image search: [Google]
towel.png
111KB, 417x234px
>Talking to friend
>Mentions another guy we know who likes guns
>Mentions he has a dark past involving guns
>Is in the military

Fugg its not pretty /k/ related but youre the only people I know, isnt it an unspoken rule for me to not ask about this stuff?
>>
>>31547678
the 6'' barrel with that full underlug is so damn pretty and shootable. 38spc is nothing and full mag rounds are louder than anything
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 344x147px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 344x147px
>>31547710
>>
I have a sling that was for my Mossberg 500, sold the shotgun, now want to convert the sling to QD. Is there an easy way to do it?
>>
>>31548241
Buy QD swivels and put them in the sling.
>>
What's the best way to remove cosmoline from a stock? I'm trying a hair dryer tonight. Mineral spirits took care of the metal parts but I'll be fucked if I'm ruining the finish.
>>
>>31548208
I know my loins tingle every time I think about it. My first thought was to go,for one ASAP but with November around the corner... Figure itd be a smart investment to grab another AR.
>>
I'm in the market for an entry level .308, I can choose between
Ruger American $389
Ruger American Predator (shorter threaded barrel and rail on top, OD green) $409
and a Howa 1500 lightning $389
Im guessing the howa will be a little more accurate, anyone have experience with either?
>>
>>31544672
Would you modify your handgun into a carbine by high prophetically replacing the barrel with literally a long16 inch barrel coming out the frame.

And maybe a foregrip attachment, the proper legal paperwork?
>>
Can I use an NFA trust for buying a full auto?
>>
A Yugo SKS has come up on arsmslist, should I get it or wait for a Russian? I don't want a Chinese one. It's in good shape, but it doesn't have the chromed barrel, and I like the Russian stock more.
>>
Where'a a reputable place to buy threaded barrels for a Glock 19 &a Ruger LC9?
>>
>>31549049
I love my Yugo. Not worth the price increase desu. Plus you get that sweet grenade launcher and sight
>>
If I can afford a Glock 40 is there any reason to get a Glock 20 instead?
>>
Looking to get one last gun before election/ inauguration

Have
AR
Vepr in 7.62x39
M1 garand

What should I get? Leaning towards getting a PS90, Krinkov, PTR or FAL
>>
Would tech sights fit in a 10/22 with a manlicher stock?
>>
File: 1475304227202.jpg (54KB, 400x688px) Image search: [Google]
1475304227202.jpg
54KB, 400x688px
So I want to pick up a cheap shotgun before the election just in case prices go to shit and shit starts flying off the shelves. I've got enough for a Stevens 320, but I heard those had problems before with the slide breaking from shitty weld. Haven't seen anything more recent than like 3 years ago about that though. Is it worth a shot, or should I save up a bit more for a Maverick 88? I've tried looking for a used Mossberg 500 or 870, but everyone around me is jewy as fuck and isn't selling any of those for like below 300.
>>
>>31550057
pump shotguns wont spike in price
below 300 isnt a horrible price on an 870/500 its not a good price a good price would be under 200 but its still cheaper than new
>>
>>31544672

Any recommendations on decent, but cheap soft body armor? I'll admit I have almost no use for it, but kinda want a vest just to have one, therefore I don't wanna spend a ton

Preferably any that could fit under a pearlsnap/flannel and not be too obvious. I'm tall and lanky so I've got some extra room under a button down shirt to spare
>>
Just found out I'll be promoting to sergeant.
I've decided to get a gun to celebrate becoming what I hate most.
What gun should I get?
>>
>>31550122
Well, yeah but the problem is most of the 500s/870s I'm seeing aren't near that price. They're all like $350+. There's one at like 250, but it's a slug 500 with a rifled barrel and the guy is like 3 hours away from me.
>>
>>31544672
i'm a gun noob but i bought ammo from walmart for my old 20 gauge remington 870 because this faggot followed me back to my house and said he's going to fuck me up. i bought bird shot not buck shot cuz the buck shot was locked away. is bird shot good enough to kill someone or should i go back and get some buck shot instead?
>>
>>31550195
A Lorcin so it can be the gun you hate most.
>>
>>31550251
Go back and get buckshot, whilst birdshot is adequate for home defense I would recommend buckshot if your semi-worried about over penetrating, and if your not go for a slug
>>
>>31550195
Well, is there a gun you thought was just really cool as a kid? A gun you associate with an important family member like an uncle's .22 1903 trainer that you learned to shoot with, or a shotgun your granpappy used on those rabbit hunts where you'd run around trying to keep up with the dogs before being trusted with a gun of your own? Is there a new type of shooting you'd like to get into that could justify a new gun? Long range precision? IDPA? 3-gun? Skeet shooting?

Doesn't matter faggot get a G19 and\or a PSA rifle kit.
>>
>>31550251
Go get buckshot.
>>
>>31550251
get buck or get fucked
>>
>>31550283
>whilst birdshot is adequate for home defense
no
>>
>>31550421
>>31550378
>>31550283
i really dont feel like driving all the way back, can you guys just tell me 20 gauge bird shot's good enough? i'd probably be pretty close to him anyways
>>
>>31550489
dump out the shot and replace it with bigger metal projectiles like nuts or something
of course this is more effort than just going to a store
>>
>>31549054
For the Glock it's easy. I know some folk that swear by Lone Wolf. From other guns I've bought barrels for I'd say Bar-Sto makes an awesome barrel at a reasonable price.

I don't know of an off the shelf LC9 barrel but Gemtech or Bar-Sto may be able to hook you up. Contact them.
>>
>>31548224
Hot head
>>
>>31550560
ok, well which of these two then? one's a slug and one's buckshot
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/federal-premium-power-shok-f203rs-gauge-1600-fps-lead-rifle-slug-rdbx-p-73931.html
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/federal-personal-defense-shotshells-pd2564b-gauge-pellets-1100-fps-buckshot-rdbx-p-118327.html

is that price point correct or is it too expensive? i'd probably buy 50 rounds. the slugs are considerably cheaper
>>
>>31550623
slugs are only good if you can aim
considering you bought birdshot expecting it to kill someone you have minimal experience with guns and cant aim
>>
What is the stealthiest most operator weapon for my completely not-rip-off-of-Sam-Fisher character?
>>
>>31550676
actually i used to dove hunt with my dad and his friends and i had killer aim. they always talked about how crazy my aim and speed was. but i'm going to buy the buck shot because if he breaks in it'd be at night and dark and i'd be shaking from the adrenaline and my aim would be bad probably
>>
What's a good kydex Iwb holster for the Glock 19? I've tried Fobus and Alien Gear, but they both kinda suck desu.
>>
>>31550722
good for you
the bulk packs with its like 10/25 rounds are cheaper than the 5 round boxes
>>
>>31550701
ruger mark ii with integral suppression

oss spies and the mob were fans of those a few decades ago
>>
File: 1472603439971.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1472603439971.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>31550676
Yeah, I forgot that buckshot magically fucking curves in the air towards your target when you aim in their general direction.
>>
>>31550195

Hipoint C9

since job has taken your price, gun should take your pride as well
>>
>>31550489

depends on how many times you're going to shoot him, and from how far away
>>
>>31550251
>>31550283
>>31550378
>>31550421
>>31550489
>>31550676
Buckshot is ideal. However at say, across your living room range, birdshot is still going to seriously fuck some one up. The dudes not going to just go 'LOL! YOU SHOULDA BOUGHT BUCKSHOT FAGGOT!' and shrug it off. If hes still coming at you, shoot his ass again. Idc what those faggots say, you shoot some one 2-3 times across your living room even with birdshot they're probably gonna die, or at the very least stop trying to hurt you
>>
>>31551038
Also, next time don't be such an autist and ask the store clerk for help and make them unlock the case. There is always some one there with a key, and it's there job to sell you the locked up shit
>>
>>31550884
I'm thinking more SBR than pistol.
>>
File: redhawk-44mag.jpg (16KB, 475x201px) Image search: [Google]
redhawk-44mag.jpg
16KB, 475x201px
I live in Florida and want to get into handgun hunting. I have a Ruger Redhawk in .44mag. Will .44 be good enough for hogs or should i look into buying something like .454 casull?

also, suggestions on what to use for ammo?
>>
>>31551110
Heavy grain hot hardcasts and you should do just fine. Maybe look in to a scope, but irons will do fine too of you're a good shot. Shot placement is always king
>>
>>31551038
Why do you have to post dumb shit? Yes it would suck to be shot by anything, but if you are not shooting a round with the potential to penetrate to vital structures in the body (and preferably through them), you're a retard. You may not get to shoot someone 2-3 times before they are able to do irreparable harm to you or someone else. You should plan for the worst case scenario, because if you have to shoot somebody, it's already not your day.
>>
>>31551038
dick cheney tho

Tbh I agree that less than ideal loadings will work in a pinch, but there is not a good reason to use birdshot over buckshot when it is easy to go buy the proper stuff. In close quarters, you are still going to have to aim as the shot will not disperse much.

Shot in general is killer when you can pattern multiple projectiles onto the target. Hoping to use a wide spread as compensation for poor aim is likely to lead to less-than-ideal results.

I'd say buckshot or slugs are the way to go. If you really are in fear of your life, gear up appropriately or just avoid a conflict.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/shotgun.htm
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>31551108
I am not sure what is more secret agent operator than a dude offing opfor agents with a little .22 suppressed handgat.

Otherwise ar-15s do break down and an sbr will super easily fit in a racquet-sized inconspicuous bag.
>>
Alright /k/, this is kind of embarrassing but I might as well ask. How the fuck do ranges work? What's the etiquette and what do I do?

I recently moved to a city (Edm. Canada if that makes any difference). I used to just shoot at a rural range where there was literally no supervision and I was the only person there most of the time, owing to my days off being Monday and Tuesday, so everyone else was at work. As such I could just walk around wherever the fuck I wanted and do anything lel. I assume that is very much not the case at a "real" range though.

tl;dr have to go to real range now wat do
>>
>>31544672
I turned 21 and need CC pistol. im in FL and would prefer something that can fit around shorts and packs a decent punch
>>
>>31551333
I'm thinking more hiding in the shadows rather than hiding in plain sight.

I.E. infiltrating a combat zone and assuming that you will need 30-rounds in the magazine to take out enemy soldiers.
>>
I have a question.

Where the fuck do I find a full auto sear for an FN FNC? I already have a trust, I just never see them on any auction sites.
>>
>>31551336
indoor or outdoor?

Ask the rules, they will usually ask if you have been there before to figure out if they need to inform you about any site-specific rules. Pay attention if they only want single uncased firearms at the bench. If outdoors, they will have a SOP for when the range is hot/cold you need to pay attention to.

Most indoor and some outdoor ranges will ask to see your ammo. Mostly they are seeing if you have steel case/steel core ammo--particularly if rifle. Steel core rifle ammo may be turned away because it can ruin backstops. Steel case ammo may be turned away because it isn't easily reloaded or may be a fire hazard according to their insurance.

Not much to it besides listen for anything they tell you not to do and stay safe.
>>
Do I NEED to bleed the cosmo out of the stock of my SKS? I blasted it with a hair dryer and wiped the easy stuff off, but it still has a delicious cosmo aroma and it still gets a bit sweaty when shooting.

It's not a problem, right?
>>
>>31551516
>indoor or outdoor?

My understanding is that the range I was intending to go to is a mixture of various indoor and outdoor ranges (eg. one designated for pistols, one for shotguns, etc) on a few hundred acres of land. The other options within driving distance are exclusively indoor though.

>Pay attention if they only want single uncased firearms at the bench. If outdoors, they will have a SOP for when the range is hot/cold you need to pay attention to.
>Most indoor and some outdoor ranges will ask to see your ammo. Mostly they are seeing if you have steel case/steel core ammo--particularly if rifle. Steel core rifle ammo may be turned away because it can ruin backstops. Steel case ammo may be turned away because it isn't easily reloaded or may be a fire hazard according to their insurance.

Thanks a lot anon, this gave me a better idea of what to expect. Guess I'll just call ahead and see about the ammo. Much appreciated.
>>
File: tinker-tailor-jim[1].jpg (587KB, 2000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
tinker-tailor-jim[1].jpg
587KB, 2000x1328px
>>31551399
One dude is likely dead if he starts a gunfight in a combat zone near likely guarded key assets (which I assume is related to his goals otherwise what is the point).

More believable it will be somewhere in between hiding in the shadows and in plain sight. Gear up somewhat like opfor, prepared to blend in, but keep all eyes off when sensitive.
>>
>>31551413
Not seeing any out there at the usual suspects, but there is an FNC folder with sear on subguns.com. If you don't want to buy a spare rifle, you may just want to reach out to a couple dealers and see if something shakes loose.
>>
>>31551902
Thanks, hadn't run across subguns. I already have the rifle, I just need the sear. I'll just keep looking
>>
>>31551972
I'll keep poking around, don't mind looking at NFA shit ever.
>>
>>31549031
Not to firm on the details but I assume it would be a bit different. not for pre-86s, but for the fund being a manufacturer or trader.
>>
>>31548190
yeah, he can bring it up but you shouldn't.

>>31548463
put it in a garbage bag with paper towels and leave it on your car dashboard.

>>31550560
make sure what you replace the birdshot with weighs the same as the shot it's replacing

>>31550676
you don't get much spread at indoor ranges.

>>31551531
not if you don't mind it getting other things greasy

>>31551972
last one on gunbroker went for $12k, you'd do better buying that one and selling your unconverted fnc. you may be able to hustle up a better price on a sear if you're good at scrounging though.
>>
>>31551225

double-barrel - one buckshot, one slug
>>
>>31551972
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/393-wts-fncs-with-sh-sear-and-unstall-fnc-sear/
Wants 12g for the sear
>>
File: IMG_0160.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0160.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
If I SBR my Walther MP5 .22 like pic related, will standard velocity ammo have enough pressure from the shortened barrel to cycle the bolt, or will I have to use Stingers for the rest of time?
If the standard velocity cartridges can do the job, great! If I must switch completely to Stingers, I'm going to keep the long barrel. I'd rather have a long semiauto than a short pump action.
>>
>>31552391
i'd be a little surprised if he wouldn't take 10k
>>
>>31552482
If standard velocity does not work, trim the return spring by a coil. Direct blowback isn't too hard to tune.
>>
>>31552484
Yeah, it's been listed since January, but NFA world is full of "I KNOW WHAT I HAVE AND YOU CAN'T GET THIS AT THE CORNER STORE" types. Worth the ask.
>>
/k/ I have exactly $500. I need a shotgun and a .22LR rifle. pls help.
>>
>>31552482
If you have to ask this question, and youre worried if you can run bulk ammo or not, then you're not going to sbr your replica 22.
>>
>>31552551
Done
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_958/products_id/88305/Chiappa+Firearms+500097+Double+Badger+OverUnder+22LR.410
With 200 to spare.
>>
I'm 18 and want to buy an SBR and was going to Form 1 a pistol but I can't find any for sale.

I found an SBR online and the guy said he could Form 3 it to an FFL. Would it be legal to then Form 4 it since I'm 18?
>>
File: 1470953158393.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1470953158393.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>31552701

While that is a neat little rifle, I should've specified a 12 gauge shotgun.
>>
>>31552730
You can form 4 it from anyone except an FFL. Fucked up rule, but 18 for a form 1 SBR, 18 for a form 4 from an individual or trust, 21 for a Form 4 from an FFL.

So unless you trust some guy in your state who has the SBR you want to hold your money until you have a stamp (and that guy's willing to deal with it), you're stuck building.

It's also tough at 18 to convince someone that they're allowed to sell you a pistol. Can you buy a rifle version, then form 1 it?
>>
Another SKS question

I took mine apart and now I can not for the fucking life of me get the trigger group back in. What the fuck kind of sadist designed this. Is there a trick?
>>
>>31552820
Ah, my bad, that's a little tougher, I don't think annybody makes a 12ga/ .22 combo any more.
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/rossi-matched-pair-rifleshotgun-barrel-combo-s121280rbs-22lr12-gauge-2328-barrels-black-syn-stock-p-107812.html
Still $200 saved, but you'll need to swap barrels.
>>
Guys, I'm a retarded newfag Canadian.

SKS or VZ-58 and why? I currently have a 10-22 and I just want a cool gun to shoot stuff with that's not a fucking 22.
>>
>>31546186
A big black bear is 450, they can absolutely be killed with any magnum pistol. Guys used to shoot them treed with 30-30's and 45's but that's a bit of a different situation.
>>
>>31552838
I'm just gonna get my dad to buy it as a gift for me if I go through a dealer. I don't want to have to deal with buying a new barrel.
Thanks for the reply my dude

If anyone knows where to get a POF-5 I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>31552515
Thanks.
>>31552677
I bet you're a barrel of laughs.
>>
File: 50bmg necked down to 22.jpg (55KB, 242x283px) Image search: [Google]
50bmg necked down to 22.jpg
55KB, 242x283px
So I know they make necked down cartridges where they have a wider casing firing a smaller bullet, but have they ever made a necked up cartridge? Where the bullet is wider than the rest of the bullet?
>>
What are decent mid-range optics for an AR?
>>
>>31553051
Atlantic firearms has them
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-pistols/pof-5kx-9mm-pistol-package-detail.html?Itemid=0

Or whoever the fuck these guys are
https://agsarmament.com/pof-pof-5kx-pistol-9mm

And no problem, I'm all laid up and insomniac for a while, so killing some time.
>>
>>31553163
That sounds like it would be kinda retarded. It wouldn't serve any purpose except making a bullet go slower, which can already be achieved by reducing the powder load in the casing.
>>
>>31546237
Sounds like something a rookie ATF agent would tell a gun owner so they get a chance at their first pupper kill
>>
>>31553163
Yes.
>>
>>31553202
Thanks famalam but I'm looking for the full sized pistol, not the K variant.
>>
File: SerbiaStronk.jpg (1MB, 1414x1400px) Image search: [Google]
SerbiaStronk.jpg
1MB, 1414x1400px
Hey guys, this Slavic piece of garbage Tokarev is shooting a couple inches high even at 7 yards. How do I fix that? Will shaving off a bit of the front sight do the trick?

>dog bless
>>
>>31553219
In the history of firearms a lot of retarded stuff has been tried. I figure some asshat working around a regulation or some poor fuck bought a new barrel but not a new chamber or somebody got bored.
>>
I dunno if it's worth it's own thread or not but what does everyone think about the cabela's buy out by bass pro? Even before the buy out bass pro and a cabela's were very similar. Only thing I worry about is if bass pro will cheap out cabela's clothing line. Cabela's has some great gear at good prices if you know what you are looking at.

Both are shitty for gun prices unless you catch a sale. Bass pro tends to be better priced with ammo the few times I checked them out
>>
>>31553289
If it's shooting high, you would need a taller front sight. Don't know Toks well enough to know if that's normal, but it may be that it's zeroed at some ridiculous distance and that is normal.
>>
>>31553394
Ah, that makes sense m8. Ty.
>>
>>31553350

Fuck, I thought it was the other way around. That's depressing.

Cabela's is better for everything except guns
>>
>>31553350
They're pretty much the same store, just hope Cabela's keeps the gun library of obscenely overpriced shit to look at.
Covered here:
>>31547752
>>31550615
>>
>>31553289
They, like a lot of military pistols are zeroed at 50yds. Confirm you zero at 50, mine shoots totally flat to 50 thought so you're probably just fucking up your sight picture.
>>
How often do boresnakes need to be cleaned and how do you go about doing so? I'm tempted to throw it into the wash but I don't want lead getting all over my shit.
>>
>>31545228
looks like vomit
burn the demon fibers
>>
>>31550916
This makes sense so I think I'll do that
>>
File: 1460086729380.jpg (235KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1460086729380.jpg
235KB, 960x640px
Retard here who's never owned a gun (or even fired one for that matter). Is there a retards-guides-to-guns book or something along those lines? It's something I've wanted to get into for a while, but I come from an extremely liberal area so I can't ask friends/family for help.
>>
>>31553548
nvm it took me 2 seconds to see the sticky on the front page. Thanks for the help /k/!
>>
Anyone running a deal on pmags right now?
>>
File: set[1].jpg (17KB, 364x129px) Image search: [Google]
set[1].jpg
17KB, 364x129px
Are the headspace guages sold by uofmdaddy78 on ebay ("Mosin Headspace Gauges" on facebook) reliable?

Or am I better off buying from Okie Gauges?
>>
File: IMG_20161003_232142_879.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161003_232142_879.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
anyone know what this scope might be worth?
>>
which gun is the best for gunslinging?
>>
>>31552856
Push harder
>>
>>31551223
>preferably through them
Says the retard who thinks a passthrough is better. Energy spent outside a body is energy wasted. You hit them with the first shot, even if its birdshot, they are probably going to stoo, if not make them think about what they are doing for a second allowing you to pop them again
>>
>>31553593
500 usd + if thats a HK91 scope with Rail mount
>>
File: H004-large.jpg (273KB, 2460x683px) Image search: [Google]
H004-large.jpg
273KB, 2460x683px
So I was wandering around my LGS today, and while waiting on the background check, I noticed one of these on the shelf for around 350$ IIRC. is that a good deal? I see them on gunbroker usually going for 450$ or more. Cowboy bullshit aside, I've never had a lever gun before, and call me a posh cunt, but I think the gold/brass would look nice in my cabinet.
>>
>>31553593
Oh shit, it's variable zoom. More than that. I'm not terribly sure.
>>
>>31552856

Engage Safety, insert front end properly, then a nice smack into the spring retainer works. the safety must be on iirc, but google it.
>>
File: SLR106CR.jpg (967KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
SLR106CR.jpg
967KB, 1200x799px
So I'm considering getting an Arsenal SLR-106. I just can't decide if I want an -FR (AK-101 clone) or a -CR (AK-102 clone with a barrel extension).
Is it worth it to get a -CR to then SBR? I've never dealt with SBR's before and have no idea what sort of hassle I might be in for.

For what it's worth, I intend to use the gun as a sort of all-round rifle. Home defense, range toy, SHTF, possibly a truck gun down the road, etc.
>>
>>31554080
>Energy spent outside a body is energy wasted.
LOLENERGYTRANSFER get a load of this faggot
1. I said through vital structures.

2.No, it's energy spent going through a body. 2 holes is always better than one and if you don't have the potential to overpenetrate in an ideal shot, you're looking at underpenetration in a less than ideal shot. Take a direct thoracic shot. Your ideal would penetrate to the heart\ lungs and come to rest at the back ribs, Ideally, I would like the bullet to take a vertebra with it on the way into a wall or some shit. When you start shooting through shoulders because fights involve movement, you may understand why you're a dumbass.

What fucking good do you think a lump of metal is doing sitting inside some motherfucker after it didn't create a bigger wound is it sapping his chi after expending all it's own energy?I don't give a shit what nutnfaggot or whatever other sheepdog meme spouting mongoloid with a youtube channel told you the FBI said.

The FBI has to worry about getting sued if one of like 15,000 agents fucks up and shoots some unlucky motherfucker through some dumb motherfucker, so they try to limit overpenetration. I'm only worried about one motherfucker not getting shot, and it'd be a neat trick to catch a passthrough.

In short, fuck off and if you have to shoot somebody, use a round that will penetrate to, or preferably through vital structures.
>>
>>31544672
Are Rohm revolvers any good? (I know they are in saturday night special territory, but poorfaggotry is real)

t.not ameri/k/an
>>
File: 1473451826016.jpg (99KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473451826016.jpg
99KB, 600x600px
What's the advantage of the SCAR 16 over a regular AR?
And are AR lowers compatible with it?
>>
File: 20161004_075957.png (1MB, 1320x1256px) Image search: [Google]
20161004_075957.png
1MB, 1320x1256px
Absolute crap shoot, but can anyone identify the caliber/manufacturer of this rifle? Was using it for targets about 800m down range.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 350x200px
>>31550443
>B-but birdshot ISNT an over-penetrative round
>surely it can't ACTUALLY hurt someone right guys
>the memes that I read on 4chan have to be true, right?
>le ebin meme magic!

People like you deserve to be raped. From within 10 yards, birdshot can absolutely kill a man. Shoot yourself in the leg with a round of it if you don't believe me. Pic fucking related, it's a leg that wound up being completely severed by birdshot.
>>
>>31551223
You seem to severely overestimate the average criminal. People like the one birdshotbro are worried about want nothing more than to grind your face into the dirt without you fighting back. The moment you do fight back, they have to reconsider whether what they're doing is worth the trouble. The moment you shoot at them, you REALLY stop looking like such an appetizing target. For fucks sake, we are likely talking about some two-bit shitbag from a trailer park, not an angry gorilla that thinks you fucked its she-beast with your superior homo-Sapien cock. If it's indoors, birdshot is fine, and anyone who says otherwise can shoot themselves with it and get back to me on how it turned out.
>>
>>31553680
Whatever gets your rocks off
>>
>>31555274
I know you've been working hard for this, and I'm proud of. I'm happy to announce you are literally the dumbest motherfucker barely edging out johnnyIsuckshit, you don't need to keep working for the title, you've earned it, you can stop posting.
>>
>>31555242
No one's saying it can't hurt someone you sperg or even that it might not kill someone eventually
That's a contact wound by 10 yards the shot has separated from the cup and won't penetrate more than 2 or 3 inches in gelatin, at 10 feet you'll get maybe 6 inches in gelatin. Humans are not gelatin, at either of those ranges a sternum will stop nearly all the pellets any hits on vital organs come down to luck. Birdshot is great for causing large superficial wounds but that doesn't count for shit in terms of stopping a fight right now, which is what you want to happen when you find it necessary to shoot someone.

Don't use fucking birdshot on things that aren't birds.
>>
>>31555242
Fuck, you'll also notice that the majority of pellets don't even penetrate a leg at contact distance. How are you this fucking dumb.
>>
>>31549049

If you're buy a SKS because you're poor, then get the Yugo. If you're buying it because you like the SKS, then wait for a Russian.
>>
>>31553680
Wild West Rootytoot Shootan, Cimmaron Evil Roy

"Modern Day Gunslinging because SHEEEEEPDAAAAAWWWG": Glock 19
>>
What are the cheapest options as far as gear goes if i want to look like a stalker, cheapo gas masks are easy to find but what do i need as far as the entire outfit goes?
>>
>>31555141
>advantage
Loaded answer, but none you'll notice over most ARs. Advantage is pretty much long term reliability and if you prefer the ergos. Is slightly more accurate than budget tier AR, I guess.

No on the lower.
>>
>>31554290
From the reviews I've read they are worse than taurus tier. You get what you pay for man
>>
File: IMG_20161004_061909.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161004_061909.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hi /k/, got babby's first milsurp rifle. How should I go about some cosmoline removal on an Finnish M39 mosin? The Cosmo isn't caked on but it is definitely there. I watched iraqvets takedown vid. I was planning on using some of pic related as I don't have Murphy's oil soap or simple green.

Will it work ok with some old toothbrushes and rags?
>>
File: 20161003_204130.png (2MB, 1440x856px) Image search: [Google]
20161003_204130.png
2MB, 1440x856px
Paid 500 for it. Did i do good?
>>
>>31555357
Still, no one ever said birdshot was a better choice than buckshot/slugs you fucking mongoloid. Merely that if you had to shoot some one with it, it would probably still stop the threat of some one coming at you in your house, which it most certainly would. Lets see you take a hit from a shotgun and keep on trucking, you're probably going to lose the will to fight after a collum of shot blows your arm off or takes a chunk out of your skull
>>
>>31553289
Shave your rear sights nerd
>>
>>31555996
Get a bin. Fill bin with mineral spirits. Take down rifle. Put metal parts in bin to soak. Put stock on top of newspaper in car. Cover with black trash bags. After a while remove metal parts, run a bore brush and patches through the barrel. Reassemble. Heat up remaining cosmoline with heat gun or hair dryer and wipe off. It's EZ. I did my first a few days ago
>>
>>31556084
>US property marked A1
in great condition

Very nice deal anon, treasure it and give it to your children, it would be a fine heirloom.
>>
I'm going to my first gun show in November. Looking to get some milsurp. Any idea what I should be prepared to spend?
>>
>>31556541
Fasho!

Got it from my uncle, who got it from his dad. So it's already kind of a family heirloom
>>
>>31556565
No kidding! Surprised hast you needed to pay 500 for a family heirloom though. heh, Usually those things come at no charge.

Know the story behind it? I have seen quite a few where GI's bring them home from deployment as a "deployment bonus" and scratch the Serial/US property markings off because they get spooked for some reason.

I have even seen a poor early colt deep blue pre-a1 that was turned into a parts kit after the "us property" marked frame was destroyed and assembled into an early Essex Arms Corp cast frame. A real shame.
>>
>>31556160
>which it most certainly would
May, eventually
>probably
yeah, probably
>chunk out of your skull
except it won't penetrate a skull outside of contact distance.

Recommending birdshot at all is fucking stupid

Here's a video from a guy who was shot in the arm, the torso, and the head from less than 10 feet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3z4NMWdTcg
If he had a pistol he could likely have killed his attacker since he was still able to deflect the gun from his head after 2 shots. This is in no way uncommon, birdshot is simply not lethal in any immediate way. Stop recommending or excusing the use of birdshot for defense, it's fuddlore that can get someone killed.
>>
>>31553163
Think for a moment how a cartridge is chambered and how it sits in there and maybe you'll understand why this is an absolutely idiotic idea.
I sincerely hope you're noguns, because otherwise someone as retarded as you is a danger to all those around you.
>>
>>31555150
Small Mauser action so probably a Remington 700 in 308 with a custom barrel.
>>
>>31555150
Yeah. From that dark image I can tell you what that rifle is chambered in.
>>
>>31556702
Yeaaah my uncle and aunt have kinda always been like that. When his dad died(not my grandpa) he got like 3 safes full of guns. So he's been trying to downsize and selling stuff super cheap.

I told him that similar 1911s were online for like 1200 and he said "500 and its yours"

Wish i knew the story on it. It has the "FJA" stamp on the left side by the grip, and the "RIA" stamp on the right side. That means it was rebuilt right? The slide is also marked "remington rand inc syracuse, ny, usa" and has the "p" stamp in front of the rear sights.

Gonna have to do some digging and serial number checking to see what year it was made etc.

Does sound like a damn shame.
>>
>>31556731
Eh you could probably make it work by having a funky ass bolt face that fitted/support the smaller tail of the cartridge in a recessed channel, but it'd be hilariously over complicated to do, even if we ignore the immense why the fuck would you ever want to have that arrangement question.
>>
File: Charlotte.gif (2MB, 800x446px) Image search: [Google]
Charlotte.gif
2MB, 800x446px
Whats the most reliable 1911? Does their reliability have more to do with mags or brand?

So far I've been told Colt and RIA are the best for their price ranges.
>>
>>31557067
most reliable are full length, 5'' barrel.
bad mags will fuck you most
colt and RIA are gtg. RIA is great starter gun so you learn not to idiot mark shit on a colt
>>
>>31556084
You did terrible, it's totally worthless. You better send it to me to properly dispose of it.
>>
>>31557141
Kek.

Really been wanting more information and maybe a value if anyone can
>>
What's a good <$250 4x scope? Is there such a thing?
>>
File: IMG_20161003_232723_527.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161003_232723_527.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>31554094
>>31554107
its on a claw mount supposedly off of a g3sg1
>>
File: 1474576978359.jpg (138KB, 633x568px) Image search: [Google]
1474576978359.jpg
138KB, 633x568px
>>31555242
You can even see here that there was almost no penetration. If you shot a man wearing a jacket and t shirt in the chest, youd be lucky to have one little pellet go through the sternum.

You have to be in contact range of some asshole to get a SOMEWHAT decent shot, an asshole that might be armed with a handgun, or a knife and might grab your barrel and prison rush/shank you.

Can it kill? Yes. But will it instantly incapacitate a man? Very unlikely. Even handguns shooting 150grain bullets and having perfect shot placement and adequate penetration have a hard time doing that.

I mean... If it's all you've got its all you've got. But you can easily turn your shotgun into a killing machine by just buying the right ammo, don't know why youd risk it by being lazy.
>>
>>31553325

>>31553561
https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/pmag

>>31556558
too much, if you want cheap milsurp go to a gun auction

>>31556702
one of my cousins is a cop, said he was contacted by someone with one of those but after endless paperwork and dealing with the atf he was able to get it re-serialed for the guy.
>>
>>31559176
If it was manufactured before 1968 it doesn't even need a serial number. If it was a US property marked 1911 most likely it was manufactured before that date and all of his efforts were for naught.
>>
>>31560464
>5-73-107. Possession of a defaced firearm.

(a) A person commits the offense of possession of a defaced firearm if he or she knowingly possesses a firearm with a manufacturer's serial number or other identification mark required by law that has been removed, defaced, marred, altered, or destroyed.

(b) It is a defense to a prosecution under this section that the person reported the possession to the police or other governmental agency prior to arrest or the issuance of an arrest warrant or summons.

(c) (1) Possession of a defaced firearm is a Class D felony.
>>
>>31560581
That's only if it originally had a serial number and it was scratched or filed off. Firearms manufactured prior to 1968 did not require serial numbers and you do not need to stamp a serial number on them to legally own them.
>>
>>31560705
this. You literally let the ATF and police give you the runaround for no reason.
>>
File: PAGE2.jpg (175KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PAGE2.jpg
175KB, 791x1024px
>>31560705
those guns did have serial numbers from the factory. you can't take one off it was put there originally, feel free to ask the atf, put your dogs in a kennel first though.
>>
>>31560705
Every handgun Colt made had a serial number when made. Most manufacturers marked their handguns to track shipping and inventory.
Every single gun legit marked U.S. Property had a serial when made, as mandated by the US Gov.
The only way a US 1911 would not have a serail number is if it was assembled from parts stolen from the factory, a counterfeit, or had the serial removed.
>>
>>31560725
>>31560736

That's different then. I imagine the ATF would relish the opportunity to shoot your puppers over that even if it was manufactured prior to 1968.
>>
What are the differences between a Mossberg 590 and a 500? Is it enough to warrant paying extra for a 590? Got a LGS that's selling a 590 model for like $40 over some of the 500s and I'm wondering if it's worth it.
>>
>>31544672
What are some good flip up sights? Try to keep it under $100 as if I hit that I may just get an aimpoint.
>>
I have a cz p07 duty and am looking to buy a 2nd handgun, thinking full size in a larger caliber, recommendations? I'm thinking a 10mm glock
>>
>>31562172
metal trigger guard, little more tacticool, probably worth another $40.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Why are commiefornians going for weird workaround grips/ stocks for their ARs instead of just going with the BB 2.0? Is it because of the hassle of partial disassembly each time you want to drop a mag or am I missing something?
Pic related
>>
>>31563625
It's easier to just change the stock once when you need to use the rifle defensively.
>>
What rangefinder does / k / recommend?
>>
File: 1458419451221.jpg (144KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1458419451221.jpg
144KB, 750x750px
want to build a decent quality functional AR for under 1000, whats a good lower to start with and what are some brands that make quality affordable parts? I researched this a while ago but I'm drawing a blank on where to start now
>>
>>31557067
You were told correctly. Colts can be trusted to run out of the box, RIAs are hit or miss but they have excellent support - and any 1911 that is not reliable can usually become so by changing either the recoil spring, mainspring, or adjusting extractor tension.

The absolute most reliable magazines are checkmate 7 round steel mags with the hybrid follower. These are the same as the Colt factory mags. Some mags don't like certain ammo, but the beauty of the 1911 is that you can tailor it to your usage by changing minor shit like that.
>>
File: 1470872728597.jpg (100KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
1470872728597.jpg
100KB, 500x430px
Do any of you guys do tactical training or dynamic shooting competitions?

I'm interested in getting involved, and I live in the Denver area, but I'm not sure what options are available to me yet, just beginning research.
>>
>>31564789
IDPA or IPSC is probably your easiest entry, should be able to find some info at a pistol range. Not from Denver so no specific info, but go try out some IDPA to see if you're going to like competition before shelling out for all kinds of Gucci 3-gun shit.
>>
File: _photo_jul_08,_15_50_00__sized.jpg (530KB, 1200x703px) Image search: [Google]
_photo_jul_08,_15_50_00__sized.jpg
530KB, 1200x703px
What is the purpose of the forward-most M2 on this Merkava? It looks like it's only mounted on an arm without a control system, so if there's no mechanical way to aim and fire it who is expected to use this thing?
>>
File: Nambu Model 60.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nambu Model 60.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
Is there anyway I could possibly get a New Nambu Model 60? I know they've never imported them so would there be a way for me to make a regular j-frame look like it or would the parts be near impossible to re-create?

I need to know please help.
>>
Anybody know off the top of their head the legality of doing private transfers of long guns at gun shows in PA?
>>
>>31565690
It is pretty much a weirdly mounted coax.
>>
>>31565690

They want an M2 as a coax. They can't fit an M2 inside the tank, so they put it there.

It's fixed to the main gun (just like the normal coax) and fired via solenoid (just like the normal coax).
>>
What would be a good recommendation for a bolt action 22?
>>
Anyone know a good source for MRE's? USGI is fine, but I'd really like to find some French RCIR's and German EPa's, too.
>>
>>31567479
USGI amazon
>>
>>31567396

If your looking for a decent cheap one, Savage MK2.
>>
>>31555393
Get a chinese military surplus sks (not the pinned barrel commercial shit) instead of a yugo. It has the chrome lined barrel and doesn't have that heavy useless grenade launching shit.
>>
should I get a Kel-Tec RFB as my first gun? I've got the money to buy basically anything, and I think it's a real neat gun.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 400x283px
Couple sks related questions;
>Tula 7.62x39 sp ammo, 124 grain vs 150 grain sp.

Which is better for HD?

>ATI Monte Carlo stock
How hard would it be to cut a slot for a bayonet, cleaning rod, and kit? My original stock is kinda fucked, and I wouldn't mind a synthetic replacement.
>>
>>31567610
>pinned barrel
Mines a commercial one I'm pretty sure, and it has a threaded barrel. I can take pictures when I get out of work later this evening.
>>
Sexiest single action revolver for under 1k? I saw Magificent 7 last night and now I fuggin NEED one...
>>
>>31567662
>HD
The heavier SP bullet would be better suited for defense. It will still overpenetrate like crazy, but not ad badly as the 125gr
>>
>>31567831
*Disclaimer. I am not a ballistics expert and 7.62x39 is a shitty HD round due to its crazy over penetration in drywall.
>>
>>31567831
Oh...didn't see that they were both soft point rounds... fuck if I know which is best.
>>
>>31567831
Fuck. Cuz it's the only option I have at the moment. A few years back when I was up in vt, I got to use some 154gr sp 7.62x39. From a few feet away i shot a tree that was maybe around as thick as my arm, and It didn't exit, so I thought it might be a viable option.
>>
>>31567742
Ruger Blackhawk
>>
>>31567908
See
>>31567831
>>31567849

If it's your only option then go for it. Just remember that you're responsible for that bullet from the moment you pull the trigger until it finally comes to rest.
>>
>>31545754
pls respond
>>
Do I need to have an account for Bud's Gunshop website in order to buy a gun from them & have it shipped to an FFL dealer?

If so, is there a waiting period for new accounts to buy firearms from the site after you sign up?
>>
>>31567655
Start with something less...weird. Plus, the RFB has a lot of reliability issues. Maybe start with, say, a PTR, if you want a semi-auto .308? Those are pretty idiot-proof, but should teach you good habits. Then down the road get an RFB.
>>
File: 1475323020844.png (30KB, 747x491px) Image search: [Google]
1475323020844.png
30KB, 747x491px
>>31544672
Should I...
>buy a new gun, either first milsurp rifle or lever-action centerfire rifle

or
>use the money on buying optics and accessories for the guns I currently have

Currently on disability, so gun purchases have to be few and far between. I currently have no optic on my AR, no light for my handgun, no optic for my CZ452, and only a 1 mag for my CZ as well.
>>
File: 20161005_140931.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161005_140931.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Theres some serious pitting and rust on my surplus FEG hi power.
Pic related is just around the barrel, theres also some by the rear sight aswell.

So should i have it cerakoted?
ive never dont that before but will it help protect the pitted areas? And will the blasting process that removes the original blueing remove the rust aswell?
>>
Anyone have any links to resources about ballistics from a 7.5" barreled AR pistol? Everything I'm finding on Google fuddlore and speculation.
>>
>>31569243
Put some bondo on that shit before you paint, nigga.
>>
>>31569304
Why bondo? i was going to have my lgs do it.
>>
File: 1590.jpg (104KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1590.jpg
104KB, 1600x1200px
>>31544672
Anybody know what this stock is for? Found it while cleaning out a horder's house. More pics to follow.
>>
File: 1592.jpg (119KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1592.jpg
119KB, 1600x1200px
>>31569479
>>
File: 1593.jpg (102KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1593.jpg
102KB, 1600x1200px
>>31569500
>>
File: 1594.jpg (104KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1594.jpg
104KB, 1600x1200px
>>31569509
>>
>>31569479
Roger 10/22, looks like a factory stock.
>>
>>31569569
My phone apparently thinks Sturm Ruger doesn't exist.
>>
>>31569569
I second this, had to take apart my 10/22 to confirm but Anon above is correct.
>>
Thanks for the id on the stock comrades
>>
>>31564659
Head to ARG

But to answer your question, aero or Anderson lowers will do just fine. Anderson will work for your LPK and UPK.
>>
i have an AAC cyclone 7.62 and don't really want to buy more suppressors because i'm a cheap bastard, but want to use it on basically everything. its threaded, not QD.

what are the ideal rifles to make use of my can with 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R and still operate normally? meaning basically that i would settle for bolt-action 54r if there isn't a semiauto that will cycle, or if it will but it will also gas my face like an AR does.

just assume that i have a skilled non-bubba gunsmith who can do the threading for me, or move a front sight post or whatever else, because i do.

also assume i have no problem with the consequences e.g. shortening a barrel to a weird length. provided no federal laws are broken, of course.
>>
>>31568219
from what I've heard the gas system is a bit finicky and it has a pretty long break in period, but other than that it seems decent
>>
>>31550045
I dont see why they wouldnt, the front sight just dovetails in to place, it might look strange though
>>
>>31553593

I'll paypal you $50 for it
>>
>>31550057
Ithaca 37 fampai
>>
Is there a guide about buying bulletproof glass?
>>
>>31570436
be sure not to buy anything you haven't personally tested the proof of
>>
WHERE IS YOUR RIFLE?
>>
is it racist to commit sudoku if you're not japanese?
>>
File: IMG_20161005_155141_01.jpg (31KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161005_155141_01.jpg
31KB, 375x500px
What is it worth /k/?
>>
Where can I find Swiss ammo? I want to see just how much better the 5.6 is compared to NATO.
>>
>>31570806
>sks
>synthetic
>banana mag adapted
$3.50
>>
Hello everyone

I need help on this more than just a question

I been looking dor this one manga that is hard to find since well it's "different" but I still wat to read it because it's my own personal thing to do

You may have seen some examples of it over in other boards so you may help me find it and link it for me but if you do not know what I talking about then let me explain it

It involves a woman and a man and they have a baby but something happens and it turns into a huge rape session by these guys where the woman ends up with her legs ripped off and raped while the man gets his eye gauged out and raped as well

Also the rapist takes the baby and shouts "BABY FUCK BABY FUCK" and proceeds to rape the baby infront of the woman and the man then puts the raped infant in the blender and turns it on turning the baby into nothing but liquefied blood and skin tissue causing the woman to completely break down

So again please would someone help me find this online because I would like to read the manga again please
>>
>>31570929
>>>/r/
get out
>>
>>31570908
K won't buy then.
>>
>>31544672
Did the Germans ever issue combat shotguns in WW2?
>>
>>31571196
Only shotgun that they issued at all was the Luftwaffe's M30 Drilling survival rifle. And that...you know what, just Google it, everything about that rifle was a magnificent exercise in Goering's stupidity.
>>
>>31571242
Cheers. Definitely an interesting weapon, but I'm sure it didn't have much practicality. Too bad they're so rare, I'd love to own one.
>>
I only recently started coming here and already checked the sticky/catalog could someone tell me what the do/k/ument is
>>
>>31571526
A compilation of information relevant to /k/, including, but not limited to, gunsmith PDFs, blueprints for firearms, reloading manuals, etc. There are also texts on a wide variety of subjects. The idea is in a total society collapse you can rebuild technology with the information found within.
>>
>>31571602
Neat thanks for the info
>>
>>31568177
I don't think there's a waiting period, but I think you do need an account. It takes like 2 minutes to set one up.
>>
File: IMG_20161005_191936.jpg (2MB, 2952x2929px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161005_191936.jpg
2MB, 2952x2929px
Just got an SKS from classic firearms. Can. Anyone help identify these things it came with? I'm assuming they're part of some sort of cleaning kit but they're too soaked in cosmoline to investigate until cleaned.
>>
>>31570929
2007 was fucking wild man
>>
>>31571828
vodka and buttplug
>>
>>31571828

Looks like an oil bottle and a cleaning kit.
>>
>>31571828

black tube on the right is a cleaning kit that goes with your cleaning rod

it works pretty well and it fits in the back of the stock
>>
>>31571828

The right is a cleaning kit, the little circular thing is apparently an oil can.

I got my SKS from them too, it's great but I regret getting a hand select since it isn't really flawless anyway.
>>
Are the Interstate Arms Hawk 982 shotguns any good?
>>
>>31571852
Tastes like shit wtf I though vodka was good
>>
File: enhanced-8735-1445093569-7.png (925KB, 625x471px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-8735-1445093569-7.png
925KB, 625x471px
Saw a used NAA Guardian in .32 acp at the LGS for about $325 with a holster, great shape. Yea or nay?
>>
File: IMG_20161005_192556.jpg (2MB, 2952x3376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161005_192556.jpg
2MB, 2952x3376px
>>31571828
Holy shit that's handy

>>31571854
>>31571862
>>31571866
Thanks
>>
anyone have the /k/ summer photo, I've been away for about 2 months and wanted to see my fat face in it
>>
>>31571878
That was the butt plug, military surplus may have wear
>>
>>31570929
Eh, whatever. I'll help.
http://www.guromanga.com/read/mai-chan-no-nichijou
>>
>>31570806
TAPCOfucked SKS with extra tapcofuckery? $200, maybe $250 if it comes with the original parts.
>>
Alright anons so I got an rag .32 from my granddad when he died and I was wondering if I should keep it because vie heard they're shit although I shot it and it seems to work fine
>>
>>31572414
Rg*
>>
>>31570102
>7.62x39
Any reliable AK obviously with some custom work, I wouldn't even trust Arsenal on the threading, so just get it recut no matter what you choose. If you don't already have a bolt action, a hushed up CZ 527 could be fun.

>7.62x54R
Dunno man, a Mosin is the easy answer, but then you'd have to go through life both owning a Mosin and knowing that not even the spergs that like them don't like yours since you "ruined glorious history" or some shit to fit a suppressor on there.

I'm gonna say VEPR and adjustable gas block.
>>
>>31570102
54R VEPR, of any barrel length. Might have to get a thread adapter.
any Arsenal in 7.62
>>
Can anyone tell me what the round holes are in the handguard on this kit? The keymod is only on four sides, but it also has four sides with these holes. I can't find any information on them. Trying to see what I can do regarding rail covers.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-melonite-11-lightweight-moe-freedom-rifle-kit.html
>>
>>31572595
>keymod is only on four sides, but it also has four sides with these holes
>Trying to see what I can do regarding rail covers.

First of all, those holes are holes, they are the absence of material.

>Keymod
>rail covers

Second, stop doing that.
Can't tell if I've just been trolled or not.
>>
I have an upper with some things that annoy me, it's a 16" carbine length with a railed gas block. It's also nitrite treated making it hard to work on for things like pinning a gas block. Also it's 1:9. I wish I hadn't bought it, but I was new to ARs and an idiot.

Was thinking of putting on a clamp-on lopro gas block, are these decent? Any good ones? Also is carbine on a 16" worth getting upset over?
>>
>>31572721
Panels, my bad. Unless putting some BCM rail panels on Keymod is considered heresy.
>>
>>31571828
Holy shit, they're giving out WataMote manga with firearm purchases now?
>>
>>31572856
You've got a whole lot of not ideal going on, but the only thing 1\9 means is no 77gr stuff and all carbine gas means is more recoil and more wear over time. A clamp on will work if you install it correctly. I've used the Yankee Hill Machine one with no problems.

>>31572889
Wasn't a terminology thing, just have an unnatural aversion to rail covers and panels, never liked them and hoped the key-mod etc would make it stop. If you like them go for it.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 289x175px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 289x175px
Since you fags will argue about anything, FAL or G3 for a first rifle?

>Inb4 AR-15
>>
File: download (8).jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
9KB, 300x168px
Anyone have any experience with the PTR-32? Looking at picking one up simply because I can. Pretty much everything I've looked up about it is saying it's good to go with the exception of being a little picky about magazines.
>>
File: 20161005_211837.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161005_211837.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Acquired an early CETME Sporter build from Century. Rear sight spins like a pinwheel, stops at the 200m setting but moves with no effort.

I dont want to replace it entirely with an HK type drum. Is this something i can fix?

Forgive me for being a retard, but i know shit all about these rifles.

Pic related. Rear sight.
>>
File: 20161005_212126.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161005_212126.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>31573236

Potato tier pic of rifle.
>>
Anyone have any experience with the CCI Cu22 copper round? My last session I had 5-6 FTEs on my 10/22 which could be blamed on the ammo, a mispositioned bolt lock spring, or bent casing while using an autoloader. I'm going to try thumbloading next session to see if that helps.
>>
>>31573140
> first rifle?
>Inb4 AR-15

Hey you were right, AR-15

>>31573236
You can fix it, there's a spring and two detent balls, either spring died or the last jackass put it back together wrong\ lost a detent.
https://www.apexgunparts.com/cetme-rear-sight-detent-ball-set-2x-nos.html
https://www.apexgunparts.com/cetme-rear-sight-aperture-spring.html

You'll need to drive out the pin with a punch and getting the wheel back in without losing a detent is delicate, but not hard.
>>
https://bullpupunlimited.com/

Is it worth getting a kit for a Mossberg 590? I have no practical use for it (already have a few shotguns at hand), I just was looking into some of the unnecessary aftermarket kits that looked cool.
>>
>live in NY
>have a 10/22, SKS, AR-15, bunch of AR lowers
>~500rds for each gun

What should I buy next? Had my eye on a Benelli supernova but god damn if these unused lowers aren't bothering me
>>
File: COLT SERIES 70.jpg (965KB, 1500x1030px) Image search: [Google]
COLT SERIES 70.jpg
965KB, 1500x1030px
Hey, i want to replicate this 1911 as close as possible, I have a dirt cheap "ranger" 1911 (as far as i can tell its just a norinco rebrand), my two questions are what should i replace in a norinco 1911 internaly, and what is the tyle of front sight called?
>>
>>31571956
I think it's hosted on murderkube
>>
What's better, Red Dot or Holographic?
>>
File: ets_mag_2.jpg (28KB, 448x306px) Image search: [Google]
ets_mag_2.jpg
28KB, 448x306px
Does anyone have any experience with the 31 round ETS glock 18 magazines? PSA's magazine bundle got me tempted.
>>
>>31574462
>what is the tyle of front sight called?
That's a ramped tenon style front sight. Look at Brownells part# 584-006-145WB it looks similar. You will want to look up what tenon your gun uses.

As for internals, the only consumables are the recoil spring and firing pin spring.
>>
I ordered a gun online. It arrived at the FFL LGS on the 4th(confirmed by tracking). I went in on the end of the 5th to inspect the weapon, but was told "did so-and-so call you? I dont see it in the back"
Is this normal? I'm hoping they're just the typical, fuddy LGS but my paranoia is flaring.
>>
>>31572890
Yeah that's surplus manga.
>>
What is the point of caseless ammunition?
>>
>>31578657
Smaller and lighter, Faster rates of fire possible as you eliminate extraction and ejection from the equation. Less material needed to make ammo.
>>
File: 1475689518959.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1475689518959.gif
1MB, 276x260px
Writefag here. Can somebody tell me if black powder makes a mess around the shooting area? Like residue or anything? And is flintlock dropping some powder in some cases?
>>
File: 1396151624879.jpg (254KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1396151624879.jpg
254KB, 1024x683px
Hypothetically speaking, if someone in a state with strict gun laws wanted an AR15, could they go to a state like NH with more relaxed gun laws to purchase said weapon and then return to their home state with the rifle?
>>
>>31579004
Hypothetically, you should find a private seller
>>
>>31578829
are there any negatives for it being used? like the guns getting dirtier faster or more prone to jam?
>>
File: MK 12.jpg (222KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MK 12.jpg
222KB, 1920x1080px
Can someone identify this charging handle?

I'm curious.
>>
I'm the dude who was planning on clobbing together a lever action .22

To the person who sent an email to the rcmp asking about this on my behalf, did you get a response?
>>
File: 249-02-1.jpg (29KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
249-02-1.jpg
29KB, 450x450px
>>31579779
Looks like a Wilson Combat
>>
>>31579795
Thanks, any thoughts on it? I might be building an AR eventually and it looks neat.
>>
>>31579809
I currently have a BCM Gunfigher on my AR, but I've heard good things about them. My cousin has one on his SR-15, and it's very nice.

Honestly I've never had a bad experience with any Wilson Combat product.
>>
>>31544672
Can you have ammunition shipped directly to your house? or does it need to go to an FFl?
>>
>>31579779
>Project Reality with Mk12
Mod? Because I want a Mk12 in that game so badly. I try to pretend the M16A4 with an HBAR and a Leupold scope is an SDM-R
>>
How's the QC of modern Smith and Wesson? Are their performance center guns worth the extra cash or mostly marketing with little actual substance?
>>
>>31579820
Thanks, I'll look it up. Probably going to get an AK first because dad's been stockpiling AK ammo and mags for years but an AR would also be nice.

After I move out of course, he's a fudd who hates the AR. I think it jammed on him once in the field and almost got him killed.
>>
>>31579827
most states it can ship to your door with a signature
some states restrict it
>>
>>31579952
warning you now, the AK market is shit at the moment and shows no sign of recovery. Unless you get a deal, you'll probably pay more than I'd consider smart for a decent product.
and this is coming from someone that loves AKs
>>
Kameraden! I'm looking for a tacticool holster for my Glock 34 mos with a gtl22. What can You recommend? Thanks!
>>
I was going ask why no one has done anything with 7.62 Nagant since the Nagant revolver
Then I looked up the stats on it
It's a fucking spudgun caliber
6.3 g (97 gr) FMC 327 m/s (1,070 ft/s) 340 J (250 ft·lbf)
Meanwhile the slowest 7.62 tok round
5.5 g (85 gr) JHP[2] 376 m/s (1,230 ft/s) 390 J (290 ft·lbf)
And also
5.5 g (85 gr) FMJ[4] 525 m/s (1,720 ft/s) 760 J (560 ft·lbf)
>More than double the energy
Just

But
That still makes me want a pistol caliber carbine in 7.62 nag
>>
>>31581224
Why is the market so bad? What would you consider a good price and why isn't that currently available?
>>
>>31581492
The US AK market can historically be divided into two groups- rifles imported to the US made on USSR spec equipment, like WASRs, Saigas and Arsenals; and US made garbage. Why the US rifles are shit AKs is a long story and I could go for a few posts explaining why, but it's quicker to just say that and move on.
I won't get into Chinese AKs, because that's ancient history.
almost all Russian AK imports were banned by Obama (with the notable exception of VEPRs), restricting supply. That leaves said VEPRs, Arsenal products, and WASRs as decent alternatives. WASRs had their importation fucked up by certain business maneuvering by their sole importer, Century Arms, jacking up their price. Further, the Cugir factory that produces WASRs is currently occupied with better paying military contracts- the effect being that you're not going to find a WASR for $500-600 like you should.
Arsenals experienced huge demand because no WASRs, and are going for $1100 minimum. Nice rifles, but damned expensive.
VEPRs come in waves, and have to be worked on to accept standard AK accessories like furniture. They are really solid rifles, but to get an AKM copy with a VEPR you're looking at spending Arsenal money, easy.
With the election coming and no end in sight to the bans, outlook is grim.
You could buy a Zastava, but you'll always need Yugo parts. Really kind of a snowflake AK.
>>
>>31581596
Thanks for the explanation.

Have a suggestion for a good AR to look into, and then start customizing?
>>
File: h61ZVll.jpg (215KB, 1200x609px) Image search: [Google]
h61ZVll.jpg
215KB, 1200x609px
why people use plate carriers only with frotal and back plates when there is vests with side protection also?
>>
File: 1471373189625.png (162KB, 319x242px) Image search: [Google]
1471373189625.png
162KB, 319x242px
Can you fire a single shot shotgune without a forgrip ?

What is the purpose of th e foregrip ?

Is it to A: provide a place to put/protect your hand
B: does it snug the face to the back of the barrels ?

also has anyone mated two singles shots to a double shot ?
I was thinking of soldering them (since even tig applies too much heat ?) since it is what was done in the factory. and just wondering if anyone has done this and any tips ?

and JAAAKKIIEEEE , one more ting jakiee...
on a scale of one to bad
should I put 12g two single shots together and solder a pump 12g on the bottom , and solder a .22lr single shot on the top of the rib

I dont have to fear from ATF since my dog is in canada .... and im preddy sure this is legal as long as u lock it up and dont cut any barrels
>>
>>31581863
price, mobility, personal fit and not wanting to look like the mask dude from ninja scroll
>>
>>31582031
lets pretend price isn't problem, personal fit would be same with both, now mobility i can understand but lets pretend again we are not cowadoody kids running around assblasting 360 noscope and what the hell is mask dude from ninja scroll? so full body vests are superior to plate carriers?
>>
>>31581780
For a passable budget rifle, get any lower receiver that catches your eye, they're all the same pretty much
Then get a PSA rifle kit, shit goes on sale a lot.
Put it all together and you have a fine rifle for $500ish
>>
>>31573152
Love mine. Mine hasn't been picky about anything, just make sure it's oiled properly.

And of course, it's going to launch cases like 10 feet right and forward.
>>
>>31577450
Yes. Nobody is making any commission on your ass so they are letting their laziness overcome their customer service. Just call them and ask for their owner's name and FFL # for your stolen firearm report. Every gun they receive has to be opened, recorded, entered into "the system," and of course fondled and passed around. This takes old/lazy people a long time.
>>
File: 1461681648910.jpg (60KB, 791x327px) Image search: [Google]
1461681648910.jpg
60KB, 791x327px
>>31544672

which pulp fiction wallet should i get, gold or patriot?
>>
File: IMG_5865.jpg (318KB, 959x771px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5865.jpg
318KB, 959x771px
>>31544672
Maryland anon here,

Does anyone know if you can buy high capacity (>10 rd) magazines in VA or PA and drive them across state lines to MD?

Our law does not restrict citizens from owning high cap mags, just buying them in state?
>>
>>31550028
PS90 is probably too niche for this election, you alreasy have an x39 rifle, so I'd go for the PTR/FAL
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.